Google Drive is a cloud file storage, synchronization, and collaboration platform and service, that features Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for document editing and presentation.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/za/ic/9MZXUQGGIEX2.PNGCollaborate with your team to get the job done!We use Google Drive to store files for easy access for all the sales team and accountants. This helps us keep track of invoices we owe money on as well as invoices we have billed to clients. We also use Google Drive to keep track of PODs when a delivery has been made. Our scanner can also directly upload files to Google Drive making it easy for us all to work remotely. For example, I live in Washington State, but my boss lives in Houston and his sales team are located in Houston, El Paso, and Mexico.,Allows team members to access, add or edit files in real-time. Allows me to share spreadsheets and files with non-team members. It is very easy to use and I love that it integrates directly to the computer so I don't have to upload and download files constantly.,The branding isn't my favorite for Google Drive. It isn't as easy to use as Dropbox. If a file is deleted from one location, it's permanently gone from all locations.,8,It has been wonderful for having remote team members able to pull up files when they need it. The sales team is able to upload files the accounting team needs. Google Drive is also great for collaborating on a single file and being able to submit it to clients.,10,5,Dropbox,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Odoo, Canva,You can easily copy and paste things if you need to You can access any files from any device that has the app or access to the internet You can attach files to email directly from the drive.,Google Drive doesn't have a lovely interface, especially on the web.,Yes, but I don't use itGoogle Drive Offers A Comprehensive Cloud-Based Storage Platform Fit to ScaleGoogle Drive is one of the primary cloud storage tools that our organization uses. Drive is an incredible resource that enables employees to store important documents in the cloud and access them from locations across the world. The benefit of this cannot be understated - as this feature increases communication, collaboration, and productivity across the workforce. Furthermore, if paired with other Google applications, Drive contributes to a collaborative experience where multiple users can work on documents at the same time. Drive is used in most administrative areas of our organization and it has definitely helped the workforce feel more prepared to tackle modern business challenges.,Document Storage: Drive enables users to store a high volume of varying types of documents. The storage limits are also extremely useful for large-sized files. Global Access: Drive enables users to access their saved documents anywhere with an internet connection. This improves overall throughput and accessibility. Permissions: Drive allows the owner of documents to share content with others in a variety of ways. This enables a largely collaborative platform.,Drive is expensive for the amount of storage included within the price. File navigation has room for improvement - as it can sometimes be difficult to tell between documents shared with you and user-created ones. Working with Drive is most ideal when all parties also have access to Drive. Functionality is lost if a user is not logged in.,9,Employees no longer run the risk of forgetting documentation during travel. If uploaded to Drive, this work goes with them wherever they go. Collaboration has decreased the number of different copies floating around the office. There is a single source of truth that all can edit. Being able to track changes on documents by a user is extremely beneficial when looking to review previous versions.,10,9,OneDrive, Dropbox Business and Dropbox,Eventbrite, Brainshark, Google VoiceGo with Google DriveGoogle Drive is the primary storage, sharing and collaboration tool for our entire organization. It has a high level of stability, accessibility, and ease of use. The ability to manage permissions and access makes it secure and support from Google is excellent. Being able to have tools to work and collaborate anywhere on any devices is important.,Easy of use Accessibility Stability Features,UX/UI could be improved. The functionality of tools could be enhanced. Increase individual storage capacity.,10,Cost-effective Easy to collaborate Efficient Stabile,10,10,OneDrive, Dropbox and Amazon Cloud Drive,BetterCloud, GoGuardian Admin, Jamf ProIntegrates with almost anythingGoogle Drive is being used as the main storage tool and data management for our entire organisation. We've been using GSuite applications as well, so it integrates very organically with Google Drive. We can share between colleagues and stakeholders, be it a Document, Spreadsheet or even video tutorials since it has a built-in video player (like Youtube) so it's very easy and practical.,Data storage Data management and organization Sharing (colleagues and stakeholders),Drive filestream doesn't show what's is shared with you, so it's not that clear how to use it. How things are managed inside an organisation could be improved. There's no folder for the entire group (at least in our plan), but something created by someone that is shared with specific people. It's expensive for what it offers in terms of storage,10,It helps our entire work process and we use it to store all important files. Makes it easier for multiple people to work together, and we spend less time thinking about how things should be organized. Expanding storage is not that cheap since we need to pay it per user.,8,8,Dropbox, Box and WeTransfer,Dropbox, Box, WeTransferCloud storage at a great priceGoogle Drive is free-to-use cloud storage for files. At the free tier, users gain access to 16 GB of free online cloud storage that can be accessed via a Google account. Users can then share these files with other users through links, email, or the Google platform. This is invaluable as it provides a free way to store and share files across the organization. We utilize Google Drive if we need a place to store and share word documents, sheets, and presentations as it is a convenient place of access. Google Drive also comes in handy during research and development as a lot of resources on the internet provide documentation through links which can be saved and viewed via Google Drive.,Free account. Variety of file storage. Preview and editing. File sharing.,Need a Google Account to get 16 GB of storage. Sometimes difficult to find what is using space. Deleting shared files sometimes does not remove them.,10,Free storage has an immediate ROI. Provides alternate option to file sharing. Allows research to happen more smoothly while browsing the internet.,9,9,Dropbox,Visual Studio IDE, Slack, Oracle VM VirtualBoxAnother great service offered by GoogleAt work, we use Microsoft offerings. But I've used Drive on personal and volunteer projects for 10+ years. Google Drive is a robust online file storage solution. The built-in tools for editing, sharing, and organization make it a superb place to keep important documents. One of my favorite features is being able to collaborate in real-time on documents.,Easy to collaborate. Works seamlessly with other Google products. Integrates with many 3rd party options.,As a file storage service, I really don't have any complaints. Ideally, all participants on a collaborating document need a Google account. For example, if I'm sharing a document with a customer they need a Google account to get the full benefit. I wouldn't recommend using Google Drive to store large files. For personal photos, it's a decent offering. For an organization that wants to store lots of large video files, it would be a lot more expensive than other solutions.,9,I would have lost lists of important files and documents without this easy to use robust service. For basic file storage, the cost of Drive is essentially free. It's been tremendously useful for our nonprofit to utilize. Google also