Reviews (1-25 of 42)
- fairly intuitive most of the time
- nice new user experience for employees with MyADP
- can process payroll
- functionality is spotty - some things work differently depending on the field or page you are on - but not consistently across the application - some user ID fields need to use a leading zero - some you cannot use a leading zero
- lots of wasted space which requires the use of slide bars to view info - tons of extra key strokes to view or get into the information you want
- not a lot of thought given to how users will utilize/interact with the application - during our testing phase we were finding issue that should have been resolved in beta testing - some reports the headers are illegible due to poor formatting which we were told were a 'vantage design' and that we would get used to it
- the best way to get system enhancement requests to ADP is to complain/comment on The Bridge was the direction we were given
- we had a fully functional system which did all that we needed and were forced to 'upgrade' to a product which does not provide the basic functions that we had on the 'old/outdated' application - would have expected to get at least what we had plus some new functionality - now forced to redesign processes and find ways to work around vantages' limitations
- ADP Vantage HCM is very comprehensive in that it allows us to do almost anything payroll related without limitations.
- ADP Vantage HCM is convenient in that it keeps all our HR information and speaks well with payroll. It's seamless!
- ADP Vantage HCM has great reporting capabilities and we can see trends and make better business decisions.
- I don't like that the Benefits, Talent, and Time modules are separate and don't update in real time.
- It's still very glitchy and slow. I get errors all the time and certain functionality gets disabled for no reason (like accepting/rejecting payroll).
- The way locations are currently set up is not very friendly for "working from home" locations.
- ADP Vantage has a wonderful reporting feature called "Field Grabber". This allows even very inexperienced users to create the reports they need.
- ADP Vantage has a robust security management tool. We can set up users into a standard profile or easily create unique profiles for special circumstances.
- ADP Vantage gives the client access to manage their own setup, for the most part. We can manage our setup to incorporate changes in our processes.
- ADP Vantage can improve it's effective dating options. Many users don't understand what date to use and end up selecting a date that causes a problem with the data. It would be nice if we could set parameters to this field on certain screens.
- It is not easy to audit any user activity ADP Vantage. It's a complex report to run that needs to be deciphered, not easy to read for the occasional ADP user.
- Several fields are not as they are named, so it is not as user-friendly as it appears. For example, in Garnishments, if you have a Federal Tax Levy Agreement it has to be entered as Lien Type of Child Support order with a Sub Type of Private Order. No one would figure that out on their own.
- I like the ability to create reports with the field grabber option.
- New design is simple to use and understand.
- It does tend to "freeze" occasionally, or buffers for seconds on end causing your site to log out.
- Customization to your organizations needs is definitely limited.
- More cons than pros.😕
- Real-time data - we noticed that data passes through from Recruiting to HCM to Benefits rather quickly. It's better because we would normally have to wait a day or two for data to update in the different platforms.
- Streamlined Data - Now that data passes through from platform to platform, we no longer have many manual entries to key in.
- There are certain real-time data that is not actually provided in real-time. We have discovered there are some changes that have a 24-hour turnaround time, to me that is not real-time.
- The carrier should go to benefit vendors at least 2-3 times a week, not once. This is difficult when you have a certain group of workers whose benefits could start at any time and sometimes they have to wait 1+ weeks in order for the carrier to show them as active.
- It's a one-stop-shop for maintaining all needed information about your employees - no need to get different solutions for different purposes.
- ADP Vantage can be configured to your company's needs and allows secure, automated file feeds to other systems as needed, eliminating the need to duplicate work.
- The employee view of the system has been greatly enhanced recently with the introduction of MyADP, a mobile-friendly way for our employees to access, review, and update their own information whenever and wherever they need.
- While ADP Vantage is a one-stop-shop, it's still made up of different modules that don't always play well with each other, leading to disconnects that affect our employees' experience with the system.
- Customization to suit your organization's needs can be limited - we need to be able to house far more data in client-customized fields than are available to us.
- Requests for new features and improvements to functionality are added to an "enhancement queue" that appears to be so long that it may take years for your requests to be implemented.
- The processes are simple
- ADP always help to fix any issues that may arise.
- It is nice to have a knowledgeable source to go to if you are in many states and the laws are different for each.
- All of our taxes are also completed and submitted by ADP
- Customer service - solving issues in a timely manner
- More explaining why the problems actually happen so we can avoid future issues
- Benefit quirks during open enrollment and the small issues that happen
- Easy to use interface.
- Available phone application for interaction on the go.
- Customizable to suit your business need.
- Some errors are hard to understand with the verbiage.
- Reports needs to be more streamline.
