Reviews (1-8 of 8)
October 24, 2019
I've recently begun using WeTransfer more regular to send files to clients, because it's easier to use than Dropbox and Box, in my opinion. While I've used WeTransfer off and on for many years, it's slowly becoming my de facto method for file transfers. It's quick, easy, uncluttered and uncomplicated.
Read Rob Gokee's full review
I'm transferring audio files to clients on a daily basis, and I need a way to do that quickly and efficiently. WeTransfer fits both those criteria - their emails are timely, they send me notifications when files have been downloaded at the client end, and the file size is great for even free users.
July 29, 2019
Our production team uses WeTransfer (Pro membership) on a daily basis to send project files and drafts between our team and to deliver files to clients. It enables us to send much larger files than email and is more efficient than using a cloud service.
- Transferring large files.
- Auto expiring links after a set amount of time.
- Allows branded backgrounds to keep branding cohesive.
- Possibly a higher paid tier for even larger files.
- More video integration for branding.
- Better, more customizable "message" area.
Read Michael Anderson's full review
WeTransfer is great for sending files too large for email without having to hassle with Dropbox or another cloud service.
November 20, 2019
I use it to transfer photos to clients as part of my photo editing service. I need to be able to receive and send photos easily.
- You don't have to sign up for an account, you can just use it when visiting the website.
- It is really simple and straightforward to use.
- It has never failed me.
- It tells you when your files have been successfully sent and when the other person downloaded it.
- There is nothing I'm missing. I'm using the free version and it's working great for me at this stage.
Read this authenticated review
WeTransfer is well suited when you have multiple photos you want to share with someone, i.e. a photographer, photo editor or freelancer may benefit.
August 11, 2019
Score 5 out of 10
We have to send very large files, which are usually high-resolution images of artworks that we sell. This is the lifeblood of our business. We prefer Dropbox, but many others we work with prefer WeTransfer. It seems to be most helpful when dealing with a large company that has a firewall and will not allow users inside the firewall to download and install software like Dropbox.
- Beautiful interface.
- Useful for those inside firewalls.
- Generally very speedy.
- I deeply dislike that I don't know where WeTransfer puts my files after they are downloaded, especially from computer to computer, since those settings are usually different.
Read this authenticated review
WeTransfer is super great for users behind a firewall. But we prefer using Dropbox because we know where our files are at all times, across all devices. Otherwise, WeTransfer is very easy to use and I especially like that the loading screens are frequently different or beautiful or entertaining instead of bland.
January 14, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use WeTransfer for sharing files and assets with clients, vendors and 3rd parties. It's valuable for sharing outside our corporate shared drive, accessing from remote offices, and especially for download and sharing large files.
- Sharing large files
- Accessing files remotely
- Sharing files remotely
- Sharing with those who do not have access to our shared drive (clients, vendors, 3rd parties)
- File limit for the free transfer version sometimes is not enough
- Chrome can be a bit wonky uploading - sometimes it takes more than once to complete
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
WeTransfer works well for sharing outside of a shared drive, and especially for large file sizes. The biggest challenge is that there are other options for file sharing and our clients and vendors use many different ones - it would be great if we could adopt just one.
December 17, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
I used WeTransfer frequently at my former place of employment, and I use it somewhat consistently with my business. WeTransfer is a good option for file transfer.
- WeTransfer makes it pretty easy to upload files. You cannot create file/folder structures inside of it, but you can .zip files to send.
- WeTransfer creates and provides share links, which can be dropped into emails for multiple users at once.
- Paid version allows you to customize more parts of the software.
- With the free version, you are limited to 2GB of file transferring. Likely if you are sending lots of files, you'll be upgrading to Plus instead.
- Download links expire after a certain amount of time. It's important to download each link immediately and not forget where you left the downloaded files.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
WeTransfer is very helpful for file transfer and I recommend using it if you find yourself sending files frequently. Depending on the size of your business and how timely/often you send files, you might consider the Plus plan over free.
July 12, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
WeTransfer is used across the whole organization for various purposes - in AR we use it to send large invoice files, in sales they use it to send pitches and contracts, and our IT department uses it to send various technical reports with large amounts of data. WeTransfer is extremely useful due to the attachment size limit in Outlook. Even if IT lifts the restriction for outgoing messages, there is no guarantee that the recipient will be able to receive a large file via email. WeTransfer eliminates this problem entirely.
- WeTransfer is very fast for uploading & downloading.
- WeTransfer allows you to see if the document was opened by the recipient & how many times.
- WeTransfer allows you to password protect documents.
- WeTransfer is extremely secure & safe to use.
- The file size limit is 2GB unless you get the premium account.
- Files are deleted after 7 days unless you have a premium account.
- Large file uploads may fail unless you have a very strong internet connection.
Read Aubrey Dixon's full review
I would definitely recommend WeTransfer - especially the paid version. I feel like all of the shortcomings with the free service (file size limit & content deletion after 7 days) are all fixed when you upgrade your account, and the service is not very expensive. It only costs $12/monthly or $120/annually. WeTransfer makes it so easy to send files, and the additional features such as creating a link to your content & password protection are great. Very straightforward & easy to use.
July 14, 2018
With my business VGSoundtrackGuy Music, I hire musicians to do help me with various projects. And most of the time, the files I send them are over 1GB. Enter WeTransfer! WeTransfer's free service allows you to send up to 2GB of files to up to 20 email addresses. They also allow you to set a password to the download for protection as well as a download expiration/delete date. This is great as using regular GMail or Yahoo mail isn't as secure.
- Allowance for files up to 2GB. This is unique as I don't know of many free temporary file hosters that allow more than 1GB.
- No registration. I can upload, add my recipient emails and send! No lengthy registration or wait for moderation account approval. Just upload and send!
- It's $0.00! Free! There is a Paid version but the Free 2GB version is just fine for our needs!
- We wish the Password and Expiration date features were NOT exclusive to the Paid version of WeTransfer.
Read Daryl Wise Jr.'s full review
Yahoo, Gmail and etc. aren't so friendly with 1GB+ files. So WeTransfer is a life saver when I need to send big files quickly and for free!
WeTransfer Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
WeTransfer in the Netherlands offers a large file transfer service which includes up to 20 GB transfer with its Pro service, as well as 100 GB of cloud storage.
Categories: Cloud Storage
WeTransfer Technical Details