Whova Saved The Day

November 30, 2022

Awesome time

Great user experience

November 23, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Whova, and make your voice heard!

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://whova.com/pricing

35 people want pricing too

What is Hopin?

Hopin is an online events platform from the company of the same name in London, that provides tools for virtual events, or hybrid events, like ticketing and registration, limitless event rooms, an expo hall, chat, and networking, as well as event branding and attendee engagement tools. Integrations…

What is Webex Webinars?

Webex Events is a tool for webinars and online presentations. It can be used for events for groups of 100 to 3,000 attendees, with multiple presenters. It also includes audio controls and attention monitoring tools. Webex Events compliments other Webex communications, collaboration, and remote…

Product Demos

Whova Event App and Management Solution - Save Time and Provide the Best Experience for Attendees
03:25

What is Whova?

Whova is an all-in-one event management solution that makes events modern and trendy, attracts and engages attendees, and helps event organizers save time on managing event logistics. Whova’s platform consists of an award-winning event app, efficient online registration, powerful event marketing, and time-saving event management tools.

Among Whova's customers are American Express, US Bank, PwC, Microsoft, Hilton, Lego, IKEA, L'Oreal, American Marketing Association, Harvard University, NASA, plus countless other organizations from over 100 countries.

Whova has powered over 30,000 in-person and virtual/hybrid conferences, including association events, education events, government events, corporate events, trade shows, expos, and community gatherings.

Whova Features

• Supported: Event Marketing
  • Supported: Vendor Lead Retrieval
  • Supported: Sponsor & Exhibitor Digital Booths

Whova Screenshots

Screenshot of Award-Winning Mobile Event AppScreenshot of Sponsor & Exhibitor Tools

Whova Video

Revolutionize event management and networking through Whova's event app and management solution. Whova won the Best Event Technology Award from 2016 to 2020, and has been used at over 30,000 in-person, virtual, and hybrid events worldwide. The Whova event app and event manage...

Whova Downloadables

Whova Integrations

Whova Competitors

Whova Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based
Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web

Whova, headquartered in San Diego, provides what they describe as Intelligent Event Technology Solutions by creating authentic audience participation and engagement and simplifying the entire event process from planning to registration, networking, and follow-up. Whova's mobile engagement apps support both on-location events and virtual events.

Cvent Event Management, Aventri, and vFairs are common alternatives for Whova.

Reviewers rate Usability highest, with a score of 8.5.

The most common users of Whova are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees).

November 30, 2022

Whova Saved The Day

The Whova app was essential in coordinating a large in-person meeting event over multiple venues. The app facilitated multi-lingual instructions and communications which came in incredibly helpful. The capacity to create unique groups and conversations allowed our cohort to facilitate meaningful and spontaneous connections. The agenda function was excellent for both internal and external stakeholders. They were able to easily find the venue times and locations. All in all, this app added a huge value to our corporate event.
  • Spontaneous group meetups
  • Seamless agenda udpates
  • Multilingual instructions
  • I thought it was a little weird how I had to click into each date for the agenda. For example, a great format for me is when you just scroll from day to day bottom to top.
  • I'm not sure how much we paid, but I would watch your price point. I think this is really valuable and I can imagine smaller businesses getting huge value out of it, but they have to be able to afford/justify the cost.
If you need to contact a large group of people in a small amount of time, I highly recommend having this app. Not only does it serve as a agenda, it allows for small groups to make contact, real-time updates, and a great blogosphere for everyone to connect on different items.
Amy Austin MLA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whova was used for the Kansas Library Association's Convention in Wichita. It was well organized and so easy to use. I was impressed with how versatile the app is. I will be recommending it for further events.
  • Inform all participants in real time
  • Allow participants to communicate with each other as well as leaders
  • Allow participants to choose their schedules
  • The maps were helpful
Whova was well suited for the KLA Conference where many different presentations were happening at the same time. The app allows users to choose their schedules and see who is attending each presentation so co-workers could access more information without repeats.

