MIP Fund Accounting Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2021

June 04, 2021
Jan Warren | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use all general ledger functions, AP, and grants management. It is used by fiscal department only, with view rights by CEO.
  • Versatile and flexible reporting
  • Ability to track and report by segment
  • AP integrates well with GL
  • It's not clear to a new user the sequence of AP (reports to be run) We created an internal checklist.
  • We have recently had issues with allocation calculations picking up prior month transactions that have already been processed, causing inaccurate calculation.
  • For voided checks, I would like to see an option to void and not reissue. (due to wrong vendor or entry error) We don't do this very often, but the only way I've found to eliminate the void is with an AP credit.
We have a fairly complex cost allocation process and MIP Fund Accounting works well to reduce the staff time needed. The ability to create customized reports is a big plus, especially for board requests and detailed reports by fund or grant or division.
I am really happy with the user webinars offered, also with support when we have a problem. I feel like the training offered is top notch.
It works well for what we do. We have developed internal checklists for most functions, to ensure we don't miss creating an essential unposted transaction report.
Read Jan Warren's full review
March 12, 2021
Cori May | TrustRadius Reviewer
MIP Fund Accounting is the sole accounting system utilized for our organization. We use it to track the funding sources for our whole organization. The Accounts Payable, Budgeting, and Payroll modules were purchased from the prior management when starting with MIP Fund Accounting. We recently purchased the Accounts Receivable module, but have not yet implemented it.
  • It gives a true picture of where you are at a given point in time.
  • It's relatively user friendly - when you know what to do.
  • There seem to be some glitches in the HR module "talking" to the Financial Module. This makes it difficult to effectively process payroll sometimes.
  • We've not had good luck with [the] training. The finance department had great turnover a little over a year ago. When we became fully staffed again and tried to set up training, COVID hit. We attempted to set up virtual training, but it was very impersonal, and we were "fit in" where they could get us. We're getting by and discover some things on our own, but it's been very discouraging.
  • When we call the service desk, sometimes (depending on who you get) we're made to feel like we're very incompetent. Processes aren't fully explained. I've been told on several occasions, "I don't know why it did 'this or that,' but it's fixed now." It would be nice to know the "why" of an error so I can explain it to other staff, so it doesn't happen again.
I honestly believe MIP Fund Accounting is a decent accounting program. I was familiar with it in a former job setting, where I was reviewing the records of sub-contractors who utilized the MIP system. It provided the information we needed, as well as it seemed very easy to use. Our subs who had MIP Fund Accounting and utilized it were very happy. When I left that position, the majority of our subs had switched over to MIP accounting. That spoke mountains to me. When I came on board at aging best, I was excited to learn they utilized MIP Fund Accounting. After being there a few months, I soon learned that MIP Fund Accounting wasn't utilized to its full capacity. I sought advice from former colleagues, as well as new colleagues who also utilized MIP Fund Accounting. Much to my dismay, they were only able to provide minimal assistance. The customer service we've received has been very disheartening, and the training has been spotty, at best. This is why I rank it at a 3.
The support we've received has been fair. Some are more knowledgeable than others, and we already have our "favorites" we want to talk to if we have an issue. The biggest challenge has been getting someone to fully commit to training all of our new staff (myself included). I truly believe if we had good training/support, our department could make MIP Fund Accounting shine for our organization. But, it feels like no one wants to invest the time in us - which is very discouraging.
MIP Fund Accounting has many distinct features, that if utilized correctly, can make it a powerhouse. There are some glitches within the software at times, and when given to MIP Fund Accounting, they have to "work it in" to a "fix". I know software enhancements take a bit of time, but most programs send out updates more than once or twice a year.
Read Cori May's full review
February 04, 2021
