Google Drive Reviews

Jose F. Gomez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Today's businesses run on Google Drive

We use Google Drive to store, maintain and share documentation about our department's processes and projects. It's essential to our business model because it narrows the communication and expectation setting gap with our teams and our customers.

With it, we can share project documentation and keep traceability of updates and with its powerful scripting engine, we can make some amazing spreadsheets that pull data from various sources to keep people up to date with company/project metrics.
  • Sharing documents/spreadsheets/presentations with other people.
  • Macros in spreadsheets/scripting.
  • Performance of complex spreadsheets could be better, it's still slower than MS Excel in some cases
  • No/limited VB macro compatibility
  • It's great for building presentations, documents or spreadsheets collaboratively.
  • Scripting enables more functionality than expected, including accessing data from sources external to Google Drive and scheduling recurrent jobs.
  • Sharing documents and information across different teams is easy, keeping all in sync it's even easier.
  • It can use in scenarios where a peer review is needed as well, making it an excellent tool for audits/revisions.
Read Jose F. Gomez's full review
Elizabeth Sullivan-Hasson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great Product for a Sensible Price

Google Drive was used by my whole organization to facilitate communication and collaboration on documents and projects. More than 60 percent of employees worked remotely, including myself, so we stayed in contact often through Google Drive. The main need of our company was to be able to see real-time changes to projects or documents made by other individuals on the team, and Google Drive allows for this. One other huge benefit is that the product is free to use.
  • Allowed multiple collaborators to work on the same document or Excel sheet at the same time.
  • Provided communication features such as in-document comments and messaging.
  • Allowed individuals to see past deletions and alterations made to any documents.
  • Google Drive's capabilities typically function very well, unless there is a somewhat shoddy internet connection. If there is an unstable internet connection then it can take a while for changes made in the document to be saved. This may make it hard for certain individuals working remotely in areas with an occasionally unstable internet connection to be able to make or see any changes themselves.
Google Drive is very well suited for businesses or organizations of any size that collaborate on projects frequently, or have material that needs to be stored and easily accessed by everyone at the company. It is especially useful for small teams that are editing or creating documents together as it allows each team member to see any changes made and post comments directly in the document when there is a misunderstanding.
Read Elizabeth Sullivan-Hasson's full review
Gun Ayhan | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 16, 2020

Outstanding performance and reliable.

We use Google Drive both personally and company-wide. Compared to its competitors, it stands out with its high performance and Google assurance difference. It is easy to use and accessible from anywhere at any time.
  • Accessible from anywhere
  • High performance
  • It is under the guarantee of Google.
  • Occasional network problems
Since Google Drive is accessible from anywhere at any time, we can access the files immediately so that we can complete the work to be done at the highest level and quickly.
Read Gun Ayhan's full review
Cheryl Ligon | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

The best application!

Google Drive has been an invaluable resource to my professional career. It allows me to securely store, access, and share documents, photos, spreadsheets, videos reliably, quickly, and from anywhere in the world. My educational experience only improved with its development and I believe it will positively impact my future career as a dental practice/ small business owner.
  • User friendly
  • Reliable
  • Making organization suggestions to the user
  • Search within PDF documents in case something isn't labeled/named correctly
Scenarios where Google Drive is well-suited include for high school & college students, professional students, young professionals, business owners, parents, grandparents, teachers, researchers... basically any person over the age of 13.
It is less appropriate for people are not interested in saving space and decluttering their life of paper documents and for children who don't have things they really need to save.
Read Cheryl Ligon's full review
Doug Harrison | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

GOOGLE DRIVES US

We are a cloud-based organization and we share documents across the entire organization. With members working offsite, it's a perfect tool for keeping/organizing and team collaboration.
  • Real-time access/editing/adding files with full team collaboration
  • REALLLY easy to use & connects perfectly to our g-suite of software
  • If a file is deleted - it's gone forever - no backup
  • File navigation could be improved
Perfect if you do not have internal office servers and for cloud-based companies. Would recommend for sharing and updating documents across team members vs storage. Great for everyday use, in and out of the office setting
Read Doug Harrison's full review
Tanish Pruthi | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2019

Google Drive: Our Organization's Favorite Storage & Collaboration Tool.

