October 06, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
- JIRA Agile
Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian JIRA
Atlassian JIRA is used by some sections within the organisation. It is mainly used by IT for managing project work and workloads. It is also used to keep track of feature requests for a piece of software we have had externally developed for us. We are currently piloting the use of Service Desk for one of our business units.
- Easy to use and configure.
- Provides visibility of workloads.
- Provides visibility and tracking of progress against certain tasks.
- Allows you to go back and track historical decisions.
- Good roadmap, existing and new features always being worked on.
- Within the Agile area it would be nice to be able to track versions more easily, whilst it does it I don't find this area all that intuitive.
- From an IT perspective this allows us to make sure we are managing workloads and due dates effectively.
- From an organisational perspective it provides us with a tool we can use to track issues and tasks, with minimal setup overheads and minimal training. It is also very configurable, allowing us to configure JIRA to match business processes rather than needing to change business processes to match JIRA.
Atlassian JIRA is really working for us, and we can see many other areas of the organisation where its use could be applied to streamline service.
Atlassian JIRA is useful for scenarios where you need to track issues or tasks and record updates or progress against them. We have set up projects for a couple of different areas within our organisation, from service based areas, to areas that need basic incident tracking to IT where we use it to track project work and feature requests.
Using Atlassian JIRA
In our experience users have required little or no training to get up and running with this product.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Adding new issues
- Tracking progress and recording comments against an issue
- Assigning issues to employees so they are responsible