Overall Satisfaction with AcuBase Pro
I've used AcuBase Pro at Acupuncture Chiropractic & Nutrition Clinic since the early 2000s. At that time, I retired from full-time practice to teach in chiropractic and acupuncture colleges. It handles all patient billing via internet submission and paper & electronic patient records. I've used other much more expensive and supposedly easier to use programs, but AcuBase free form entry, including dictation, is the easiest way to input patient records in a general chiropractic and acupuncture clinic treating a wide variety of disparate conditions in every outpatient setting. Everything is intuitive. I currently practice less than ten hours a week since I've been managing a big data company for the past several years, so having an easy to remember an intuitive program that costs a few patients visits per year allows me time to spend with patients rather than with paperwork. Being able to house the program on a desktop or in our own secure cloud makes protecting patient privacy effortless.
- It allows entry of acupuncture point treatments, herbal prescriptions and exams.
- Allows free form SOAP or other styles of note taking.
- Contains any diagnostic codes a practice might need, which can be customized.
- Seamless integration of multi-discipline practices into a single software.
- Handles Medicare requirements for covered services and uncovered services in the same invoice without creating Medicare headaches.
- Very nice technical support provided in English from within the USA.
- Actually, I like it as it is.
- It would be nice to have a patient sign-in screen for documenting patient in-office.
- The best part is how inexpensive it is. Cost is about $400 per year vs $1,000's per year for features easier to use and customize than the $1,000/s per year programs.
- Billing insurance is simple.
I've used ACOM in a huge clinic I managed, and though it was easy to use in most cases, I found most of the practitioners quickly became form bound, resulting in less than optimal records. A lot of good intake goes missing when you try to squeeze it into forms.
Do you think AcuBase Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with AcuBase Pro's feature set?
Did AcuBase Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of AcuBase Pro go as expected?
Would you buy AcuBase Pro again?