We are using IBM API Connect across our organization--by multiple teams--as an enterprise platform. IBM API Connect helps us with services/API discovery using the developer portal console. It is used to expose enterprise APIs to third-party vendors and manage their access. We also use it within organization to discover and re-use/share services with other departments.
- Great and unmatched consumer management features in developer portal; support for setting up consumer teams with multiple developers.
- Out-of-box support for multiple authentication security mechanisms for API, like OAUTH, MTLS, JWK, etc.
- Extensive workflow and lifecycle approval customization were best among peers.
- DataPower, as runtime engine is very robust and high performing.
- Improve product documentation.
- Should improve implementation support for enterprise use cases--like support for private cluster implementation.
- More stable and slow releases for enterprise. Need to have easier migration and upgrade options--especially for customers using old versions like v5.
IBM API Connect is well suited for on-premises installation. We also have flexible cloud-hosted plans managed by IBM Cloud. Flexible options for API Security, consumer organization, easier UI-based API development options, and great workflow for product lifecycle management are unparalleled and would be a great fit for any organization.