provides nonprofit organizations free access to G-Suite. Being integrated with forms, Gmail, and other Google services is super useful. If your organization already utilizes other Google services it's a no brainer in my opinion to use Drive.,10,7,Microsoft 365 Business and Dropbox,Microsoft Office 365, Dropbox,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,If I had to do it again I think I'd make the same decision for the same reasons. If we had a larger organization with different scopes of business it may affect the decision. In 10 years if our organization has grown and our requirements have changed we will certainly have to come up with a new set of criteria on which to evaluate our options.,File organization. File collaboration. Creating custom forms.,I haven't found any features difficult to use. Forms are probably the most complex thing I've set up with Drive and were exceptionally easy to use/understand/share.,YesGoogle Drive is a solid and reliable Google Product Offering. No surprise there.We use Google Drive as a document storage and collaboration platform. We edit and update status call documents, monthly and quarterly reports, and other documents. We also use Google Drive integrated with Basecamp to create and track open job numbers and the status of open projects. Given that we have staff in multiple sites, real-time collaboration and same-time editing of documents are critical.,Real-time sharing and document collaboration. It's intuitive and easy to use. It has the ability to take Microsoft office suite documents created offline and convert them to cloud versions that can be edited collaboratively.,File navigation can be confusing, especially with documents that have been shared with you vs ones in your own drive.,10,It saves us time in the creation of documents when multiple people are involved. It removes the need to have multiple revisions of the same file. It removes the need to consolidate comments/edits from multiple people in multiple files.,10,10,Dropbox,Basecamp, HubSpot, Microsoft 365 BusinessReview of Google DriveI use Google Drive to organize and send files to clients, as well as keeping track of projects and doc files.,Google Drive does a good job of organization and creating folder structures. It's easy for me to duplicate files as well, especially when I have pre-made templates. Drive makes it fairly easy to send files to people, though, jury's out on whether it's the best for being the vehicle for clients to view documents from. Google Drive has lots of space for me, and if I needed to, I could easily upgrade for more space.,I don't think Google has done a good job of making sharing files easy. There's always an issue with whether or not one of my clients has to sign in with their own personal account, especially if their company doesn't have a Gmail or G Suite. I've had issues downloading from Google Drive before, but this is typically working with huge file sizes. I've had timeouts and other things, though these might be my internet connection.,8,Great ROI. It's free. No problems with that.,7,8,Dropbox and WeTransferGoogle Drive is great for sharing files!Google Drive is being used to deliver video files which consist of both drafts and final video files. It has been used specifically in our video department for quite some time now. It helps us address the need to deliver files quickly and efficiently without needing to mail hard drives or USB drives back and forth, or posting videos to preview on YouTube.,Google Drive is very easy to use. Google Drive is very quick and efficient. Google Drive makes sharing files simple.,It would be nice to get more storage with the free version. Nothing else comes to mind, it is great!,10,Google Drive has made us more efficient in delivering files. Google Drive has allowed us to get feedback faster from clients. Google Drive has been a great investment overall.,10,9,Dropbox and Dropbox Business,Wrike, Keynote Systems (Discontinued), Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere ProGoogle Drive is the best software your company needs to store and share informationGoogle Drive is the software used by my organization for storing files along with their documents, spreadsheets and Google Docs presentations, it allows you to keep all your files synchronized between all your devices. What sets Google's storage service apart is its deep integration with web applications. Where files are administered totally online, using the web application to share files.In my organization, we use Google Drive in the engineering department because it facilitates access to the files and documents that the company needs in the daily work. In my organization, confidential documents are always exchanged and must be protected, which is why it is necessary to improve your security system. That's why Google Drive should have a powerful antivirus or security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users.,You can connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. You can also upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel, presentations, photos, videos, music, among other types of files Editing files with Drive is also better when working mainly online. When you edit a document in Google Docs or answer emails in Gmail, you can easily take files from your Google Drive storage and use them directly without having to load anything. Google Drive updates all your items automatically, which means that you are continually improving your options. As for the organization of the files, you can create folders to keep the documents organized.,Google Drive Should have security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users. It is necessary to have an Internet connection, otherwise we can not access our files because they are in the cloud. The version of the mobile application is easy to use, but I think it lacks enough features compared to the website version.,9,The use of Google Drive in my organization significantly increased the organization levels in the company. It improved the time employees use in managing files they use in their daily work. The software increases the possibility of exchanging all the required information with the company's customers,Dropbox,DropboxGoogle Drive makes collaboration easyGoogle Drive is available for all enrolled students and faculty members. We can store and share different projects. It also makes collaboration across different department very easy. Normally, all current members will get access to unlimited storage. Because of Google Drive, I am given easy access to documents from anywhere. Downloading and uploading of documents is also very convenient.,Easy to collaborate with different people. Tracking and notification of all documents. Easy storage and access to documents and files.,Problems with integration when downloading large files. Shared contents are not well protected with the password system. Internet connection is required to access documents.,10,Large amount of storage. Easy access. Easy collaboration.,10,10,OneDrive,Microsoft 365 Business, Microsoft Visual Studio Code, Google ChartsMuch more than just a cloud based storageGoogle Drive was not being used by the whole organization, only the Information Technology department used it. It gave us the ability to easily store and access documents, spreadsheets, images, from any device, from anywhere you were. Working collaboratively is great. It helped us in retrieving files easily for repeated use.,Allows us to share files, documents, from any device from anywhere, with internet connection. Excellent productivity and suite collaboration. Includes desktop to desktop file syncing.,Privacy is a concern, because Google collects other information from your online activity to serve targeted ads. Productivity software less capable than MS Office. Should implement password protection for shared files.,8,Positive impact on sharing efforts among employees. Enhanced organization of files and documents of all company. As we use MS Office 365, we needed more interaction with MS platform tools.,Dropbox and OneDrive,OneDrive, Microsoft