Whova review

Christian Arman Ghorbani | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Whova app is super user friendly and the interface offers a great way to network at virtual and hybrid events. I use the messaging platform, create posts in the messaging board, and attend the speaking panels. Even after the events, I still engage with other members on the messaging platform and sometimes go back to previous events to reference a message or a post. I think this is a great app, and I hope you keep it live to continue hosting events.
  • interface
  • messaging board
  • private messages
  • the ability to copy and paste content
  • the ability to send images in the messaging boards and private messages
  • video quality on live streams, and ability to see all the speakers
The events get added by the host, and when I open the app back up, it's nice that the event is there, and all my info is carried over from previous events. I would like there to be a copy paste function, and the option to send images.
Arpenik Kroyan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whova was used to connect with a conference taking place in Boulder Colorado, USA in the time of tight COVID-19 restrictions. It allowed us to participate in that scientific event and present our results despite the time and location difference. It was used by the Material Science institution of our organisation (NTNU) whom where a dozen of employees and students has participated via Whova. The app was working great with the virtual environment created by conference organizers.
  • Allows apploading and playing out videos from conferences at any time
  • It has been combined with zoom smoothly with no technical issues
  • It accounts for potential interaction between users
  • None noticed
Conferences work great with Whova. It is not quite the same as participating live, but it is definitely a usefull and powerfull tool in times like a global pandemic.
Christopher Hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've been to many conferences, and Whova is more powerful than any other app used, ever. Highly recommend. It's above and beyond a mere scheduling application, it allows for so. much. more.
  • Surveys
  • Messaging
  • Access to Data for 6+ Months after Conference Ends
  • More (Much More)
  • Link to Social Media! LinkedIn/Facebook
Events, large or small, I believe this application would be fun and valuable for almost any type of gathering whether attendees know one-another or not.
I have only 2nd-hand info here. The CEO who put everything together with his team said that Whova support was easy to work with, understanding of his needs & overall went above and beyond to ensure all worked smoothly for attendees. When I put my next local conference on, I'll be sure to follow-up with support to be certain we have the most professional event possible.
I have used Whova in the coordination of college presentations and conferences.
  • Web presentation
  • Organization
  • Peer to peer communication
  • Interoperability with other collaboration toolsets
  • Add more templates or suggestions for setting up profiles
  • UX for establishing separate groups within Whova
Whova presented a good experience for conference presenters and allowed communication between peers.
I had some interconnectivity concerns when joining the conference and adding my presentation from Zoom.
I used Whova as an attendee to the Kentucky Society for Human Resources Management annual conference. It made creating an agenda very easy. Great session descriptions, the ability to download the presentations, and get information on the speakers. One of the unexpected benefits was once I returned home I was able to go through and see other presentations that I was not able to go to because the speakers prepared very good presentations. The app made it easy to know what I wanted to attend or if I found I needed to fill a gap with something else. I'm going to recommend this to my library association because it was sooo easy to use.
  • Creating a personalized agenda
  • Clear and complete descriptions of sessions
  • Ability to download presentations
  • Well laid out (did have to hunt for what I was looking for)
  • A map of the conference center rooms would be helpful
  • Ability to change sessions without having to delete the original one selected
  • Take the red dot notification off of "Switch Event"
Great for conference attendees. Everything one needs is right there without having to have paper. Well laid out.
Did not need customer support
Elizabeth Meza, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used it during the 2022 HR Symposium sponsored by the SAHRMA. It made it easier to track my own schedule and still see that other options if I wanted to change it. Easy access to surveys -- maybe could have been linked to the calendar event for even quicker access.
  • intuitive app
  • easy to download
  • lots of options, like for facilitators to upload documents and for the attendees to take surveys
  • Even more convenient if could attach a link in the calendar event to the survey
  • Even more convenient if could attach a link to the documents uploaded by the facilitator for their calendar event
Good experience with it
N/A - I never used customer support

