AccountEdge works! well.
July 12, 2014
AccountEdge works! well.
Director, Special Accounts
Lake Industries CompanyConsumer Goods, 11-50 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with AccountEdge
AccountEdge is our Accounting/Order entry software. It's used daily by upwards of 20 employees. All Mac's signing in through a remote desktop to a windows server where AccountEdge is hosted. A/E is extremely easy to use, has powerful reports, and great features. There is only one thing that would make it better, and that is if it were to have better support for Mac and not just Windows. The Mac app is not robust enough for our 20+ employee company, but that may be due to implementation, something that Acclivity should be helping us with, but hasn't contacted us to try and upgrade. Not sure we would anyhow, due to what our IT Department has said about A/E for Mac.
- Strong Reports (P&L, Sales, Inventory)
- Very Easy to Use
- Easy implementation
- Great UI for the Mac version
- CRM, CRM, CRM. Make the CRM stronger. Something like "Chatter" for SalesForce would be a great addition...
- UI for Windows version. Yuck. Usable, but ugly.
- Mac Version needs more support. It should be able to handle all of my employees at once.
- Employee efficiency
- Strong reports to see at-a-glance where sales are
- Inventory - Cut down on loss of product
- Salesforce.com,SugarCRM,Base CRM,QuickBooks Pro,sage,Xero,zoho
AccountEdge had already been implemented when I started working at Lake Industries.I have some experience in several other accounting & CRM software. AccountEdge has really come together in the last couple of years. The software is strong, easy-to-use, and great for daily business needs. We haven't switched from AccountEdge because we know the software, and has worked perfectly for over 8 years.
Ease-of-use. Robust reporting, and analytics. The software works, and could easily be the only software you use.
AccountEdge will work for any small business, and I am sure for enterprises as well. It needs to be made into a one-stop shop for everything from Accounting, Sales, and Marketing. Once this is done we would consolidate all of our services into one. Nonetheless, if you are looking for accounting software to run your business....this will be exactly what you need.
- Once it is more robust, it may be the only software we use for it.
- Marketing. Again, once A/E makes it easier to mass e-mail customer and such, it'll be a go to for us.
- Customer Service. Once the Mac version is a more viable option, we can do things like automatically email invoices, and keep up-to-date with our customers social presence.
Evaluating AccountEdge and Competitors
- Product Usability
It had been implemented already. We just purchase a newer version because of our familiarity. The reputation of the product was strong so we decided to go with it. We have had positive experiences with AccountEdge for over 8 years so it was definitely a no brainer to go with them again.
Wouldn't change it. We did too awesome of a job to change anything. Seriously if we were to start researching Accounting software again we would probably end up using AccountEdge again anyways. They only need to work on building out their CRM side of the software and we will have one killer application for our business.
Rarely do we get support due to it costing money. Sell us on a Monthly service, bump up your CRM and Marketing and AccountEdge could easily be getting $2k/ month from us.
Problems get solved
Support understands my problem
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Support doesn't seem to care
No - It should come with the cost of my software. We are an 8 year customer in good standing, rarely do have an issue, and do not want to pay an extra cost for MAYBE 1 issue a year.
nope. Don't want to pay for the service.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn