April 09, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
- Backstop API
- Private Equity Module
Overall Satisfaction with Backstop
Backstop is used by our investment team for tracking notes from internal/external meetings and calls, as well as for portfolio oversight and management through the private equity module.
- Storage of notes from calls and meetings.
- Tracking portfolio holding balances, transactions, and IRRs/MOICs.
- Allowing flexibility for client-defined uses.
- Simplicity, ease of use (hard to get everyone on the team on the same page for how to use it).
- Opportunities have been really hard for us to leverage.
- It seems like it's geared towards salespeople sometimes instead of portfolio managers, etc.
- Makes our team more efficient (i.e. less people needed for admin work).
- Allows PMs to spend more time on their jobs and less on systems maintenance/tracking.
- Increases transparency across teams (other teams can log into Backstop to see the latest updates).
I have not used or evaluated any Backstop competitors. Freestone already used Backstop when I started.
Backstop support is fantastic. They always pick up the phone without a wait and are highly knowledgeable, I rarely need more than 5 minutes to fix an issue.
Do you think Backstop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Backstop's feature set?
Did Backstop live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Backstop go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Backstop again?