- Support team needs more knowledge about their software.
- Ambassador Rewards is a great program that practitioners can participate in.
- MyADP has a great look and feel but needs to be rolled out and not everything is there yet for our company.
- Self Service is the best part about ADP. Supervisors/Managers can submit items to be approved. Practitioners in ADP set up the workflow for the activities they can submit.
- I like the control practitioners have when it comes to security settings.
- ADP in general LOVES to roll out new products however it is very clear the new products are not tested by people that actually would use the product. Also they tend to roll out products that are NOT ready to be rolled out. ADP Vantage in general is a great example of this. ADP wanted to be a contender in the product solutions of everything is 1 product and it is seamless. That is NOT true about ADP Vantage. ADP Vantage is not real time when it comes to benefits talking to payroll. Ben Calc still needs to run in the background and be set to payroll. ADP Vantage should have never been marketed the way it was. Unfortunately our company bought into it and we have the product we have and now have to work with what we have.
- Another example of ADP rolling out new products before they are ready is My ADP. I tested this thoroughly before and I had to send a 17 page document to my service team to fix items that were not correct. Its frustrating to say the least.
- ADP loves to change your service team on you. We have had it rough since day 1 with ADP.... our service team is who we rely on to get answers to issues. ADP will just switch them without any notices. Mary Ladwig was a great service rep for benefits and without notice Mary was pulled from my account and I was given a different rep. Not only did ADP do this without notice but they did it right before Open Enrollment the absolute worst time for ADP to pull a rep. We have had the most challenging Open Enrollment and it is purely because ADP decided to pull my rep and then give me a completely inexperienced rep for Open Enrollment implementation.
- ADP Reporting is horrible. There is nothing to say other than it is not user friendly.
- ADP loves a good release to try and fix issues. However 99.9% of the time the release causes more issues that ADP did not test for.
- It does a very thorough job of showing history of applicants interaction with job applications in an orderly format.
- It can, in theory, be a more cost-effective solution for managing multiple software applications all on one platform.
- Customization options for adding and subtracting steps in the recruiting process and pipeline are endless.
- It has plenty of room for improvement primarily with user interface and product training for new clients.
- It could be more efficient at integrating and pulling applicant's resumes from various job boards into the ATS feature of the system.
- It could improve on pushing out job descriptions to various job boards as well.
- It could be much better at setting up automated alerts and notifications for each user when an applicant has completed a step in the process (i.e. background check's, resume submission, signing of offer letters etc.)
- It is easy to navigate.
- It provides comprehensive employee information and status.
- It is easy to move from ADP product to another.
- Search features can be cumbersome.
- Tracking and reviewing disciplinary actions do not flow smoothly. There are too many steps to review each action.
Changing employee information and status.
Generating reports that assist in understanding employment trends.
- ADP Vantage HCM is nicely laid out so it is user friendly. It gives you the look and feel of what other popular apps might look like so there is a familiarity there.
- ADP Vantage HCM being a one stop shop, makes it nice to only have to keep track of one log in and I have all of the information I need at my fingertips.
- ADP Vantage HCM is always evolving and while at times this can be a challenge I find it to be a strength that they are always trying to improve the product.
- We just upgraded to Vantage Time Version 8. While we are glad that we do not have to worry about Java any more the look and feel is a little lack luster. The screen is boring and it can be hard to locate what you are looking for because nothing really stands out.
- Since upgrading to Vantage Time Version 8 things have been moved around that we were not expecting so I think it would have been helpful to have that laid out during the implementation process.
- The other item that I have personally had issues with is Employee Documents. This has given errors across our company so at any given moment you do not have access to obtain an EE's documents. This needs improvement.
It streamlines workflow.
- Technology Advancement - striving to make changes that companies need.
- getting buyer input
- Missing functionality across their ADP Vantage platform. It has a lot of room for improvement especially with myADP and the Talent Management full suite. Not very customizable for our organization.
- Releases tend to create new problems which cause some of our staff to not be able to do their job.
- ADP charges for every little add-on where we are finding competitors do not.
- Performance Management
- Payroll seems to work seamlessly.
- Need a better presence with HR, benefits and recruiting!
- The more customization you have, the more potential issues you could have with releases (upgrades)
- Data Analytics; Vantage has a lot of neat reports
- Time Module; timecards only retain the primary rate of pay for reporting. It would be great to see additional rates that are paid to reflect the secondary rate in the calculation of hours.
- I dislike having to go to different areas to access 1 employee record. Would be nice to pull up the employee and have multiple points on the record versus having to go to multiple areas for 1 employee.
