Whova Reviews

Michael Clouse | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2020

My Whova Review

We have been using Whova for upcoming online events/webinars. It is designed to deliver a unified mobile app and web app experience for attendees in person or remote. In our new virtual meeting environment, Whova is headed in the right direction with great features.
  • A singular schedule/agenda used online, in app, and on your own site
  • Simple to use
  • Agenda design options are limited. There are more things you can't do than you can do to the agenda.
  • Buggy -- does not work on iPads in vertical orientation.
  • Customer support is limited.
  • Don't expect to cancel an event and get your money back. I had clients decline the application after 1 week (months before the event)-- and Whova refused to issue a refund.
  • Whova branding is overpowering. Everything has Whova branding all over it. Your brand barely exists. Not one email has your brand on it and customers/moderators/speakers do not realize who Whova is or why they got the email. These emails need the ability to be modified.
  • Customer messaging goes out without warning and most messages cannot be modified.
  • Sponsor/Exhibitors is a half-baked implementation of a beautiful idea. Unfortunately, Exhibitors cannot see what their page looks like when done, so you have to send them a screenshot, thus obliterating the promised efficiency that you hoped to gain. You have to set up all sponsors manually. This needs to be a simple checkbox in the exhibitor area.
It's an OK app, but it's like a version .08 beta release. If you have a need for an app that works for hybrid events -- and are not concerned about the limitations -- this is a great app.
Read Michael Clouse's full review
Katy Rush | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 02, 2020

Whova is engaging and easy to use!

Using the Whova platform allowed me to still attend a symposium amid COVID and engage with colleagues across the country to exchange ideas and best practices. It provided networking, social engagement, and funtivities just like a real conference would (in addition to sessions and breakouts).
  • I love its community board where people can generate topics and questions for event participants to share and connect.
  • The photo section of Whova was really fun and it brought out people's personalities and broke the ice.
  • It's agenda and session registration dashboard is easy to use and provides an easy to read agenda at a snapshot.
  • It's very interactive and surprisingly fun to use when wanting to share and connect with others.
I would definitely recommend Whova for any sort of conference, symposium or forum for organizations in or outside of higher ed (for professionals or students), as well as for use by professional associations and community organizations. I would even recommend it for larger institutions who have similar units or academic groups at multiple locations/campuses. The platform could serve as an interactive way for similar units or departments with shared missions to communicate, collaborate, and learn. It's great!
Read Katy Rush's full review
Maria Pamela Castro | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 12, 2020

Best online events organizer!

It is not used by my company but I used it to have access to the GLF Bonn Conference 2020.
  • Access to live sessions in conferences.
  • Avenue for networking groups.
  • Access to event materials, documents, videos.
  • It took me awhile before I could register. Your registration code or ID is not immediately provided.
I think Whova opened to me a wide array of possibilities for organizations and people to hold conferences and events in the time of COVID, as compared to other available platforms. Its functions range from info on event schedules, redirecting you to sessions of your choice, community discussions on specialized topics and agenda, sharing of resources, among others. It somehow is the "best online events organizer."
Read Maria Pamela Castro's full review
Julia Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer

Whova Review

I did not use Whova for my company but attended a medical conference for Fragile X. It was amazing. I did not expect much when the conference was moved to an online format. I was pleasantly surprised. The speakers were easily able to communicate with each other and as an attendee I was easily able to hear what was discussed. So much different from my one experience with Zoom. I loved the resources available such as pictures other attendees were able to post. This was a huge success for the Fragile X Foundation!
  • The home page with the list of resources.
  • Everything was easily accessible.
  • It was easy to communicate with other attendees.
  • Not sure what I would change.
This was very well suited for a large group. Our conference had over 3,400 attendees!
Read Julia Clark's full review
Joanna Loughran | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great event app!

I found the application extremely helpful in navigating a virtual event I attended. I was able to chat with participants, share information and gain great value and maximize my time. I look forward to using it again!
  • Provide scheduling outlines.
  • Access to new connections.
  • Easy to access meetings and topics.
  • An option to download a full list of attendees and their information as opposed to requesting it one by one.
If this were used for every event being hosted it would provide unlimited potential to event participants not free to attend in person as well as event organizers looking to increase participation... I loved it so much I would like to help promote it!
Read Joanna Loughran's full review
Chris Piekarski, CLSSMBB | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2020

