ADP Vantage HCM Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE Badge

June 10, 2021
Rohit Kewlani | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Vantage HCM manages all the HR related back-end processes including payroll, W2, W4, State tax forms, leave management etc. and acts as a single-pane-of-window for unification of all HCM services. It's a one-stop-solution for all are HR needs and truly helped us manage lot of the HR related activities. No need to manage disparate tools, softwares, platforms etc. and end to all the woes associated with managing multiple vendors.
  • One-stop-shop solution for all HR needs
  • Very customizable, setup time was minimal
  • User-friendliness for end consumers (employees)
  • Interoperable with existing corporate systems
  • User interface, still feels primitive
  • Customer care is very generic, not meant for employer specific questions
  • Lack predictive, prescriptive recommendations
[ADP Vantage HCM is] great for big organizations with complex processes and who need all the features/functionalities provided by the platform. May not be very suitable for smaller companies who aren't as elaborate in terms of their HR processes and the enterprise licensing costs can be slightly prohibitive.

Great for companies looking for plug-and-play solutions which need minimal/no customization off the shelf.
More used by my HR team. But I have heard good things about out of the box reports. More predictive, prescriptive analytics would be much appreciated.
Read Rohit Kewlani's full review
March 16, 2021
Marcy Clark | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Vantage is used for HR (Core HR, Benefits, Talent, Recruitment) and payroll. Our employees use ADP on a daily basis to punch in and out for timecards. Employees are also able to update all their personal information such as address, phone, life events etc. Managers also use ADP Vantage self-service to enter information on transfers, pay changes, etc. We are completely paperless for all activities.
  • Ambassador Rewards is a great program that practitioners can participate in.
  • MyADP has a great look and feel but needs to be rolled out and not everything is there yet for our company.
  • Self Service is the best part about ADP. Supervisors/Managers can submit items to be approved. Practitioners in ADP set up the workflow for the activities they can submit.
  • I like the control practitioners have when it comes to security settings.
  • ADP in general LOVES to roll out new products however it is very clear the new products are not tested by people that actually would use the product. Also they tend to roll out products that are NOT ready to be rolled out. ADP Vantage in general is a great example of this. ADP wanted to be a contender in the product solutions of everything is 1 product and it is seamless. That is NOT true about ADP Vantage. ADP Vantage is not real time when it comes to benefits talking to payroll. Ben Calc still needs to run in the background and be set to payroll. ADP Vantage should have never been marketed the way it was. Unfortunately our company bought into it and we have the product we have and now have to work with what we have.
  • Another example of ADP rolling out new products before they are ready is My ADP. I tested this thoroughly before and I had to send a 17 page document to my service team to fix items that were not correct. Its frustrating to say the least.
  • ADP loves to change your service team on you. We have had it rough since day 1 with ADP.... our service team is who we rely on to get answers to issues. ADP will just switch them without any notices. Mary Ladwig was a great service rep for benefits and without notice Mary was pulled from my account and I was given a different rep. Not only did ADP do this without notice but they did it right before Open Enrollment the absolute worst time for ADP to pull a rep. We have had the most challenging Open Enrollment and it is purely because ADP decided to pull my rep and then give me a completely inexperienced rep for Open Enrollment implementation.
  • ADP Reporting is horrible. There is nothing to say other than it is not user friendly.
  • ADP loves a good release to try and fix issues. However 99.9% of the time the release causes more issues that ADP did not test for.
Our company now has worked out most of the kinks but it has taken us 4 years. Items that you think would be easy are never easy with ADP. Overall out product is working the way it is working because we worked 16+ hours days to figure out the issues. We didn't have the time to do this but unfortunately we don't have the ability to switch at this time so we have to figure it out.
  • Online training
Overall we have great support.
Very easy to navigate
Overall good scalability
Yes - The releases are smooth however there are always issues we find after the fact. ADP doesn't always check how an upgrade with effect other areas of ADP.
Read Marcy Clark's full review
March 11, 2021
Kathy Brubaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently have 31 different pay groups that we process payroll for. We just implemented the recruiting module a few months ago that feeds into VantageHCM for all new hires. We're still trying to reduce the amount of paper that is processed between the business units, HR, and payroll. Everything is working as we expect it to.
  • The dedicated service team allows for faster response to issues.
  • It provides easy navigation for all employees, managers, and practitioners.
  • Time cards, benefits, and payroll are all part of VantageHCM -- instead of three separate systems.
  • It could provide a better reporting functionality for practitioners.
  • I would like notifications from ADP when certain areas of the system are not working or are running slow.
  • I would like more detailed instructions on how to do certain things, such as a new state tax setup.