Tim Warren | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MIP in our accounting department, for budgeting, purchase orders, accounts payable, and cash receipts. It allows us to effectively track our monthly expenses through the customizable reports we are able to generate. There are also features in MIP that have helped us strengthen our audit compliance.
  • MIP offers a lot of free training webinars that are always informative and interesting.
  • The custom column creation helps to creative very specific report details.
  • There are some great features that are only available on the cloud and it would be great if in house users had those features.
Like with any new software, there is a learning curve for new users, but the resources available make it so easy to gain a working knowledge of the system and its abilities. The ability to do reversals to entries appending the correction to the original transaction instead of having an unrelated journal voucher to correct an issue, is such a great feature and the knowledge of this ability has helped us reduce the number of JVs we do.
The knowledge base has so many helpful articles (I even found one about why I couldn't access a report feature and it was due to it being on my secondary monitor). A great deal of information is available to look for answers for yourself. They do have a live support staff too that are always friendly and knowledgeable. Any issues I have ever encountered they were able to easily help resolve.
It is a pretty easy software to learn and retain the knowledge of how to use. We are a work program school, and as such have student workers that we train each semester and the students are able to quickly learn to use the system. Even with several months of not using the software the students are able to pick it back up quickly with little to no refreshers.
Read Tim Warren's full review
May 27, 2021
Michael Spofford | TrustRadius Reviewer
At this time, MIP Fund Accounting is being used by the accounting department but in the near future we will be adding time-sheets and HR module to our group of modules already owned. It has reports that are easily produced for other staff, and our Board Member Trustees. The steps for each process are user friendly.
  • Financial reports.
  • Payroll processing.
  • Accounts payables & receivables.
  • Would like to see budgeting module made easier.
  • Active or inactive vendors.
I believe that MIP Fund Accounting is a good product for non-profit corporations. I am a one person user and have the server and the workstation software on the same computer.
Because any problems that I have had, are usually fixed by your knowledgeable staff, or I have looked in the knowledge base to see if there was an article written or someone else had the same problem.
You do have to know a good knowledge of accounting and payroll processes to use MIP Fund Accounting.
Read Michael Spofford's full review
Lucy Cunningham | TrustRadius Reviewer
My ministry, City Gospel Mission, uses MIP Fund Accounting to efficiently enter all our donations and pay our bills. I truly appreciate that the basic look of MIP doesn't change even as upgrades are implemented. I'm an older user and it drives me crazy when technology upgrades but I can't figure out how to do it the "new and improved way." MIP has always been very user-friendly and has helped grow our ministry from a $2 million dollar organization when I first came on board to over an $8 million dollar budget today. In a previous position, I used Peachtree and feel MIP is better.
  • Very user-friendly.
  • Looks the same even when changes are implemented.
  • Reporting is easy.
Last year, City Gospel Mission had an outside, professional accounting consulting firm evaluate MIP and their conclusion was that it was working well for our ministry. It seems very well-suited for our non-profit world needs. I'm not sure how it would work for other industries.
Several years ago, I was filling in for our accountant while he took a 6 week sabbatical. MIP crashed and I couldn't get in at all but our outside IT tech consulted with MIP support and reinstalled everything within a day. I was so relieved!
Currently I'm only using the cash receipts, journal vouchers and managing sessions of MIP so I can't comment on other portions of the system, but I feel like MIP has been a solid work horse and we've had very few issues with anything. As I said in earlier answers, it is very user-friendly and I never worry that it's going to "look" different after an upgrade is implemented!
Read Lucy Cunningham's full review
Kelvin McAlister | TrustRadius Reviewer
MIP Fund Accounting is being used by the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Corporate Office and for all 10 Regions.

