Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Captivate Prime
We use Captivate Prime as a tool for hosting online workshops, conferences and more across our whole organization. It easily allows us to take our registered list of all participants for a specific event/workshop/etc. and get them into the LMS system for that specific event. Now, each participant has a 'digital-home' so to speak for each of our events, where they can access all supporting materials, PDFs, videos, schedules, presenter info and so on. We have not yet starting using it for internal employee training, but we have plans to create an internal on-boarding experience within the system to be utilized in the future for new hires.
- Captivate Prime has a nice look and should be easy enough for most computer users to navigate quickly and effectively. I like its functionality a lot. It has a nice clean modern design and is fairly easy to navigate and understand right after jumping on in.
- Creating truly interactive training courses. With the use of imagination captivate prime allows for high level customization and design of interactive learning.
- Being able to set user roles so specifically is great, changing the permissions of what each user is allowed to see/use in the system makes the system less confusing for my co-workers who do not need to utilize the admin role(s).
- Getting started video tutorials.
- Licensing options.
- Takes a bit of upfront time to align all teams, participants etc.
- More integration opportunities.
- Price is a bit high for the size of our organization.
- We are a small organization, so for now, we aren't quite sure if our ROI is working. But are confident in how this system will help us grow.
- Our consumers have been truly delighted about the LMS and view us at a much more professional level now.
- High level of security is very positive.
With the help of customer support, our implementation experience went fairly smoothly with Captivate Prime. It was a bit of a challenge to get all teams and participant groups aligned properly. We worked for a little over a month on our entire implementation which we were pleased with overall. Adobe's customer support was great in this area though and we never hesitated to reach out for help when it was needed.
Fairly easy to understand the purchasing process. We do not feel that we experienced any follow up costs that we were not initially aware or informed of. The model is a little strange however and I wonder if life-time licensing will become available in the future. The costs are pretty high for our small organization but we also feel confident in the LMS allowing us to grow more efficiently.
The customer support we received was top-notch, especially for our initial implementation. We never felt stupid for asking a question which is always much appreciated.
Developing and publishing courses is a smooth error-free process. A go-to LMS solution, for sure, to effectively increase engagement. The gamification and badge implementation and establishing a point system for achievements, adds motivation. Leaderboards make things more interesting. A great way to start being more competitive.
The catalog and course features are great. There is integration with external course catalogs. User groups can be assigned specific courses and shared with external user groups as well. It's nice that the Learner dashboard can be customized and it lets learners track progress, and deadlines. It works well on all browsers and the learner experience is good. The best feature is the ability to manage all formats of learning in one place. Virtual classroom, eLearning, and Instructor-led training. The learning can have a multi-format environment which is good.