Office 365,9,9It is a user-friendly and light weight tool but needs to add more tools for more customization.In my organization, we writers use it to store and access our data anytime and anywhere. It has good syncing capabilities. Presently, it is used by all the departments in my organization, but it is most preferred by the editing team. As a part of the editing team, I need to access and handle files from work as well as home. Therefore, I edit and create new files using Docs, Slides, and Sheets. It has also helped all our teams to update their work in real-time with Google Sheets. This software is very useful for addressing problems like lack of syncing, storage and editing online.,Good syncing capabilities Easy-to-use features and tools User-friendly UI,Google Drive needs more tools and features to be added for more customization. User Interface can be made more appealing to the users. It takes time to work in a slow internet connection. Sometimes, uploading and downloading speeds lag behind,10,Time management Esy access Smart collaboration,OneDrive,OneDrive,10,9Google Drive is the Ultimate Collaboration ToolFor security purposes, my company has a policy that does not allow uploads of any files to any file storage websites or non-company (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo) emails. However, since my clients work with Google Drive and it's essential for our projects' collaboration, I was allowed an exception to share files with my clients in their preferred method. Google Drive makes collaboration easier, and allows them to directly tag me in any parts of documents that they have questions on, allowing for a faster response time.,Collaboration - allows members of different companies to work together easily and multiple people can be accessing/editing a document at once Drafting/Automatic saving - automatic and instant saving allows the document to always be the most up-to-date version with ease Tagging others - I use this feature a lot to assign and ask questions about different portions of the documents Variety of document types - this can replace Microsoft Word,Incompatible with Microsoft documents - the formatting is not great when uploading Microsoft documents, and presentations are don't look right when downloading to view in Microsoft Powerpoint Less powerful than Microsoft - Excel ("Google Sheets") does not have all the features that Excel does, so it's not a good replacement,8,Saves time/Less time creating versions for client approval (version history),Dropbox Business and MS SharePoint,Medallia, Qualtrics,10,10Works like a charmGoogle Drive is used across the entire organization. It is the decentralized storage system where we keep all of our documents. Being cloud-based, it is great because it allows for collaboration and it allows us to work from home without needing to worry about keeping a physical hard drive. I use it personally as well since it is such a convenient product.,It's easy to use. Drag and drop functionality rocks. Works on any device. Its free!,The storage limit is low. Sharing permissions could be improved. Lacks better zipping options to make sure users can host bigger files.,9,Google Drive has saved us a lot of money by providing free storage increasing ROI. It has allowed home office policies that boost productivity. It has been good for collaboration among different offices in different countries.,10,8,Dropbox,Slack, Trello, Tableau OnlineTop choice for cloud storage, file-sharing, and doc creation/collaborationWe currently use Google Drive as our cloud storage, and we utilize and unlimited enterprise version of it. Our organization also uses Gmail for Businesses so Drive has a seamless integration and that's key. We have many Team Drives (or Shared Drives now) which prove to be extremely helpful when we have pertinent information that needs to be cordoned off from other sections of our business. Google Drive also connects/integrates with a lot of other systems that we use, like Workfront, which creates additional efficiencies. Lastly, we are able to share documents with our clients, which is especially helpful when our file sizes exceed the attachment limit for various email platforms.,Collaboration: Google Docs/Sheets/Slides allow us to collaborate across various teams, all while keeping track of changes and comments. File storage: Seamless file storage with easy upload and download. Search: We're able to organize and structure the storage of all of our files in a way that is simple to search -- which is something we've come to expect from Google. MacOS integration: The Google Drive app (previously Stream) allows us to save files directly from various programs to our instance of Drive, navigating the folder structure just like you would in Finder. It's invaluable.,Though search is such a strong point for Google, I have come across some instances of the search coming up empty, even when I type a file name in the same exact way as it appears on the actual file. This is inexplicable, and also infrequent. Personal customization would be nice in terms of visuals/branding.,10,It's hard to gauge ROI because I'm not sure how much we pay for Google Drive, but I would readily say that our ROI is quite high. Without Google Drive and the way it integrates with our other systems, work would nearly grind to a halt.,10,10,Box, Dropbox and OneDrive,Workfront, Adobe Acrobat DC, ZoomGoogle Drive Runs My LifeGoogle drive touches every aspect of my business. We use it to store files, share across teams, and to collaborate on documents. It makes sure everything is saved and in one location without having to worry if things are lost.,All files are securely backed up and you don't have to worry about things getting lost. Easily accessible across all devices. Extremely easy to collaborate and share files with other people and teammates.,Some of the "cleanup" features could be improved. It would be awesome if there were some automations that would recommend how to clean up and organize.,10,It's hard to tell, but Drive is used for serving many of our customers.,10,5,Dropbox,ActiveCampaign, Zapier, ThinkificGoogle Drive Rocks! I Can't Imagine Work Without It!Google Drive is being used across the entire organization as the primary document creation software and repository. We heavily use Google docs, slides, and sheets. It's heavily adopted due to its simple design, superior security, and great collaboration features.,Simple and easy to understand interface. Clean and elegant design. Robust document, spreadsheet, and slide capabilities. Superior collaboration features. Awesome commenting feature to drive accountability. Great security and control features.,Better charting options in Google Sheets. More options to brand Drive to be more in tune with your company's brand / aesthetic. More color options. Better project management features, similar to Asana.,10,Increased efficiency. Increased cross-functional collaboration. Better security. Faster on-boarding time for new employees.,Quip, Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Office 365,Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 365,9,10Easy to access and easy to share with Google Drive.We use this software basically for storage purposes. People from every department use this software for storing their data and access it virtually from any device at any time. It is helpful for me to sync my system and keep backing up my data from my system. And since I access that data even if I am not in my office, it increases my productivity.,Being a Google product it is very well integrated with other Google services and I can use it with my Google account. It makes sharing any data file very easy. One-click and I can share my data with my colleagues. Dashboard navigation is very easy and quick. It does not confuse users. Its offline mode helps me to work when I have no internet.,Sometimes I feel the upload speed is slightly slow even if the internet speed is fast. It does not allow users to copy folders the way they can be copied with keyboard shortcuts on computers. I am not very confident about the