I recomend Abila!https://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified86191012016-09-21T23:03:02.251Z
Updated January 15, 2019
I recomend Abila!
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Abila MIP Fund accounting is currently being used by the fiscal department and by the executive director. We use it to address business problems such as budget management, payments to vendors including the electronic payment feature, payroll including managing employee information, payroll taxes, direct deposits to employees, accounts receivables and billing, bank reconciliations, and tracking program revenue and expenses.
- Abila MIP Fund Accounting has great support, they are always quick to respond and always find a solution or at least an answer. They also have a feature to easily request product enhancements.
- They give the user the ability to modify reports which is extremely helpful to be able to tailor reports to specific needs.
- Help and Support! If you are unsure of a feature the system has a great diagram for how the process works, click on a picture in the diagram and it opens up that feature. Once that window is open there is a Help button on just about every screen that, once clicked, takes you to an extensive library of procedures, descriptions, tips and important information.
- They put on a great annual training.
- The Budget Worksheet isn't the simplest to use and understand how the outcome will reflect. It took me some trial and error, and writing my own in-house procedures to feel comfortable with the budget worksheets.
- There are so many modules that Abila offers that it can be frustrating to learn that in order to obtain a certain feature you have to purchase another module, which may come with way more than you need or want. For example, with the Payroll Module you can select Direct Deposit for an employee but without the Direct Deposit module I can't access the feature to email the pay stub vouchers to those employees with Direct Deposit.
- There are so many reports available that it can be hard to remember where the report you need is located. Some reports don't include Unposted Transactions and some don't allow the same level of customization.
- The ROI impact on our business objectives has been saving time. Saving time is saving money and we save time with payroll and tracking employee information, and with budget management and tracking program expenses.
Our agency does have multiple funds from multiple sources and we are able to track and manage them effortlessly. We have an external financial audit done each year and Abila allows me to provide the auditors information quickly with customized expanded general ledger reports. It is also convenient to use the drill down feature on financial reports to see what makes up the figures or to use the Account Balances activity window to search activity by different account filters.
NP Solutions, Inc. - They offered an affordable training that was closer than Abilas training. They offered tons of help and support.
This is the first non-profit I have worked for and I am fortunate they chose to use Abila. My previous account experience with a for-profit industry I used MAS 200. While the two systems have some of the similar appearances and functionalities, Abila is easier to use with multiple programs. I can't compare the two side by side as I use Abila in a much broader spectrum and I am unaware if MAS offers like-features.
We are a small company with around 30 employees, some full-time and some part-time, with funding from multiple sources but mostly government grants. It works great for our needs. It would be well suited for a company with less employees and less programs that do their own payroll and program management. It would be well suited for a company with more employees and more programs that also do everything in-house. Companies could forgo the Payroll module and still get good use out of it with the A/R and A/P and Budget modules. I cannot think of a scenario where Abila is less appropriate.