Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft SQL Server, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- SQL dialect is simple to use and usually very easy to understand
- Installation is really simple
- Predictive text
- Color for keywords
- Error checking is decent
- Reporting Service will better
- OLAP or BI embedded
- Replication will be better and easy to implement
- Simple data imports work well.
- Drag and drop queries and selecting into new query techniques allow you to generate queries with less typing.
- Accessing stored procedures is nicely organized by the 'folder tree'.
- Setting up AlwaysOn Availability groups is easy once the Windows Shared-nothing cluster is set up and working.
- Using the Database Tuning Advisor is remarkably easy, even if interpreting the results properly requires a lot of knowledge.
- Installing and configured MDW is quite easy, even if making use of the information it captures can require a lot of knowledge.
- Availability Groups
- Jobs with SSIS packages integration
- Writing and executing SQL queries is fairly simple. Just open up SQL Management studio and you can find a table you want and select rows from it using the drop down GUI when right clicking it or you can write SQL scripts into the query editor.
- Connecting to new database servers is as easy as typing the name (assuming you have permissions to connect to said server).
- Installation is easy but time consuming. Following the installation wizard allows you to get SQL installed and running in no time.
- SQL Server Management studio is easy to understand
- SQL server reports are easy to build
- Running queries and retrieving data and moving it to excel is easy
- Information gathering through SQL Server Management Studio
- Simple import/export of data utilizing Integration Services
- Creating and publishing reports using Reporting Services