Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
MIP Fund Accounting is our general ledger system. We use it across the organization to manage between 35 and 50 Funds. The software allows us to report on and track spend for our donors, as well as aggregate our Foundation spend which is then allocated across the Funds. We have clear visibility into our spend by project and are able to easily report on it.
- Overhead Allocations - the Allocation module automates this time consuming and somewhat difficult task. We used to calculate overhead allocations in Excel. However MIP makes it as simple as pushing a button.
- MIP integrates very well with other systems, allowing us to streamline the number of places we have to log in to in managing our business.
- We've not been able to implement the AR module very easily, wish things like form designer were easier.
- The reporting is somewhat basic so we had to purchase another system in order to get good dashboarding.
- We transitioned from Quickbooks so there was an immediate win. Quickbooks is a good program but not suited for a growing company like ours.
Yes we are able to manage multiple funds from several sources in all sorts of scenarios.