Backstop is used by our investment team for tracking notes from internal/external meetings and calls, as well as for portfolio oversight and management through the private equity module.
- Storage of notes from calls and meetings.
- Tracking portfolio holding balances, transactions, and IRRs/MOICs.
- Allowing flexibility for client-defined uses.
- Simplicity, ease of use (hard to get everyone on the team on the same page for how to use it).
- Opportunities have been really hard for us to leverage.
- It seems like it's geared towards salespeople sometimes instead of portfolio managers, etc.
I think for people who are in investment sales or portfolio management, Backstop can be an incredibly valuable resource.
Backstop support is fantastic. They always pick up the phone without a wait and are highly knowledgeable, I rarely need more than 5 minutes to fix an issue.