We use Google Drive so much that If Google Drive did not exist in the organization, we would be roaming around the office constantly with pen drives and CDs.

We use Google Drive for many purposes. When I was in the marketing department, I was on the testimonial gathering team where our job was to travel to the client's office in another state and record them. As soon as the shoot used was completed, the first thing we used to do was back up all of our data on the drive. It's only after backing up the data that we used to declare the trip a success. In my current role, we use Google Drive to store multiple documents that many people collaborate on.
  • No matter the internet connection, the upload and download speeds are invariably stupendous. It's like copying a file within the computer only. No file size feels formidable for it.
  • I really like the drag and drop feature used to upload files. Also, the feature where you can create an offline folder on your desktop which automatically syncs all the files is simply brilliant. I don't always have to visit the website to make the changes.
  • I think the interface could be updated. As soon as I open the window, I am invariably inundated by the number of files that are displayed. The view could have been structured better. A dark theme would also help.
  • I don't like how every doc file that I view automatically appears in my Drive. It would be much better if the 2 views are separated, one for the folders and files I manually uploaded and the other which I viewed on Docs.
Google Drive should be used by teams and departments in organizations that want to collaborate on the same files. Also, if you are a G Suite user, you definitely need to check it out. I love how there is a Google Drive app for every major operating system/ecosystem. If I am away from my laptop and have to quickly access a file, I do so on my mobile. The interface is quite beautiful and intuitive on the mobile ecosystem. I also think that the default storage space that they prove is more than sufficient.
Read Tanish Pruthi's full review
May 06, 2020

Easy to access and easy to share with Google Drive.

We use this software basically for storage purposes. People from every department use this software for storing their data and access it virtually from any device at any time. It is helpful for me to sync my system and keep backing up my data from my system. And since I access that data even if I am not in my office, it increases my productivity.
  • Being a Google product it is very well integrated with other Google services and I can use it with my Google account.
  • It makes sharing any data file very easy. One-click and I can share my data with my colleagues.
  • Dashboard navigation is very easy and quick. It does not confuse users.
  • Its offline mode helps me to work when I have no internet.
  • Sometimes I feel the upload speed is slightly slow even if the internet speed is fast.
  • It does not allow users to copy folders the way they can be copied with keyboard shortcuts on computers.
  • I am not very confident about the security which Google provides for our data. The way Google tracks users activity and provides advertisements, it's difficult to trust.
This software is very good at backing up system data. By doing this I save my important data and I can access that data from anywhere and on any device by logging in to this software. I share my important files with my colleagues through this software. After uploading my files on this software I share links of it to my colleagues and they easily access those files.
January 09, 2020

User friendly and secured virtual space for all important data.

I am using it in the sales department. It is very useful to store important data. In my Real Estate company I need to maintain my clients' important data. It is very important for me to keep all the property related documents securely. So I manage all my clients' property documents in Google Drive. It is very easy and systematic to keep those documents in Google Drive.
  • It is a virtual storage space. So I can access it anywhere and at any time.
  • It has the capacity to store large data.
  • It helps to share data with my people by a link only.
  • Its criteria of collecting personal information for streamlining better user experience.
  • It's good to have one account for using multiple products of Google but at the same time it's risky also. If I compromised that account, I'd be compromising my Google Drive data also.
  • They should give more space. 15GB is too little when it is associated with a Gmail account also.
It is well suited when I travel. I don't need to keep any physical drive to carry my data or important documents. I can access my documents anywhere and at anytime. I access everything in my smartphone only.
May 04, 2020

Google Drive is my first choice when working at home

Last month, I had to use Google Drive for our design team when we needed to work at home due to the Covid-19 pandemic issue. I used it to sync our projects from the server in our company. I experienced Google Drive for years, therefore I prefer to use it for our team because it is free, fast, and extremely convenient, although our internet was too slow. Yet, we had some problems with Google Drive since it automatically created conflict files whenever there was more than one person using it at the same time without any warning.
  • Multi sync for many people at the same time.
  • Free to use with up to 15GB.
  • Fast and convenient.
  • Update in real time.
  • Should have warning whenever there is more than one person using a file at the same time.
I think we can use Google Drive for learning languages, storage files to work with our colleagues, sending files to our clients, creating surveys for marketing online and much more.
April 13, 2020

The Primary DRIVER for meeting your professional and personal storage requirements is Google DRIVE.

