Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
It is being used as our GL and financial accounting software in a department of two, plus two executives who look up data.
- Provides both canned and DIY reporting
- Has easy bank reconciliation feature.
- Provides drill down features from the ledger to the support documents
- Multi-user capability
- Provides for reasonably priced check stock
- Knowledgeable online or phone support
- Lower the cost of training.
- The summary statement of activities has to use extra lines since it uses summary lines, basically negating the benefit of a summary statement.
- The account balance reports use blank spaces in the headers (e.g. dollar amounts and column headings), so that in Excel I have to always manually delete the blanks to make it a useful Excel report.
- Still struggling with ease of online help/chat room, so I just pick up the phone.
- Financials are easy and efficient to prepare and run.
- High data integrity.
- Smooth sub ledger interface
- It allows us to have confidence in our financial data, record keeping, and reporting. Efficiencies in job tasks, comfort in data integrity and security, makes my job easy!
Yes, we have created multi "locations", where a location is a fund and we code all revenues/expenses to that Program/Location. Pulling canned or DIY reports is easy to do.
I inherited it when I got here. That said, compared to other software I have used, it is reasonably priced, and for the price, does quite a bit in accounting/financial data input, recording, tracking and reporting. Having worked in mostly non-profits, it is important to have a data base that can effectively track donor history and involvement in the organization, both financial and volunteer history.