security which Google provides for our data. The way Google tracks users activity and provides advertisements, it's difficult to trust.,9,With the help of Google Drive, I have increased my productivity at my workplace. It helps me to back up my data for the future if I face any data loss due to system failure. It helps my team to work on a specific project from different locations by sharing and collaborating data in one place. Everyone can access the same data and make necessary changes.,9,9,Apple iCloud,Skype, PDFfiller, SendPulse, Smallpdf, Paytm, Sender.net, Microsoft Office 2016, Google Forms, Trello, ZoomInfoGoogle Drive = A+I use Google Drive regularly to save work in a safe place, and to collaborate with my coworkers. It's an easy, free way to work together without leaving our desks.,Multiple users can edit a presentation or document at once. It's free, minimalistic, and easy to learn. There's lots of storage space for no extra fees.,There's no password protection for files you share.,10,Google Drive has had a positive impact on my team's ability to work together.,10,8Google Drive for Your WorkGoogle Drive is mostly used to access our documents anywhere we can use internet. Our PCs, laptops, mobile devices etc. are devices for access our documents. We mostly keep docs in MS office format, but also Google documents format is used to edit the documents through browser. Thanks to Google Drive it is very easy for us to sync, access and share documents. Recently we upgraded to Teams Drive which allows us to store documents in central folders regardless of owner assignment. Teams Drive upgrade strictly affected document accessibility and productivity.,Google Drive has strong integration capabilities to any well known cloud solutions. Google drive is is robust. You can access your files through any device. Google Docs' collaboration features are great to compose documents together with your team members. Privileges on file sharing is easy to manage.,Drive Sync provided by Google has some draw backs. Such as no selective sync, it is required to keep the files in a specified folder etc. Number of supported file types through browser is limited. It is required to use third party integrations which brings security questions.,10,We used Google Drives' collaboration features heavily since our team is distributed geographically. Thanks to Google Docs we could prepared greatly reviewed documents. Compared to its price our benefit is huge. The big evolution came with Teams Drive. It brought us enterprise level shared drives. And our business positively affected. Our team members started to use docs and teams drive heavily. Again its price/performance rate it excellent.,OneDrive,G Suite, Slack, OneNote,10,10,22,2,File sync among devices Word together on Google Docs through collaboration Manage Business related content thanks to Teams Drive. Large File sharing with customers,The developer team developed a shared Google Docs Sheet to manage their sprints.,We may upgrade to Google Drive Enterprise version for file backup capabilities.,10,It is very easy and intuitive to start using Google Docs. The web interface is clean. File sharing is easy,If not upgraded to Teams Drive, shared file management is hard to monitor.,YesGoogle Drive - My personal and business backup solutionGoogle Drive is the preferred Cloud-based storage solution for me personally and my company"s documents, reports and etc. Through the use of Google Drive, I'm not only able to back up my company's document but I can also share and collaborate with various other stakeholders electronically and almost instantly.,Integration and back up of my data occurs seamlessly, I almost don't know Google drive is working in the background. Storage is amazing I don't believe I will ever use all of the 15GB of storage. Basically, that means I can store and save lots of stuff until their statute of limitation passed and probably still have room for lots more. Being in the cloud is a bonus. It means my data is accessible everywhere and any time once I have an Internet connection, I can take work home, share with my colleagues anywhere across the globe almost instantly. File organization or categorization is easy I can easily create folders where I can store related file for easy retrieval.,The best thing about Google drive is the cloud storage and this also happens to be its greatest weakness for without an Internet connection it is of no help at all. You can't back up, you can't share. At that point it's basically useless.,9,Excellent return on Investment. Google Drive cost me nothing except my time and even there is not an expense. It saves me money, considering I don't have to pay for this kind of storage. For a startup and a small business that means a lot.,OneDrive,LibreOffice,9,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor Third-party Reviews,I would not change anything,Back up and storage which is what I mostly use it for. It saves me the trouble of keeping hard copies of documents,none,YesReliable and TrustworthyGoogle Drive is being used across our organization in tandem with the whole Google Suite, mostly to manage Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. It allows us to collaborate on document creation online—a standard most users have come to expect—as well as have single sources of truth for each doc, etc.,Online collaboration. Management of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides. Accessible on any device.,Finding documents that have been shared with you can be a small nightmare as they tend to get lost in the ether, unless you are incredibly organized. The native desktop integration does not work as nicely as Dropbox. Sharing and permissions can be confusing because they're almost too complex.,8,I'm sure it's saved many dollars in Microsoft Office license fees. It's increased efficiency in achieving business objectives.,Dropbox and Dropbox Business,Dropbox Business, Dropbox, Zeplin, Sketch, Slack, JIRA Software, GitHub, Trello, Doodle, Okta,10,8Solid system for data collection and tracking resourcesGoogle Drive is used across the organization as a supplemental resource to the internal system. It allows different departments to view and edit common documents in real time and access them remotely.,Google Drive tracks changes in real time so documents can be quickly updated and shared.,Finding individual documents can be cumbersome, since all users are tied to the names originally given to files and the search function does not extend to the contents of each document.,7,The software allowed us to streamline several data aggregation processes and mitigated the need to schedule face to face time to speak about logistics of planning events and contacting clients.Great Product for a Sensible PriceGoogle Drive was used by my whole organization to facilitate communication and collaboration on documents and projects. More than 60 percent of employees worked remotely, including myself, so we stayed in contact often through Google Drive. The main need of our company was to be able to see real-time changes to projects or documents made by other individuals on the team, and Google Drive allows for this. One other huge benefit is that the product is free to use.,Allowed multiple collaborators to work on the same document or Excel sheet at the same time. Provided communication features such as in-document comments and messaging. Allowed individuals to see past deletions and alterations made to any documents.,Google Drive's capabilities typically function very well, unless there is a somewhat shoddy internet connection. If there is an unstable internet connection then it can take a while for changes made in the document to be saved. This may make it hard for certain individuals working remotely in areas with an occasionally unstable internet connection to be able to make or see any changes themselves.,9,Dropbox,Dropbox,Implemented in-house,Change management was minimal,I was not here when my company first started using google drive, but I'm fairly sure that there were not many issues implementing it.,8,5
Google Drive