It allows us to use Fund Accounting to account for our revenues and expenses. It has assisted us in getting clean audit opinions over the last eight years.
  • It creates combined financial statements for the AKA Corporate Office and all 10 Regions.
  • It creates detailed general ledger reports very easily.
  • It allows information to be downloaded from other systems.
  • I currently do not have any problems with the design of the system.
MIP Fund Accounting is well suited for an environment where you have multiple funds to account for and multiple regions.

MIP Fund Accounting would be less appropriate in a For Profit environment.
I have experience with other non-profit accounting systems, and this is one of the best that I have used.
From the implementation stage to going live took place in a very short time. My staff and I have found the MIP Fund Accounting to be very user friendly.
Read Kelvin McAlister's full review
Cindy Lewis | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used for all of our payroll and accounting systems. Being a nonprofit that is federally and state funded, we must have a secure program that can track each grant separately. It was recommended by our auditors and several other Area Agencies use it as well.
  • Budgets.
  • Tracking grant expenses.
  • Payroll.
  • Benefits.
  • It needs an alert if a document or JE number has already been used.
If you don't need to track multiple funding sources or need audit security, QuickBooks may be fine. The initial setup is very time consuming. And you have to set up the reports if you add an account or program.
We have one consultant that we talk to and she is very knowledgeable. She can remote in and does her thing. We rarely have to use support.
Once it is set up, it is pretty user friendly. It does take some getting used to but then it works like clockwork.
Read Cindy Lewis's full review
March 31, 2021
Todd Grady | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MIP Fund Accounting across the entire company. We use it for general ledger, accounts payable, and payroll.
  • Account payable is good.
  • Changes to accounts and general ledge has to be done properly. Nothing can be deleted, so there is always a paper trail.
  • Reports can be created any way they are needed.
  • The reports are very complicated to create, maybe a wizard would help. I always take the default and just modify it to get what I need.
  • The partnership with Aatrix for the payroll taxes needs to be improved. The reports don't always update properly. You have to download manually. It just seems like an afterthought.
It is well suited for our small company. It is slightly complicated to set up, so it may not be suitable for a smaller company without a dedicated accounting staff.
Support has gotten better in the last five years or so. They actually will call you back now. There are however, long hold times to get though. The long hold times are a problem if you are in the middle of payroll and have issues, and have time restraints to get it processed.
It is less user friendly than something else like QuickBooks or PeachTree, but it is more of an enterprise software.
Read Todd Grady's full review
March 23, 2021
Kenna Shea | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Abila for Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation, Fixed Assets, Budget, Invoicing (AR), and reporting. Myself and one other are the primary users and our Executive Director is an intermittent user for contingency purposes (at one time she was the Accounting Manager). It does a good job with all the features we use. Good, but not great.
  • Reliability.
  • Doesn't change.
  • Support is great.
  • Font size is too small and not adjustable.
  • Organized poorly for ease of training. Try explaining the difference between Transactions and Activities to a new employee!
  • Inability to archive old records is a real problem for us. Why should we have to pay an outside entity?
  • Inability to fully remove inactive codes from the tables. Admins should be able to edit/remove codes on the tables.
The best thing about the system is also its weakness. It never changes and can't be changed or reconfigured or modified or improved.
Prompt friendly accurate assistance. Also taken for granted, probably.
It's not an easy system. The organization of menus and options makes very little sense, It's "clunky," but it is reliable and stable. It's like a good Ford that lasts beyond everybody's fancier cars with fancier features.
Read Kenna Shea's full review
February 26, 2021
Barbette Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our nonprofit uses MIP as our accounting system, to enter accounts payable, pay bills, keep track of all revenue, and balance the cash accounts. It gives us the ability to easily allocate expenses across programs, and to assign a grant to a particular program. This way it tracks revenue and expenses for several programs at once. We use the reports to help with monthly board reporting, and to look up historical data.
  • Allocating expenses according to a user created allocation table.
