Syncplicity is a cloud storage, file sync and sharing platform offered by Axway.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/XS/Uk/IRPD59U0CJV5.JPEGMy experience using SyncplicityMy company implemented Syncplicity a couple of years ago. It's been deployed across all users and is part of the laptop image when it'd deployed to new PCs. It allows us to backup our data and share what we'd like with our coworkers.,By default, it is setup to backup my Desktop Shortcuts, My Documents, and my Internet Explorer Favorites folders. When I sign into a new PC, it automatically syncs these items, making it easy for my data to travel with me. I'm able to easily share my items/folders with coworkers, granting them read or read/write access as required. I like that items that are shared with me allow me to choose to sync them to my PC or not. This allows me to sync smaller items like documents and spreadsheets, but keep things like webex recordings stored in the cloud and not using up gigabtyes of space on my PC. :) I like that, during times when I want to free up resources, I can pause the syncing of files.,I would appreciate it if it backed up more than just Desktop, Favorites and Documents by default. I'm not sure if this was something chosen by my employer, but it would be nice if the whole profile folder was backed up by default, so my pictures, music, and videos folders were included.,9,The ease of use saves me a lot of time. Being able to easily share files with my coworkers also saves me time. This allowed my company to reduce the size of our file server and in doing so, reduced our storage budget.,CrashPlan
Syncplicity

Syncplicity Reviews

Syncplicity
Filter 6 vetted Syncplicity reviews and ratings
February 21, 2017

User Review: "My experience using Syncplicity"

• By default, it is setup to backup my Desktop Shortcuts, My Documents, and my Internet Explorer Favorites folders. When I sign into a new PC, it automatically syncs these items, making it easy for my data to travel with me.
  • I'm able to easily share my items/folders with coworkers, granting them read or read/write access as required.
  • I like that items that are shared with me allow me to choose to sync them to my PC or not. This allows me to sync smaller items like documents and spreadsheets, but keep things like webex recordings stored in the cloud and not using up gigabtyes of space on my PC. :)
  • I like that, during times when I want to free up resources, I can pause the syncing of files.
  • I would appreciate it if it backed up more than just Desktop, Favorites and Documents by default. I'm not sure if this was something chosen by my employer, but it would be nice if the whole profile folder was backed up by default, so my pictures, music, and videos folders were included.
It's a great application to backup your data automatically to the cloud and then access Later. The automatic restore of certain folders is handy and one less thing to worry about when you're setting up a new PC again.
I haven't really encountered any issues with Syncplicity to have any thoughts where it could be improved or where it wouldn't work.
Read Ben Liebowitz's full review

Document collaboration (1)
Access control (1)
File search (1)
Device sync (1)
User and role management (1)
File organization (1)
Device management (1)
Performance (1)
Reliability (1)

About Syncplicity

Syncplicity headquartered in Santa Clara, California offers a cloud storage, file sync and sharing platform.