Google Drive Reviews

Google Drive

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 3213 vetted Google Drive reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Mandy Cramer profile photo
August 15, 2019

Collaborate with your team to get the job done!

• Allows team members to access, add or edit files in real-time.
  • Allows me to share spreadsheets and files with non-team members.
  • It is very easy to use and I love that it integrates directly to the computer so I don't have to upload and download files constantly.
  • The branding isn't my favorite for Google Drive.
  • It isn't as easy to use as Dropbox.
  • If a file is deleted from one location, it's permanently gone from all locations.
Google Drive is perfect for team projects and as a cloud if you want to access your files from any computer or device. You do have to make sure to sign in to your account to access if the device you're on doesn't have the app downloaded to it. I wouldn't suggest using Google Drive if you're not on one of your main devices (i.e. on a public computer).
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Joshua Melder profile photo
August 19, 2019

Google Drive Offers A Comprehensive Cloud-Based Storage Platform Fit to Scale

• Document Storage: Drive enables users to store a high volume of varying types of documents. The storage limits are also extremely useful for large-sized files.
  • Global Access: Drive enables users to access their saved documents anywhere with an internet connection. This improves overall throughput and accessibility.
  • Permissions: Drive allows the owner of documents to share content with others in a variety of ways. This enables a largely collaborative platform.
  • Drive is expensive for the amount of storage included within the price.
  • File navigation has room for improvement - as it can sometimes be difficult to tell between documents shared with you and user-created ones.
  • Working with Drive is most ideal when all parties also have access to Drive. Functionality is lost if a user is not logged in.
Google Drive is extremely well-suited for a collaborative workforce. It is extremely valuable for those who work in administrative roles who would benefit by having mobile access to their stored documents. For example, Drive is extremely well-suited for individuals within sales who often travel from their home base location. The ability to store their documents in the cloud - in order to access them from anywhere is extremely valuable. Google Drive may be less suited for individuals who travel less - or even those who work within the manufacturing world (on the floor). However, Drive has the ability to benefit everyone due to the accessible nature of the platform.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Laurance J. Specht profile photo
August 17, 2019

Go with Google Drive

• Easy of use
  • Accessibility
  • Stability
  • Features
  • UX/UI could be improved.
  • The functionality of tools could be enhanced.
  • Increase individual storage capacity.
Google Drive is suitable for any organization that is looking for a good, easy to use tool for storage, sharing, and collaboration across an organization that is spread apart. Being able to respond to a request for items or edit while on the go is great. Easy to set up retention policies makes it ease to main organizational history.
Read Laurance J. Specht's full review
Carlos Eduardo de Souza profile photo

