Reviews (1-25 of 49)
- EPIP batch uploads are customizable. Each payroll processor was given their own upload template so they could input all of their changes on it, and then upload at payroll processing time.
- We had multiple pay groups. ADP Vantage makes the ability to submit and close multiple pay groups individually very easy. This was a big pain point for us and we were able to speed our timing up by opening and closing our pay groups individually.
- Report writing in ADP Vantage is a breeze. It has the ability to drag fields into the report writer, so you don't have to remember the exact fields you need. You can literally go to the screen you want to report off of, and drag the field into your report.
- Prior year tax adjustment functionality could be more user friendly.
- If you do not have the full ADP Vantage HCM package, and you use something like Workday for HCM, you will be manually calculating retros.
My overall feedback is that ADP Vantage HCM is an above-average application and fits our business needs for the most part. There are a few areas within the payroll sections that still need to be updated, and we have lost some functionality that we experienced with Payforce.
- The flow of data from payroll to time now takes minutes, and there is no need to wait until the next day.
- The general look and feel of the application, especially the layout, make it easy for all users to perform their duties.
- The insight metric and analytic dashboards are an updated view on a variety of data points.
- The Pay Data views, while helpful in some data entry cases, can slow down batch entries if you have to update or create new views continually.
- The state tax withholding section is a bit cumbersome and involves unnecessary movement to another screen and then back again to save the updated information.
- ADP Vantage HCM cannot default the effective data of incoming payroll changes to the 1st day of the pay period. ADP Payforce had a flag that we could check that would do this. This is critical because although the payroll section will include retro the changes to the beginning of the pay period, the actual effective date will map over to time and not the beginning of the pay period.
I am pleased with the level of growth potential that ADP Vantage HCM has and look forward to utilizing these in the future.
- No matter the number of companies, you can get information quickly without having to pinpoint that info 1st.
- Great reporting capabilities.
- Continued upgrades as this is ADP's future.
- Need to upgrade their manual check process in a BIG way.
- Need to better test before deployment.
- Allow the company to make the adjustments when filing amendments, rather than filling out that form. Less time and less error.
- The dedicated service team allows for faster response to issues.
- It provides easy navigation for all employees, managers, and practitioners.
- Time cards, benefits, and payroll are all part of VantageHCM -- instead of three separate systems.
- It could provide a better reporting functionality for practitioners.
- I would like notifications from ADP when certain areas of the system are not working or are running slow.
- I would like more detailed instructions on how to do certain things, such as a new state tax setup.
- The on-boarding process is much faster as we were on paper before.
- Benefits administration, as the carriers receive timely and accurate employment information.
- The time module within Vantage does not seem as robust as other ADP products.
- Labor Allocations are limited and cumbersome in the payroll previews.
- The user interface and end-user experience is really the best of breed. The mobile app is user-friendly and the ability to flip into alternate languages has improved our adoption of this feature.
- The administration of the back end of Vantage is easy for practitioners to modify with minimal ADP intervention on run and maintain items.
- Vantage implementation has helped us standardize our processes across the company.
- Customer Service and the support team at ADP continues to be the biggest issue we have. Configuration requiring SME input requires a lengthy ticket process and the assigned resources are overburdened with other responsibilities. We struggle to get dedicated help and quick response times.
- Small changes to interfaces or tweaked to the configuration we cannot perform ourselves require costly change control requests. A simple change to an ADPR can cost $6000. We feel nickel and dimed.
- The technology is not aligned between the systems. Payroll is old and needs updating. Recruiting doesn't have the same look and feel and has minimal mobile capability. We purchased the suite of products hoping for alignment and continuity of products and it's clunky and provides a very dissimilar user experience. The separation of functionality between Talent and Time and Vantage and RM required cumbersome batches to update the systems and synch issues are common problems we have.
- not enough development in the Vantage roadmap of features -- the MY ADP mobile interface is slow to encompass the classic views for performance and time -- we need to be able to do everything in My ADP and mobile, and that is not the case.
- We haven't felt comfortable turning on MSS since the workflow and functionality isn't truly fleshed out.
