Overall Satisfaction with AccountEdge
AccountEdge is used for all aspects of Griffie Electric from receivables, payables and payroll as well as general ledger reporting, taxes and banking. It satisfies the accounting needs of my small business fairly well. I say only fairly because there are things in past systems that I have not yet been able to find in this software. I'm still learning the ins and outs though so I'm sure there are things that I just haven't found yet.
- AccountEdge provides a great payroll tax service for reporting, paying and staying compliant through Aatrix.
- I have recently found how to code payroll to different localities which is very beneficial working in the construction industry.
- AccountEdge has a great tool for customizing forms such as invoices and checks.
- I would love to be able to add a second company file to my AccountEdge program. I haven't found where to do this yet.
- I would love to be able to set my reports to default to Cash Basis reporting instead of Accrual as I sometimes print without changing this and get erroneous reports.
- I would like to have more functionality with making custom reports.
- One negative impact that AccountEdge has had on my business is the ability to have my accountant help with setup/tweaking the system as there aren't many accountants out there that are familiar with this system.
- One positive impact that AccountEdge has had on my business is that it has provided me a more in depth, detailed understanding of my bottom line using its reports (once I figured out how to rearrange the accounts to suit my business needs).
- Employee satisfaction will be increased once I implement AccountEdge's direct deposit feature. I've had a couple of employees say they would love to have this option but I have yet to have a chance to implement it.
I have used QuickBooks in the past and, although I really liked it when I started with them, when I switched to a Mac computer they were not at all compatible. AccountEdge filled the gap with a small learning curve where QuickBooks just couldn't satisfy. The only other products I have used were in much larger companies and really can't be compared to AccountEdge.
I would give it a 10 except for the fact that my accountant uses Quickbooks and I'm hearing that they may be becoming more compatible for a Mac or, alternatively, have a cloud version that can be used from any type of computer. I might consider switching back to this when it is time to renew but have not made a decision at this time.
Payroll: while AccountEdge is good with reporting pay under different localities, I have not yet found how to accurately tax employees according to locality. I have only found one place to put the payroll tax codes in the system and there are only two separate local taxes that remain regardless of the locality chosen on the timecard.