Integrates with almost anything

• Data storage
  • Data management and organization
  • Sharing (colleagues and stakeholders)
  • Drive filestream doesn't show what's is shared with you, so it's not that clear how to use it.
  • How things are managed inside an organisation could be improved. There's no folder for the entire group (at least in our plan), but something created by someone that is shared with specific people.
  • It's expensive for what it offers in terms of storage
It's great for a group of people working together remotely or in cases that you need to share assets with clients or stakeholders. You can create documents, collaborate, and comment, and it even has a history revision so you can see who, what was changed and when it happened. Very useful!
Read Carlos Eduardo de Souza's full review
Kaleb-John Loo profile photo
August 13, 2019

Cloud storage at a great price

• Free account.
  • Variety of file storage.
  • Preview and editing.
  • File sharing.
  • Need a Google Account to get 16 GB of storage.
  • Sometimes difficult to find what is using space.
  • Deleting shared files sometimes does not remove them.
Google Drive is useful for quickly saving a file that you need access to from anywhere. It also is useful when you want to share files with an audience as anyone can view them and you can set permissions per file. Google Drive also makes it easy to do a pseudo transfer of files from a mobile device to a computer or vice-versa, you just need to save the file to the Google Drive and then open it on the other device. For enterprise solutions, however, Google Drive is not the right tool unless you are willing to pay for more storage.
Read Kaleb-John Loo's full review
Brett Knighton profile photo
August 13, 2019

Another great service offered by Google

• Easy to collaborate.
  • Works seamlessly with other Google products.
  • Integrates with many 3rd party options.
  • As a file storage service, I really don't have any complaints.
  • Ideally, all participants on a collaborating document need a Google account. For example, if I'm sharing a document with a customer they need a Google account to get the full benefit.
  • I wouldn't recommend using Google Drive to store large files. For personal photos, it's a decent offering. For an organization that wants to store lots of large video files, it would be a lot more expensive than other solutions.
Google Drive works really well for file storage sharing and collaboration. Being able to use forms with results stored to drive is also incredibly useful. The non-profit I work with uses the forms feature to gather applications for humanitarian expeditions. Since the information is all saved to Drive it will be there as a historical record compiled in a single place forever.
Read Brett Knighton's full review
Alex Varney profile photo
August 11, 2019

• Real-time sharing and document collaboration.
  • It's intuitive and easy to use.
  • It has the ability to take Microsoft office suite documents created offline and convert them to cloud versions that can be edited collaboratively.
  • File navigation can be confusing, especially with documents that have been shared with you vs ones in your own drive.
It's easy to integrate with all other Google products that most people are already using, or if colleagues in different offices or multiple colleagues in the same office need to access and edit a document at the same time. Documents can be uploaded and shared with people even if they don't have Google Drive installed and can be set as read-only.
Read Alex Varney's full review
Chris Hecox profile photo

Review of Google Drive

• Google Drive does a good job of organization and creating folder structures. It's easy for me to duplicate files as well, especially when I have pre-made templates.
  • Drive makes it fairly easy to send files to people, though, jury's out on whether it's the best for being the vehicle for clients to view documents from.
  • Google Drive has lots of space for me, and if I needed to, I could easily upgrade for more space.
  • I don't think Google has done a good job of making sharing files easy. There's always an issue with whether or not one of my clients has to sign in with their own personal account, especially if their company doesn't have a Gmail or G Suite.
  • I've had issues downloading from Google Drive before, but this is typically working with huge file sizes. I've had timeouts and other things, though these might be my internet connection.
Google Drive is great as a free tool, especially with the huge amount of space you start with. It's also great for local file storage, specifically if you work with a lot of word processor files. If you are trying to house tons of folders full of footage or art files, you'll need to consider upgrading.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Matt Graf profile photo
August 10, 2019

Google Drive is great for sharing files!

• Google Drive is very easy to use.
  • Google Drive is very quick and efficient.
  • Google Drive makes sharing files simple.
  • It would be nice to get more storage with the free version.
  • Nothing else comes to mind, it is great!
I would say that any person who needs to store or share files quickly and easily would benefit from using Google Drive. It is so simple and quick that it makes no sense to not try it out. It is convenient in every sense of the word and we wouldn't dream of going without it.
Read Matt Graf's full review
James Michael Wood profile photo
August 04, 2019

• You can connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. You can also upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel, presentations, photos, videos, music, among other types of files
  • Editing files with Drive is also better when working mainly online. When you edit a document in Google Docs or answer emails in Gmail, you can easily take files from your Google Drive storage and use them directly without having to load anything.
  • Google Drive updates all your items automatically, which means that you are continually improving your options. As for the organization of the files, you can create folders to keep the documents organized.
  • Google Drive Should have security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users.
  • It is necessary to have an Internet connection, otherwise we can not access our files because they are in the cloud.
  • The version of the mobile application is easy to use, but I think it lacks enough features compared to the website version.
Google Drive adapts excellently in the company because it allows users to connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. In addition you can upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel and presentations.
Where software is less appropriate is in the application for mobile devices that has a deficit in some functions.
Read James Michael Wood's full review
Mohammad Aminul Islam profile photo

