Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
I work for a non-profit organization and I use it for invoicing and running reports. Our company uses it for all the accounting procedures except for spreadsheets which are done on Microsoft Excel. I can't tell you the problems in other departments with the software just what I use on a daily basis.
- The one it does well is to help with resolving mathematical errors.
- Some of the software gives you easy access to documents
- Some errors can be corrected with ease.
- I would like to see an area to where you can copy and insert from other software into MIP. To have it compatible with other software. Or just to be able to do this alone within the software. For example adding in a line item on any of the pages.
- When making adjustments that would improve your workload not having to go through an administrator to give you permission first. Especially when it's in your own department and not in another.
- Being able to make adjustments to invoices after they have been completed. I find in A/R that after I generate an invoice then receive payment, if the payment is not the full amount there is no where to make an adjustment to the invoice to resend and have it look professional. I have to hand write in the amount still owing.
- Customer statements is a big issue with me. I cannot send them out because they are too complicated for the customer to understand so I have to generate an A/R aged report to send to them instead. I would like to be able to customize a statement showing what has been billed and what has been paid.
- When printing out an invoice it would be nice if the page didn't shut down after each one. I have to go back to the page every time I print. I don't know why it can't just stay up for the next invoice to be printed.
- Also when entering an A/R session id the software doesn't let me know if this id has already been used. It isn't until I put in all the information and then get to the receipt number that I find it's already been used. I sometimes use repetitive dates and the software doing this takes up too much time.
- When creating a transaction it would be nice not to have to select the calculations id's one at a time. It would be great to be able to select a few to go into the session all at once.
- When making an invoice I have to put my information in alphabetically. If I happen to miss a name there's no where to add it in on the page. So I usually have to start over.
- I also would like to be able to remove columns from certain pages if I don't need them so that I can view the entire page at one time.
I've used Oracle and a church non-profit accounting and I found them easier to maneuver through.
It's great for reports. I don't care for it as far as using it for billing a customer.