- Google Drive allows you to upload files in different types of formats
- This software offers a large storage space and its developers work continuously in order to expand it even more
- I can access my information from any platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer)
- It has a very simple interface that does not look appealing to the eye
- To have access to the files it is essential to have an internet connection
- Does not have client support for Linux
- Syncs quickly so that remote teams can view the same document (and any new changes) automatically
- Provides a variety of documents to choose from for your specific needs
- Is easy to use and effective
- I’d like to see more of a customer support base. If you need help, you’re diverted to a message board full of other confused people and it can be hard to find an answer—especially if your question is very specific.
- Easy to use. It looks a lot like a typical file explorer in your OS and can be learned almost immediately
- Integrates well with whatever device you're using. You can use the sync software to keep files synced across devices and access them natively like you would any other file
- Deep integration with GSuite (and many other non-Google products) makes it very versatile and for a good central repository for files, especially ones shared by your team
- Can be hard to determine what files are using up your quota
- Sharing files with non-Drive users can be tricky
- It is multiplatform as there is a version available for Android, Linux, Mac, and Windows
- 5 GB of free storage and can be expanded by payments
- Connect with your other products such as Google+ and Google Docs
- Security in the copy of data
- Google Drive syncing supports multiple devices and operating systems, although it does not support Linux natively.
- Drive allows you to share files and folders using the mobile application or in the web browser interface.
- It also offers the option of granting view and edit permissions to those with whom you share certain information, allowing personalization. The only drawback is that, without passwords or expiration dates on those links, it can pose a possible security problem if you do not move your shared files or folders in the future.
- Drive offers comparable security features, although it uses 256-bit AES encryption with files in transit and 128-bit AES encryption when idle. This can improve it.
- I found Google drive as the best medium to share files with clients and keep important backups.
- It has adequate storage capacity for all our data which was need of an hour me.
- Whenever we think of a solution for backup, Google Drive makes sure of security and files are backed up as we wanted.
- I really love the architecture and features of Google Drive that fullfils all my professional needs.
- After using the Google Drive for these many years I see a lot of improvements and it is difficult to see any loopholes.
- One thing I feel to be improved is the user interface where the variations can be brought in.
- Secondly, there should be separate plans for freelancers and content writers with value-added services.
- Secures documents in a cloud location
- Easy to share files with other Google Drive users
- Files are available whenever they may be needed
- User Interface could stand to be less confusing, but once you get the hang of navigation its easy to use
- The possibility of sharing any kind of file is one of the best features of this tool. You can share image, text, docs, music, and videos without restrictions. This is a great option for people who work with files that are being constantly modified.
- Another great feature it is that you do not have any restriction in the file size, you can send and share a file with as many megas as you want, no matter whether it is a video, a music file o a big set of data, you can share a file no matter the size in a secure way.
- The option of selecting who can edit files and who cannot it is one of my favorite features, because it allows me to show my partners only what I want them to see and what I want them to modify, facilitating our daily tasks and making sure that everyone gets their opinions heard on any specific issue.
- There is a big problem when you share a document within a group of people and that is that anyone who have accces to the document can erase without any warning to the other members of the group, this can be very dangerous if you have problems in your teamwork and someone wants to sabotage the job.
- Google Drive unlike gmail and another apps has no opportunity to use without internet connection, that means that you do not have the opportunity to work or consult a document if your internet connection it is down or it is unstable.
- Google Drive only offers a limited number of free gygabytes of storage, if you manage big files like music or videos you can have some trouble because if you do not want to pay for the premium version, you have to constantly erase your files every time you need to put new ones on the app.
- Share information online
- Security to safeguard data in the tool
- Immediate update of information without much work
- I think they could improve the visualization of data in the tool
- I think the application could be more user-friendly
- Include a Q&A section to help advise users
- Easy to learn and easy to use. Everything is laid out intuitively so it's easy to pick things up!
- You can make endless folders to keep everything organized.
- It's easy to share files and links with others.
- You can easily set level of privilege that the people you share the files with have, so not everyone is able to edit.
- When converting to a PDF file, the formatting may change, which can be annoying for documents that require particular citation formats or images.
- The switching between gmail accounts used to work a lot better for me. Now, I have to sign out each time and sign back in to my other account instead of clicking the button on the dropdown menu.
Not as good for the end stretch of a project when you're focusing on making your document look nice.
- Its capacity to store information, approximately 15 GB
- The programs inside of Google Drive: Google Docs, Google Sheet, Google Presentation
- Without internet connection you can not access your files
- If your internet password is weak, you can be a victim of hacking
If you are working as a team, and you can not agree, the use of this program can be difficult, since everyone would be editing a file at the same time and this can cause problems.
- You can access your documents as long as you have an internet connection just by accessing your Google Drive account. No other requirements are needed.