ADP is well suited for a larger company with at least 100 or more employees. It's too complex for a small company with less than 50 employees, but it is a great system to migrate to if using multiple systems for timecards, benefits, and payroll. when ensuring we are compliance with new state requirements, hard to verify with ADP is all of our companies have been set up correctly.
because we have 31 different entities who use ADPvantage - we do not use much of the data and analytic functions because each business is a separate entity and operates differently. we do not use to compare data from a previous month or year. maybe a useful tool for other businesses
  • Online training
Service requests are closed without any communication. Lack of 24-48 response time from our service team. we do have a bi-weekly meeting after each payroll is ran but lack of follow through from the service team is lacking. We just had a new service team assigned to us, so we will see how it goes.
Expect an additional amount of time for hands-on training to be able to utilize the system to its greatest capability. I come from using ADP Workforce now so lots of the functionality is the same but called something else in ADPVantage. Just need to be willing to realize same functionality but called something else.
Yes - yes - we are a company that likes to do testing and our support team is kind of against that
Read Kathy Brubaker's full review
February 22, 2021
Sandra Pacitto | TrustRadius Reviewer
[ADP Vantage HCM is used by] HR/Payroll, payroll taxes, garnishments & Gl
  • Reporting
  • Customized to meet our needs
  • Different functions don't talk to each other - benefits, tax
  • Multiple entry in various systems - tax, payroll, benefits
We've had many benefit issues where [ADP Vantage HCM] doesn't support our benefit package. Also 401K catchup can't be programed to not start until 401k limit has been meet
Read Sandra Pacitto's full review
February 22, 2021
Lydia Chodnicki | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Vantage HCM is being used company-wide for recruitment, HR, payroll and time. This system allowed us to standardize processes and implement more security so we could open up more options for self-service.
  • ADP Vantage has a wonderful reporting feature called "Field Grabber". This allows even very inexperienced users to create the reports they need.
  • ADP Vantage has a robust security management tool. We can set up users into a standard profile or easily create unique profiles for special circumstances.
  • ADP Vantage gives the client access to manage their own setup, for the most part. We can manage our setup to incorporate changes in our processes.
  • ADP Vantage can improve it's effective dating options. Many users don't understand what date to use and end up selecting a date that causes a problem with the data. It would be nice if we could set parameters to this field on certain screens.
  • It is not easy to audit any user activity ADP Vantage. It's a complex report to run that needs to be deciphered, not easy to read for the occasional ADP user.
  • Several fields are not as they are named, so it is not as user-friendly as it appears. For example, in Garnishments, if you have a Federal Tax Levy Agreement it has to be entered as Lien Type of Child Support order with a Sub Type of Private Order. No one would figure that out on their own.
I believe ADP is great for large businesses that are expanding. There are lots of cool features that we haven't used simply because they don't apply to us yet, but I hope to use them in the future. The Data Cloud and Bench Marking are ideal for the large business that wants to see where they are in the market and their changes over time.
It has not been used extensively yet.
The Service Connect used for support is difficult to use and occasionally service requests are closed before they are resolved. The support used to be top notch, but it's declined over the years. I struggle with managing service requests.
It's a great product and the enhancements make it better all the time. I feel there are some areas that are severly lacking attention, such as Garnishments. This area of the product is not user friendly at all and ADP has not made an enhancement here since we went live 2012.
Read Lydia Chodnicki's full review
April 26, 2021
Celia Fletcher | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use it to process our payroll in the United States. It does process payroll faster than our old system.
  • Speed in Processing.
  • Employee self Service is awesome.
  • Quick reporting.
  • We can download paystubs and w2s easily.
  • Better notification of when there will be a system change.
  • Have one dedicated support person instead of a team.
  • It is difficult to get immediate answers when needed.
  • The one-off tax service is more efficient [than] the full-service tax support.
  • One-off services appear to be much more effective than full service.
Not in states/cities with complicated tax structures, eg PA , city of Detroit, and New York City.
I do like the analytics feature. It is easy to upload new deductions and updates. Report[s] are easy to run and create.
Read Celia Fletcher's full review
February 24, 2021
Shelly Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using ADP Vantage for SRC Federal. It is also being used for all on-boarding, recruiting, and payroll needs within the organization.
  • Self-service gives our employees the ability to own the process.
  • Payroll reporting is so much easier.
  • Customer service could use more coaching and development.
ADP Vantage has the ability to grow alongside your company.
  • in-person training
Support does exceed expectations most of the time. There have been a few times I've had to call back to have an issue resolved, however.
ADP
listened, took the feedback concerning the ease of use, and made the
changes\updates needed to take ADP HCM to the next level.

