https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Qj/C2/3UEZX2TRZUUW.PNGToutApp leaves much to be desiredWe use ToutApp to track our outbound sales engagement emails. It helps automate the general emailing process and enables us to report on the success rates of various email templates. The entire sales organization is using Tout.,ToutApp puts all of your email engagement in one interface, making it easy to access your book of work. ToutApp gives you the ability to see real-time email engagement from your prospects. ToutApp syncs with your Salesforce account to track all of your outreach in your CRM.,Reporting is clunky and challenging to use at times. They were recently purchased by Marketo, so I'm hopeful that Marketo will be able to address some of these concerns. The ToutApp interface is not the most intuitive and does not provide a deeper understanding/analysis of the data. The ToutApp integration with Outlook has created intermittent problems in usability/access.,4,One of the biggest challenges with ToutApp has been getting users buy-in to the platform. Because of email deliverability issues and periodic systemic challenges, it has been difficult to inspire company-wide excitement around the tool,Outreach,Salesforce Lightning, RingDNA, ConnectAndSellDoes a lot, but even the small features make it worth itIt is used within sales. It is heavily used to run campaigns, track emails, and measure messaging. I use it daily in my prospecting efforts in order to reach out to new prospects and measure the success of my messaging, see open rates, see when my messages are being viewed, etc.,Tracks open rates Gmail integration to help see who is opening what, when Running campaigns and syncing those contact points into Salesforce,Links will randomly stop working in sent emails. [It's a] Bug that has constantly re-appeared. Calling with ToutApp is pretty useless when it comes to integration and doesn't show a phone call being done in Salesforce Doesn't pull a signature from Gmail - so I have to update within ToutApp itself every time.,8,More initial meetings set Save at least 2 hours a day from typing Increased open/response rates,Outreach,Salesforce App Cloud, ZoomInfo, Tableau OnlineGenerate More Referrals And New Customers By Improving Your Online Reputation.Managing people effectively in extension programmes is a skill that requires constant planning and development. An extension program can enable the manager to devise strategies, make decisions, and implement action in sales. Email management is concerned with the optimum attainment of organizational goals and objectives with and through other people. However, all sales professionals of organizations face the same challenge: to manage one's time, objectives, and resources in order to accomplish tasks and implement ideas. Tout was used across the whole sales organization. ToutApp Works for You at Every Stage of the Sales Cycle. Our growth numbers since using ToutApp went from $0 to $10 million in the pipeline. And so in terms of measuring productivity gains, it’s huge.,Fully integrated into Gmail, Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, Salesforce and other major CRMs. Upload best performing sales messaging, sales enablement collateral and marketing assets into a shared sales playbook. Drive Consistency & Productivity. Deploy a streamlined sales playbook so your Sales reps exceed quota and close more deals. Increase Your Pipeline. Predictably build more pipeline, whether you’re selling to SMB or Fortune 500.,Wow.... well, it can be very difficult to navigate and you can only email a limited # of recipients at a time, which means you have to do your blast in batches. It also is very clunky. I spend more time trying to figure out how to use the tool than I do seeing any measurable results. Really dig into the level of support your users will receive, and ask about where the product is headed. Also, ask for a sandbox and have a variety of field users experience the software and give feedback. I dislike the analytics and the overall "clunkiness" of the UI/UX. Both seem to be very glitchy at times and within the analytics, it does not get very customizable. You can only see up to a specific level.,8,The Feed approach that Tout favors is useful because I can instantly see when someone I sent an email back a month ago is accessing it again. It can appear that I have ESP that way. I can “just happen” to be thinking of them when they just accessed my email .Tout itself has a couple of bugs- first, not having access to data that it’s collecting is kind of a drag. You have to look at individual emails to see what people are doing.,Outreach and Demandforce,Salesforce Analytics Cloud, Microsoft Dynamics Marketing, Outreach, SalesHood, Facebook for Business, MINDBODYWorth paying for it myselfToutapp is currently used by a handful of salespeople within our company. It is not the "official" prospecting tool, but a few of us purchase it on our own. From a business perspective, Tout allows me to gather contact information and organize it within Toutapp, then I'm able to automate outreach efforts as well as see analytics on which efforts are working and which are not.,Allows automated emails to show up as a connected thread in the prospect's inbox Niko browser add on makes gathering contact info easy Ability to list and group contacts helps keep your messaging relevant,Toutapp doesn't currently sync with Microsoft Dynamics, this is the number one reason we didn't adopt the program as a department Due to not syncing with Microsoft Dynamics, contact info is stuck in a silo and is difficult to move from Toutapp to the CRM,8,Toutapp helped me schedule demos with prospects that I might have given up on otherwise I'm able to raise awareness of our program to a much broader set of prospective customers than I could reaching out one at a time,Yesware and InsideSales.com Predictive Playbooks,Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Act-On SoftwareGreat tool for small inside sales and marketing teamsToutApp is currently only being used by our inside sales team though I think it could be expanded to the larger team. Currently it is being used to create automated email campaigns, schedule emails, and used for its "local presence" calling feature. We are working to integrate it into Marketo so that it can provide more context into our marketing.,Automated email campaigns sent at certain times that stop when someone replies. Local presence calling works well. SFDC integration showing "read, clicked, replied" is super valuable to see if your emails are actually reaching your targets.,They could improve their actual dashboard as it is clunky and formatting is often messed up. Their ToutApp SFDC portal sometimes is messy because of the same formatting issues. Only had two! It does everything else well.,10,ToutApp has resulted in more overall opportunities for our business. It has allowed us to get more emails out to prospects (sales is a numbers game).,Cirrus Insight,ZoomInfo, WebEx Meetings, Cirrus Insight, DiscoverOrg
ToutApp

