Review for AWS EC2 instancehttps://www.trustradius.com/infrastructure-as-a-service-iaasAmazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)Unspecified9.12051012018-08-30T17:47:54.538Z
August 30, 2018
Review for AWS EC2 instance
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Amazon EC2 is being used by the whole engineering department and also in production to deploy cloud applications. All the REST APIs are being developed and deployed on EC2 instances using the JAVA application. It solves one of the most important problems for our organization, in that it has multiple copies of application servers through EC2 and is highly available.
- It solves the problem of high availability when using with a load-balancer
- Very easy to manage through the console
- Depending on the type of EC2, it really does its job very well w/r/t to computing optimized or memory optimized applications.
- It will be really great for smaller organizations where some training can be provided w/r/t how and in what situations to use EC2 instances, which can be ideal.
- It has a really positive impact on the business, with less hassle to deploy applications, and with less and easier management of the servers, along with best service
EC2 is really useful in distributed architectures applications. It solves many business problems and is easy to manage without us having to worry about any physical server. EC2 can be tricky provided the options it gives w/r/t sizing, and sometimes it doesn't work with smaller instances, but bigger instances are costly so organizations can't afford bigger instances