This application will grow with your
needs. No matter what your needs are, ADP HCM can and will handle it. As I said, they truly listened, took what their Clients had to say.
Read Shelly Jackson's full review
February 19, 2021
Randy Shoemaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Vantage as our HCM application and for Payroll across our organization.
  • Good for HCM employee data
  • Processing payroll
  • Accruals
  • The Workforce reporting can be improved to allow copying for customization of reports
Easy to use for payroll and reporting of employee information. We get all our HCM in one place. Recruitment and talent management were recently implimented
We use data and analytics to help management on recruiting needs and other business needs.
My time consultant is always available and prompt with helping
Read Randy Shoemaker's full review
May 14, 2021
We use Vantage across our organization for HR data and Payroll processing. Vantage allows us to keep all of our HR records and payroll in one place, making Vantage the central hub for all of our employee information and serving other platforms such as our network security, time clock, benefits management, intranet, etc.

Having worked with other ADP products in other companies, as well as home grown and competitor solutions, I am happy to have a centralized solution. As an analyst, I have a single system of record for all things related to the employee, which makes serving my stakeholders that much simpler. Having a single system to maintain also makes vendor-level escalations simpler, which saves us time and money.
  • User Security Granularity: I can fine-tune access exactly, rather than give someone too little or too much access.
  • Employee Data Security: All of our data is secure and encrypted by ADP. I do not have to manage security beyond keeping users from giving their username and password to someone. The rest is out of sight and out of mind, handled by ADP.
  • Out of the Box Functionality: While we did have to make configuration decisions in implementation, the functions and customizations we make inside of ADP all function from day one and are not affected by security updates, new versions, or patches. With other highly customized products, any update to the stock system poses a threat to functionality. ADP Vantage does exactly what we want it to do, the way we want it, and without being disabled by ongoing life-cycle management by ADP.
  • ADP Reporting: Let's be honest. Few managers actually use ADP. Most of the people in ADP are practitioners and techs/analysts. The canned reports likely are not being used, while analysts like myself who want to put together powerful analytics reports, do not have full access to the data through the dashboards or advanced reporting options. Give us the ability to have access to the database tables so we can run reports as needed, without having to navigate the odd semantics inside the shell of ADPR. I've seen this done with day old data dumps to SQL, but the data is not real time. My preference would be for an API or similar link so that I could create live dashboards in PowerBI or Tableau.
  • Support Tickets: We live and die by our emails. Yet we have a few products, such as ADP, that require us to go to their internal ticketing system to see the status of our service requests. It would be beneficial to be able to manage status updates and communication through email, including the ability to generate a new ticket.
As I stated earlier, ADP as an out of the box solution, it is far better for a company who is moving away from a home grown or overly complex system. It does exactly what is necessary and provides powerful options to boot, while not [requiring] advanced degrees to operate. ADP has been around long enough that it has experience with most 3rd party platforms for integration, and that makes it easier for companies to be able to customize their total HR solution, be it through a full ADP suite or by connecting ADP to systems they already have in place.
I am a strong report writer, but I struggle using the ADPR tool. It is difficult to make unions and joins without having to do a lot of odd things. So, what I have been forced to do is to re-create the table structure I would see in a database interface, export about 50 reports to use as tables, and import/refresh them manually in a SQL system so I can pull reports and make the analytics/BI the way they are expected. It's not instant and it's not convenient.
ADP Support differs based on the nature of the issue, and not all support teams are equal. The majority of support teams that work with our account are 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. However, some teams are not so good. Therefore, I cannot give a 10/10. That I rate it an 8 displays that ADP support is better than most, and that I am generally pleased with the level of support I receive.
  • Contract Support 10/10
  • Payroll Issue Support 10/10
  • Data Transmission/Integration Support 8/10
  • Vantage Technical Support 8/10
  • ADP Reporting 4/10
For the most part, ADP responds quickly. For ADPR, the time to receive resolution on a matter is long and complex. If I complain on service, it is ADPR.
If you have ever used an HCM you can definitely use ADP Vantage. I encountered ADP first in the Enterprise version, so moving into Vantage was almost identical. Even if I hadn't, the screens are very intuitive. If you know what you are trying to do, you can easily find that screen/step. Someone with no HR experience might take a little time to ramp up, but I can usually get a generalist to full speed in less than three days for the whole system, and a temp in the same amount of time for their particular area of work.
