Google Drive Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Mandy Cramer profile photo
We use Google Drive to store files for easy access for all the sales team and accountants. This helps us keep track of invoices we owe money on as well as invoices we have billed to clients. We also use Google Drive to keep track of PODs when a delivery has been made. Our scanner can also directly upload files to Google Drive making it easy for us all to work remotely. For example, I live in Washington State, but my boss lives in Houston and his sales team are located in Houston, El Paso, and Mexico.
  • Allows team members to access, add or edit files in real-time.
  • Allows me to share spreadsheets and files with non-team members.
  • It is very easy to use and I love that it integrates directly to the computer so I don't have to upload and download files constantly.
  • The branding isn't my favorite for Google Drive.
  • It isn't as easy to use as Dropbox.
  • If a file is deleted from one location, it's permanently gone from all locations.
Google Drive is perfect for team projects and as a cloud if you want to access your files from any computer or device. You do have to make sure to sign in to your account to access if the device you're on doesn't have the app downloaded to it. I wouldn't suggest using Google Drive if you're not on one of your main devices (i.e. on a public computer).
Read Mandy Cramer's full review
Jayelynn Willman profile photo
October 22, 2019

Convenient and Free

Google Drive allows our Management and Sales Team to organize, share, and edit documents with each other. You can create folders, hold a variety of document types, and have 15GB of free storage. After that you can purchase more storage starting at $1.99/month. I've been using it for several years now and haven't had to upgrade. You can access the drive from any laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Converting documents to PDF's is extremely simple as well. You can email, text, or print documents from a device with ease. It's a free, simple, and easy way to communicate, share documents, etc.
  • Email, text, and print documents effortlessly.
  • Easily create folders and organize documents within the Drive.
  • Set a security level that you're comfortable with before sharing documents with co-workers for viewing, editing, or commenting.
  • Depending on the internet connection or if you forget to close out from one device before opening it on another, some edits may not be saved.
Most companies are operating off Google based emails, plus Google Business is on the rise so using Google Drive is easy, efficient, and practical. When I'm in meetings at our brewery, I can easily access the drive from my phone, edit our taplist, and text it over to our bartender for printing. If an account comes into the taproom interesting in kegs, I can easily access our sales sheets from my phone and print them on the spot even if I don't have my laptop.
Read Jayelynn Willman's full review
Matt Emge profile photo
We use Google Drive in our QA department to maintain test documentation, test scenarios, test cases, user stories, test results and site analytics. I use Google Drive to write presentation outlines and to create slide presentations. I have also used forms to create a mock quick guide to be used for practicing for certification exams.
  • It has a simple UI where all the features are easy to find.
  • It's intuitive enough that I can learn almost anything without needing to look at the documentation.
  • It's designed without clutter and is always easy to use.
  • It makes it so easy to create, edit, share and collaborate on all kinds of docs.
  • When deleting a doc, I'd rather be returned to the parent folder than be given a pop-up notice.
  • Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm working on a separate copy of a doc or the original located in a different place.
It's perfect for quickly creating beautiful content and sharing it out with different access levels for different people. Its simplicity makes it my go-to and it can always do everything I want in a doc, spreadsheet or slide presentation.
Read Matt Emge's full review
Oral Tosun profile photo
Google Drive has been used by my small company for years. It helps a lot when thinking of automating some tedious jobs like logging phone numbers in a spreadsheet, keeping customer contact details up to date, etc. I use Google Drive, Google Docs, and some third-party apps in conjunction. In fact, I solve multiple business problems with it. For instance, I scan every document via its built-in document scanner on my Android device. This allows me to secure my important documents after giving them to my accountant.
  • Google Drive is a safe place. You could save your phone contacts, passwords, or any other important personal data to it. You have control all over them.
  • Google Drive has integration with many other apps. This makes it a viable product. No business use a single app today. All businesses need multiple app supports for their operations.
  • Its user interface is really clean and understandable. Besides, you could easily switch between your other Google Drive storages. I use both the paid and free version of it. This functionality enabled me not to buy extra storage areas. The available gigabytes on both versions are enough for my business.
  • I use both the free and paid version of it. It is better to have more storage area on the paid version.
Google Drive is a secure place to store your data. It synchronizes your folders flawlessly. Google Drive has integrations with other useful Google apps like Google Keep, Sheets, and Forms. Google Drive also has integrations with other useful third-party apps like IFFFT. Thus, you could program it as you wish. For example, you could record your phone call logs in a folder on Google Drive.
Read Oral Tosun's full review
Daniel Quinn profile photo
We use Google Drive as a team to share files across the country between internal and external parties. Care does have to be taken not to share commercially sensitive data occasion, so the secure sharing settings are important to us.

