We use the MuleSoft Anypoint platform primarily in our IT department to build API solutions that interface with our vendors and partners. The platform itself houses our REST APIs which make requests and receive responses between our systems of record and our third-party processors that house our core application logic.
- Fast deployment and implementation.
- Seamless connection for any application.
- Pre-built connectors out of the box.
- Integrates easily with Salesforce platform.
- Has more features than what we really need so we're paying for more than we use. Sort of like paying for an Abrams tank when all we really need is a Toyota Corolla.
- Not a value product, tends to be expensive.
- Takes a while for developers to learn to use Mulesoft Anypoint.
You can empower your business with the process, experience, and system APIs. This also tends to simplify API management because they are segregated into the three groups and provide an additional layer of security. Anypoint is very effective at quickly exposing critical data to web apps, connected devices, vendor systems, and mobile devices in a secure way. It's also great for situations where you need to throttle access or requests to certain systems. The template development approach makes it easy to build reusable services across multiple points of integration.