Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
Anaplan is used across the entire organization. It has addressed a wide range of use cases, including but not limited to financial reporting, data integration between systems, forecasting, and budgeting. It has eliminated the need of a lot of large slow excel files and has allowed users from around the world to share and view data seamlessly.
- Robust calculation engine.
- Collaboration between many users at once.
- Real time reporting and updates.
- Visualizations are lacking.
- If a mistake is made it can lock out many users.
- Clients have seen quicker times of many processes which decreases human capital.
I have not worked in any other technologies, so I cannot speak as to how it stacks up against others.
Anaplan is well suited to handle scenarios that require a lot of standardized calculations or scenario planning. For example we want to forecast multiple scenarios to plan for multiple outcomes. Anaplan can quickly generate reports for all the scenarios and allow decision makers to quickly assess their data. It is less appropriate as a large data warehouse. If there are millions of records that change frequently and need to be stored somewhere, Anaplan may not be the best solution for this.