ToutApp Reviews

ToutApp
Filter 37 vetted ToutApp reviews and ratings
October 29, 2018

User Review: "ToutApp leaves much to be desired"

• ToutApp puts all of your email engagement in one interface, making it easy to access your book of work.
  • ToutApp gives you the ability to see real-time email engagement from your prospects.
  • ToutApp syncs with your Salesforce account to track all of your outreach in your CRM.
  • Reporting is clunky and challenging to use at times. They were recently purchased by Marketo, so I'm hopeful that Marketo will be able to address some of these concerns.
  • The ToutApp interface is not the most intuitive and does not provide a deeper understanding/analysis of the data.
  • The ToutApp integration with Outlook has created intermittent problems in usability/access.
ToutApp is ideally suited for an Individual Contributor role that is looking for added control over their sales engagement processes. In my experience, there are better tools on the market that more seamlessly/easily give sales rep control over their book of business.
August 05, 2018

ToutApp Review: "Does a lot, but even the small features make it worth it"

• Tracks open rates
  • Gmail integration to help see who is opening what, when
  • Running campaigns and syncing those contact points into Salesforce
  • Links will randomly stop working in sent emails. [It's a] Bug that has constantly re-appeared.
  • Calling with ToutApp is pretty useless when it comes to integration and doesn't show a phone call being done in Salesforce
  • Doesn't pull a signature from Gmail - so I have to update within ToutApp itself every time.
Very effective for sales positions or any position where it would be useful to save time in typing up emails. Very good for tracking emails and campaigns. I wouldn't consider it useful in situations where very few emails are being sent - or you are planning to have very tailored emails every single time.
Erika Conners profile photo
May 28, 2018

ToutApp: "Generate More Referrals And New Customers By Improving Your Online Reputation."

• Managing people effectively in extension programmes is a skill that requires constant planning and development. An extension program can enable the manager to devise strategies, make decisions, and implement action in sales. Email management is concerned with the optimum attainment of organizational goals and objectives with and through other people. However, all sales professionals of organizations face the same challenge: to manage one's time, objectives, and resources in order to accomplish tasks and implement ideas. Tout was used across the whole sales organization. ToutApp Works for You at Every Stage of the Sales Cycle. Our growth numbers since using ToutApp went from $0 to $10 million in the pipeline. And so in terms of measuring productivity gains, it’s huge.
  • Fully integrated into Gmail, Outlook, Microsoft Exchange, Salesforce and other major CRMs.
  • Upload best performing sales messaging, sales enablement collateral and marketing assets into a shared sales playbook.
  • Drive Consistency & Productivity.
  • Deploy a streamlined sales playbook so your Sales reps exceed quota and close more deals.
  • Increase Your Pipeline.
  • Predictably build more pipeline, whether you’re selling to SMB or Fortune 500.
  • Wow.... well, it can be very difficult to navigate and you can only email a limited # of recipients at a time, which means you have to do your blast in batches. It also is very clunky. I spend more time trying to figure out how to use the tool than I do seeing any measurable results.
  • Really dig into the level of support your users will receive, and ask about where the product is headed. Also, ask for a sandbox and have a variety of field users experience the software and give feedback.
  • I dislike the analytics and the overall "clunkiness" of the UI/UX. Both seem to be very glitchy at times and within the analytics, it does not get very customizable. You can only see up to a specific level.
We are solving our small sales team problem. I am the only SDR in the company and Tout helps me manage, send and follow up with many of my leads automatically. Tout is more focused on “success or failure” of emails than Yesware is. They are going in different directions – as you can see that they’ll probably have some features from one another.
Read Erika Conners's full review
Layne Latham profile photo
February 28, 2018