Awesome time

The whole organization was using Whova so that all participants could stay connected with one another as well as [see] the agenda. The app worked really well.
  • Connecting with other participants
  • Seeing the agenda and any updates
  • The ability to ask questions and see the responses
  • The ability to add things like military service. You ask for the highest level of education and I was embarrassed to say just 12 years. I went directly to the Navy and didn't attend college. I'm sure there are other people that went [in] different directions after high school.
Wanting to see the agenda
It was so easy to use and set up
We sponsored an event - and were told to download the app to scan attendees of the event.
  • Scanning event attendees
  • Connecting with event attendees
  • Creating / generating discussion topics
  • More options for scanning attendees - more than Hot, Warm, Cold
It works well for events where there are a lot of community discussions. Very well suited for technology related events.

Conference App All-star

We used it at a conference called Disability:IN. It was a great way to generate interest in our product and to make connections with other companies.
  • Ease of use
  • smooth interface
  • Everything was in the one app
  • I honestly cannot think of anything
I think all conferences should use Whova as it makes life easy for our sales and marketing team
I haven't had any interaction with customer support
We use Whova for 2-3 day conferences, hosted virtually.
  • Ease of implementation
  • Support and communication
  • Virtual events
  • Reporting on who attended sessions and engagement
For virtual events and on-demand access, Whova works well. It's not ideal for live, synchronous events.
The team is prompt and helpful. When they don't know something, they get back to us.

Pleasantly surprised

Sarah Hyndman | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Whova to attend an informative meeting, while a colleague used the app to view content remotely and refer back to recorded content.
  • Agenda
  • Attendee Instruction
  • Notifications from Organizer
  • Activity option
Enjoyed using it for Conference agenda, activities, and announcements like road construction to event
Did not need support
Jenifer Jayme | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Whova for our national all-staff retreat. It was a great tool to foster networking and communications outside of the general sessions, as well as communicate to all attendees about event details for each session.
  • Chat messages for networking with event attendees
  • Communicate details for a complex multi-session event to all attendees
  • Create a tailored personal plan for sessions to attend
  • Capture photos of event attendees
  • Can't think of anything you could do better
Best suited for a complex event with many attendees on multiple tracks. A little too robust for a simple one-day workshop with a small number of attendees.
Didn't have need to use customer support.

Great user experience

Our team was introduced to Whova at the Women in Tech conference in TX. We used it to navigate the conference, coordinate schedules, and communicate with other users and the conference organizer.
  • Scheduling agenda and seeing available sessions and workshops
  • Communication between users
  • Community board Questions and Answers Job Postings
  • Better searchability and filtering of sessions and workshops
  • Some of the pages were overwhelming with the amount of data available making it hard to see exactly what was needed.
I have attended several conferences in the last few months and Whova was by far the easiest app to use at the conference.
N/A did not engage with customer support team in any way.
Jim Stuteville | TrustRadius Reviewer
I only used it when I was attending a virtual conference. It worked extremely well and I was surprised as it was the first time I had used this platform, and had never heard about it before using it.
  • Easy navigation between the various sections for a virtual conference.
  • The interface was very intuitive to use for a first-time user.
  • All the various sections for the conference were integrated, so when you connected with a colleague using the chat function, you could see that input in other conference forums.
  • I didn't use it long enough to determine any areas I would improve.
I thought that it was extremely well suited for the virtual conference that I attended as it was easy to see all the various venues of the conference from the speakers, the vendors and demonstrations and the networking function, and navigating among these venues was easy. Because I have never seen this platform before, I don't know enough about it to say where it might not work.
Kalandra Loyd | TrustRadius Reviewer
Whova was utilized to provide training to educators across the State of Louisiana. It permitted us to easy access to agendas, QR Codes, attendees, session materials, and create new connections based on common interest. Overall, the Whova experience was positive and user friendly. I recommend more organziations utilize the Whova app!
  • Agendas
  • Built Connections / Communities based on common interest.
  • Easy access to session materials
  • Lessening the amount of communications received from the app.
User Friendly
Ease of access to materials / agenda
Useful attendee information
Although I did not experience any issues while utilizing Whova I'm sure the customer support would have been great if I needed it, but the app worked to my satisfaction.
I have used it for attending National Testing Conference and it was useful to know the speakers and the agenda of the conference.
  • Usability of the App can be improved to make user experience better
For attending National Testing Conference this app was very useful and I will recommend the app to my colleagues if they are attending the conference in the future