- Easy to locate data
- Steps for processing payroll better than Enterprise
- Continuous development
- Reporting in ADPR is not intuitive or user-friendly
- Lacks advanced technology that other payroll systems provide
- It is not as integrated as they think
- It is too hard to get the capabilities you need to be successful in using the system
- Real-time data - we noticed that data passes through from Recruiting to HCM to Benefits rather quickly. It's better because we would normally have to wait a day or two for data to update in the different platforms.
- Streamlined Data - Now that data passes through from platform to platform, we no longer have many manual entries to key in.
- There are certain real-time data that is not actually provided in real-time. We have discovered there are some changes that have a 24-hour turnaround time, to me that is not real-time.
- The carrier should go to benefit vendors at least 2-3 times a week, not once. This is difficult when you have a certain group of workers whose benefits could start at any time and sometimes they have to wait 1+ weeks in order for the carrier to show them as active.
- Easy to use interface.
- Available phone application for interaction on the go.
- Customizable to suit your business need.
- Some errors are hard to understand with the verbiage.
- Reports needs to be more streamline.
- Support team needs more knowledge about their software.
- ADP Consultants could use more knowledge based training.
- fairly intuitive most of the time
- nice new user experience for employees with MyADP
- can process payroll
- functionality is spotty - some things work differently depending on the field or page you are on - but not consistently across the application - some user ID fields need to use a leading zero - some you cannot use a leading zero
- lots of wasted space which requires the use of slide bars to view info - tons of extra key strokes to view or get into the information you want
- not a lot of thought given to how users will utilize/interact with the application - during our testing phase we were finding issue that should have been resolved in beta testing - some reports the headers are illegible due to poor formatting which we were told were a 'vantage design' and that we would get used to it
- the best way to get system enhancement requests to ADP is to complain/comment on The Bridge was the direction we were given
- we had a fully functional system which did all that we needed and were forced to 'upgrade' to a product which does not provide the basic functions that we had on the 'old/outdated' application - would have expected to get at least what we had plus some new functionality - now forced to redesign processes and find ways to work around vantages' limitations
- ADP Vantage HCM is very comprehensive in that it allows us to do almost anything payroll related without limitations.
- ADP Vantage HCM is convenient in that it keeps all our HR information and speaks well with payroll. It's seamless!
- ADP Vantage HCM has great reporting capabilities and we can see trends and make better business decisions.
- I don't like that the Benefits, Talent, and Time modules are separate and don't update in real time.
- It's still very glitchy and slow. I get errors all the time and certain functionality gets disabled for no reason (like accepting/rejecting payroll).
- The way locations are currently set up is not very friendly for "working from home" locations.
- ADP Vantage has a wonderful reporting feature called "Field Grabber". This allows even very inexperienced users to create the reports they need.
- ADP Vantage has a robust security management tool. We can set up users into a standard profile or easily create unique profiles for special circumstances.
- ADP Vantage gives the client access to manage their own setup, for the most part. We can manage our setup to incorporate changes in our processes.
- ADP Vantage can improve it's effective dating options. Many users don't understand what date to use and end up selecting a date that causes a problem with the data. It would be nice if we could set parameters to this field on certain screens.
- It is not easy to audit any user activity ADP Vantage. It's a complex report to run that needs to be deciphered, not easy to read for the occasional ADP user.
- Several fields are not as they are named, so it is not as user-friendly as it appears. For example, in Garnishments, if you have a Federal Tax Levy Agreement it has to be entered as Lien Type of Child Support order with a Sub Type of Private Order. No one would figure that out on their own.
- I like the ability to create reports with the field grabber option.
- New design is simple to use and understand.
- All fields are pretty self explanatory
- It does tend to "freeze" occasionally, or buffers for seconds on end causing your site to log out.
- Customization to your organizations needs is definitely limited.
- More cons than pros.😕
- It's a one-stop-shop for maintaining all needed information about your employees - no need to get different solutions for different purposes.
- ADP Vantage can be configured to your company's needs and allows secure, automated file feeds to other systems as needed, eliminating the need to duplicate work.
- The employee view of the system has been greatly enhanced recently with the introduction of MyADP, a mobile-friendly way for our employees to access, review, and update their own information whenever and wherever they need.
- While ADP Vantage is a one-stop-shop, it's still made up of different modules that don't always play well with each other, leading to disconnects that affect our employees' experience with the system.
