Overall Satisfaction with Altova DatabaseSpy
Altova DatabaseSpy is used in 2 ways. First, it is used to access Oracle and SQL Server Database for various ad-hoc queries, mostly developing and running ad-hoc SQL statements. Second, the graphical database design is used to view and edit database structures. The database queries are used for a wide range of reasons, from interrogating the database for specific data elements to reporting general or specific data points to [query] specific tables. The graphical DB design editor is used to view and edit the various database structures through one UI.
- SQL templates
- SQL query results window
- Design editor shows graphic representation of DB structures
- Good performance
- Improved SQL query debugging capabilities
- Ability to nest queries
- Does not integrate with other DB administration tools or query tools
- Smaller footprint
- Easy to learn and easy to master
- Can access multiple types of databases
- Enabled us to continue to provide excellent customer support with a smaller team
- Lower cost helped us balance our budget
- Reduced the need for spending extra funds on training
Do you think Altova DatabaseSpy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Altova DatabaseSpy's feature set?
Did Altova DatabaseSpy live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Altova DatabaseSpy go as expected?
Would you buy Altova DatabaseSpy again?
Altova DatabaseSpy is well suited for dynamic environments that move quickly and have a need to develop and run small to medium-size ad-hoc queries quickly and easily. The tool is intuitive and relatively easy to learn and come up to speed. The tool may not be best suited for large and very large, and complex queries.