Overall Satisfaction with Birst
We are currently using Birst for internal reporting. The first series of dashboards are focusing on our sales team. The dashboard is being used by our Sales Executive team, as well as our regional sales managers. The report is really intuitive and user friendly. Users are able to easily drill down to Swift's top and bottom performing sales reps and customers. With this data, we can refocus and restructure short and long term goals.
- User friendly interface - easy to adapt to and start creating valuable reports
- Birst's Customer Success Team - always responds to emails in a timely manner. This is really important to new customers, and Birst has a great, intelligent, and hard working CSM assigned to every customer
- Think Tank - this is a great tool for immediate help and feedback. You can always expect someone in the Birst family to help assist you with any of your needs
- More features in Visualizer would be great. I am currently using designer to complete most of my reports
- A better Geo Map - The Birst standard geo map is not as robust and most of their chart options. A geo map with zip code capabilities would be a great feature
- Faster data processing
We selected Birst due to the amount of time it takes to go from implementation to live usage. Most BI tools take a lot of time to create the data warehouse prior to creating useful reports. Birst, however, does not take much time at all. Also, Birst does not take a large BI team to maintain reports and data. These two things were major selling points
This is a quick and easy decision due to the selling points I discussed in the previous question. Swift is confident that we can keep up with the demand for reports with a very lean BI team.
Birst is one of the easiest BI tools to adopt; however, I would first be clear on what you are trying to accomplish by implementing a BI tool. If it is to simply re-create Excel reports, then I would probably stick with Excel, BUT if you want to use it for micro analytics and diagnostics, then I would highly recommend this tool.