- Customization to suit your organization's needs can be limited - we need to be able to house far more data in client-customized fields than are available to us.
- Requests for new features and improvements to functionality are added to an "enhancement queue" that appears to be so long that it may take years for your requests to be implemented.
It streamlines workflow.
- Technology Advancement - striving to make changes that companies need.
- getting buyer input
- Missing functionality across their ADP Vantage platform. It has a lot of room for improvement especially with myADP and the Talent Management full suite. Not very customizable for our organization.
- Releases tend to create new problems which cause some of our staff to not be able to do their job.
- ADP charges for every little add-on where we are finding competitors do not.
- Performance Management
- Payroll seems to work seamlessly.
- Need a better presence with HR, benefits and recruiting!
- The more customization you have, the more potential issues you could have with releases (upgrades)
- Ambassador Rewards is a great program that practitioners can participate in.
- MyADP has a great look and feel but needs to be rolled out and not everything is there yet for our company.
- Self Service is the best part about ADP. Supervisors/Managers can submit items to be approved. Practitioners in ADP set up the workflow for the activities they can submit.
- I like the control practitioners have when it comes to security settings.
- ADP in general LOVES to roll out new products however it is very clear the new products are not tested by people that actually would use the product. Also they tend to roll out products that are NOT ready to be rolled out. ADP Vantage in general is a great example of this. ADP wanted to be a contender in the product solutions of everything is 1 product and it is seamless. That is NOT true about ADP Vantage. ADP Vantage is not real time when it comes to benefits talking to payroll. Ben Calc still needs to run in the background and be set to payroll. ADP Vantage should have never been marketed the way it was. Unfortunately our company bought into it and we have the product we have and now have to work with what we have.
- Another example of ADP rolling out new products before they are ready is My ADP. I tested this thoroughly before and I had to send a 17 page document to my service team to fix items that were not correct. Its frustrating to say the least.
- ADP loves to change your service team on you. We have had it rough since day 1 with ADP.... our service team is who we rely on to get answers to issues. ADP will just switch them without any notices. Mary Ladwig was a great service rep for benefits and without notice Mary was pulled from my account and I was given a different rep. Not only did ADP do this without notice but they did it right before Open Enrollment the absolute worst time for ADP to pull a rep. We have had the most challenging Open Enrollment and it is purely because ADP decided to pull my rep and then give me a completely inexperienced rep for Open Enrollment implementation.
- ADP Reporting is horrible. There is nothing to say other than it is not user friendly.
- ADP loves a good release to try and fix issues. However 99.9% of the time the release causes more issues that ADP did not test for.
- It is easy to navigate.
- It provides comprehensive employee information and status.
- It is easy to move from ADP product to another.
- Search features can be cumbersome.
- Tracking and reviewing disciplinary actions do not flow smoothly. There are too many steps to review each action.
Changing employee information and status.
Generating reports that assist in understanding employment trends.
- The processes are simple
- ADP always help to fix any issues that may arise.
- It is nice to have a knowledgeable source to go to if you are in many states and the laws are different for each.
- All of our taxes are also completed and submitted by ADP
- Customer service - solving issues in a timely manner
- More explaining why the problems actually happen so we can avoid future issues
- Benefit quirks during open enrollment and the small issues that happen
- Data Analytics; Vantage has a lot of neat reports
- Time Module; timecards only retain the primary rate of pay for reporting. It would be great to see additional rates that are paid to reflect the secondary rate in the calculation of hours.
- I dislike having to go to different areas to access 1 employee record. Would be nice to pull up the employee and have multiple points on the record versus having to go to multiple areas for 1 employee.
ADP Vantage HCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP Vantage HCM
ADP Vantage HCM® aims to offer easy-to-use technology and expert guidance that helps you focus on your vision while simplifying administration, managing costs, and minimizing risk.
- Talent Management
- ACA and Benefits Administration
- Time and Labor
- Analytics & Benchmarking
Interested buyers can explore ADP’s Human Capital Management (HCM) platform and tools through an interactive experience offered on the vendor's website.
ADP Vantage HCM Screenshots
ADP Vantage HCM Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
ADP Vantage HCM Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||8%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||92%|
ADP Vantage HCM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP Vantage HCM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Chinese, French and Italian|