Overall Satisfaction with Amazon CloudWatch
Right now we are using Amazon CloudWatch to monitor some AWS instances that we are running with different technology services. We are using its built-in monitoring capabilities for AWS service to visualize resources consumption and behavior and to keep an eye over AWS instances contracted to reduce billing each month.
- Monitor physical resources for EC2 instances.
- You can integrate AWS Cloud Watch with EC2 Autoscaling service to create new instances.
- You can notify any anomaly detected via Amazon SNS.
- AWS can include User Experience monitoring for applications hosted on AWS.
- AWS can include code-level traceability for transactions on monitored technologies.
- CloudWatch could be deployable to other on-premise services from customers.
- With EC2 Autoscale integration we reduced costs in new EC2 instances
- Detailed cost management gave us enough data to make the right decisions.
- With CloudWatch API we gathered data points for further analysis and forecast utilization.
I think Amazon has put more efforts to develop AWS CloudWatch features to monitor each kind of AWS service you can use instead of Dynatrace One Agent that just can monitor some variables of Computing services and FaaS, unless Dynatrace One Agent integration with AWS CloudWatch you can reach another cloud monitoring metrics that organizations need to visualize and watch in detail.
Do you think Amazon CloudWatch delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon CloudWatch's feature set?
Did Amazon CloudWatch live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Amazon CloudWatch go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon CloudWatch again?
AWS CloudWatch is perfectly suited for deployments where there are a lot of EC2 instances you need to control and where you need to scale in new EC2 instances depending on users or network load, you can take advantage of multiple integrations AWS CloudWatch have to improve your application platform performance.