My organisation does not use it but I have personally used it so frequently.
  • It gives 15GB space for meeting our cloud storage requirements.
  • Integration with other Google platform apps.
  • Scanning documents and ability to work offline.
  • Download and upload speeds are slower at times. When the traffic in server is too much.
  • File size limitation are there, any images embedded in other documents cannot exceed 2 MB.
Google Drive is more appropriate in conditions where less physical storage hardware is available, but has good internet connection. It will suit well for remote working conditions. It will have little less suitability for storing highly confidential files, proprietary documents, etc.
December 18, 2019

Best-In-Class Industry Leader for Everyday File Storage

Google Drive was used as the de facto file storage solution at bepress. It was assumed that documents would be housed there as the free and ubiquitous solution, and I loved how new employees would invariably start with some degree of expertise given the wide use of Google Drive in everyone's personal lives. There is simply no rivalling its functionality, integrations, clean + intuitive design, and wide use outside of the office, especially in a free product.
  • Facilitates full integration into the G-Suite of apps
  • Employees often already know how to use it upon hire
  • Since it is so ubiquitous, and doesn't provide enhanced security, not recommended for extremely high-importance legal documents
  • Does 'lock you in' to Google suite... but it's so far superior to Microsoft that this is hardly a drawback
Google Drive is great for everyday use, in and out of the office setting. I've been using it for years in my personal life and recommend it highly for that context, but also prefer it as the easiest and most commonly used storage solution for business. Access controls are straightforward, links are persistent, navigation is a breeze, and it looks and feels 100% professional quality.
April 06, 2020

Solid system for data collection and tracking resources

Google Drive is used across the organization as a supplemental resource to the internal system. It allows different departments to view and edit common documents in real time and access them remotely.
  • Google Drive tracks changes in real time so documents can be quickly updated and shared.
  • Finding individual documents can be cumbersome, since all users are tied to the names originally given to files and the search function does not extend to the contents of each document.
Google Drive is well-suited to situations where users need to pass off documents to one another concurrently, but not when multiple users need to access the document and make changes at the same time.
December 06, 2019

Great software to store, access and share documents

It's mainly used to store and retrieve documents, and share them with peers and get them reviewed. It's used by the whole organization. Very convenient to store the employee documents in an organized way.
  • Easy to upload and download documents to the drive.
  • Share the documents with other peers.
  • Ability to access them from any place.
  • Easy to organize the documents and maintain them.
  • Upload and download speed can be improved.
  • UI can be improved a little better.
  • Free storage space can be increased.
  • Search functionality for records can be improved.
If the size of the document is too big or if there are a large number of documents to share via email, then Google Drive can be used as a source for sharing.
December 04, 2019

Google - Driving success

Department use - used as a backup to Office 365 for mission-critical docs and spreadsheet applications. This helps us to address the business need to have redundant cloud-based file storage in a well managed and robust environment.
  • Seamless, it just works.
  • Highly reliable.
  • Good cross integration of Sheets with Excel, just upload and go!
  • Intuitive interface and plenty of options on access/permissions visibility.
  • A few niggling differences between Office and Google platforms that take a while to get used to...but hardly a deal breaker!
  • There were elements of the ITSecurity that took our team a while to get comfortable with, but once there we were sure it was robust.
Google Drive is well suited for businesses with flexible needs who just need something that "works" out of the box. Tight integration with other Google products like Hangouts and Gmail.
March 27, 2020

Google Drive is very good ROI!