ToutApp Review: "Worth paying for it myself"

• Allows automated emails to show up as a connected thread in the prospect's inbox
  • Niko browser add on makes gathering contact info easy
  • Ability to list and group contacts helps keep your messaging relevant
  • Toutapp doesn't currently sync with Microsoft Dynamics, this is the number one reason we didn't adopt the program as a department
  • Due to not syncing with Microsoft Dynamics, contact info is stuck in a silo and is difficult to move from Toutapp to the CRM
I've used toutapp heavily to send out automated invitations and follow up reminders for webcasts we host. The tool has helped me win the last three sign up contests.

It's also really helpful as a dialer.
Read Layne Latham's full review
February 15, 2018

ToutApp Review: "Great tool for small inside sales and marketing teams"

• Automated email campaigns sent at certain times that stop when someone replies.
  • Local presence calling works well.
  • SFDC integration showing "read, clicked, replied" is super valuable to see if your emails are actually reaching your targets.
  • They could improve their actual dashboard as it is clunky and formatting is often messed up.
  • Their ToutApp SFDC portal sometimes is messy because of the same formatting issues.
  • Only had two! It does everything else well.
ToutApp is excellent for a smaller team that is trying to look/act like a team that is much larger. Using ToutApp you can send FAR more emails than just sending individual emails or SFDC/Marketo campaigns. You will get in contact with more prospects this way that you would without Toutapp.
Sam Dahl profile photo
October 03, 2017

ToutApp Review: "Nice to have. Not sure if it moves the needle."

ToutApp is an app for your email. It's good for sending out email campaigns. It has several different features. You can schedule emails to go out at certain times. You can see if your prospects have opened your emails. There are several other things as well. It's pretty useful. I'm not sure it really moves the needle much but it is nice to have. All our sales teams use ToutApp.
  • I really like the calendar function. It connects with my Gmail calendar. ToutApp makes it really easy to insert times into my email when I'm trying to set up an appointment with a client or prospect.
  • I like being able to schedule my emails to go out at specific days and times.
  • Sometimes it's nice to be able to see if my client opened my email. If they didn't, it let's me know they may be out of the office or the email address might be wrong.
  • I don't really like their template feature. I prefer something like aText or Auto Text Expander.
The calendar feature is nice and scheduling an email is nice. Sometimes it's helpful to be able to see if your clients are reading your emails.
Read Sam Dahl's full review
Trevor Derrett profile photo
September 07, 2017

ToutApp Review: "Awesome Product, Fantastic and Timely Service"

We use ToutApp throughout our sales departments. It helps speed up the sales cycle by identifying which prospects/customers are viewing our emails.
  • Easily integrates into Outlook and Salesforce
  • Very user-friendly
  • Real time tracking
  • Sometimes formatting in ToutApp doesn't translate perfectly into Outlook.
  • The location where emails are opened is deceptive because it doesn't reflect the actual location of the individual.
ToutApp is well suited in a sales environment where it's important to understand how engaged a prospect is.
Read Trevor Derrett's full review
September 08, 2017

Review: "ToutApp helps to establish priorities in SDR efforts"

Our sales team uses toutapp to track emails either with or without using a template. This helps up to verify recipients are opening our emails and if they have clicked on the links provided, as well as the number of replies we received. Using the templates and sharing with other team members is a nice feature.
  • Tracking the analytics of emails sent, how many people, how many views, replies and clicks
  • Creating templates to use sorted by category which sync with outlook for ease of use
  • Command center that shows a drop down of each email sent sorted by date and time
  • Live feed to see who is opening the email, from device type to location and across how many devices
  • Setting up a campaign seemed fairly simple, importing contacts from disc.org to SalesForce and from SalesForce to a group in toutapp. Setting up each day with whichever tasks ie: Day 1 send email (template selected) day 2 call, send email 2 Day 3 Send LinkedIn invite Day 4 call and email. There is an area to select send manually or automatically. I selected manually, I will decide when to send. Something went wrong and I sent three emails to 30 contacts within minutes of each other totaling 90 emails.
  • Toutapp has a failure a few times a week and it is discouraging to not be able to count on the analytics.
  • Toutapp analytics count multiple replies from the same original email (conversations back and forth) it would be nice to have a tracking system for unique replies.
  • Unable to track who the email was forwarded to or if it was forwarded to, only that it was opened from several devices at several locations.
September 07, 2017

User Review: "ToutApp: you get what you pay for...."

