Google Drive is a cloud file storage, synchronization, and collaboration platform and service, that features Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for document editing and presentation.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/za/ic/9MZXUQGGIEX2.PNGGoogle Drive: the best cloud storage serviceGoogle Drive is used by the entire Banesco organization to maintain communication with all employees at different levels in order to provide the best service to our customers. This tool is used to create, edit and share in the cloud, various documents inherent to the customer service we provide, in order to track the various requests that we request via phone,Google Drive allows you to upload files in different types of formats This software offers a large storage space and its developers work continuously in order to expand it even more I can access my information from any platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer),It has a very simple interface that does not look appealing to the eye To have access to the files it is essential to have an internet connection Does not have client support for Linux,9,For a really accessible price, we have in the company a software that has strengthened teamwork. The saving of financial resources and time has been positive because we can work as a team without the need to travel The technical support has covered all our expectations without having to make extra investments to clarify doubts with other professionals.,OneDrive,OneDrive, Dropbox, BoxGreat for teams of nearly any sizeI began using Google active informally as a college student and then continues to use it for nearly every job I’ve held since graduating. As an editor, I rely heavily on a word-based system that updates, syncs, and saves automatically so that I don’t have to. The best part is that when I make an edit on any Doc, Slide, or Sheet that I’m working on, this is synced automatically for all other parties so we’re all working on one continuously evolving document.,Syncs quickly so that remote teams can view the same document (and any new changes) automatically Provides a variety of documents to choose from for your specific needs Is easy to use and effective,I’d like to see more of a customer support base. If you need help, you’re diverted to a message board full of other confused people and it can be hard to find an answer—especially if your question is very specific.,9,I would definitely say Google drive has been crucial for many of the businesses I’ve been a part of. There’s no other collaboration system that works quite as well or is as easy to learn and use as Google drive. Plus, it helps that Google is an empire when it comes to platforms such as this; it makes syncing a breeze.The best way to share documents and edit them. Google Drive is unforgettableGoogle Drive is designed to achieve greater reliability by sharing the files we have on our computers. This tool is useful for working without the need to be in the workplace. In addition, you can upload files from an electronic device and have them visible in real time. The storage capacity of this software is magnificent and has all the elements that make it a powerful tool to manage documents and edit online.,Storage capacity and file sharing from any electronic device. Can edit errors at critical moments before publishing any information that may cause disasters in organizations. The files can be blocked by each of the users. A user can share files and create shared workgroups without the need to have a meeting room.,Make different types of edit privileges on shared files, especially when publishing necessary and important information. This tool does not work with PDF files because PDFs shared in Google Drive are not editable. Photos cannot be edited; however, they can be downloaded and edited from there,10,The ability of this online work tool is tremendously profitable. It offers greater sustainability in the information sharing strategies, which translates into savings. It is necessary to consider some aspects such as the usability level in non-potential users, it is of high quality and it adapts very well to the demands of those who maintain it. Our organization has benefited with Google Drive because it does not invest in other tools that could be good but are also costly.Google Drive - great free storage/organization platformI personally have used Google Drive for about 5 years. I started using it in college, carried it into my first job and now my current job. For personal use, I've used Google Drive very heavily for keeping important documents such as resumes, letters of recommendations, writing samples, etc. It allows me to stay organized and have everything in one place. As an organization, the marketing team uses Google Drive when we work with photographers and videographers. Often times, photographers and videographers will share their assets with us through Google Drive because of its easy to use, widely familiar platform.,Keeps materials organized Allows you to easily show materials - Word Docs, photos, videos, etc. There's a lot of space!,Free storage is only 15GB. When you use it often, this fills up quick. Quick Access sections at the top might be better if it allowed you to pick 'Favorites' and have in a section. Google Sheets, Slides, Forms, etc. aren't very intuitive. Could be beneficially to have a 'How to' or FAQ.,9,Google Drive has positively impacted sharing efforts among clients. Google Drive has positively impacted sharing efforts among employees. Google Drive has positively impacted easy access to important documents. Google Drive has positively impacted organization of documents.,Dropbox and Dropbox Business,Dropbox, Dropbox Business, AsanaGoogle Drive- great for teamsWe use Google Drive for all our file sharing. We have meeting notes that we keep for other to look at. We do file collaboration so we can work on a document live and all others can see the changes that are being made instantly. I use it to make forms for employees and volunteers to fill out so that I have all information I need and they are not skipping questions they don't know the answers to (which they would do on a pen and paper form).,File sharing File organization Live collaborative editing,Confusing for users not familiar with file sharing Shared documents don't automatically populate into my documents Finding documents that aren't filed can be difficult,9,File sharing is much easier than it was when using DropBox Collaborative reports has improved our meeting minutes Document linking has helped with reports given by others.,Dropbox,Concur Expense
Google Drive