Google drive is being used in my organization as a cloud base product that allows my teammates and managers to share documents and files with each other. Because Google Drive is cloud based, it allows the employees from my organization to access documents and files from anywhere. This allows flexibility for those that work remotely and are not in the office.
  • Inexpensive
  • User friendly
  • Accessible
  • More storage
  • Password protected files
Google Drive is perfect for organizations that have a fear of losing important documents if their system were to crash. Because Google Drive is cloud base, the files and documents that are uploaded onto Google Drive are saved and protected. This gives organizations peace of mind when it comes to having fear of losing important documents.
December 11, 2019

Go Google, Be on Cloud!

Our company has switched to Google for its products. We use Google Drive for creating, managing and storing all our documents, sheets and presentations. It's low cost and we are provided with unlimited storage. It is being used across the whole organization.
  • Unlimited storage for our company
  • Access files from anywhere
  • Difficult to structure files as we do on Desktop
  • Less storage for personal accounts
I think its very well suited for all organizations that want unlimited storage space and easy sharing of files between individuals and teams. You can provide less hard disk space on laptops which minimizes cost.
Mandy Cramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 15, 2019

Collaborate with your team to get the job done!

We use Google Drive to store files for easy access for all the sales team and accountants. This helps us keep track of invoices we owe money on as well as invoices we have billed to clients. We also use Google Drive to keep track of PODs when a delivery has been made. Our scanner can also directly upload files to Google Drive making it easy for us all to work remotely. For example, I live in Washington State, but my boss lives in Houston and his sales team are located in Houston, El Paso, and Mexico.
  • Allows team members to access, add or edit files in real-time.
  • Allows me to share spreadsheets and files with non-team members.
  • It is very easy to use and I love that it integrates directly to the computer so I don't have to upload and download files constantly.
  • The branding isn't my favorite for Google Drive.
  • It isn't as easy to use as Dropbox.
  • If a file is deleted from one location, it's permanently gone from all locations.
Google Drive is perfect for team projects and as a cloud if you want to access your files from any computer or device. You do have to make sure to sign in to your account to access if the device you're on doesn't have the app downloaded to it. I wouldn't suggest using Google Drive if you're not on one of your main devices (i.e. on a public computer).
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Jayelynn Willman | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 22, 2019

Convenient and Free

Google Drive allows our Management and Sales Team to organize, share, and edit documents with each other. You can create folders, hold a variety of document types, and have 15GB of free storage. After that you can purchase more storage starting at $1.99/month. I've been using it for several years now and haven't had to upgrade. You can access the drive from any laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Converting documents to PDF's is extremely simple as well. You can email, text, or print documents from a device with ease. It's a free, simple, and easy way to communicate, share documents, etc.
  • Email, text, and print documents effortlessly.
  • Easily create folders and organize documents within the Drive.
  • Set a security level that you're comfortable with before sharing documents with co-workers for viewing, editing, or commenting.
  • Depending on the internet connection or if you forget to close out from one device before opening it on another, some edits may not be saved.
Most companies are operating off Google based emails, plus Google Business is on the rise so using Google Drive is easy, efficient, and practical. When I'm in meetings at our brewery, I can easily access the drive from my phone, edit our taplist, and text it over to our bartender for printing. If an account comes into the taproom interesting in kegs, I can easily access our sales sheets from my phone and print them on the spot even if I don't have my laptop.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
Matt Emge | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Best Office Productivity Suite for My Needs

We use Google Drive in our QA department to maintain test documentation, test scenarios, test cases, user stories, test results and site analytics. I use Google Drive to write presentation outlines and to create slide presentations. I have also used forms to create a mock quick guide to be used for practicing for certification exams.
  • It has a simple UI where all the features are easy to find.
  • It's intuitive enough that I can learn almost anything without needing to look at the documentation.
  • It's designed without clutter and is always easy to use.
  • It makes it so easy to create, edit, share and collaborate on all kinds of docs.
  • When deleting a doc, I'd rather be returned to the parent folder than be given a pop-up notice.
  • Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm working on a separate copy of a doc or the original located in a different place.
It's perfect for quickly creating beautiful content and sharing it out with different access levels for different people. Its simplicity makes it my go-to and it can always do everything I want in a doc, spreadsheet or slide presentation.
Read Matt Emge's full review
Oral Tosun | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 08, 2019

Google Drive is a perfect match for multi-app storage solution.