- You can create documents directly in Google Drive and when changes are made it automatically saves them which saves a lot of time.
- Documents can easily be accessed by using other Google apps.
- Since it works off an internet connection, sometimes it can limit you on getting your documents.
- There is always the risk of hacking and documents being exposed.
- Helps to save all important information and access it from anywhere in the world.
- Very secure and easy to use.
- The mobile app is also very flexible to use.
- Storage of any type of file such as ppt, pdf, jpg all is possible.
- Since it is an online storage there is always a risk of hackers accessing all the important data and files.
- It requires an internet connection without it, it is not possible to access the files.
- It takes plenty of time to upload a file on Google drive.
- Error Free
- Comes with 15B of Space for all
- All in one suite with Google Sheets, Docs, etc.
- Shouldn't count Gmail Attachment against free space.
- Whenever you create Google Docs file it stores the link on the computer.
- Want Password Protection for files.
- Organizes documents and folders, making everything easily accessible.
- Allows for sharing of large files.
- Allows for sharing of documents and folders inside and outside of your organization.
- Trouble sharing documents with users that do not have a Gmail account.
- Trouble finding documents that I have not recently accessed.
- Limited features on some of the programs within Google Drive.
- Easy to create and share files on cloud.
- Easy to take backup in case we lost our device as everything stored on cloud.
- It allows to store any type of file or document.
- Instant access of files without downloading it on device.
- It should support all types of text formatting.
- Little bit complex to mange the sources as we don't know which shared location we have used.
- Speed of accessing files depends on internet speed as their is no offline version is available.
- Great templates offered for each type of document
- Clean and easy to organize files into various folders and share entire folders at one
- There are still not as many options as its desktop competitors offer.
- Google Drive could improve its offline editing features.
Number 2 is the one that gets more use. We create documents and spreadsheets with shared content. Sales, customer data, project information, almost anything that needs to be shared within our team and needs collaboration of many people. We use it across the whole organization. Sales creates spreadsheets with reports; logistics create sheets with delayed packages; marketing uses it for storing ideas, making forecasts, you get the idea. Everybody could use a spreadsheet or document for something and then share it with another.
We also use it to collaborate with people outside our organization when it's needed.
- Very fast at creating and sharing documents. You can start a document in less than 3 seconds and share it in another 3.
- It works very fast, considering you're working on the internet, on real time, with lots of people and for free. It's amazing.
- Versioning is great. All the history gets saved and it's easy to restore in case you made a mistake.
- You can upload almost anything and send it to somebody. Interface is easy to use.
- Managing permissions is easy and useful.
- Importing CSV, a very particular feature, works VERY good. You can also export to XLSX or whatever you want.
- Adding features via scripts works awesome too. You can export JSON, create macros from one sheet to another... endless possibilities.
- Some functions are not there, in Sheets or Docs. Of course you need to consider that this is made for collaboration and you can't expect to have all the functionalities in Word or Excel, but from time to time the things you need aren't there (more graphs and advanced customization options). In line with that, Slides is way worse than Powerpoint, so we don't use it much.
- When you have very big files, it gets slow. That's reasonable but if you work with huge files it may be a problem.
Google Drive is being used Organization Wide, It makes documents and Files very accessible from anywhere.
Some use it as a Backup system for their local Files and Folders by using the local Google Drive to sync all their files.
It works perfect for us since we already use Google Suite for email Docs calendar ....
Takes the complexity from managing a local file server.
offsets the security of keeping such a server.
makes files and folder available for your users whereve and whenever and on whatever system or browser they are or .
Secure aceess control by Gmail account gives the admin visibility into who accessed what in the enterprise...
- Cloud Storage
- Sharing of documents
- Growth of business
- Sharing with privacy requires people to have a google account
- Sometime Google Drive downloads get muddled with personal accounts and it's hard to untangle them.
- Google Drive tracks changes in real time so documents can be quickly updated and shared.
- Finding individual documents can be cumbersome, since all users are tied to the names originally given to files and the search function does not extend to the contents of each document.
- Manage cryptocurrency investments
- Write all my blog articles
- Manage media like pictures and videos
- Enable editing of images inside Google Drive rather than using an add on
- Ability to share photos to Google photos as well as from Google photos to Drive
- For a business who wants instant access to all their files without having to download and sync to their desktop without having to install and update office software. Also the ability to share and collaborate across teams rather than using email speeds up productivity and get tasks done quicker.
- For a business who doesn't want to employ external IT support to manage and backup their files.
- File Management and organization
- All the features and functionality needed for most spreadsheets, docs, and presentations.
- Version control
- Log-in from work addresses vs personal gmail accounts
Google Drive Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Google Drive
Google Drive Integrations
Google Drive Technical Details