Scaling within Vantage has been a breeze, even with multiple sites and a deep org tree. I have experienced zero problems.
April 26, 2021
So far the Ventage seems overcomplicated versus to ADP Workforce Now. It is more complicated and not really user-friendly. it is more manual and does not calculate salary rate adjustment if adjustments took place in the middle of the pay period. I am not happy with ventage at all. The local as well as state tax section also very unclear and to understand how to use it and how to monitor employees address changes and set up notifications for any address changes, we went through a long back and forth with the ADP team and finally were able to have weekly optimization meetings with ADP team, so we would be able to understand the system and make changes to a current setup, so it will be more automated. Still, the Vantage is absolutely not user-friendly from our payroll standpoint!
  • Separation of payroll side from HR and Benefits, which complies with the separation duties laws
  • [The] tax setup section needs more work, it is unclear sometimes if we need to set up tax in Smart Compliances or somewhere else, and then the rode to make that tax active and add it to the employee.
  • [The] payroll audit could be more clear and include more data from all adjustments, for example, if there is [a] salary rate change, there [are] not flags to check that in [the] audit section of the payroll.
For the purpose of complying with separation of duties laws as well as to avoid any personal information breaches, the Ventage would be a great system, but the organization would face challenges navigating through all the systems, to make it more automated. From my personal experience, [the] ADP Workforce Now is a better system, though.
I personally use payroll side of Vantage.
March 04, 2021
ADP Vantage HCM is being used by our entire organization. The self-service aspect is great. It has empowered our team members to do training online, update their information, and get their pay statements and W-2s any time and any place they'd like. We've also gone almost completely paperless in HR and have been able to save money with ADP Vantage HCM.
  • Learning Management--this is great because team members can do required training courses online at any time. This saves us money and time because we don't need to travel as much.
  • Employee self-service--team members can update their personal information without having to fill out paper forms and send them in. This has resulted in savings regarding paper purchases and ink.
  • Manager self-service--managers are able to initiate some changes for their team and this has simplified processes and resulted in fewer lost changes.
  • eTime doesn't always work properly. The support team is a bit slow in responding and resolving issues.
  • Onboarding needs to become more user friendly, especially for managers and practitioners to audit progress.
  • The mobile app needs to have the same accessibility as the mobile website.
We have been having some issues with time and time access. I'm not sure why these issues pop up suddenly. I really like the learning management and performance management modules. They're pretty easy to set up and use. There are a few little tweaks that could help make the system work more smoothly. I wish we could configure more items ourselves.
Yes, especially during the current situation with COVID, we've been able to use information from our database and reports to make informed decisions regarding our employees. We can compare our different locations and departments to manage our employees and make necessary changes.
March 03, 2021
In our company ADP Vantage HCM is being used across the organization, from human resources and payroll to employees to reporting for senior management. The main purpose we use it for is payroll, although it is also used for recruiting and other purposes.
  • It is very easy to learn and use, especially if you are familiar with ADP products
  • The support team at ADP has been great and extremely helpful
  • Employee self service portion is very beneficial
  • The training information provided is definitely lacking, it is hard to find ways to learn quick tips or techniques and there appear to be no pre-recorded training sessions
  • After using both Vantage HCM and WorkforceNow - Vantage is definitely a step backwards or a downgrade regarding its capabilities
  • The reporting also seems to be lacking and/or the training is hidden somewhere. I am a quick learner but do not find the reporting tool to be easy to self-teach on and so I have been extremely limited in the reporting I have been able to use.
Although ADP Vantage HCM is no a terrible product, it is by far not the best product that ADP has to offer. If the main reason for choosing it is the cost, then I would be sure to calculate the cost of having employees, managers need to use other programs to backup or create information that Vantage is not able to. With that said, it is a fairly easy system to learn (especially if you are familiar with ADP products) and the support team that I have had experience with has been, for the most part, exceptional.
This is another area that I have been trying to find support and/or training for. Although there is a virtual tour that ADP Vantage HCM offers for these features unfortunately it leaves a lot of questions unanswered. The addition of data & analytics was definitely a great idea, it just hasn't been set up or supported for users to benefit from them.