Google Drive makes collaboration easy

• Easy to collaborate with different people.
  • Tracking and notification of all documents.
  • Easy storage and access to documents and files.
  • Problems with integration when downloading large files.
  • Shared contents are not well protected with the password system.
  • Internet connection is required to access documents.
Google Drive is well suited when working on projects with collaboration. Multiple people can share and update documents simultaneously. The document will be safe and stored in cloud storage. A document can be stored in Google Drive regardless of its type or size.
Read Mohammad Aminul Islam's full review
Adriano Rosa profile photo
July 12, 2019

Much more than just a cloud based storage

• Allows us to share files, documents, from any device from anywhere, with internet connection.
  • Excellent productivity and suite collaboration.
  • Includes desktop to desktop file syncing.
  • Privacy is a concern, because Google collects other information from your online activity to serve targeted ads.
  • Productivity software less capable than MS Office.
  • Should implement password protection for shared files.
Google Drive is very useful for any kind of organization. It is one of the slickest and fullest featured, and most generous cloud storage. If you need syncing services, it has excellent productivity suite collaboration capabilities. Furthermore, Google Drive is really impressive in how it can store, back up, create and even edit files, also it is affordable.
Read Adriano Rosa's full review
Mayur Shewale profile photo
February 27, 2019

• Good syncing capabilities
  • Easy-to-use features and tools
  • User-friendly UI
  • Google Drive needs more tools and features to be added for more customization.
  • User Interface can be made more appealing to the users.
  • It takes time to work in a slow internet connection.
  • Sometimes, uploading and downloading speeds lag behind
Well suited scenarios: Sharing capabilities: I have used its sharing feature to share my files with colleagues. With a simple click, one can instantly share files. There is a very interesting feature that lets you set permissions where your colleagues or friends can either view, edit, comment on your stuff.
Open discussion: This feature makes seamless collaboration with open discussions; one can create or reply to comments directly on files to get feedback.

Less appropriate: If you are dealing with a very confidential matter or data, then in such cases the security is a prime issue while using Google Drive. A person can easily access your drive data with your email or password.
Read Mayur Shewale's full review
May 20, 2019

Google Drive is the Ultimate Collaboration Tool

• Collaboration - allows members of different companies to work together easily and multiple people can be accessing/editing a document at once
  • Drafting/Automatic saving - automatic and instant saving allows the document to always be the most up-to-date version with ease
  • Tagging others - I use this feature a lot to assign and ask questions about different portions of the documents
  • Variety of document types - this can replace Microsoft Word
  • Incompatible with Microsoft documents - the formatting is not great when uploading Microsoft documents, and presentations are don't look right when downloading to view in Microsoft Powerpoint
  • Less powerful than Microsoft - Excel ("Google Sheets") does not have all the features that Excel does, so it's not a good replacement
Google Drive is best suited for workplaces that encourage a lot of collaboration and need a free and easy tool to handle that. I team with my clients at different companies, so it's the perfect way for us to work together without physically being together. It's also great for storing personal documents, but I can see how uploading files to the drive can be a security risk to companies if employees are uploading sensitive information to the cloud.

Works like a charm

• It's easy to use. Drag and drop functionality rocks.
  • Works on any device.
  • Its free!
  • The storage limit is low.
  • Sharing permissions could be improved.
  • Lacks better zipping options to make sure users can host bigger files.
Google Drive is a great tool. It is strongly recommended across all projects. For bigger companies, the product may not be complex enough in terms of sharing restrictions but the functionality is the best among all other cloud storage providers. It integrates perfectly with the rest of Google's suite of products.
August 11, 2019

Top choice for cloud storage, file-sharing, and doc creation/collaboration

• Collaboration: Google Docs/Sheets/Slides allow us to collaborate across various teams, all while keeping track of changes and comments.
  • File storage: Seamless file storage with easy upload and download.
  • Search: We're able to organize and structure the storage of all of our files in a way that is simple to search -- which is something we've come to expect from Google.
  • MacOS integration: The Google Drive app (previously Stream) allows us to save files directly from various programs to our instance of Drive, navigating the folder structure just like you would in Finder. It's invaluable.
  • Though search is such a strong point for Google, I have come across some instances of the search coming up empty, even when I type a file name in the same exact way as it appears on the actual file. This is inexplicable, and also infrequent.
  • Personal customization would be nice in terms of visuals/branding.
The perfect situation to utilize Google Drive is when you and colleagues all use Gmail and all need to collaborate on various documents and have access to a large amount of files without sending via email. Being able to collaborate and contribute to a document across teams is incredibly helpful and far more efficient that having to work out of Word docs, save, resave, etc. This is clearly the way because now Microsoft supports some of this function as well.

Google Drive Runs My Life

• All files are securely backed up and you don't have to worry about things getting lost.
  • Easily accessible across all devices.
  • Extremely easy to collaborate and share files with other people and teammates.
  • Some of the "cleanup" features could be improved. It would be awesome if there were some automations that would recommend how to clean up and organize.
Dropbox is appropriate for any team looking to make sure all of their content and work is in one easy spot.
June 22, 2019

Google Drive Rocks! I Can't Imagine Work Without It!