We use it to send email cadences to prospects. We write industry specific pitches with several follow up emails and have them go out on a schedule a few days apart.
  • easy to change templates
  • the price point is attractive and they will sell you one license unlike SalesLoft
  • Fairly intuitive
  • Frequently has outages and does not always track emails
  • Service is via email and is on west coast time so If I have an issue at 9.30 AM in NYC it will not get fixed
  • Edit button is hidden behind non subscribe
Good if you are on a budget but there are more robust and reliable tools out there
July 07, 2017

ToutApp Review: "Great SFDC activity tracking tool!"

ToutApp is being used by the marketing and sales teams, to close the final mile between marketing qualified leads to sales qualified leads.
  • Easily tracking activities in MSOffice to Salesforce.
  • Customization of templates for cold or follow-up emails.
  • Reporting on use of templates.
  • Click-through rate reporting being global for all level of users.
  • Workstreams need to be clearly defined before you implement - it's really flexible... almost too flexible as a result.
  • Ideal for small companies, medium to enterprise, it might be too limiting because of its open format.
[It's well suited for] sales reporting, and marketing collateral reporting. Extremely well suited for tracking activities done in MS Office to Salesforce.
David Jackson profile photo
August 30, 2016

ToutApp Review: "Riddled With Bugs and Difficult To Use."

Our sales team TRIES to use it to send automated emails.
  • Tout does nothing well.
  • Room improvement? They can start by scrapping the app and starting from scratch. ToutApp is by far the worst app I've ever used. It's riddled with bugs and constantly breaks, and the UI / UX is horrible. Avoid at all costs.
  • I've spent dozens of hours on the phone with Toutapp support trying to get their app to work. The list of bugs is too long to list here, but here are a few...1) the app will fail to send emails 2) The review screen doesn't properly display making it impossible to review emails prior to sending them 3) Pagination is broken in several places 4) The app won't fully load often times....it gets stuck in the loading state and never resolves. 5) Team mgmt is a nightmare 6) Etc.
ToutApp is well suited for sales reps who like to spend their time yelling at their computer screen, and / or on the phone with Tout's support department. It's not at all appropriate for reps that are looking for a sales automation tool that actually works.
Read David Jackson's full review
Josh Studzinski profile photo
January 20, 2016

Review: "ToutApp is great for small sales teams on a small budget"

I used and oversaw the usage of ToutApp in my previous job. We used it to help with our outbound sales with our business development reps to email leads, follow up, and close deals. It was a great way to manage the whole outbound sales cycle for our company. It was also very helpful because we had a very lengthy sales cycle that would last sometimes between 9-12 months.
  • Saves me time
  • Helps me oversee my teams
  • Keeps track of all leads and prospects
  • Not very good reporting
  • Not a good mobile experience
  • Not as robust as HubSpot
For a smaller company or someone who wants to focus exclusively on sales, ToutApp would be a good option. It has a lot of the features you need to create a successful sales team. Follow up is key when it comes to sales and ToutApp helps you stay on top of all of the leads and prospects.
Read Josh Studzinski's full review

ToutApp Scorecard Summary

About ToutApp

ToutApp is a sales email tracking tool that includes tracking, templates, click-to-call, and analytics. Tout also includes a Calendar to streamline bookings. The vendor says it aims to be the "swiss-army knife" for sales development reps, account executives, sales ops, sales managers, marketing teams, and customer success teams.
According to the vendor, the Tout template library is used as a content repository by their bigger customers, who use it to upload Powerpoints, case studies, etc. On average, these companies have 1,000 items stored in the library. The recommended templates feature allows users to map templates in the library to specific parts of the sales process, based on meta-data about the prospect. There are capabilities for managers to control who can share/create templates based on roles. In addition, Tout integrates with Box, so content in the user's cloud storage files can also be attached to emails.