I'm a Whova fan

I attended the Medtech Virtual Showcase event by the UCSD Institute of Global Entrepreneurs. The Whova app helped me understand who was attending, allowed me to share my professional credentials, enabled me to attend a general ZOOM session for all attendees, and then break out into rooms where I could chat with founders and other interested parties about their entrepreneurial technologies. It was really cool and a terrific way to network in our new world. I really liked it! I also run a non-profit that gets rare cancer patients to care, and am seriously considering using the app to manage a patient conference.
  • Could easily see attendees and credentials.
  • Could easily understand how to join the breakouts.
  • Enjoyed the group presentation to begin.
  • Perhaps integrate with LinkedIn? I was running 3 screens, and it worked great: main web portal, breakout room, and LinkedIn where I sent invites and notes in real time.
  • The login emails, the difference between the app, and getting the web portal open was tricky and delayed my entry into the meeting. I had to search too many emails to find the right passwords, etc. Figure out how to make this a push of a button once I register for the event in advance.
Well suited for San Diego startup networking events.
Read Chris Piekarski, CLSSMBB's full review
Khyati Desai-Seltzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 03, 2020

Functionality and Feature Packed

As a business owner, I used it to showcase my services at a virtual event. It solves the problem of direct to consumer communication.
  • Customer communication
  • Responsive to client questions and concerns
  • Lots of functionality
  • You may get messages in multiple areas and not know or get alerts
It is great for big events with multiple tracks and workshops. It would be overkill for a small event.
Read Khyati Desai-Seltzer's full review
Tracy Tanner, M.B.A. | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

Whoa Virtually Does the Job!

I used Whova for the first time at 2020 CEEC. For just releasing the version for virtual conferences, the app did a fantastic job of staying on track. Thank you to the team in making this happen. There were a few glitchy features but overall fantastic for the first time around. It would be interesting to have a feature allowing the attendee to connect in LinkedIn.

Overall, great job!
  • Track the agenda.
  • Allows for speaker coordination.
  • Introductions to attendees via messaging.
  • One of the issues I experienced was that while in the middle of typing into the chat feature I would be kicked out if somebody talked.
  • Would like to see a feature that connects you and the attendee to LinkedIn or other social media platforms.
The 2020 CEEC event was well attended at over 1100. Whova was great for this large, worldwide conference.
Read Tracy Tanner, M.B.A.'s full review
Hannelore Richter | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 03, 2020

Whova is very overseeable and easy to use

To help scheduling, conferences, workshops, mentoring meetings, helping - facilitating and promoting communication on on a big variety of subjects. It addresses very different interests, helps organizing your time, during the event and creating network for the whole year. Actually it is not a business, but it addresses issues that help to increase knowledge, organization and improve your personal and community work. It is used across the whole organization.
  • Excellent assistance and feedback for user issues.
  • Easy to use, the menu is neatly arranged.
  • Facilitates communication.
  • In the agenda application to stay in the date where you left it.
The menu is very good.
Read Hannelore Richter's full review
Tracey Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 13, 2020

Conference Participant Review

Whova was used as an online environment for a learning conference. It addressed a social distancing problem during the Covid-19 pandemic.
  • Immediate dissemination of materials.
  • Opportunities for feedback in time or afterward.
  • N/A
Whova was well suited for the e-learning environment. It would be less appropriate for movement type activities in a conference setting.
Read Tracey Smith's full review
Rick Coplin | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 24, 2020

Excellent Experience as a First Time Whova User

I used Whova as participant in the 2020 California Entrepreneurship Educators Conference Online. The use of Whova enhanced my conference attendance experience exponentially.
  • Excellent organization of conference sessions through the Agenda functions.
  • Live-streaming capabilities produced a near-flawless online attendance experience.
  • The community and communication support made it possible to connect with other attendees.
  • Community engagement was hard to organize - nearly 6,000 opportunities at this conference with no organization beyond "All Topics," "Followed," and "New Topics" made the feature essentially unusable.
  • Creating a profile could be more robust. I had some but not enough control over what was in the profile and the links Whova created for me.
Whova worked great for the 2020 California Entrepreneurship Educators Conference, which had attendees from all over he world. It fits large scale conferences well.
Read Rick Coplin's full review
July 29, 2020

Amazing product!

My district purchased the Quaver Music curriculum and they hold Quaverconn events through Whova. The Quaver experience through Whova app was incredible. I was able to connect with other educators from around my state and across the USA to understand more how they were getting things done during this difficult time. Quaver was able to upload their videos and I was easily able to watch the events on my phone with no disruptions! Just to have the communication alone was enough for me to look forward to the next event I can use Whova for!
  • Communication platform was easy to use and fun as well.
  • The agenda for my conference was easy to find and easier to use.
  • I enjoyed being able to see who else was attending the conference and this was great because it goes right back to communication!
  • Registering for the video meetings was incredibly easy to do and then get back to when the time came. I also was able to get reminders that a class was starting!
  • In the picture sharing section, it was difficult to get back to some of the ones that were shared. I wish I could caption them easier and then be able to edit after I uploaded them.
It was just all around an easy platform to use. I greatly enjoyed how mobile it was for me to be able to clean my home at the same time I watched a conference was amazing! I was also able to see the schedule in advance and work it around schooling my 4 year old during the day!
May 13, 2020

Everything in one place.