The main functionality that is in use at the moment is the ability to collaborate on shared documents, particularly schedules that we are all working from.
  • Sharing files and folders
  • The integration between Drive and the other Google products (Sheets, Docs etc)
  • The amount of free storage
  • Desktop application could be better integrated into the Windows environment
  • Increased functionality on the iPad app
  • Choice on video data rates when uploading
Any time file-sharing or collaboration is required, Google Drive is a must. It is, however, easy to share files inadvertently with people that should not necessarily be allowed access. Potentially could use more warning about the fact that an open file link is 100% viewable by anyone, therefore rendering it completely open if a third party shares it with anyone else.
Read Daniel Quinn's full review
Joshua Melder profile photo
Google Drive is one of the primary cloud storage tools that our organization uses. Drive is an incredible resource that enables employees to store important documents in the cloud and access them from locations across the world. The benefit of this cannot be understated - as this feature increases communication, collaboration, and productivity across the workforce. Furthermore, if paired with other Google applications, Drive contributes to a collaborative experience where multiple users can work on documents at the same time. Drive is used in most administrative areas of our organization and it has definitely helped the workforce feel more prepared to tackle modern business challenges.
  • Document Storage: Drive enables users to store a high volume of varying types of documents. The storage limits are also extremely useful for large-sized files.
  • Global Access: Drive enables users to access their saved documents anywhere with an internet connection. This improves overall throughput and accessibility.
  • Permissions: Drive allows the owner of documents to share content with others in a variety of ways. This enables a largely collaborative platform.
  • Drive is expensive for the amount of storage included within the price.
  • File navigation has room for improvement - as it can sometimes be difficult to tell between documents shared with you and user-created ones.
  • Working with Drive is most ideal when all parties also have access to Drive. Functionality is lost if a user is not logged in.
Google Drive is extremely well-suited for a collaborative workforce. It is extremely valuable for those who work in administrative roles who would benefit by having mobile access to their stored documents. For example, Drive is extremely well-suited for individuals within sales who often travel from their home base location. The ability to store their documents in the cloud - in order to access them from anywhere is extremely valuable. Google Drive may be less suited for individuals who travel less - or even those who work within the manufacturing world (on the floor). However, Drive has the ability to benefit everyone due to the accessible nature of the platform.
Read Joshua Melder's full review
Laurance J. Specht profile photo
August 17, 2019