The support for ADP Vantage HCM is mostly excellent. Sometimes it can be hard to reach an ADP representative that is knowledgeable in whatever area you are having difficulty but for the most part it is very good. For the weaknesses that ADP Vantage HCM has, they almost make up for it with their support teams. If by chance you reach someone who is unable to help, I suggest calling the main help line again and you will reach someone who not only helps with the issue but also walks you through the process and explains it to you.
March 19, 2021
The system is utilized across the whole organization for Human Resources and Time Management. It is a "one-stop" shop for everything related to an employee life cycle within the company.
  • Data Analytics
  • Onboarding; it makes the new hire employee experience easier
  • Time Management
  • Time Module; timecards only retain the primary rate of pay for reporting. It would be great to see additional rates that are paid to reflect the secondary rate in the calculation of hours.
  • I dislike having to go to different areas to access 1 employee record. Would be nice to pull up the employee and have multiple points on the record versus having to go to multiple areas for 1 employee.
Great for larger organizations.
Our support team staff are great! They are in constant communication with us, and follow-up timely on our SRs
There are a lot of steps to learn, you can't just "wing-it". You really have to take notes and familiarise yourself.
March 04, 2021
It is being used by payroll and HR at this time. We will roll it out to managers in the future once we continue to build out the areas we want them to use.
  • Payroll
  • User defined areas
  • Performance management
I think this platform is better for a medium to large sized company.
Yes, I have reviewed a little bit at this point
Too many reps. No one knows the whole system.
There are areas that are not user friendly and could use room for available information
It has areas that need to be further developed
October 22, 2020
Vanessa Harris | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use ADP Vantage HCM across the whole organization. It addresses employee access to their records such as new hire orientation and pay statements/W2s, and benefits enrollment. It also helps our management keep track of their team and make updates to their records as needed.
  • Benefits - streamlines the enrollment process and gets all of our benefits information over to our carriers in a smooth process
  • New Hire Orientation - gets all of the necessary sign-offs all in one place for the new hires, and the manager can confirm that everything has been completed in a timely manner
  • Reporting - while sometimes the reporting can be complicated, the ADPR system has been made more user-friendly and ADP provides training classes
  • Reporting - this feature could be made more user-friendly especially when combining benefits and job information
  • Benefits - more intersection with the ACA rules and regulations so that we don't have to get things set up as a one-off specifically for our company
  • Security features for admins/practitioners - for those of us that use the system on a daily basis, we shouldn't have to get passcodes for each time that we access employee information. Or we should be given a 30-60-90 day pass to access that information before we have to get a passcode again.
ADP Vantage HCM is useful for all employees and any size of business in any industry, especially since it is web-based and employees can access it from anywhere. It helps for when they need to see their information outside of the physical workplace as well as the normal business hours. Overall it's a good product.
I haven't used it much at all.
Most support staff are very helpful. Sometimes there are challenges in getting things corrected.
It is mostly user-friendly and gets us everything that we need in order to run our HR department and business successfully.
Read Vanessa Harris's full review
June 25, 2020
Kathleen Garcia | TrustRadius Reviewer
We converted to ADP Vantage from their PCPW platform in 2019. Currently ADP is used only to do payroll but we are currently looking to expand its use.
  • Paperless Vouchers
  • Support Teams from ADP
  • Ease of processing payroll
  • Currently I have none.
[Well suited to] reduce the amount of effort needed to process a payroll timely and accurately. Our employees now have real-time access to their payroll and PTO time once the payroll is processed.
System easy to use
Read Kathleen Garcia's full review
November 25, 2020
At my current company, Vantage is used across the entire organization. It starts with recruiting all the way through to the employees using the ADP Vantage app to access information and also to punch in and out.
  • Payroll processing
  • Timekeeping
  • Auditing
  • Reporting
  • Communication on updates to Vantage.
  • Training for use of the reporting.
  • We recently ran into an issue with grossing up pay and couldn't get 401k to be included.
  • State/county tax information/guidance on some of the more complex states.
ADP Vantage HCM is a great system for small to larger companies. The timekeeping was a smooth transition when everyone had to work from home during Covid, as was all other purposes that we use it for. It can be tricky for supervisors to use, as they don't have as much experience entering transfers and other changes, as HR and Payroll do, so a more intuitive tool for them would be helpful.
I have attempted to use all of the data & analytics and reporting that is available. Although I feel I know Vantage fairly well, it definitely does not have the capabilities that WorkForceNow has. It will also be great to have more training available. Every time I call for assistance from ADP I learn something new and it would be nice to access this information before it is needed.
October 22, 2020