Google Drive Reviews

Google Drive
Top Rated Award
Filter 2549 vetted Google Drive reviews and ratings
June 11, 2018

Review: "Google Drive: the best cloud storage service"

• Google Drive allows you to upload files in different types of formats
  • This software offers a large storage space and its developers work continuously in order to expand it even more
  • I can access my information from any platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer)
  • It has a very simple interface that does not look appealing to the eye
  • To have access to the files it is essential to have an internet connection
  • Does not have client support for Linux
I think Google Drive is used to the maximum in companies that have several locations nationwide and with a large number of employees. The possibility of communicating and working in the cloud regardless of distances is an important advance from the technological point of view. Honestly, I do not see space where you can not enjoy the service offered by this software. It is ideal for large and small work teams.
Read Roberto Farfan's full review
May 28, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Great for teams of nearly any size"

• Syncs quickly so that remote teams can view the same document (and any new changes) automatically
  • Provides a variety of documents to choose from for your specific needs
  • Is easy to use and effective
  • I’d like to see more of a customer support base. If you need help, you’re diverted to a message board full of other confused people and it can be hard to find an answer—especially if your question is very specific.
Google Drive is great for teams on the move, who might now be able to sit down with one another in the same room and look over a document together. It saves versions so that even if you make a mistake, there is always a past version saved for you. Just keep in mind that the larger your team, the more people will be editing the same document, which can get messy if you’re not careful.
Read Sierra Freeman's full review
September 11, 2018

Review: "The best way to share documents and edit them. Google Drive is unforgettable"

• Storage capacity and file sharing from any electronic device.
  • Can edit errors at critical moments before publishing any information that may cause disasters in organizations.
  • The files can be blocked by each of the users. A user can share files and create shared workgroups without the need to have a meeting room.
  • Make different types of edit privileges on shared files, especially when publishing necessary and important information.
  • This tool does not work with PDF files because PDFs shared in Google Drive are not editable.
  • Photos cannot be edited; however, they can be downloaded and edited from there
Google Drive is ideal for working with information in real time. Because of its capacity, it makes data available on the web in record time. This tool can not be only to share non-editable files, but can be used to upload information in tables or tables that generate a statistic without the need to have a presence in the office.
Read FRANCISCO GUTIERREZ's full review
August 09, 2018

Review: "Google Drive - great free storage/organization platform"

• Keeps materials organized
  • Allows you to easily show materials - Word Docs, photos, videos, etc.
  • There's a lot of space!
  • Free storage is only 15GB. When you use it often, this fills up quick.
  • Quick Access sections at the top might be better if it allowed you to pick 'Favorites' and have in a section.
  • Google Sheets, Slides, Forms, etc. aren't very intuitive. Could be beneficially to have a 'How to' or FAQ.
Google Drive is great for keeping important documents that you access regularly. It is also good for sharing and downloading. Google Drive isn't so great if you are storing large files. Google Drive's free account fills up at 15 GB.
Read Lauren Holloway's full review
August 09, 2018