Go with Google Drive

Google Drive is the primary storage, sharing and collaboration tool for our entire organization. It has a high level of stability, accessibility, and ease of use. The ability to manage permissions and access makes it secure and support from Google is excellent. Being able to have tools to work and collaborate anywhere on any devices is important.
  • Easy of use
  • Accessibility
  • Stability
  • Features
  • UX/UI could be improved.
  • The functionality of tools could be enhanced.
  • Increase individual storage capacity.
Google Drive is suitable for any organization that is looking for a good, easy to use tool for storage, sharing, and collaboration across an organization that is spread apart. Being able to respond to a request for items or edit while on the go is great. Easy to set up retention policies makes it ease to main organizational history.
Read Laurance J. Specht's full review
Carlos Eduardo de Souza profile photo
Google Drive is being used as the main storage tool and data management for our entire organisation. We've been using GSuite applications as well, so it integrates very organically with Google Drive. We can share between colleagues and stakeholders, be it a Document, Spreadsheet or even video tutorials since it has a built-in video player (like Youtube) so it's very easy and practical.
  • Data storage
  • Data management and organization
  • Sharing (colleagues and stakeholders)
  • Drive filestream doesn't show what's is shared with you, so it's not that clear how to use it.
  • How things are managed inside an organisation could be improved. There's no folder for the entire group (at least in our plan), but something created by someone that is shared with specific people.
  • It's expensive for what it offers in terms of storage
It's great for a group of people working together remotely or in cases that you need to share assets with clients or stakeholders. You can create documents, collaborate, and comment, and it even has a history revision so you can see who, what was changed and when it happened. Very useful!
Read Carlos Eduardo de Souza's full review
Kaleb-John Loo profile photo
Google Drive is free-to-use cloud storage for files. At the free tier, users gain access to 16 GB of free online cloud storage that can be accessed via a Google account. Users can then share these files with other users through links, email, or the Google platform. This is invaluable as it provides a free way to store and share files across the organization. We utilize Google Drive if we need a place to store and share word documents, sheets, and presentations as it is a convenient place of access. Google Drive also comes in handy during research and development as a lot of resources on the internet provide documentation through links which can be saved and viewed via Google Drive.
  • Free account.
  • Variety of file storage.
  • Preview and editing.
  • File sharing.
  • Need a Google Account to get 16 GB of storage.
  • Sometimes difficult to find what is using space.
  • Deleting shared files sometimes does not remove them.
Google Drive is useful for quickly saving a file that you need access to from anywhere. It also is useful when you want to share files with an audience as anyone can view them and you can set permissions per file. Google Drive also makes it easy to do a pseudo transfer of files from a mobile device to a computer or vice-versa, you just need to save the file to the Google Drive and then open it on the other device. For enterprise solutions, however, Google Drive is not the right tool unless you are willing to pay for more storage.
Read Kaleb-John Loo's full review
Brett Knighton profile photo
At work, we use Microsoft offerings. But I've used Drive on personal and volunteer projects for 10+ years. Google Drive is a robust online file storage solution. The built-in tools for editing, sharing, and organization make it a superb place to keep important documents. One of my favorite features is being able to collaborate in real-time on documents.
  • Easy to collaborate.
  • Works seamlessly with other Google products.
  • Integrates with many 3rd party options.
  • As a file storage service, I really don't have any complaints.
  • Ideally, all participants on a collaborating document need a Google account. For example, if I'm sharing a document with a customer they need a Google account to get the full benefit.
  • I wouldn't recommend using Google Drive to store large files. For personal photos, it's a decent offering. For an organization that wants to store lots of large video files, it would be a lot more expensive than other solutions.
Google Drive works really well for file storage sharing and collaboration. Being able to use forms with results stored to drive is also incredibly useful. The non-profit I work with uses the forms feature to gather applications for humanitarian expeditions. Since the information is all saved to Drive it will be there as a historical record compiled in a single place forever.
Read Brett Knighton's full review
Alex Varney profile photo
We use Google Drive as a document storage and collaboration platform. We edit and update status call documents, monthly and quarterly reports, and other documents. We also use Google Drive integrated with Basecamp to create and track open job numbers and the status of open projects. Given that we have staff in multiple sites, real-time collaboration and same-time editing of documents are critical.
  • Real-time sharing and document collaboration.
  • It's intuitive and easy to use.
  • It has the ability to take Microsoft office suite documents created offline and convert them to cloud versions that can be edited collaboratively.
  • File navigation can be confusing, especially with documents that have been shared with you vs ones in your own drive.
It's easy to integrate with all other Google products that most people are already using, or if colleagues in different offices or multiple colleagues in the same office need to access and edit a document at the same time. Documents can be uploaded and shared with people even if they don't have Google Drive installed and can be set as read-only.
Read Alex Varney's full review
Chris Hecox profile photo
August 11, 2019