It gives our HR/Payroll team better
control over payroll-related activities provides easier access to employee /
wage information simplifies reporting/compliance / record-keeping and helps
employers address employee information confidentiality concerns. The system
does a great when it calculates net pay, federal withholding tax, Social
Security tax, Medicare, state and local payroll taxes - which flows to accounting.

This software also supports user-defined Income, Tax, and
Pre-tax / Post-tax Deduction categories making it very flexible and powerful. It
has streamlined HR office work into one hub. Reporting is strong yet simple to use.

• New Hire and Termination workflows
  • Leave Management workflows
  • Reporting easy to use
  • I would like more standard reports that could be shared amoung other organizations

ADP Vantage HCM is a comprehensive payroll software that
fits the needs of small to medium-size businesses. It gives employers better
control over payroll-related activities, provides easier access to employee /
wage information simplifies reporting/compliance / record-keeping and helps
employers address employee information confidentiality concerns. The system
does a great when it calculates net pay, federal withholding tax, Social
Security tax, Medicare, state, and local payroll taxes.

This software also supports user-defined Income, Tax, and

ADP Vantage HCM data & analytics feature has assisted in our monthly headcount reports and month-end GL reporting.
Our representative goes over and beyond to assist us!
Super easy to use. If you have a new team member - the on-line training is great to get them up to speed. Very user friendly.
September 26, 2020
ADP Vantage HCM is used by the HR department throughout the United States. Users range from the Corporate HR team to Regional HR managers, HR generalists, and clerks. Our executive team/managers use it for general team reporting (i.e. team demographics, etc.). It allows users to pull full headcounts or employee details as well as hire, transfer, and terminate employees within one system.
  • Field Grabber is an amazing reporting feature that allows you to select fields in employee records and extract them to a report via Excel. Very easy!!
  • The platform is inconsistent. Some days some items don't work, other days they do work.
  • A lot of system malfunctions are not communicated to clients until the client discovers them and reports them, only to be told it is a 'known defect'.
  • ADP R is incredibly complex to use. We have to constantly call ADP R for help. A dedicated ADP R rep would be helpful so they can help manage our reports.
It is well suited for a nicely structured company that has linear reporting structures with not many departments or business units within it. It is less appropriate for large companies that have various departments that traverse through various Business Units.
I have used the data to inform finance of yearly hours worked, scheduled hours, and headcounts by departments and job codes, which are nicely summarized.
July 29, 2020
We use ADP HCM throughout our organization on Guam as our main human capital solutions from payroll to recruitment. We’re currently working through the process to get all our benefits up and running there. We hope to see a connection with StandOut for engagement purposes (I am currently working to square this away soon) and the performance platform in our near future.
  • Payroll is fast
  • It’s basically a one stop shop for all your HR needs.
  • Would be nice to have someone in our time zone, but I know our reps try their best.
ADP has become our main source for employees to give them on demand access to all that is HR. Giving them the empowerment to have all the tools they’ll need on a digital solution. I am new to my role in HR but since seeing all the capabilities ADP HCM has to offer, I’ve been impressed.
July 29, 2020
We only use ADP Vantage HCM to process our payroll.
  • Pretty consistent in accuracy
  • Up to date with federal and state laws
  • Provides different solutions based on needs
  • Report writing
  • Access to view setups
  • Speed of return calls, solving service requests, overall customer service
It's been working for us so far but definitely the experience could be better. I remember when we had just launched ADP Vantage HCM, there were no proper directions and some issues that we had to solve, but now things are going smoothly.
We don't use the data analytics function that much when it comes to payroll processing; only to capture odds, if any, and find errors.
June 18, 2020
We currently use Vantage HCM across the whole organization. For the past year, we have been transitioning to a Shared Service Model where we are implementing companies from our parent company to service their Benefits, Human Resources, and Payroll needs. Because we are transitioning to this shared service model using ADP as our platform, it is saving our parent company a significant amount of money.
  • Payroll processing
  • ADP mobile app