User Review: "Google Drive- great for teams"

• File sharing
  • File organization
  • Live collaborative editing
  • Confusing for users not familiar with file sharing
  • Shared documents don't automatically populate into my documents
  • Finding documents that aren't filed can be difficult
We take meeting minutes using Google Drive. We allow everyone to pull up the document during the meeting. If an important note is missed or things need to be added, others can add rather than being reliant on the secretary. We are able to use Drive for sharing monthly reports for review and link reports and documents to the agenda for easy reading.
Read Alyssa Burdett's full review
August 06, 2018

Review: "Google Drive is the best software your company needs to store and share information"

Google Drive is the software used by my organization for storing files along with their documents, spreadsheets and Google Docs presentations, it allows you to keep all your files synchronized between all your devices. What sets Google's storage service apart is its deep integration with web applications. Where files are administered totally online, using the web application to share files.
In my organization, we use Google Drive in the engineering department because it facilitates access to the files and documents that the company needs in the daily work.

In my organization, confidential documents are always exchanged and must be protected, which is why it is necessary to improve your security system. That's why Google Drive should have a powerful antivirus or security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users.
  • You can connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. You can also upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel, presentations, photos, videos, music, among other types of files
  • Editing files with Drive is also better when working mainly online. When you edit a document in Google Docs or answer emails in Gmail, you can easily take files from your Google Drive storage and use them directly without having to load anything.
  • Google Drive updates all your items automatically, which means that you are continually improving your options. As for the organization of the files, you can create folders to keep the documents organized.
  • Google Drive Should have security system to protect files, which are exchanged between users.
  • It is necessary to have an Internet connection, otherwise we can not access our files because they are in the cloud.
  • The version of the mobile application is easy to use, but I think it lacks enough features compared to the website version.
Google Drive adapts excellently in the company because it allows users to connect with other products such as google + and google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. In addition you can upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel and presentations.
Where software is less appropriate is in the application for mobile devices that has a deficit in some functions.
Read James Michael Wood's full review
July 13, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Critical file collaboration"

It's being used by groups across the organization. It gets rid of the need for traditional SMB or shared drives, which are clunky and do not integrate well with the OS (especially if you're using a Windows device).
  • Easy to use. It looks a lot like a typical file explorer in your OS and can be learned almost immediately
  • Integrates well with whatever device you're using. You can use the sync software to keep files synced across devices and access them natively like you would any other file
  • Deep integration with GSuite (and many other non-Google products) makes it very versatile and for a good central repository for files, especially ones shared by your team
  • Can be hard to determine what files are using up your quota
  • Sharing files with non-Drive users can be tricky
It's very useful for teams or groups needing to share and collaborate over files. It's also valuable for people who use multiple devices and need the files kept in sync.
Read Garett Dunn's full review
July 12, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Store with Drive and take your files to the clouds"

Google Drive is being used by the engineering department, it is a very useful software in the storage of a large amount of data and user files in our organization. There has not been any type of commercial problem with the use of Google Drive.
  • It is multiplatform as there is a version available for Android, Linux, Mac, and Windows
  • 5 GB of free storage and can be expanded by payments
  • Connect with your other products such as Google+ and Google Docs
  • Security in the copy of data
  • Google Drive syncing supports multiple devices and operating systems, although it does not support Linux natively.
  • Drive allows you to share files and folders using the mobile application or in the web browser interface.
  • It also offers the option of granting view and edit permissions to those with whom you share certain information, allowing personalization. The only drawback is that, without passwords or expiration dates on those links, it can pose a possible security problem if you do not move your shared files or folders in the future.
  • Drive offers comparable security features, although it uses 256-bit AES encryption with files in transit and 128-bit AES encryption when idle. This can improve it.
You can connect with other products such as Google+ and Google Docs, it allows you to create, modify and share documents. You can also upload Microsoft Word documents, Excel, presentations, photos, videos, music, among other types of files. The least appropriate scenario is synchronization or compatibility with some operating systems.
Read Miguel Paramo's full review
June 29, 2018