Happy Notice

I have used Whova for multiple conferences. One was in Wilmington for Rock the Boat and the other 2-3 were in Greensboro for educational conferences pre-Covid at the Four Seasons. I only used as an attendee. However, I did use the general idea also when I designed my own conference for Bear Grass Charter school. It has been a dependable platform with a simple user friendly design.
  • Providing one space to house all elements of presenters/materials/locations
  • Allowing for social/gaming element to keep attendees engaged
  • Keeping agenda for reference later so attendees can review materials
  • I think that having active maps could be helpful in the app...the Greensboro did that I think
  • Making sure all presenters upload links to materials?
  • More active updates of attendees?
Large conferences it is a gem for
Unknown
Washington State PTA uses Whova at their conventions. I am a user.
  • Meeting agendas
  • Photo upload and sharing
  • Messaging
  • There is a lot of info to go thru on the Community tab
Whova is great for a large meeting with break-out groups. I really like the Agenda feature. Whova may be less appropriate for a small group.
I didn't need to use customer support, but I liked the Whova guide available on the App
Lanie Shapiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I used Whova as the app for the Florida Festivals and Events Convention and Trade Show in August 2022. I was an exhibitor/attendee and thought the app was very thorough and simple to use. It has great functionality.
  • Message boards - I enjoyed the message boards during the conference.
  • Create opportunities for connecting with prospective customers. It provides great information about the attendees at the conference.
  • Messaging - I liked how we were updated with messages.
  • Nothing that I can think of
I think that overall, Whova is a great app for the purposes that we needed.
I didn't need any support but I would trust that Whova provides great support.
Louise Neal | TrustRadius Reviewer
Use it as a communication tool for setting up business meetings and interacting with my business sector
  • Dashboard is easy to navigate
  • Very interactive
  • Get good results/ responses
  • Love the visuals
  • For someone who hates CRM's I can;t fault it
It's an exciting social platform to use at conferences and keep close to your clients. I have formed great ice breakers with great response.
I am a regular user.
I personally have never required support, the app is so easy to work.

Whova does wonders

We use Whova for our conventions. We recently used Whova for a week-long convention in Helsinki with 650+ attendees from 27+ countries. This app helped us list our agenda quickly have q&a's ready to go and have community pages and networking a touch away. The app helps us get information out quickly and allows people to message, set up meet-ups, and connect on a deeper level at conventions.
  • Communication
  • Planning
  • Networking
  • Sharing
  • Linking agendas to calendar
Whova is exceptional for conventions. I love the ability to network and message people and see what is happening. This app would be great for career fairs, college fairs, work conventions, and the like. I don't particularly see this as an app to replace Microsoft teams, however. I wish I could have paired the agenda to google calendar, our outlook calendar.
I personally didn't use customer support.

Whova

I used Whova for a conference.
  • Creates opportunity for people to connect
  • Keeps an agenda handy
  • Place for documents
  • It was easier to download documents on the mobile app vs the website
  • The site was easier to navigate
Whova is well suited for big conferences and creating a platform for people to connect.
Good Support
Randy Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been a delegate a number of times at conferences managed by Whova. Whova has been a reliable platform and provides significant opportunities for businesses to exhibit their products, capture leads and contacts, and maximize the potential for business development in the event.
  • Exhibit opportunities
  • User-friendly
  • Capture critical data
  • N/A
Very user-friendly and understands the importance of effective marketing in virtual events.
Inquiries are responded to swiftly and effectively.