  • Health & welfare platform
  • Not all screens are set up uniformly.
  • Issues with product enhancements are communicated quickly.
ADP Vantage HCM has amazing reporting features. You are able to build reports on the fly for specific things asked by different departments. The user-friendliness of the mobile app makes it easy to give our employees the ability to do things on their own that took a bit of time away from the back office. Payroll processing is a breeze with the tools that ADP provides.
We frequently use data that is gathered from ADP Vantage HCM to take to executives so they are able to make informed decisions that are based on true data. Our company is able to track over time easily and efficiently to report back to managers so it can be called out during round table talks.
March 18, 2020
Sarah Truman | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Vantage is used for domestic payroll in the United States. There is a feed from Celergo for the global payroll that comes back into Vantage for both shadow payroll reporting as well as reporting to the GL for one consolidated GL report to Accounting. I managed the payroll department when we converted to ADP Vantage from ADP ProBusiness a couple of years ago. This solved some pain points of ProBusiness as it was a DOS greenscreen program that would not let you even copy and paste data. With ADP Vantage we were able to convert almost everything, including garnishments to uploads or integrations, and automate more of our processes.
  • EPIP batch uploads are customizable. Each payroll processor was given their own upload template so they could input all of their changes on it, and then upload at payroll processing time.
  • We had multiple pay groups. ADP Vantage makes the ability to submit and close multiple pay groups individually very easy. This was a big pain point for us and we were able to speed our timing up by opening and closing our pay groups individually.
  • Report writing in ADP Vantage is a breeze. It has the ability to drag fields into the report writer, so you don't have to remember the exact fields you need. You can literally go to the screen you want to report off of, and drag the field into your report.
  • Prior year tax adjustment functionality could be more user friendly.
  • If you do not have the full ADP Vantage HCM package, and you use something like Workday for HCM, you will be manually calculating retros.
ADP Vantage is suited in large companies if you like ADP, are planning on staying with ADP, and are knowledgeable with autopay, how to stop autopay, familiar with multi-J reports, understand ADP tax adjustments and manual check adjustments, and have multiple pay groups. If you have a need for multiple retro calculations and use a different system for HCM then you do for payroll, you will still have some manual work, and need to watch your date data lines as this can cause issues. Once you understand how it works, and create a system, you will be ok.
I did not use this feature.
Read Sarah Truman's full review
March 27, 2020
Jon Freedman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our entire organization utilizes the ADP Vantage HCM application in various capacities. Employees use the ADP Vantage HCM application to log in/out, check their time cards and PTO balances. Managers use ADP Vantage HCM to review time cards, perform edits, and run reports. HR and Finance practitioners perform payroll and HR related duties in ADP Vantage HCM.

My overall feedback is that ADP Vantage HCM is an above-average application and fits our business needs for the most part. There are a few areas within the payroll sections that still need to be updated, and we have lost some functionality that we experienced with Payforce.
  • The flow of data from payroll to time now takes minutes, and there is no need to wait until the next day.
  • The general look and feel of the application, especially the layout, make it easy for all users to perform their duties.
  • The insight metric and analytic dashboards are an updated view on a variety of data points.
  • The Pay Data views, while helpful in some data entry cases, can slow down batch entries if you have to update or create new views continually.
  • The state tax withholding section is a bit cumbersome and involves unnecessary movement to another screen and then back again to save the updated information.
  • ADP Vantage HCM cannot default the effective data of incoming payroll changes to the 1st day of the pay period. ADP Payforce had a flag that we could check that would do this. This is critical because although the payroll section will include retro the changes to the beginning of the pay period, the actual effective date will map over to time and not the beginning of the pay period.
ADP Vantage HCM is well suited for large accounts with more complex payroll and time and attendance needs. I would not recommend this product for basic payroll processing. These business would be much better suited to use a lower level payroll product.