Google Drive has been used by my small company for years. It helps a lot when thinking of automating some tedious jobs like logging phone numbers in a spreadsheet, keeping customer contact details up to date, etc. I use Google Drive, Google Docs, and some third-party apps in conjunction. In fact, I solve multiple business problems with it. For instance, I scan every document via its built-in document scanner on my Android device. This allows me to secure my important documents after giving them to my accountant.
  • Google Drive is a safe place. You could save your phone contacts, passwords, or any other important personal data to it. You have control all over them.
  • Google Drive has integration with many other apps. This makes it a viable product. No business use a single app today. All businesses need multiple app supports for their operations.
  • Its user interface is really clean and understandable. Besides, you could easily switch between your other Google Drive storages. I use both the paid and free version of it. This functionality enabled me not to buy extra storage areas. The available gigabytes on both versions are enough for my business.
  • I use both the free and paid version of it. It is better to have more storage area on the paid version.
Google Drive is a secure place to store your data. It synchronizes your folders flawlessly. Google Drive has integrations with other useful Google apps like Google Keep, Sheets, and Forms. Google Drive also has integrations with other useful third-party apps like IFFFT. Thus, you could program it as you wish. For example, you could record your phone call logs in a folder on Google Drive.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
Daniel Quinn | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 30, 2019

Google Drive - Why it remains my favourite sharing and collaboration tool

We use Google Drive as a team to share files across the country between internal and external parties. Care does have to be taken not to share commercially sensitive data occasion, so the secure sharing settings are important to us.

The main functionality that is in use at the moment is the ability to collaborate on shared documents, particularly schedules that we are all working from.
  • Sharing files and folders
  • The integration between Drive and the other Google products (Sheets, Docs etc)
  • The amount of free storage
  • Desktop application could be better integrated into the Windows environment
  • Increased functionality on the iPad app
  • Choice on video data rates when uploading
Any time file-sharing or collaboration is required, Google Drive is a must. It is, however, easy to share files inadvertently with people that should not necessarily be allowed access. Potentially could use more warning about the fact that an open file link is 100% viewable by anyone, therefore rendering it completely open if a third party shares it with anyone else.
Read Daniel Quinn's full review
Joshua Melder | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 19, 2019

Google Drive Offers A Comprehensive Cloud-Based Storage Platform Fit to Scale

Google Drive is one of the primary cloud storage tools that our organization uses. Drive is an incredible resource that enables employees to store important documents in the cloud and access them from locations across the world. The benefit of this cannot be understated - as this feature increases communication, collaboration, and productivity across the workforce. Furthermore, if paired with other Google applications, Drive contributes to a collaborative experience where multiple users can work on documents at the same time. Drive is used in most administrative areas of our organization and it has definitely helped the workforce feel more prepared to tackle modern business challenges.
  • Document Storage: Drive enables users to store a high volume of varying types of documents. The storage limits are also extremely useful for large-sized files.
  • Global Access: Drive enables users to access their saved documents anywhere with an internet connection. This improves overall throughput and accessibility.
  • Permissions: Drive allows the owner of documents to share content with others in a variety of ways. This enables a largely collaborative platform.
  • Drive is expensive for the amount of storage included within the price.
  • File navigation has room for improvement - as it can sometimes be difficult to tell between documents shared with you and user-created ones.
  • Working with Drive is most ideal when all parties also have access to Drive. Functionality is lost if a user is not logged in.
Google Drive is extremely well-suited for a collaborative workforce. It is extremely valuable for those who work in administrative roles who would benefit by having mobile access to their stored documents. For example, Drive is extremely well-suited for individuals within sales who often travel from their home base location. The ability to store their documents in the cloud - in order to access them from anywhere is extremely valuable. Google Drive may be less suited for individuals who travel less - or even those who work within the manufacturing world (on the floor). However, Drive has the ability to benefit everyone due to the accessible nature of the platform.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Laurance J. Specht | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 17, 2019

