January 25, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NoteVault
I use Notevault for daily reporting when I am out on highway repair projects. Having time-stamped photos and the transcribed text available allows me to do a more thorough and accurate job of reporting.
- Enhances safety; instead of writing notes, with my head down buried in a notebook, I am aware and looking around. I work on highway repair projects next to live traffic and all types of construction equipment moving in all directions and overhead.
- Documentation; I got in a dispute with a contractor recently and won it immediately by showing my Notevault notes with time stamped photos of the disputed work.
- Communication; I can keep other support staff back in the home office up to date with project developments and they get to see what is going on .
- Difficult to bring back reports from the archives. I don't archive any more; I just sequentially date my projects and keep them all live.
- Notevault is set up for normal work shifts. But I mostly work night shifts from about 10 pm to 6 am. You then have to sort and filter the notes from two separate "days" in the system to get a coherent report from a single night shift. I live with it, but I don't like it.
- Settling one dispute with a contractor paid for the year's subscription. I find that I frequently go back and pull out photos for various purposes, but it's hard to put a value on that