Google Drive Review: "One stop solution for all your sync solutions"

We as a freelancer use Google drive to share our work with the clients or our co-workers. Earlier we had a lot of issues sharing powerpoint presentations and pricing details but sooner we came to know about Google Drive that allows us to share all important data via cloud which is the biggest advantage that we got.
  • I found Google drive as the best medium to share files with clients and keep important backups.
  • It has adequate storage capacity for all our data which was need of an hour me.
  • Whenever we think of a solution for backup, Google Drive makes sure of security and files are backed up as we wanted.
  • I really love the architecture and features of Google Drive that fullfils all my professional needs.
  • After using the Google Drive for these many years I see a lot of improvements and it is difficult to see any loopholes.
  • One thing I feel to be improved is the user interface where the variations can be brought in.
  • Secondly, there should be separate plans for freelancers and content writers with value-added services.
When you want to share huge sized files like tutorials, documents, photos then Google drive is a big time saver for you. I highly recommend everyone to use this amazing software that is preferred by most of the professionals and organizations. If you have very small sized files then this software may not be very effective for your business.
Read Sumant Luhar's full review
June 11, 2018

User Review: "Store your trust in Google Drive"

Working in the banking industry, it is important to be able to share and secure data. That is where Google Drive comes in. In my opinion, it is a much more secure and efficient solution than competitors like Skydrive or Dropbox. IT allows us to share data quickly when email just isn't secure enough.
  • Secures documents in a cloud location
  • Easy to share files with other Google Drive users
  • Files are available whenever they may be needed
  • User Interface could stand to be less confusing, but once you get the hang of navigation its easy to use
There are many scenarios where Google drive would be beneficial. If you don't have an FTP server and you need to send customer information outside of the network, Google Drive would be an Ideal option. Email isn't the most secure as emails transverse the web in plain text. Google drive is best to use in any situation where you need to share data with someone else that contains sensitive information.
Read Josh Rice, MBA, ACSP's full review
September 12, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Just a cloud? It's faster than a plane and Superman"

Currently the majority of communications, messages, documents and memos are sent by their servers allowing them to be better stored and there is more communication.
  • Immediate and automatic synchronization on all devices.
  • Guarantees better communication when uploading or uploading files to the drive.
  • Files can be encrypted and also kept well-ordered.
  • Little memory in its free version, which limits its data traffic.
  • It has a limited amount of memory per file upload
  • It allows any user to manipulate it, so it can easily be compromised.
It can work to save a number of updated or documented files, as well as send important documents and lacks a large upload format to videos
Read Luis Garcia Müller's full review
May 18, 2018

"My Review of Google Drive"

In our company, it is used by management, about twenty people. We use it in our department, but other departments also use it, everyone for their own specific needs. We use it mainly for the purpose of generating statistics for the president of the company. The most important thing is that we can share our work so that other agencies also have access to the information generated by our management. In this way, we have been able to eliminate some bureaucratic procedures, such as permits to access information, carry out memorandums, trades and other such things, which delay teamwork. We can also see it in any workplace or meeting because we can access from any computer.
  • Share information online
  • Security to safeguard data in the tool
  • Immediate update of information without much work
  • I think they could improve the visualization of data in the tool
  • I think the application could be more user-friendly
  • Include a Q&A section to help and advise users
In medium sized companies, I think they can be complemented with the use of Google Drive and Google Sheets. Since they have a considerable group of employees, the volume of information they handle can cause problems when it comes requests for quick updates to reports, as is often the case. This can be avoided with Google Drive.
Read Marlon Seijas's full review
September 06, 2018

User Review: "Google Drive is your choice!"