Review of Google Drive

I use Google Drive to organize and send files to clients, as well as keeping track of projects and doc files.
  • Google Drive does a good job of organization and creating folder structures. It's easy for me to duplicate files as well, especially when I have pre-made templates.
  • Drive makes it fairly easy to send files to people, though, jury's out on whether it's the best for being the vehicle for clients to view documents from.
  • Google Drive has lots of space for me, and if I needed to, I could easily upgrade for more space.
  • I don't think Google has done a good job of making sharing files easy. There's always an issue with whether or not one of my clients has to sign in with their own personal account, especially if their company doesn't have a Gmail or G Suite.
  • I've had issues downloading from Google Drive before, but this is typically working with huge file sizes. I've had timeouts and other things, though these might be my internet connection.
Google Drive is great as a free tool, especially with the huge amount of space you start with. It's also great for local file storage, specifically if you work with a lot of word processor files. If you are trying to house tons of folders full of footage or art files, you'll need to consider upgrading.
Read Chris Hecox's full review
Matt Graf profile photo
Google Drive is being used to deliver video files which consist of both drafts and final video files. It has been used specifically in our video department for quite some time now. It helps us address the need to deliver files quickly and efficiently without needing to mail hard drives or USB drives back and forth, or posting videos to preview on YouTube.
  • Google Drive is very easy to use.
  • Google Drive is very quick and efficient.
  • Google Drive makes sharing files simple.
  • It would be nice to get more storage with the free version.
  • Nothing else comes to mind, it is great!
I would say that any person who needs to store or share files quickly and easily would benefit from using Google Drive. It is so simple and quick that it makes no sense to not try it out. It is convenient in every sense of the word and we wouldn't dream of going without it.
Read Matt Graf's full review
James Michael Wood profile photo
Google Drive is the software used by my organization for storing files along with their documents, spreadsheets and Google Docs presentations, it allows you to keep all your files synchronized between all your devices. What sets Google's storage service apart is its deep integration with web applications. Where files are administered totally online, using the web application to share files.
In my organization, we use Google Drive in the engineering department because it facilitates access to the files and documents that the company needs in the daily work.

In my organization, confidential documents are always exchanged and must be protected, which is why it is necessary to improve your security system. That's why Google Drive should have a powerful antivirus or security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users.
  • You can connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. You can also upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel, presentations, photos, videos, music, among other types of files
  • Editing files with Drive is also better when working mainly online. When you edit a document in Google Docs or answer emails in Gmail, you can easily take files from your Google Drive storage and use them directly without having to load anything.
  • Google Drive updates all your items automatically, which means that you are continually improving your options. As for the organization of the files, you can create folders to keep the documents organized.
  • Google Drive Should have security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users.
  • It is necessary to have an Internet connection, otherwise we can not access our files because they are in the cloud.
  • The version of the mobile application is easy to use, but I think it lacks enough features compared to the website version.
Google Drive adapts excellently in the company because it allows users to connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. In addition you can upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel and presentations.
Where software is less appropriate is in the application for mobile devices that has a deficit in some functions.
Read James Michael Wood's full review
Oscar Avelar profile photo
November 12, 2019

Google Drive Review

We use it for projects to share appropriate files for each one. It is used throughout the organization and helps solve communication issues between teams and employees.
  • It is accessible anywhere. Employees performing home office tasks and on business trips can keep in touch.
  • It is easy to use.
  • It allows us to collaborate with different people across companies.
  • The desktop application wasn't fast and easy, at least for me. I don't use it anymore, but I would like to try it again if it is improved.
It is great for projects as it keeps information accessible to everyone.
Read Oscar Avelar's full review
Zandro Zulueta profile photo
Google Drive is a tool used by me personally and my organisation for storing files (documents, spreadsheets and presentations) for free. The software is totally free and web-based. We use the software to store documents for our team and projects. Through Google drive we are able to open our documents using Google's other suite of products allowing for real-time collaboration.
  • Totally free. No licenses required
  • Web based. No software needed to be installed
  • The free space is only 17GB which shared among your Google Drive, Mail, and Photos which is not a lot
  • As it is browser based, UI is not that nice
  • There is no way to determine somehow the breakdown of storage amongst Drive, Mail and Photos
It is very well suited for people who are on the go and would like to access their files anywhere in the world. You can access your files, presentations, and documents anywhere as long as you have a browser and your email account details. You can even access your files through your smartphone.

