WeTransfer in the Netherlands offers a large file transfer service which includes up to 20 GB transfer with its Pro service, as well as 100 GB of cloud storage.WeTransfer is the best way to send filesOur production team uses WeTransfer (Pro membership) on a daily basis to send project files and drafts between our team and to deliver files to clients. It enables us to send much larger files than email and is more efficient than using a cloud service.,Transferring large files. Auto expiring links after a set amount of time. Allows branded backgrounds to keep branding cohesive.,Possibly a higher paid tier for even larger files. More video integration for branding. Better, more customizable "message" area.,10,It has saved a lot of time in file transfer. The paid pro version has even more so saved us time with larger file sending. It's replaced several separate solutions to now just have one.,OpenText Hightail and Google Drive,FileZilla, Vimeo Pro,9,10Dropbox vs. WeTransferWe have to send very large files, which are usually high-resolution images of artworks that we sell. This is the lifeblood of our business. We prefer Dropbox, but many others we work with prefer WeTransfer. It seems to be most helpful when dealing with a large company that has a firewall and will not allow users inside the firewall to download and install software like Dropbox.,Beautiful interface. Useful for those inside firewalls. Generally very speedy.,I deeply dislike that I don't know where WeTransfer puts my files after they are downloaded, especially from computer to computer, since those settings are usually different.,5,It's neutral. Image sharing is a key factor for our business, and WeTransfer works in this capacity just as well as the other solution we use, Dropbox.,6,5,Dropbox,Adobe Acrobat DC, Smartsheet, Relay, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe PhotoshopWeTransfer is our favorite for remote work and sharing files - without it our work is more challengingWe use WeTransfer for sharing files and assets with clients, vendors and 3rd parties. It's valuable for sharing outside our corporate shared drive, accessing from remote offices, and especially for download and sharing large files.,Sharing large files Accessing files remotely Sharing files remotely Sharing with those who do not have access to our shared drive (clients, vendors, 3rd parties),File limit for the free transfer version sometimes is not enough Chrome can be a bit wonky uploading - sometimes it takes more than once to complete,9,Without WeTransfer, or a similar software, sometimes we would not be able to get our work done. We rely on sharing files with vendors, clients and 3rd parties Without WeTransfer or a similar software, working remotely would be more challenging,Dropbox Business and WebDAM,Trello, eFileCabinet, Dropbox Business,9,8Review: WeTransferI used WeTransfer frequently at my former place of employment, and I use it somewhat consistently with my business. WeTransfer is a good option for file transfer.,WeTransfer makes it pretty easy to upload files. You cannot create file/folder structures inside of it, but you can .zip files to send. WeTransfer creates and provides share links, which can be dropped into emails for multiple users at once. Paid version allows you to customize more parts of the software.,With the free version, you are limited to 2GB of file transferring. Likely if you are sending lots of files, you'll be upgrading to Plus instead. Download links expire after a certain amount of time. It's important to download each link immediately and not forget where you left the downloaded files.,8,I haven't paid for this software personally, so I'm not sure, but $12/month is very reasonable if you are constantly sharing files. WeTransfer is fairly professional, so in my opinion, links sent to clients look more professional than using a link from Google Drive or Dropbox.,Dropbox and Google DriveWeTransfer Delivers!WeTransfer is used across the whole organization for various purposes - in AR we use it to send large invoice files, in sales they use it to send pitches and contracts, and our IT department uses it to send various technical reports with large amounts of data. WeTransfer is extremely useful due to the attachment size limit in Outlook. Even if IT lifts the restriction for outgoing messages, there is no guarantee that the recipient will be able to receive a large file via email. WeTransfer eliminates this problem entirely.,WeTransfer is very fast for uploading & downloading. WeTransfer allows you to see if the document was opened by the recipient & how many times. WeTransfer allows you to password protect documents. WeTransfer is extremely secure & safe to use.,The file size limit is 2GB unless you get the premium account. Files are deleted after 7 days unless you have a premium account. Large file uploads may fail unless you have a very strong internet connection.,9,WeTransfer has helped us keep our DSO down by being able to provide invoice copies to our customers immediately. Most of these files are too large for Outlook, so we either need to use a file transfer service or send via postal mail. WeTransfer is obviously the quicker & more efficient option.,Dropbox,ZoomInfo, Vantiv, Salesforce Community Cloud,No,Price Product Features Product Usability,I feel that we did an adequate amount of research & stand by our decision. Would not do anything different.,Uploading files to share Creating a URL to lead to the documents you wish to share Password protecting a document,uploading an extremely large file,10Send Files Quick and Easy with WeTransfer!With my business VGSoundtrackGuy Music, I hire musicians to do help me with various projects. And most of the time, the files I send them are over 1GB. Enter WeTransfer! WeTransfer's free service allows you to send up to 2GB of files to up to 20 email addresses. They also allow you to set a password to the download for protection as well as a download expiration/delete date. This is great as using regular GMail or Yahoo mail isn't as secure.,Allowance for files up to 2GB. This is unique as I don't know of many free temporary file hosters that allow more than 1GB. No registration. I can upload, add my recipient emails and send! No lengthy registration or wait for moderation account approval. Just upload and send! It's $0.00! Free! There is a Paid version but the Free 2GB version is just fine for our needs!,We wish the Password and Expiration date features were NOT exclusive to the Paid version of WeTransfer.,10,When we've had our BETA testing programs for our products, we always used WeTransfer to send our BETA version of our products. Doing this using WeTransfer was free and we also didn't have to worry about unauthorized people later down the road downloading these versions as WeTransfer deletes the files after a small number of days.,MediaFire, MEGA and Dropbox,MediaFire, Dropbox, MEGA
WeTransfer

