Appian DirectRoute Review: "Appian in the Dedicated Analysis Environment"https://www.trustradius.com/logistics-transportationAppian DirectRouteUnspecified341012014-03-11T16:47:25.271Z
Updated April 09, 2015
Appian DirectRoute Review: "Appian in the Dedicated Analysis Environment"
Score 9 out of 101
Direct Route, ResourcePro
Direct Route, ResourcePro
Overall Satisfaction with Appian
Appian is used as our primary route design tool for our Supply Chain Solutions / Dedicated Contract Carriage operations unit. We apply it to both new business development tasks as well as existing account ongoing management tasks. Other operating units within the company are supported by our group's Appian analysts and we have the potential to assign analysis resources to specific customer accounts if needed.
- Appian is excellent for use in both the analysis arena and ongoing operations support. The speed to solution and quality of solution is at the top of the market.
- The configurability of the system gives the user the flexibility to address almost any route problem imaginable. Analysts have the ability to recreate the "world" to fit their customer's needs rather than forcing the customer into a predetermined framework.
- The installation of the software is flexible and can be structured to fit any work group's format, from a centralized core to a distributed mobile analysis team.
- With the extreme flexibility and configurability of the system also comes a need to have one or more high end users of the software. Not every rank and file analyst will be able to take full advantage of the program.
- There will inevitably be some customer problems that the system isn't able to successfully address. This may not always be a fault if the system (it can also stem from lack of information from the customer), but it will result in analyst frustration.
- We have had a few issues with the configuration of the program on a particular analyst's PC. TMW support was very helpful in working out a solution, but it was still a week+ length issue to resolve.
- Analysis setup and completion time is dramatically improved.
- Quality of solutions exceed previous tools
- Overall product cost is among the best in the industry
Appian was best suited for an analysis environment both functionally and from a cost structure standpoint. Other packages are targeting ongoing operations and their cost structures reflect that goal. The purely analytical environment can underestimated in these situations. There is definitely a need for non operation specific analysis tools in the marketplace.
It is VERY adept at creating solutions for single or multiple point collection or distribution scenarios. We have multiple customers with large, central DCs that utilize Appian for their regular route rationalization processes. We have had less success when analyzing "touring" fleets where only historical data was available. Without the flexibility to change/select new combinations, the solution quality is diminished.
We have been very pleased with Appian and have several experienced users proficient in multiple analysis types. We see the benefit of Appian being a long term partner for our company and our operating group in particular. There would have to be significant negative developments in the product or support to force us into a change.