It is suited as well for companies who want a cheap way to manage files for the organisation. The Google suite of products (Sheets, Doc, Slides) allows teams to collaborate real-time with files for faster processing.
Read Zandro Zulueta's full review
Maura Kelly profile photo
Google Drive is used as our hub of information. Documentation, such as contract templates, marketing resources, reporting, and internal-shared documents, are all held within Google Drive. It's an invaluable resource for our company, as we share and access data here on a daily basis. We essentially use Google Drive as our internal library of resources. Additionally, as a member of the customer service ream, I occasionally share google docs/sheets with clients for specific cases.
  • It holds all internal documentation.
  • Allows teams to access the same sheet to keep each other updated.
  • Allows client services and clients to have a 'living document' available (for specific cases).
I think Google Drive is wonderful, and have no negative feedback at this time.
Read Maura Kelly's full review
Mohammad Aminul Islam profile photo
Google Drive is available for all enrolled students and faculty members. We can store and share different projects. It also makes collaboration across different department very easy. Normally, all current members will get access to unlimited storage. Because of Google Drive, I am given easy access to documents from anywhere. Downloading and uploading of documents is also very convenient.
  • Easy to collaborate with different people.
  • Tracking and notification of all documents.
  • Easy storage and access to documents and files.
  • Problems with integration when downloading large files.
  • Shared contents are not well protected with the password system.
  • Internet connection is required to access documents.
Google Drive is well suited when working on projects with collaboration. Multiple people can share and update documents simultaneously. The document will be safe and stored in cloud storage. A document can be stored in Google Drive regardless of its type or size.
Read Mohammad Aminul Islam's full review
Adriano Rosa profile photo
Google Drive was not being used by the whole organization, only the Information Technology department used it. It gave us the ability to easily store and access documents, spreadsheets, images, from any device, from anywhere you were. Working collaboratively is great. It helped us in retrieving files easily for repeated use.
  • Allows us to share files, documents, from any device from anywhere, with internet connection.
  • Excellent productivity and suite collaboration.
  • Includes desktop to desktop file syncing.
  • Privacy is a concern, because Google collects other information from your online activity to serve targeted ads.
  • Productivity software less capable than MS Office.
  • Should implement password protection for shared files.
Google Drive is very useful for any kind of organization. It is one of the slickest and fullest featured, and most generous cloud storage. If you need syncing services, it has excellent productivity suite collaboration capabilities. Furthermore, Google Drive is really impressive in how it can store, back up, create and even edit files, also it is affordable.
Read Adriano Rosa's full review
August 13, 2019

Works like a charm

Google Drive is used across the entire organization. It is the decentralized storage system where we keep all of our documents. Being cloud-based, it is great because it allows for collaboration and it allows us to work from home without needing to worry about keeping a physical hard drive. I use it personally as well since it is such a convenient product.
  • It's easy to use. Drag and drop functionality rocks.
  • Works on any device.
  • Its free!
  • The storage limit is low.
  • Sharing permissions could be improved.
  • Lacks better zipping options to make sure users can host bigger files.
Google Drive is a great tool. It is strongly recommended across all projects. For bigger companies, the product may not be complex enough in terms of sharing restrictions but the functionality is the best among all other cloud storage providers. It integrates perfectly with the rest of Google's suite of products.
We currently use Google Drive as our cloud storage, and we utilize and unlimited enterprise version of it. Our organization also uses Gmail for Businesses so Drive has a seamless integration and that's key. We have many Team Drives (or Shared Drives now) which prove to be extremely helpful when we have pertinent information that needs to be cordoned off from other sections of our business.

