Blackboard Collaborate for Optimal Company Communications!https://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingBlackboard CollaborateUnspecified6.8901012016-09-29T17:22:59.765Z
September 29, 2016
Blackboard Collaborate for Optimal Company Communications!
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Blackboard Collaborate
Blackboard Collaborate is utilized by my company for teachers to hold office hours for students within the online courses provided by the company. It is also used to hold virtual department meetings. This addresses our need for communication between teachers and students, teachers and other teachers, and teacher and management staff.
- The ability to host a number of people in a meeting and manage their participation via text and audio.
- The screen sharing features allows presenters to demonstrate procedures exactly as instructed on the screen. This also allows the presenter to permit others to share their screens if they need clarification of something or to share further ideas.
- The software gives you the freedom to use a whiteboard to draw/demonstrate concepts to students and other employees.
- Some of the newest computer high resolution screens are not as compatible with the interface. The font and windows are much smaller and the user is not able to increase the size of the windows to make it easier to read/navigate.
- The audio can sometimes be inconsistent and tune in and out when someone is speaking. This is not every time though and many times the audio is clear.
- The login process takes a bit longer to get into the program. You have to go through a few step process and loading time to get into the application.
- The program has allowed enhanced communications between teachers and students so that students can get real time tutoring and not rely on back and forth emails.
- The program gives teachers a platform to come together and participate in professional development activities together and ask questions/make suggestions in real time.
- Has created an "office" like atmosphere online to help simulate a brick and mortar classroom teacher office where students can feel comfortable communicating with teachers about their concerns.
It definitely is well suited for department meetings and communication between students and teachers for online tutoring. I actually think it could be useful for a variety of companies, especially for employee training purposes. It may be a bit too complicated for generic communications with clients.