Across the organization in my department we shared documentation within our team, so we can upload and the whole team will have access to those resources.
  • Shared resources
  • Availability anywhere
  • Security
  • Availability at anytime
  • I would love to be able to modify the documents like Google Docs.
For sharing documents. This saves a lot of time. With just a few clicks you can share resources and have them available at any time, anywhere.
Read Guillermo Ramos's full review
May 11, 2018

User Review: "Google Drive taught me how to organize"

We use Google Drive to organize our files and projects. Because we are in the photography industry, we have many photos and video clips we need to store and share. Google Drive is perfect for this, as it allows us to segment our photos so that we can easily find photos that we have sorted without digging through numbered file names. I also appreciate the collaborative tools that have been put into the software (eg. Google Forms, docs). This allows our team members to work on documents at different times, but we are able to see what changes have been made and make comments on them to work faster and more efficiently. It also solves the problem of storage space. I personally find it risky to rely on hard drives (of course, it depends on the situation), as I am forgetful and may lose things or forget to bring it to a meeting with a client. As long as there is Internet I am good to go!
  • Easy to learn and easy to use. Everything is laid out intuitively so it's easy to pick things up!
  • You can make endless folders to keep everything organized.
  • It's easy to share files and links with others.
  • You can easily set level of privilege that the people you share the files with have, so not everyone is able to edit.
  • When converting to a PDF file, the formatting may change, which can be annoying for documents that require particular citation formats or images.
  • The switching between gmail accounts used to work a lot better for me. Now, I have to sign out each time and sign back in to my other account instead of clicking the button on the dropdown menu.
Good for group work, editing, and brainstorming sessions.
Not as good for the end stretch of a project when you're focusing on making your document look nice.
Read Rebecca Chen's full review
May 09, 2018

Review: "Google Drive: a brief reasons to use it"

Google Drive is a tool that we use to store information. I currently own two jobs: in one, we use it to store data, share information about food projects, and in another, we work as musicians and use Google Drive to store songs and musical editions that we do. Its capacity to store information, approximately 15 GB helps us a lot.
  • Its capacity to store information, approximately 15 GB
  • The programs inside of Google Drive: Google Docs, Google Sheet, Google Presentation
  • Without internet connection you can not access your files
  • If your internet password is weak, you can be a victim of hacking
When you work for a company and have to work as a team, Google Drive gives you tools to be in contact, all members of the team, online. They can design, delete and edit documents at the same time. They will also have a place to keep all the information they need.

If you are working as a team, and you can not agree, the use of this program can be difficult, since everyone would be editing a file at the same time and this can cause problems.
Read Miguel Brito's full review
April 02, 2018

Google Drive Review: "The best cloud drive in the market."

Since we use a Gmail account as our business email, Google Drive use comes as almost mandatory. We tend to use it in combination with other cloud storage systems to share all types of information without using flash drives or hard drives. Just by connecting to the internet we have access to every document saved in Google Drive, for example, while working in our clients offices.
  • You can access your documents as long as you have an internet connection just by accessing your Google Drive account. No other requirements are needed.
  • You can create documents directly in Google Drive and when changes are made it automatically saves them which saves a lot of time.
  • Documents can easily be accessed by using other Google apps.
  • Since it works off an internet connection, sometimes it can limit you on getting your documents.
  • There is always the risk of hacking and documents being exposed.
The only scenario where I believe that Google Drive is not appropriate is when you need to submit documents in a situation where there is no internet connection. In this case, working with flash drives would be recommended. When sharing documents, Google Drive excels for its compatibility and ease of use. In our company, it has proven an excellent tool that allows us to share all kind of documents among all departments just by using the internet.
Read Manuel Aguilar's full review
July 19, 2018

Review: "When it comes to online storage Google drive is the best !!!"