Google Drive also connects/integrates with a lot of other systems that we use, like Workfront, which creates additional efficiencies. Lastly, we are able to share documents with our clients, which is especially helpful when our file sizes exceed the attachment limit for various email platforms.
  • Collaboration: Google Docs/Sheets/Slides allow us to collaborate across various teams, all while keeping track of changes and comments.
  • File storage: Seamless file storage with easy upload and download.
  • Search: We're able to organize and structure the storage of all of our files in a way that is simple to search -- which is something we've come to expect from Google.
  • MacOS integration: The Google Drive app (previously Stream) allows us to save files directly from various programs to our instance of Drive, navigating the folder structure just like you would in Finder. It's invaluable.
  • Though search is such a strong point for Google, I have come across some instances of the search coming up empty, even when I type a file name in the same exact way as it appears on the actual file. This is inexplicable, and also infrequent.
  • Personal customization would be nice in terms of visuals/branding.
The perfect situation to utilize Google Drive is when you and colleagues all use Gmail and all need to collaborate on various documents and have access to a large amount of files without sending via email. Being able to collaborate and contribute to a document across teams is incredibly helpful and far more efficient that having to work out of Word docs, save, resave, etc. This is clearly the way because now Microsoft supports some of this function as well.
Google drive touches every aspect of my business. We use it to store files, share across teams, and to collaborate on documents. It makes sure everything is saved and in one location without having to worry if things are lost.
  • All files are securely backed up and you don't have to worry about things getting lost.
  • Easily accessible across all devices.
  • Extremely easy to collaborate and share files with other people and teammates.
  • Some of the "cleanup" features could be improved. It would be awesome if there were some automations that would recommend how to clean up and organize.
Dropbox is appropriate for any team looking to make sure all of their content and work is in one easy spot.
Google Drive is being used across the entire organization as the primary document creation software and repository. We heavily use Google docs, slides, and sheets. It's heavily adopted due to its simple design, superior security, and great collaboration features.
  • Simple and easy to understand interface.
  • Clean and elegant design.
  • Robust document, spreadsheet, and slide capabilities.
  • Superior collaboration features.
  • Awesome commenting feature to drive accountability.
  • Great security and control features.
  • Better charting options in Google Sheets.
  • More options to brand Drive to be more in tune with your company's brand / aesthetic.
  • More color options.
  • Better project management features, similar to Asana.
Google Drive is absolutely well-suited for growing organizations who want an affordable yet robust and secure company-wide solution for all their document needs. The collaboration features really can't be beat compared to what I have seen elsewhere in the market. Google Sheets continues to improve materially -- a few years ago I thought it was unusable due to the lack of formulas and speed, but it has really taken major steps as a strong alternative to Microsoft Excel.
Google Drive is used across the organization as a supplemental resource to the internal system. It allows different departments to view and edit common documents in real time and access them remotely.
  • Google Drive tracks changes in real time so documents can be quickly updated and shared.
  • Finding individual documents can be cumbersome, since all users are tied to the names originally given to files and the search function does not extend to the contents of each document.
Google Drive is well-suited to situations where users need to pass off documents to one another concurrently, but not when multiple users need to access the document and make changes at the same time.
We use this software basically for storage purposes. People from every department use this software for storing their data and access it virtually from any device at any time. It is helpful for me to sync my system and keep backing up my data from my system. And since I access that data even if I am not in my office, it increases my productivity.
  • Being a Google product it is very well integrated with other Google services and I can use it with my Google account.
  • It makes sharing any data file very easy. One-click and I can share my data with my colleagues.
  • Dashboard navigation is very easy and quick. It does not confuse users.
  • Its offline mode helps me to work when I have no internet.
  • Sometimes I feel the upload speed is slightly slow even if the internet speed is fast.
  • It does not allow users to copy folders the way they can be copied with keyboard shortcuts on computers.
  • I am not very confident about the security which Google provides for our data. The way Google tracks users activity and provides advertisements, it's difficult to trust.
This software is very good at backing up system data. By doing this I save my important data and I can access that data from anywhere and on any device by logging in to this software. I share my important files with my colleagues through this software. After uploading my files on this software I share links of it to my colleagues and they easily access those files.

Versioning (101)
Video files (89)
Audio files (86)
Document collaboration (114)
9.6
Access control (112)
File search (113)
Device sync (104)
User and role management (104)
File organization (110)
Device management (94)
Performance (108)
9.5
Reliability (109)
9.2
Storage Reports (82)

About Google Drive

Google Drive is a cloud file storage, synchronization, and collaboration platform and service, that features Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for document editing and presentation.