  • It will generate a report with any parameter you can specify.
  • Keeps track of vendor and donor balances.
  • Creates an audit trail of each transaction and any corrections
  • Customer support is difficult to access.
  • The drill-down feature is an improvement, but should be easier to use.
  • It is not easy to change users when there is staff turnover.
  • There is a steep learning curve for new users.
It may be better suited for large complex organizations. The training is too expensive for most small nonprofits. There is not enough support for a new user. But once you learn it, it is a very powerful accounting software.
I haven't had a problem with the software itself, but there is good support when you need to make a correction and get stuck knowing how to accomplish it.
For a new user, it is not evident how to begin to use the system. After a steep learning curve, it becomes more useful, but it takes training and experience.
Read Barbette Cooper's full review
February 18, 2021
Eva Kirsch | TrustRadius Reviewer
MIP is our main accounting software to generate financial statements. It is used by finance, but no program or payroll usage yet.
  • Report customization.
  • Data upload.
  • Data download.
  • Fund tracking.
  • Bank reconciliation screen does not show total of credits and debits for the month.
  • If previous months are not locked in bank reconciliation, my locking doesn't always work.
  • Bank reconciliation suspense allows to bypass real reconciliation.
Very robust data base allows proper fund accounting. Reports can be customized to easily see data. Journal entry shortcuts are effective.
The Abila Community Board works. I liked to be able to chat online with MIP rep once I had an urgent issue. The software is easy to use. The reports are reliable.
I gave this rating for ease of use.
Read Eva Kirsch's full review
February 08, 2021
Joe Jeruzal | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use MIP for our accounting needs--using entities, departments, funds, and programs.
It allows us to keep track of details for the various entities and elements within. We can track items down to the program level. We are able to define finance details for one part or the whole of the organization.
  • MIP divides our finances into numbers of dimensions--entities; funds; programs, g/l. These are more numerous options than others provide.
  • MIP offers a large variety of reports--meeting needs for the accounting department and management.
  • MIP warns of errors that prevent completion of tasks.
  • MIP could improve the way it accepts date inputs--some times it allows 2 digit dates; other times not.
  • MIP could show the related journal entries on both sides of the debit/credit ledger.
  • The reconciliation process could include session ID data--would be helpful when the need to identify details behind a transaction arises.
MIP offers a great range of dimensions for tracking data.
MIP NEEDS to provide subtotals while reconciling--it is not useful to only show an unbalanced reconciliation--matching to the bank statements would resolve a lot of problems.
The folks I have worked with have been knowledgeable, and patient. They have helped me resolve issues and problems related to making MIP work for me--not against. MIP is very complicated, likened to a surly adolescent--once you think you've got it figured out, there's an upset.
MIP requires more knowledge than one would first expect. The learning curve is sharp! While the support team is helpful, the phone line can be long. I don't find the chat line to be so helpful anymore. MIP is not intuitive--items are hidden away--there is not an easy stream of process unless you know the secrets. I try to write instructions that point me on to the right path, but that is time consuming--something "I'll get to later", but doesn't happen. Like a lot of things, there are hidden costs to MIP--not only do we pay a yearly fee, but then it costs to get importing templates created. Good thing we don't have to pay for support--oops; maybe gave you a bad idea.
Read Joe Jeruzal's full review
February 06, 2021
Suzanna Fleegal | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by the entire accounting department (which is only 2 people). We use it for most accounting purposes (other than payroll, financial transparency, and utility billing and payments).
  • Reports: Very detailed and customizable.
  • Journal entries: Easy to enter multiples.
  • Interface is hard to work with.
  • Many items are hard to find and there is no search function.
It is good for small local government applications but would be more difficult for larger operations.
I have had to call many times and it has always been helpful.
It is still a little clunky and requires some learning curve.
Read Suzanna Fleegal's full review
April 23, 2021
Richard Lai | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently it is being used by Fiscal Department only.
  • Bank reconciliation.
  • General ledger analysis.
  • Reporting.
  • Budgeting.
  • Custom reports.
It makes bank account reconciliation very simple and easy.