Google Drive is one of the best software to save all my important data and files. It also allows us to access important files saved in the drive from anywhere. If your important data or information is stored on Google Drive you don't need to worry about its loss because it is very secured software!!!
  • Helps to save all important information and access it from anywhere in the world.
  • Very secure and easy to use.
  • The mobile app is also very flexible to use.
  • Storage of any type of file such as ppt, pdf, jpg all is possible.
  • Since it is an online storage there is always a risk of hackers accessing all the important data and files.
  • It requires an internet connection without it, it is not possible to access the files.
  • It takes plenty of time to upload a file on Google drive.
Google drive is well suited for students to have a common email id and share all the important files through a drive. For a company, Google drive is less appropriate as there is a chance of someone else accessing their files and hence losing their important information.
Read Hussain Ezzy's full review
March 20, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Best Cloud Storage Service"

I love Google Drive since I was a Google fanboy. I use Google Drive to save my files, images cloud and on my local storage. The reason we use Google Drive we can keep Spreadsheets, Docs, Slides, and Forms in one place. We can easily share files with our co-workers easily.
  • Error Free
  • Comes with 15B of Space for all
  • All in one suite with Google Sheets, Docs, etc.
  • Shouldn't count Gmail Attachment against free space.
  • Whenever you create Google Docs file it stores the link on the computer.
  • Want Password Protection for files.
Google Drive is simply the best Cloud Storage for anyone. It is better than Dropbox comes with more features and far better than providing free storage space. You will get 15GB of free space for the lifetime. Also, they should reply to any customer service inquiries fast. Google Drive is extremely stable than any similar service providers.
Read Mohammed Anzil's full review
July 13, 2018

User Review: "Love Google Drive!"

Google Drive is a very effective tool for our business that allows many users across the country to collaborate and share many, many documents very easily. It is used across the entire organization.
  • Organizes documents and folders, making everything easily accessible.
  • Allows for sharing of large files.
  • Allows for sharing of documents and folders inside and outside of your organization.
  • Trouble sharing documents with users that do not have a Gmail account.
  • Trouble finding documents that I have not recently accessed.
  • Limited features on some of the programs within Google Drive.
Google Drive is well suited for filing and storing shared files and also for management of large projects.

Read Megan Sullivan's full review
April 09, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Simple to take a backup of everything"

We create and edit files on Google Drive and share files with business clients. There is no dependency on hardware and software configuration as we can access it on any device like tablet, mobile, desktop or laptop etc. Getting in touch with clients is very easy. We also create invoice and settlement files on Google Drive.
  • Easy to create and share files on cloud.
  • Easy to take backup in case we lost our device as everything stored on cloud.
  • It allows to store any type of file or document.
  • Instant access of files without downloading it on device.
  • It should support all types of text formatting.
  • Little bit complex to mange the sources as we don't know which shared location we have used.
  • Speed of accessing files depends on internet speed as their is no offline version is available.
It reduces the business cost as we don't require any costly hardware setup. There is no restriction to access files because we can access them from anywhere. It helps to increase the business clients at world wide level. We can store our daily routine work on it so that we can access it from any device.
Read Simranjeet Singh's full review
August 10, 2018

Google Drive Review: "A must-have for businesses of all types and sizes"

I use Google Drive in almost every aspect of my business- document creation, spreadsheets, graphics, file sharing, file storage, customer contact, and more! Google drive has so many features- leaving virtually nothing that it can't do! It is also easily accessible from all devices and has a great mobile app. Where I used to have to use multiple software programs- such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.- now I can access them all in one place and share them very easily. It is also easy to recover previous versions of documents if needed and includes an affordable HIPAA compliant BAA.
  • Ample File Storage
  • Securely stores customer information (when used in conjunction with G suite)
  • Easy file sharing
  • Allows collaboration on documents and projects
  • Completely affordable
  • Streamlines tasks
  • Honestly- I have no complaints and see no room for improvement!
I believe Google Drive is well suited for all types of companies, big and small. Because it offers so much collaborative ability, companies with any number of employees would find this product helpful. Additionally, it is virtually free, making it accessible to companies with any level of revenue. The documents that can be created in Google Drive are professional in appearance, rivaling any other word processing program.
July 27, 2018