Go with Google Drive

Google Drive is the primary storage, sharing and collaboration tool for our entire organization. It has a high level of stability, accessibility, and ease of use. The ability to manage permissions and access makes it secure and support from Google is excellent. Being able to have tools to work and collaborate anywhere on any devices is important.
  • Easy of use
  • Accessibility
  • Stability
  • Features
  • UX/UI could be improved.
  • The functionality of tools could be enhanced.
  • Increase individual storage capacity.
Google Drive is suitable for any organization that is looking for a good, easy to use tool for storage, sharing, and collaboration across an organization that is spread apart. Being able to respond to a request for items or edit while on the go is great. Easy to set up retention policies makes it ease to main organizational history.
Read Laurance J. Specht's full review
Carlos Eduardo de Souza | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2019

Integrates with almost anything

Google Drive is being used as the main storage tool and data management for our entire organisation. We've been using GSuite applications as well, so it integrates very organically with Google Drive. We can share between colleagues and stakeholders, be it a Document, Spreadsheet or even video tutorials since it has a built-in video player (like Youtube) so it's very easy and practical.
  • Data storage
  • Data management and organization
  • Sharing (colleagues and stakeholders)
  • Drive filestream doesn't show what's is shared with you, so it's not that clear how to use it.
  • How things are managed inside an organisation could be improved. There's no folder for the entire group (at least in our plan), but something created by someone that is shared with specific people.
  • It's expensive for what it offers in terms of storage
It's great for a group of people working together remotely or in cases that you need to share assets with clients or stakeholders. You can create documents, collaborate, and comment, and it even has a history revision so you can see who, what was changed and when it happened. Very useful!
Read Carlos Eduardo de Souza's full review
Kaleb-John Loo | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 13, 2019

Cloud storage at a great price

Google Drive is free-to-use cloud storage for files. At the free tier, users gain access to 16 GB of free online cloud storage that can be accessed via a Google account. Users can then share these files with other users through links, email, or the Google platform. This is invaluable as it provides a free way to store and share files across the organization. We utilize Google Drive if we need a place to store and share word documents, sheets, and presentations as it is a convenient place of access. Google Drive also comes in handy during research and development as a lot of resources on the internet provide documentation through links which can be saved and viewed via Google Drive.
  • Free account.
  • Variety of file storage.
  • Preview and editing.
  • File sharing.
  • Need a Google Account to get 16 GB of storage.
  • Sometimes difficult to find what is using space.
  • Deleting shared files sometimes does not remove them.
Google Drive is useful for quickly saving a file that you need access to from anywhere. It also is useful when you want to share files with an audience as anyone can view them and you can set permissions per file. Google Drive also makes it easy to do a pseudo transfer of files from a mobile device to a computer or vice-versa, you just need to save the file to the Google Drive and then open it on the other device. For enterprise solutions, however, Google Drive is not the right tool unless you are willing to pay for more storage.
Read Kaleb-John Loo's full review

Access control (123)
File search (124)
Device sync (115)
9.4
User and role management (114)
File organization (121)
Device management (102)
Performance (119)
Reliability (120)
Storage Reports (90)

About Google Drive

Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. Launched on April 24, 2012, Google Drive allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files. In addition to a website, Google Drive offers apps with offline capabilities for Windows and macOS computers, and Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, which are a part of an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more. Files created and edited through the office suite are saved in Google Drive.

Google Drive Features

Has featureSimultaneous editing
Cloud Storage Security & Administration Features
Has featureSingle sign-on
Has featureTwo-step verification
Does not have featureEnd-user encryption
Has featureUser and role management
Has featureStrorage limit management
Has featureFile organization
Does not have featureDevice management
Does not have featurePassword protected files
Cloud Storage Platform Features