We used Whova to access the ICF Coaching Conference this year. Everything has moved online, so it was a great way to access webinars, discussion groups, and documents all in one place.
  • Everything in one place.
  • Easy to download and access on your phone (or laptop).
  • Simple navigation.
  • I should have taken the time to learn where things were - it took me a bit longer to find a couple of things because I take the 'click random buttons' approach!
Great for conferences.
Juli Bark | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Whoa Whova - Great tool for building community at large events!

I recently attended a conference in Miami, Florida that was held at the iconic Fountainebleu hotel. The organizers of the conference leveraged Whova extensively leading up to and during the event to engage all stakeholders--attendees, presenters, organizers, etc.
  • Building community
  • Communicating critical event details
  • Scheduling one-to-one meetings; calendar management
  • Export of data into other apps
The event I attended included approximately 1,000 participants. Communication and building of networking contacts was a breeze with Whova.
Read Juli Bark's full review
Ferg Devins | TrustRadius Reviewer

Whova App Makes Attending Conferences a Breeze

In attending conferences I have had the pleasure of using the Whova app. I have now used it on three occasions as an attendee. The app is using to use and a fabulous tool for tracking the agenda and conversations and sidebar meetings an events. It is also a terrific tool for arranging meet-ups during the day or social events in and around the planned events.
  • Great for agenda planning and tracking.
  • Awesome for connecting in conversation with other attendees.
  • Awesome for arranging meet ups and social events.
  • The "messages" can become a little overwhelming.
  • It would help to queue messages and then stack them for follow up.
Whova is particularly useful for large conferences or conventions. It enables communications and socializing between attendees that might otherwise be difficult to track down.
Read Ferg Devins's full review
Kimberly Bigelow | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

Amazing tool for staying organized at a conference!

I personally used Whova when attending a social media marketing conference in March of 2020. It was set up by the conference host and they recommended we use the app to connect with other conference attendees. Whova was amazing in allowing me to meet other attendees, talk with other attendees, set up meet-ups with other attendees, choose my session schedule/agenda, and more - all before it even started. It was great, especially for a first-time conference goer like myself. The app made me feel at ease at such a large event.
  • Choosing your schedule - At such a large conference, it was crucial to get an all-encompassing look at everything going on and have the ability to choose a schedule that was perfect for me.
  • Meeting other attendees - A majority of the attendees were using the Whova app, which allowed us to connect based on similar interests, chat about topics, see what sessions the other was attending, and stay in touch throughout the conference.
  • Boosting morale - With everyone in touch and meet-ups being organized outside of the event, the energy stayed high through the three days of events.
  • It took me a while to figure out how to filter my conversations & meet-ups based on those I had joined. I only wanted to see the ones I was interested in. Adding a tab just for meet-ups would've been helpful, as opposed to making meet-ups a conversation you have to filter in.
It is perfect for conferences!!
Read Kimberly Bigelow's full review
Dave Boyce | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 05, 2020

Whova? Smoova!

We used Whova for our customer event, NEXT2020. I heard nothing but rave reviews--it was great for managing the agenda and information about sessions, but it was also good for rating content and presenters, and especially for fostering interaction between participants and getting real-time notifications out to the attendees.

My *only* regret was that not every attendee downloaded the app... not sure how to get 100% uptake, but that would be Nirvana.
  • Real-time updates
  • Collaboration between event attendees
  • Rating content and presenters
  • Basic agenda management
  • Getting 100% uptake among event attendees
  • Allowing a simple "like" on a comment
Well suited for trade show, customer event, sales kick-off, educational event--any large, multi-threaded event where participants have to manage a schedule.
Read Dave Boyce's full review
Lori Ross | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2020

Whova enhances work events

It was used to prepare us for a Workforce Excellence Conference at a Convention Center. This was the first time I have used it or heard of it. I would like my Agency to use it more often. It helps it's users with time management and also helps them to prepare for a conference. Often times our schedules are very busy or we are in meeting after meeting. The app allows us to browse, participate, and learn during downtimes in meetings/training. I found myself using the app in my free time instead of scrolling social media. I felt better prepared for the conference. It also helps people participate who may not like public speaking. It helped attendees get engaged prior to the conference so that we were able to get more out of the time.
  • The points system is fun!
  • Encourages participation.
  • It seemed difficult at first to share articles. I am rather tech-savvy, but someone else may have trouble.
  • I loved it and I hope we use it more. So maybe advertise it more?
Whova is very well suited for the conference I was attending. Of course, it would not be appropriate for the confidential and protected information we discuss in other settings within our work. However, for the conference and many other events we have, it would be perfect. I recently completed The Great Leadership Academy with my county and it would be very beneficial to use it for that purpose as well.
Read Lori Ross's full review
Lynette Lopez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2020

