Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We use MIP across our whole organization. We are a not-for-profit organization with a grants/contracts portfolio of about 50 - 60 separately funded projects. Each of these projects requires a separate accounting for the funds received and MIP provides us the flexibility to segregate the budget, revenues and expenditures for each of these projects.
- Allows for the segregation of revenues and expenditures by funding sources
- Allows us to track spending against a particular project budget
- Import functions allow electronic interface to other functions (i.e. payroll)
- Budget functionality isn't great
- Application seems to be broken up into too many pieces and parts - should combine more modules
- MIP allows us to fulfill our fiduciary responsibilities to both the board and funder.
Yes, as previously described we have dozens of funding sources and MIP allows us to completely segregate the sources and uses of those funds.
The organization was using MIP when I arrived and, given my overall satisfaction with the product, I haven't looked into other solutions.