Google Drive Review: "The Great Drive"

Google Drive helps all employees stay organized and on top of daily tasks. It also allows for real-time collaboration across departments and for feedback vertically and horizontally in the company. It is used by individual teams across the company.
  • Real time editing and multiple simultaneous users
  • Available on all devices
  • Large storage capacity
  • Better organization across different Google accounts
  • A way to recover older versions of a document
  • More text editing options
Best for situations where people in different places need to collaborate in real time or are not able to meet up.
June 28, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Online and right where it needs to be!"

Google Drive is an excellent cloud-based document creation and management software. Google Drive offers options beyond documents to forms, sheets, and PowerPoints as well. It makes it easy to share and simultaneously edit documents in real time with those it is shared with.
  • Great templates offered for each type of document
  • Clean and easy to organize files into various folders and share entire folders at one
  • There are still not as many options as its desktop competitors offer.
  • Google Drive could improve its offline editing features.
Google Drive is well suited for anyone in any stage of life. For individuals or for businesses, it is a great option for document management!
April 02, 2018

Google Drive Review: "Best tool for working on docs/sheets by far"

We currently use Google Drive for (1) storing files and (2) to collaborate on projects.
Number 2 is the one that gets more use. We create documents and spreadsheets with shared content. Sales, customer data, project information, almost anything that needs to be shared within our team and needs collaboration of many people. We use it across the whole organization. Sales creates spreadsheets with reports; logistics create sheets with delayed packages; marketing uses it for storing ideas, making forecasts, you get the idea. Everybody could use a spreadsheet or document for something and then share it with another.
We also use it to collaborate with people outside our organization when it's needed.
  • Very fast at creating and sharing documents. You can start a document in less than 3 seconds and share it in another 3.
  • It works very fast, considering you're working on the internet, on real time, with lots of people and for free. It's amazing.
  • Versioning is great. All the history gets saved and it's easy to restore in case you made a mistake.
  • You can upload almost anything and send it to somebody. Interface is easy to use.
  • Managing permissions is easy and useful.
  • Importing CSV, a very particular feature, works VERY good. You can also export to XLSX or whatever you want.
  • Adding features via scripts works awesome too. You can export JSON, create macros from one sheet to another... endless possibilities.
  • Some functions are not there, in Sheets or Docs. Of course you need to consider that this is made for collaboration and you can't expect to have all the functionalities in Word or Excel, but from time to time the things you need aren't there (more graphs and advanced customization options). In line with that, Slides is way worse than Powerpoint, so we don't use it much.
  • When you have very big files, it gets slow. That's reasonable but if you work with huge files it may be a problem.
If you don't work with very specific files, very big files or have privacy concerns (because you work with very sensitive information), then use Drive. I can't think of many cases where you wouldn't want to use it. It's very easy to work with, it's powerful, scalable, you can save history, and you can add comments. I actually don't know when you wouldn't want to use it. The storing of files is another story. You have many options and I don't know if this is the best value, but at least the Docs/Sheets/Forms/etc features are amazing.
May 25, 2018

User Review: "Google Drive is simply one of the best"

Google Drive is used by many employees for file storage purposes. Typically, Google Drive documents are shared for one-off, collaborative use-cases. Although not the primary file storage platform used at our company, Google Drive is reliable and provides a sufficient amount of storage for users wishing for a quick and easy solution. For a free product, there's not much to complain about Google Drive.
  • Collaborating with external individuals
  • File storage and updating processes are seamless
  • Easy-to-use
  • N/A
Google Drive is best for small engagements. For more storage, you will have to pay for the amount of space that you desire.

Versioning (66)
Access control (75)
File search (76)
Device sync (70)
9.2
User and role management (71)
File organization (74)