Great platform to engage attendees' participation

It was used for a conference for one of the branches of the organization. It was a totally new concept for me in terms of the interaction it provides. I have used other platforms that only provide the agenda and announcements features, but this time I was engaged in multiple conversations regarding the conference topics and it was great. It felt a little overwhelming for a bit, but then I got the hang of it.
  • It engages people in different conversations around the conference topic.
  • It allows people to communicate in a different way that doesn't require them to ask questions in front of a big audience.
  • I think making it easier for people to take pictures directly from the app to upload would be a more direct channel to feed the pics bucket.
  • You could also create some filters or frames that people will feel motivated to share on their personal social media.
I would say the number of attendees, or people involved in the conference would be a good parameter to make such decision. This is a good platform to engage a high volume of people. This ability comes with the responsibility to track participation and really follow up and follow through.
Read Lynette Lopez's full review
Roy Bruno | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Great Social Event App!

It was a great way to meet new fellow Fairway Employees before arriving at the event. It made it very useful to pre-plan my agenda and have reminders to stay on track and maximize the event.
  • Creating private and public groups to meet up with new people.
  • Leaderboard and points system that encourages app usage.
  • The layout was a little confusing at first but using it a few times I was able to navigate easily.
This is a great app for large scale events where there are people coming in from allover the country and non-employees or vendors as well to meet people in person you know from phone calls and e-mails. I don't have any idea of where it would be less appropriate since it seems to be a very engaging app.
Read Roy Bruno's full review
Liviu Olos | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 18, 2020

Very useful app!

Whova has helped me to identify key people that participated at the Opportunity 2020 conference and connect to the ones I thought are relevant to me on LinkedIn. I could also schedule a couple of meetings with interested parties, it helped me recognize the faces of different participants. I also liked that the app has pulled my data from LinkedIn so that I didn't have to spend a lot of time filling data in.
  • Extracting participant data automatically.
  • Sending messages and establishing meetings.
  • During the pool from the conference, not everybody could vote, the app got stuck for some people.
  • The UI could have a more modern design, it looks a bit dated.
I think the app is great for business events where networking is one of the aims of the conference. It's really important that the participants are high quality so you don't end up with a lot of spam after. I would use it for professional segmented conferences but not on the ones with the general audience.
Read Liviu Olos's full review
Robyn Kereliuk | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2020

I like Whova

Whova was used by myself and a co-worker when we attended a large conference
  • Ability to receive fast messaging between program organizer and other attendees.
  • Ability to create meetings/meetups and ask questions.
  • Ability to have contact info from other agencies very accessible.
  • I liked having the agenda, contact info, and and all posts all in one place.
  • It would be great to have more clarity between meet ups, questions, etc. It would be great if it was easier to find info, though not impossible. I found it hard to find information over and over without searching for a bit.
Whova is well suited to large conferences/group collaboration.
Read Robyn Kereliuk's full review
Melissa Mattson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great asset for conferences

I used Whova at a conference that I recently attended.
  • Organization of classes and timing.
  • Chat features and groups with other members for networking.
  • Reminders for classes.
  • Easy to read information (like class time and location).
  • I was receiving notifications for every post (23000) and would have preferred to opt-out. It seemed that I had never opted in and didn't know what to do to stop the notifications I wasn't interested in.
Whova is a great resource for conferences. Using it to organize my class schedule, learn more about the teachers, see and chat with others who were attending the same class, and creating and going to small meetups was made so much easier by Whova.
Read Melissa Mattson's full review
Silvia Cacho-Elizondo (Luczkow) | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

A useful networking and data sharing tool during conferences

It was used during an international conference that I attended.
  • Networking.
  • Photo sharing.
  • Schedules.
  • Conference organization.
  • Data sharing.
  • Networking.
  • Differentiate activities inside the same event.
  • Group segmentation.
  • Recommendations/personalization.
Whova is good for international conferences, local events, and large audiences.
Read Silvia Cacho-Elizondo (Luczkow)'s full review
John B. Webster | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great for conference participants

I used Whova for a safety conference here in Vancouver BC.
  • Whova was easy to use.
  • Whova gave me a great oversight to the conference agenda.
  • I found the notifications helped me see what I wanted to see.
  • I unfortunately did not find any glaring issues with Whova.
For the conference I attended it gave me insight into what was going on where and the synopsis of each topic helped me choose where I was going next.
Read John B. Webster's full review

About Whova

Whova, headquartered in San Diego, provides what they describe as Intelligent Event Technology Solutions by creating authentic audience participation and engagement and simplifying the entire event process from planning to registration, networking, and follow-up. Whova's mobile engagement apps support both on-location events and virtual events.

Whova Technical Details