Budget flexibility is limited.
Customer services are good and prompt.
Very user friendly.
Read Richard Lai's full review
April 28, 2021
[MIP Fund Accounting] provides the books of record for our organization. We have developed our organization to have reporting for Departments, Programs, Grants, and tracking if gifts have restriction or not. It provides the necessary analysis tools for our Non-Profit Organization.
  • Bank Reconciliations
  • Financial Statement Flexibility
  • Memorized Transactions for consistency
  • Report development can be challenging
  • Ability to hide abandoned zero balance accounts from the COA
  • Better Budget vs. Actual reporting
With a knowledge base, I feel MIP [Fund Accounting] can be adapted to almost any industry. It's flexibility is amazing. You definitely need to work with a management partner who takes the time to understand your business and is willing to work with you to set up the most functional usage you can attain.
We over the course of 14 years of use found it necessary to change our fiscal year end. While not an easy process, our management partner found a MIP Specialist who assisted in this total revamp of the MIP operating set up. What could have been a major hurdle was accomplished with ease.
Logical design and ease of putting account based rules makes input easier. Balance sheet accounts are set up requiring only a GL number, while income statement accounts require an entire string for our organization to determine department, program, source reporting, and restriction codes. This permits the departments to drill down and analyze their profitability as part of the larger organization.
March 02, 2021
MIP Fund Accounting is currently being used by our Finance and Accounting department as our accounting software. We use it for our production department services as well. This software is used daily to record our transactions. All of our normal daily payments incoming and outgoing are entered.
  • Allocation feature is great. You can make changes to percentages and programs as needed.
  • The budgeting portion works great, and makes it simple the first time you set up your company's annual budgets.
  • The Financial Reporting is wonderful. You can save and automate reports, and it helps eliminate run time at month end.
  • Ease of deleting entries that are not needed.
  • It would be nice to have a way to update your reports once you enter a new calendar year. Most things require a manual run with date updates.
  • It would be nice to have a way to run a mock allocation to see it's effect, rather than running a real allocation, then deleting if it didn't achieve the proper result.
  • When new programs are added, it would be nice to have an option to change it one place and have it update to all areas. Now, you have to remember to add and include it once you add a new one.
Overall, MIP Fund Accounting is a good accounting software. There is ease in daily transactions, and it's easy to check over your departmental and program statements each month. Once you set up allocations, you can easily run and have them populate in their respective areas as %'s of the category that you need.
I haven't required much support, but when I initially did; there was helpful advice in the form of phone calls. I have done some of the training courses that were offered.
The software is easy to use. There is initial training, and various online courses you can do. Most of the functions are fairly easy to figure out and work through on your own. I am more hands on, so like diving into just looking at things myself. If you need support, it will be there.
June 12, 2021
MIP Fund Accounting is being used for bookkeeping purposes across our organization. It allows us to keep track of donations, grants, fundraising events, and take care of audits & other accounting purposes. It is used mainly by our accounting department, but reports are consistently sent to development, marketing, and on the executive level.
  • Donation Tracking Slips
  • Reports
  • It is difficult to make changes to past records/reconcile.
  • Not user friendly if you have quick employee turnaround.
I would recommend MIP Fund Accounting to small-medium organizations with experienced employees in using accounting software. For companies with new/younger staff, I would not recommend choosing MIP Fund Accounting. The software is not very user friendly/intuitive, but if used correctly, users can pull robust reports regarding specific funds or overall.
The team at MIP Fund Accounting was always there to support us through any problems.
We had difficulty pulling up to date balance sheets and our current financial position. The software was not always user friendly and it was frustrating for new employees to learn if not familiar.
April 28, 2021
MIP is our finance application. It ties in with our donor database, FR50. It is used for the entire organization for budgeting and reporting. It is working very well to support reporting for government grants, donor requirements, and board and leadership decision-making.
  • MIP does segments well. We can delineate between locations as well as programs to provide detailed reporting.
  • It is very simple to use and easy to learn.
  • We have alot of functionality with a small and simple chart of accounts.
  • For Canada, we would have loved to integrate a payroll module.
  • MIP does not calculate HST, so we have to do it manually.
  • MIP's report design function is not user-friendly for accountants.
I think MIP is ideally suited for a charity or NP of our size - less than 200 employees. The limitations I mentioned are not too bad for us, but would be for a bigger organization.
We are put on hold a lot, for a long time. My staff usually just give up and keep trying to figure out what we need. I've escalated my complaints a few times and now people seem to respond quicker.
If it had payroll for us and calculated HST, I would give it a solid 8. The reporting part is challenging, so we still do a lot manually which is frustrating. The trainer and implementation person, Bianca Dubay, she was really excellent. All your staff should be like her.
March 29, 2021
We currently use MIP Fund Accounting for Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, EFT, Bank Reconciliation, Allocations, Budget, Encumbrances, and Electronic Requisitions. The program is primarily used by the Finance Department, however the Electronic Requisition module [is] used throughout the organization. Our agency receives a number of Federal, State, County, and Local grants and contracts. MIP allows us to track revenue and costs per fund and to easily allocate shared costs across multiple funds.
  • Overall, the program is easy to use and provides, reliability, flexibility, and scalability. In addition, Abila provides multiple support options.
  • The Allocation feature allows the user to easily spread shared costs like rent or utilities to all the programs that benefit from the cost.
  • The reporting module comes with many useful templates and is flexible for customizing a variety of reports.
  • We sometimes have issues with the Encumbrance module with the liquidation process in that it can be difficult to zero out the encumbrance.
  • We are having trouble with the auto notification feature in the Electronic Requisition module. We keep receiving an error and MIP support is yet to figure out a solution.
  • Old Program (fund) codes can be difficult to delete.
MIP Fund Accounting is well suited to incorporating a new fund into the organization. It is simple to add the general ledger codes needed, use the report templates, combine the fund with other funds as needed for organizational reporting. MIP Fund Accounting is less appropriate when trying to incorporate electronic signatures to an attached document in the Electronic Requisition module.
Abila provides great support with a courteous staff. They provide many options for support, but sometimes if you need immediate support you can end up waiting a long time on hold, or for an e-mail response.
MIP Fund Accounting is easy to use and it is scalable. MIP can accommodate many concurrent users across on the modules. It's a very mature product and is very reliable and if we do encounter a problem, which is rare the support is very good.
March 19, 2021
We use MIP Fund Accounting for our home office finances and for the finances of the missionaries we service around the world. We use the General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Budget and Payroll modules.
  • Integrates well with our donation software.
  • Allows us to set each missionary as a project or "company" of its own within the system.
  • Handles our home office accounts payable and payroll through the General Ledger.
  • The "voucher register" in payroll should have the edit feature in favorite reports in process manager.
  • Everything else meets our needs.
I would not recommend this software for a very small company with little demands for financial reporting or accounting.

