Overall Satisfaction with Asigra
We use Asigra as our primary backup solution. We are re-sellers and use it across every client that needs a backup solution, including ourselves.
- A cloud backup system that is agent-less. You just simply need to install an interface (DS-User) to interact w/your backup jobs.
- Block level backup. You only backup files changes as opposed to sending the whole file, saving bandwidth.
- Ease of use. I find the interface is relatively simple to use and get used to. If you have never used backup software, I feel the program caters to all user levels.
- The event log errors that are returned by some failure a job has. Some are cryptic.
- When restoring file types, I'd like to see the ability to restore multiple extensions, as opposed to 1.
- I would like to see more community involvement. There are not many online resources for support other than Asigra's helpdesk and a random unofficial forum.
- The way files are stored on the server, saves space and cuts cost.
- The clients never see a difference in bandwidth when backing-up/restoring items on their network.
Whether we renew Asigra or not is my decision. Regardless of not being my decision, all of our clients are setup and functioning w/out issue. If we were to change, it would cause tons of work, clients would be questioning our decisions and and overall headache. We are not changing.