Using Vantage for 5 Years - Great Product, and Getting Better with Each Releasehttps://www.trustradius.com/hr-managementADP Vantage HCMUnspecified7.21131012017-07-25T20:25:17.558Z
Updated July 26, 2017
Using Vantage for 5 Years - Great Product, and Getting Better with Each Release
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Vantage HCM
ADP Vantage is being used for recruitment, HR, payroll and time at 48 locations across the country. Using the ADP system allows us to implement standard processes and procedures company wide. The system is used daily by employees to record their time and update personal information. It's used by managers weekly to manage employee OT and process status changes. It's is used by practitioners several times a week for reporting, employee information management, OT management, etc. Our corporate office HR, payroll and accounting use it daily.
- ADP Vantage is great because all the data is in one location, there is no exporting or importing employee data. For employees this is also a benefit as it's one place to go for everything they need, to record time, update tax withholding, setup direct deposit, update contact information etc.
- I absolutely love the report writing, especially the new tools that ADP has introduced such as the "Field Grabber". It makes it so easy to create and run a quick report as needed. Even our least experienced users have commented how easy it has become to use reporting in ADP.
- The New User Experience, (MyADP) although is new and not yet completely rolled, out will be a great benefit for employees and for managers who have 5 or less direct reports. The design is so user friendly where there are no instructions needed.
- Its so easy to manage the user access, and make changes as you need it. The security gives you lots of flexibility. Just today I had a Practitioner who was going to take over the responsibility of a second location's payroll. To give her the correct access to the second location took less than 2 minutes to set up and apply to her profile.
- Although Time and Payroll are integrated, it's not integrated enough. The data sometimes doesn't "flow over" to Time and we have to call ADP to have them push it through. When you are on an employee's record in Payroll, you can go to any other part of there profile such as Tax Withholding, Deductions, etc...which is great, but if you want to go to their timecard, you have to go into Time and do another search to find the employee then open the timecard.
- The audit trail in the system needs to be enhanced. Currently you can run a report to get an audit trail on user activity, but not all screens are auditable. If I need to know who made a change to the Time Information screen, and when the change was made...I am out of luck.
- Some records should not allow backdating the effective date. This causes us problems with data validity. For example, Direct Deposit, you can't change history so this screen should never allow you to enter an effective date of a closed pay period that already was paid.
- The Time Off Request feature has lots of room for improvement. One of the biggest issues we have is that a manager will Approve a request then later realize they need to Refuse it, or the employee needs to Retract it. The system gives you the option to open the Approved request then you can Retract or Refuse it...but that action does nothing. Common sense would tell you it removes the PTO day, but it doesn't. To remove a prior Approved PTO day you have to go to a completely different area, which the average user would never find.
- Our employees earn an annual amount of PTO based on their hire year. The system should not allow them to use more PTO than what they earn for the year, but this is not an option. We can easily put a limit on the balance, but not on the amount used.
- Garnishment module of Vantage is not user friendly, very difficult to use. They do have a WGPS service you can purchase, but if you want to do garnishments in house without paying extra, its a struggle.
- It has definitely had a positive impact. We are able to use the data in ADP for making decisions. Using previous products the data was too hard to get to or it was not clear what you were getting, but with ADP Vantage it's clean and simple to extract any data needed.
- We have saved time by having a system that runs smoothly and is easy to use. Practitioners no longer spend time manually entering timecards or fixing employee records.
- We are able to verify the data prior to running payroll which reduces errors.
I have used many payroll services and software. ADP Vantage is definitely the most advanced and intuitive product that I have used. We have a decentralized payroll, and it works great however I understand most clients do all the payroll at one location, so it suits either way. I not only recommend it for the exceptional product but also for the customer service that ADP provides.