It is very well-suited for our company because we have 160 little companies within our company and I am able to generate financial reports for each one using the project code feature. The payroll aspect for our home office of 10-15 employees works well. The reporting features for the government are easy to use. The accounts payable feature for writing checks and searching vendors is easy to use. I like the reporting features especially where I can build my own reports or filter for only the information I need. The budget feature is easy to enter once at the beginning of the year and have it for my monthly reporting.
The support is very good. Every time I have an issue and contact support they are available to work through my problem. Many times they have remoted into my system to help me find problems and resolve them.
I use it every day. I don't know how I would ever do this job without it. There was a learning curve at first, but with the online help and daily discussion board, I have been able to learn the system quite well.
March 05, 2021
We use MIP Fund Accounting to account for our foundation. It is only used in the foundation and not the entire university. The business problem it addresses is managing accounts for our more than 400 endowments. Without this software, they would be impossible to track.
  • Easily spreads investment returns to all endowments
  • Creating and formatting reports is simple
  • Navigating the software is very intuitive
  • Report writing could be easier; it is not user friendly
  • Standard reports should be more accessible (e.g., SOA, SFP, individual endowment reports that are reader friendly downloadable into different formats)
  • The original implementation was very difficult and cumbersome
Well suited for basic accounting and tracking funds

Not well suited for budget to actual reports or other financial statements that allow for financial analysis
We really don't get much support from MIP, and when we have reached out, it was difficult to get any resolution. This was a long time ago and perhaps it has gotten better.
Once you get used to the functionalities, it is pretty easy to use.
February 26, 2021
MIP is used by the Finance and HR departments. Microix timeclocks are integrated with this system and are used by the entire organization to clock in and out. It is also used to request and monitor PTO.
  • Payroll
  • HR staff management
  • AP and non-profit accounting
  • Technical support is horrible
  • Requires IT administrator privilege's in order to process W-2s
MIP performs well in the non-profit realms of accounting. MIP is glitchy and had a slew of problems/work arounds, tech support is horrible, but it does get the job done. It does it well enough that we aren't going to switch anytime soon.
Too bad I had to give them a one. If there were less than one, I would have selected that. Support is horrible. Probably one of the worst things about this product is the support. Most of the time our staff knows more about the product than their support staff does.
It may not be as effective and bug/error-free, but it does get the job done.
February 21, 2021
A very reliable system to have. Once installed, like the TV Ads, you set it and forget it. It keeps running and making daily and periodic tasks a breeze.
  • Data entry using forms.
  • Work Flow: To make sure posting is complete.
  • Available resources: Support is EXCELLENT!
  • Security/Roles
  • Database: Easy to manage and update.
  • Reporting /printer management
  • User preferences/look and feel, user interface
  • Patches or update delivery and installation
One of the BEST accounting systems I have implemented and used. Better accounts management between the campus and auxiliary/3rd party. More if they too have MIP. Reliable connections, all the time. Up 99.99%
Support is always available and prompt! Friendly voices (and help) when you need them the most!
System working as designed.
March 24, 2021
My company has half of all employees being under 1 year tenure. They do not have employees well versed in Abila and will not pay for training which makes it extremely hard to learn and use. We use it for AP & AR as well as payroll but the HR function is not being used. The system seems hard to use but maybe with more training it would make more sense and be easier however my company refuses to pay for training.
  • Support center is great.
  • Lack of free trainings.
  • Hard to use.
  • Redundant features.
It's just hard to use. Granted, my company won't pay for training but there isn't a lot I can find on my own. Some of the basics should be pre-recorded and logged for free training for all. The documents for training are ok, but don't always have all of the information I'm looking for.
It's good but the call back feature dropped my call after I had already waited 45 minutes once and then I hung up to use the chat but the chat guy couldn't help me so I called back and waited for the call back and I waited for just over an hour and it dropped me, so then I can to call back, again and start all over.
It's hard for me to use, but it's a complete lack of training on my company's part.
March 22, 2021
MIP Fund Accounting is used for all our accounting needs. We use it to pay invoices, payroll, reconciliation, budgets, general ledger, journal entries, etc.
  • Training.
  • Support.
  • Reports.
  • Pricing.
  • Entering Expenses.
  • Posting.
MIP Fund Accounting is well suited because it provides great support and training. It can improve on the pricing.
The support is very helpful. They will be there for you to fix errors.
The usability is good, but it can be better - it can get complicated with entering in things for our company.

