Appian Direct Route is being used in the engineering department. It attempts to optimize the transportation routes at Black Horse Carriers.
- Ability to optimize routes based on specific parameters
- Ability to show a detailed map with routes in different color
- Ability to optimize within routes
- PC Miler integration
- Distance settings are too complicated for the end user and you're not always confident the mileage is correct
- Misc errors do occur from time to time which means the integration between Appian and Excel needs to improve for Appian to be a stable product
- Decreased employee efficiency because of numerous errors and constant troubleshooting
- Successfully optimized routes
- TruckStops Optimization Software
We used to use TruckStops until we switched to Appian Direct Route. I was very happy with TruckStops mainly because it was a simple system that got the job done. There were no integration issues, no errors left and right, no hassle. Appian on the other hand, while it is a nice system, it needs a lot of work. During optimization, mileage is critical and I am afraid Appian fails in this aspect with the lack of proper integration with PC Miler which is industry standard.
Many issues with the system and I will probably recommend other type of software if the question arises. Because of the investment my company has made, I will use the system for now.