Overall Satisfaction with Alvaria Compliant Outreach (Noble Systems)
Alvaria is used to organize and track employee schedules, and adherence to schedules, as well as tracking available employee perks such as personal time off available, vacation time off available, and various extended leave policies available for each employee. It allows management to track large numbers of schedules simultaneously and be alerted when there is an adherence issue.
- Good tracking for large numbers of employees.
- Decent UI for employees.
- Accurate tracking of time balances.
- Clunky reporting tools.
- Schedules are modifiable, but this is a time-consuming process for those with flexible schedules.
- The site is a bit ugly, and the home page is not modifiable, which means a lot of extra searching for regularly used tools.
- Calendar for employees to view schedules.
- Schedule editing tools for employees.
- Adherence reporting for managers.
- Creates a trackable performance for employees to receive direct feedback on ways to improve.
- Increases time spent by coordinators by creating an additional system along with the payroll scheduling system.
- Provides easy dispositioning for employees to switch tasks.
Alvaria has a clunkier User Interface than Workday. It's granular to such an extent that it actually decreases usability for those less technologically literate (most managers). For scheduling, it can be used much more granularly, which is great for reporting but requires a larger investment of time and knowledge to make the system effective.
Do you think Alvaria Compliant Outreach delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Alvaria Compliant Outreach's feature set?
Did Alvaria Compliant Outreach live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Alvaria Compliant Outreach go as expected?
Would you buy Alvaria Compliant Outreach again?
Alvaria is well suited for implementing and tracking schedules for employees where strict schedules and timely staffing is important (Call center, retail, etc). Positions that are directly customer-facing are benefitted from an accurate and consistent schedule tracking as there is an hourly workflow to handle. It is less likely to help for positions that have flexible schedules - such as creator work.