Pay calculation (136)
Benefit plan administration (97)
6.5
Direct deposit files (114)
Salary revision and increment management (102)
6.4
Reimbursement management (80)
API for custom integration (88)
Plug-ins (58)
Single sign-on capability (248)
Role-based user permissions (298)
Dashboards (169)
Cash management (221)
Bank reconciliation (302)
Expense management (238)
Time tracking (87)
Fixed asset management (141)
Multi-currency support (35)
Multi-division support (135)
Regulations compliance (107)
Electronic tax filing (156)
Self-service portal (107)
Journals and Reconciliations (30)
Enterprise Accounting (12)
Manufacturing module (1)
Pricing (57)
6.2
Order entry (61)
Credit card processing (2)
2.3
Cost of goods sold (2)
2.5

What is MIP Fund Accounting?

MIP Fund Accounting is a configurable fund accounting solution that allows users to report and track finances, streamline processes, and scale and grow based on your unique needs. MIP is the accounting software of choice, with cloud or on-premises deployment options, and designed to meet and handle the complex accounting needs of nonprofit financial management.

MIP's integrated software solution suite provides general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, payroll, human resources, allocations management, procurement, fixed assets, grant management, and advanced security functionality. The solution enables users to manage and report on multiple cost centers at the general ledger level including multiple organizations, funds, projects, grants, programs, departments, locations, etc.

MIP Fund Accounting exclusively serves the financial management and fund accounting needs for nonprofits and government agencies with its complete, end-to-end suite of functionality and multi-segmented chart of accounts. The company states that with the right fund accounting platform and expert guidance, users can track unlimited funds, manage complex reporting requirements, streamline productivity, and make the right data-driven business decisions for an organization.

MIP Fund Accounting Features

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management

Reporting & Analytics Features

Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Has featureCustom reports

Customization Features

Has featureAPI for custom integration
Has featurePlug-ins