I am pleased with the level of growth potential that ADP Vantage HCM has and look forward to utilizing these in the future.
We have just started utilizing the analytics with Vantage. I do love the easy to use dashboard/scorecard format and we have created a few overtime reports that should provide us with the daily/monthly/quarterly metrics that we need.
  • Online training
I feel this product allows us to process payroll, enter changes, perform all of our time and attendance needs, and allow for improved reporting.
Our Users have commented that the learning curve is fairly short and they can get up to speed in a small amount of time.
ADP Vantage is able to scale to our needs. As your organization's payroll and time and attendance needs grow, ADP has optional modules (scheduler, HR, ect.) that can be purchased. The basic reporting and metrics are nice add-ons.
Read Jon Freedman's full review
March 26, 2020
Guylaine Rocourt | TrustRadius Reviewer
ADP Vantage is being used by Payroll for the entire organization. With multiple pay groups it streamlines our processes when we have to upload commissions, etc. as one file, and it knows where to go. Able to see all employees, without having to know the pay group they are in. Transfers without having to add information.
  • No matter the number of companies, you can get information quickly without having to pinpoint that info 1st.
  • Great reporting capabilities.
  • Continued upgrades as this is ADP's future.
  • Need to upgrade their manual check process in a BIG way.
  • Need to better test before deployment.
  • Allow the company to make the adjustments when filing amendments, rather than filling out that form. Less time and less error.
For large companies, this is a good product especially if used with self-service. It has robust functionality, ease of use for pay cards. Easily customized. Able to bring in data from other systems, if HR is not ADP. Ability to retain batches used all the time, and able to transmit payroll on the fly, but not send data you've already uploaded.

Expensive.
We have not yet availed ourselves of that part of the product.
Read Guylaine Rocourt's full review

Employee demographic data (55)
Employment history (58)
Job profiles and administration (54)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (56)
Organizational charting (49)
Organization and location management (50)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (43)
Pay calculation (57)
Support for external payroll vendors (38)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (16)
Benefit plan administration (45)
Direct deposit files (59)
Salary revision and increment management (44)
Reimbursement management (7)
Approval workflow (38)
Balance details (10)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (9)
View and generate pay and benefit information (62)
Update personal information (57)
View company policy documentation (47)
Employee recognition (20)
View job history (46)
Tracking of all physical assets (13)
Report builder (59)
Pre-built reports (58)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (40)
6.6
New hire portal (32)
Manager tracking tools (26)
Corporate goal setting (14)
Individual goal setting (17)
Line-of sight-visibility (14)
Performance tracking (16)
6.3
Performance plans (21)
Performance improvement plans (18)
Review status tracking (18)
Review reminders (18)
6.5
Multiple review frequency (16)
6.2
Create succession plans/pools (10)
Candidate ranking (11)
Candidate search (11)
5.2
Candidate development (11)
5.2
Job Requisition Management (23)
Company Website Posting (23)
Publish to Social Media (19)
Job Search Site Posting (22)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (19)
6.4
Applicant Tracking (23)
Notifications and Alerts (24)

What is ADP Vantage HCM?

ADP Vantage HCM® offers global compliance capabilities, powerful technology and expert service for users to enable their teams, enhance workforce agility and upgrade the employee experience. According to ADP, this translates into big wins for customers by lowering costs, increasing profits, increasing employee engagement and lowering overall risk.

ADP Vantage HCM® aims to offer easy-to-use technology and expert guidance that helps organizations focus on their vision while simplifying administration, managing costs, and minimizing risk.

Capabilities include:

ADP Vantage HCM Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureSupport for external payroll vendors
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureTravel absence management

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features

Has featureDuplicate Candidate Prevention
Has featureApplicant Tracking
Has featureNotifications and Alerts

ADP Vantage HCM Screenshots

ADP Vantage HCM Videos (9)

ADP Vantage HCM Downloadables