• Simple and easy to understand interface.
  • Clean and elegant design.
  • Robust document, spreadsheet, and slide capabilities.
  • Superior collaboration features.
  • Awesome commenting feature to drive accountability.
  • Great security and control features.
  • Better charting options in Google Sheets.
  • More options to brand Drive to be more in tune with your company's brand / aesthetic.
  • More color options.
  • Better project management features, similar to Asana.
Google Drive is absolutely well-suited for growing organizations who want an affordable yet robust and secure company-wide solution for all their document needs. The collaboration features really can't be beat compared to what I have seen elsewhere in the market. Google Sheets continues to improve materially -- a few years ago I thought it was unusable due to the lack of formulas and speed, but it has really taken major steps as a strong alternative to Microsoft Excel.
August 13, 2019

Easy to access and easy to share with Google Drive.

• Being a Google product it is very well integrated with other Google services and I can use it with my Google account.
  • It makes sharing any data file very easy. One-click and I can share my data with my colleagues.
  • Dashboard navigation is very easy and quick. It does not confuse users.
  • Its offline mode helps me to work when I have no internet.
  • Sometimes I feel the upload speed is slightly slow even if the internet speed is fast.
  • It does not allow users to copy folders the way they can be copied with keyboard shortcuts on computers.
  • I am not very confident about the security which Google provides for our data. The way Google tracks users activity and provides advertisements, it's difficult to trust.
This software is very good at backing up system data. By doing this I save my important data and I can access that data from anywhere and on any device by logging in to this software. I share my important files with my colleagues through this software. After uploading my files on this software I share links of it to my colleagues and they easily access those files.

Google Drive = A+

• Multiple users can edit a presentation or document at once.
  • It's free, minimalistic, and easy to learn.
  • There's lots of storage space for no extra fees.
  • There's no password protection for files you share.
Google Drive is well-suited for any personal or group project that requires collaboration, or if you need to access the document or project through another computer. You can also easily send projects to others to view or to edit.
March 21, 2019

Google Drive for Your Work

• Google Drive has strong integration capabilities to any well known cloud solutions.
  • Google drive is is robust. You can access your files through any device.
  • Google Docs' collaboration features are great to compose documents together with your team members.
  • Privileges on file sharing is easy to manage.
  • Drive Sync provided by Google has some draw backs. Such as no selective sync, it is required to keep the files in a specified folder etc.
  • Number of supported file types through browser is limited. It is required to use third party integrations which brings security questions.
Google Drive is excellent for personal use, collaboration platform, file sync and access.
Google drive is not recommended it self, if team work is required. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to Google Teams Drive. Without upgrading to Teams drive it is still possible to share files with team members, but in this case if the sharing employee leaves the company file management becomes hard.
March 18, 2019

Google Drive - My personal and business backup solution

• Integration and back up of my data occurs seamlessly, I almost don't know Google drive is working in the background.
  • Storage is amazing I don't believe I will ever use all of the 15GB of storage. Basically, that means I can store and save lots of stuff until their statute of limitation passed and probably still have room for lots more.
  • Being in the cloud is a bonus. It means my data is accessible everywhere and any time once I have an Internet connection, I can take work home, share with my colleagues anywhere across the globe almost instantly.
  • File organization or categorization is easy I can easily create folders where I can store related file for easy retrieval.
  • The best thing about Google drive is the cloud storage and this also happens to be its greatest weakness for without an Internet connection it is of no help at all. You can't back up, you can't share. At that point it's basically useless.
Whether for personal, business or a student I believe Google Drive is the best option available for data storage and collaboration. There are free solutions offered by this service and it can easily be integrated on the desktop or your mobile using the app. As mentioned before Google Drive is the main (cloud-based) backup and storage solution used by me personally and my business.
February 26, 2019

Reliable and Trustworthy

• Online collaboration.
  • Management of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
  • Accessible on any device.
  • Finding documents that have been shared with you can be a small nightmare as they tend to get lost in the ether, unless you are incredibly organized.
  • The native desktop integration does not work as nicely as Dropbox.
  • Sharing and permissions can be confusing because they're almost too complex.
Well suited to companies of any size that need to collaborate on documents online, especially if it's just being used for loose documents rather than the management of an entire company's files. Less suited to managing files that aren't Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets, as desktop integration is fickle. Also less suitable for a company not using Google-based emails.
March 18, 2019

Solid system for data collection and tracking resources

• Google Drive tracks changes in real time so documents can be quickly updated and shared.
  • Finding individual documents can be cumbersome, since all users are tied to the names originally given to files and the search function does not extend to the contents of each document.
Google Drive is well-suited to situations where users need to pass off documents to one another concurrently, but not when multiple users need to access the document and make changes at the same time.
Elizabeth Sullivan-Hasson profile photo
December 13, 2018

Great Product for a Sensible Price

• Allowed multiple collaborators to work on the same document or Excel sheet at the same time.
  • Provided communication features such as in-document comments and messaging.
  • Allowed individuals to see past deletions and alterations made to any documents.
  • Google Drive's capabilities typically function very well, unless there is a somewhat shoddy internet connection. If there is an unstable internet connection then it can take a while for changes made in the document to be saved. This may make it hard for certain individuals working remotely in areas with an occasionally unstable internet connection to be able to make or see any changes themselves.
Google Drive is very well suited for businesses or organizations of any size that collaborate on projects frequently, or have material that needs to be stored and easily accessed by everyone at the company. It is especially useful for small teams that are editing or creating documents together as it allows each team member to see any changes made and post comments directly in the document when there is a misunderstanding.
Read Elizabeth Sullivan-Hasson's full review

9.6
Access control (105)
File search (106)
Device sync (99)
User and role management (99)
File organization (103)