WeTransfer Reviews

WeTransfer

Filter 11 vetted WeTransfer reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Michael Anderson profile photo
July 29, 2019

WeTransfer is the best way to send files

• Transferring large files.
  • Auto expiring links after a set amount of time.
  • Allows branded backgrounds to keep branding cohesive.
  • Possibly a higher paid tier for even larger files.
  • More video integration for branding.
  • Better, more customizable "message" area.
WeTransfer is great for sending files too large for email without having to hassle with Dropbox or another cloud service.
Read Michael Anderson's full review
August 11, 2019

Dropbox vs. WeTransfer

• Beautiful interface.
  • Useful for those inside firewalls.
  • Generally very speedy.
  • I deeply dislike that I don't know where WeTransfer puts my files after they are downloaded, especially from computer to computer, since those settings are usually different.
WeTransfer is super great for users behind a firewall. But we prefer using Dropbox because we know where our files are at all times, across all devices. Otherwise, WeTransfer is very easy to use and I especially like that the loading screens are frequently different or beautiful or entertaining instead of bland.
Ann M. Frank profile photo
January 14, 2019

• Sharing large files
  • Accessing files remotely
  • Sharing files remotely
  • Sharing with those who do not have access to our shared drive (clients, vendors, 3rd parties)
  • File limit for the free transfer version sometimes is not enough
  • Chrome can be a bit wonky uploading - sometimes it takes more than once to complete
WeTransfer works well for sharing outside of a shared drive, and especially for large file sizes. The biggest challenge is that there are other options for file sharing and our clients and vendors use many different ones - it would be great if we could adopt just one.
Read Ann M. Frank's full review
Chris Hecox profile photo
December 17, 2018

Review: WeTransfer

• WeTransfer makes it pretty easy to upload files. You cannot create file/folder structures inside of it, but you can .zip files to send.
  • WeTransfer creates and provides share links, which can be dropped into emails for multiple users at once.
  • Paid version allows you to customize more parts of the software.
  • With the free version, you are limited to 2GB of file transferring. Likely if you are sending lots of files, you'll be upgrading to Plus instead.
  • Download links expire after a certain amount of time. It's important to download each link immediately and not forget where you left the downloaded files.
WeTransfer is very helpful for file transfer and I recommend using it if you find yourself sending files frequently. Depending on the size of your business and how timely/often you send files, you might consider the Plus plan over free.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Aubrey Dixon profile photo
July 12, 2018

WeTransfer Delivers!

• WeTransfer is very fast for uploading & downloading.
  • WeTransfer allows you to see if the document was opened by the recipient & how many times.
  • WeTransfer allows you to password protect documents.
  • WeTransfer is extremely secure & safe to use.
  • The file size limit is 2GB unless you get the premium account.
  • Files are deleted after 7 days unless you have a premium account.
  • Large file uploads may fail unless you have a very strong internet connection.
I would definitely recommend WeTransfer - especially the paid version. I feel like all of the shortcomings with the free service (file size limit & content deletion after 7 days) are all fixed when you upgrade your account, and the service is not very expensive. It only costs $12/monthly or $120/annually. WeTransfer makes it so easy to send files, and the additional features such as creating a link to your content & password protection are great. Very straightforward & easy to use.
Read Aubrey Dixon's full review
Daryl Wise Jr. profile photo
July 14, 2018

Send Files Quick and Easy with WeTransfer!

• Allowance for files up to 2GB. This is unique as I don't know of many free temporary file hosters that allow more than 1GB.
  • No registration. I can upload, add my recipient emails and send! No lengthy registration or wait for moderation account approval. Just upload and send!
  • It's $0.00! Free! There is a Paid version but the Free 2GB version is just fine for our needs!
  • We wish the Password and Expiration date features were NOT exclusive to the Paid version of WeTransfer.
Yahoo, Gmail and etc. aren't so friendly with 1GB+ files. So WeTransfer is a life saver when I need to send big files quickly and for free!
Read Daryl Wise Jr.'s full review

10.0
Access control (4)
File search (2)
Device sync (1)
User and role management (1)
File organization (3)