- Easy to locate data
- Steps for processing payroll better than Enterprise
- Continuous development
- Reporting in ADPR is not intuitive or user-friendly
- Lacks advanced technology that other payroll systems provide
- It is not as integrated as they think
- It is too hard to get the capabilities you need to be successful in using the system
- The DataBridge for importing data is nice but it is critical that it is set up correctly which is difficult. Once working well it has an ease of use.
- Manual check processing is good and efficient
- One stop shop for different things such as quickview. This is my favorite feature.
- Batch output reports are not user friendly and efficient. They are not easy to read or use for audit purposes.
- Not being able to find employees by the whole SSN makes it difficult in times that is your only known source of data for the employee.
- The lack of use of effective dates makes it very difficult to report on and prepare audit documentation for clients.
- There are bugs still in this system that seem to be only brought up by the client and the action to fix or make right is not taken with the critical needs of the clients.
ADP Vantage HCM Review: "Using Vantage for 5 Years - Great Product, and Getting Better with Each Release"
- ADP Vantage is great because all the data is in one location, there is no exporting or importing employee data. For employees this is also a benefit as it's one place to go for everything they need, to record time, update tax withholding, setup direct deposit, update contact information etc.
- I absolutely love the report writing, especially the new tools that ADP has introduced such as the "Field Grabber". It makes it so easy to create and run a quick report as needed. Even our least experienced users have commented how easy it has become to use reporting in ADP.
- The New User Experience, (MyADP) although is new and not yet completely rolled, out will be a great benefit for employees and for managers who have 5 or less direct reports. The design is so user friendly where there are no instructions needed.
- Its so easy to manage the user access, and make changes as you need it. The security gives you lots of flexibility. Just today I had a Practitioner who was going to take over the responsibility of a second location's payroll. To give her the correct access to the second location took less than 2 minutes to set up and apply to her profile.
- Although Time and Payroll are integrated, it's not integrated enough. The data sometimes doesn't "flow over" to Time and we have to call ADP to have them push it through. When you are on an employee's record in Payroll, you can go to any other part of there profile such as Tax Withholding, Deductions, etc...which is great, but if you want to go to their timecard, you have to go into Time and do another search to find the employee then open the timecard.
- The audit trail in the system needs to be enhanced. Currently you can run a report to get an audit trail on user activity, but not all screens are auditable. If I need to know who made a change to the Time Information screen, and when the change was made...I am out of luck.
- Some records should not allow backdating the effective date. This causes us problems with data validity. For example, Direct Deposit, you can't change history so this screen should never allow you to enter an effective date of a closed pay period that already was paid.
- The Time Off Request feature has lots of room for improvement. One of the biggest issues we have is that a manager will Approve a request then later realize they need to Refuse it, or the employee needs to Retract it. The system gives you the option to open the Approved request then you can Retract or Refuse it...but that action does nothing. Common sense would tell you it removes the PTO day, but it doesn't. To remove a prior Approved PTO day you have to go to a completely different area, which the average user would never find.
- Our employees earn an annual amount of PTO based on their hire year. The system should not allow them to use more PTO than what they earn for the year, but this is not an option. We can easily put a limit on the balance, but not on the amount used.
- Garnishment module of Vantage is not user friendly, very difficult to use. They do have a WGPS service you can purchase, but if you want to do garnishments in house without paying extra, its a struggle.
- ADP is always updating Vantage. ADP is always looking for ways to improve the product. They are also looking for clients to chime in on any product enhancements. This is amazing that ADP wants to know what we think about the product.
- We like the performance and compensation module. It has eliminated the need for paper. We'll never lose an evaluation. Amazing!
- We would live to see a more robust disciplinary system, where associates can sign their counseling, to eliminate the need for paper.
- We have more than 1200 practitioners. This is a shortcoming for ADP, because when we need to add a new feature, we have to update each practitioner record one a at time.
ADP Vantage HCM Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About ADP Vantage HCM
ADP Vantage HCM® aims to offer easy-to-use technology and expert guidance that helps you focus on your vision while simplifying administration, managing costs, and minimizing risk.
- Talent Management
- ACA and Benefits Administration
- Time and Labor
- Analytics & Benchmarking
Interested buyers can explore ADP’s Human Capital Management (HCM) platform and tools through an interactive experience offered on the vendor's website.
ADP Vantage HCM Screenshots
ADP Vantage HCM Competitors
ADP Vantage HCM Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||8%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||92%|
ADP Vantage HCM Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ADP Vantage HCM Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||North America|
|Supported Languages:||English, Spanish, French, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Chinese, French and Italian|