Appian DirectRoute Review: "Appian Direct Route"https://www.trustradius.com/logistics-transportationAppian DirectRouteUnspecified341012014-03-11T15:52:36.051Z
Overall Satisfaction with Appian DirectRoute
Appian (Direct Route) is used by our centralized routing team, servicing 40 Distribution Centers across the country. It assists in building a route plan for a private fleet of over 800 tractors. Aside from generating a delivery plan, it houses all critical customer data (lat/long, receiving hours, etc.). The software can be used to optmize routes, to reduce miles / routes and generate cost savings, and also for modeling purpose in project analysis.
- Software integrates well with other on-board monitoring devices (plan transfer to truck/driver)
- Product does a great job of assisting in off-router stop placement to assure the impact to miles is minimal.
- Direct Route tool is essential in project analysis to determine impact to miles/hours for proposed changes.
- Transit times are sometimes inaccurate/inconsistent.
- Software can slow down as a route file undergoes many changes.
- Large quantity of input files can sometimes create confusion/inconsistency when route files are shared by multiple users.
- Improved service to customers by being more aware of ETA's and how they relate to each store's receiving hours.
- Reduced transportation costs in dynamic environment where routes are optimized daily using Direct Route.
- Better customer service to field by generating e-mail notifications for following day's ETA's, along with notifications when trips are behind schedule.
Direct Route software if best suited in a dynamic routing environment with milkrun/peddle routes. If a company is running static routes with one or two stops, the tool most likely will have limited impact on cost reduction. However, if a company delivers to many stops and has an opportunity to reroute their network, the tool would most likely reduce miles/routes and generate cost savings.
Using Appian DirectRoute
Appian products have become an instrumental tool within the company, from a daily tactical standpoint building route plans, to a strategic standpoint in assisting with project analysis. Since the tool is able to interface with many different on-board computer vendors, it is something that could be used by the company long term.