Adobe Acrobat DC Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D. profile photo
October 16, 2019

Adobe Acrobat DC Review

Most of our use is in reading and creating of PDF document formats. We either print to PDF from another document source or open PDF documents within the Adobe software. Overall for the needs of the group and the business, the software adequately meets the needs of the users, internally and externally to the business (employees and customers).
  • Reading PDF documents, mainly because it is the native document format for the software
  • Highlighting, bookmarking and making notes on documents
  • Digital signatures and document sharing capabilities
  • Search function is a little weak, especially if the original document is an older document
  • Image to text interface would be nice. If I can scan a document to a pdf, and the software is smart enough to recognize the text to make it searchable it would be beneficial
  • Merging files would be a nice add, but I believe that comes with the full version of Adobe Acrobat
As a document reader and file export software it hits the marks that are necessary to make the software useful in a business environment. It is also helpful to get an entire team on a license of adobe without the need to break the bank on full license structures for everyone that might not use the entirety of the paid version of the software. Less useful are the document manipulation and search functions available to the free DC version of the software package. Full Adobe likely has all the bells and whistles, but it would be nice to have some of the functionality in the freeware software.
Read Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D.'s full review
Karen Zelzer profile photo
Our company uses Adobe Acrobat DC for all of our reports we send to our clients. We used the program to make fallible forms that are sent to our clients to make data collection more coefficients. We use the organize pages tool often to compile and reorganize our reports and we use the edit and comment tools to make collaboration projects more efficient.
  • The organize pages tool makes changing page orientations and locations easy.
  • Having the option to lock a file is beneficial for our company to insure our document is not being tampered with by another user.
  • Recently had issues adjusting the font size on one of the editable text documents. There is no quick and easy why to change the font, it felt like I had to really search for this simple edit I needed to make.
Well suited for compiling reports with multiple PDF files and then allowing the user to reorganize the document and pages without having to start over. Also allows a document to be locked so it can not be edited by another user, this insures that the document will remain valid.

We had a project where a client provided us with PDF maps and needed us to identify areas of concern. Instead of recreating the maps in a different program, we were able to use the comment tool to add lines/figures/text/arrows and other shapes that helped to quickly determine areas of concern for our client and produced a professional looking document. Being able to do this in Adobe Acrobat DC saved time for both our company and for our client.
Read Karen Zelzer's full review
Lisa Cooley profile photo
October 18, 2019

We love Acrobat!

We've used Adobe Acrobat DC both in my current business and in my previous business where I oversaw a staff of eight. Our business involves a lot of .pdf sales offers, and Acrobat was critical in creating, editing, and sending .pdfs. We didn't rely on it so much to track changes because most of the changes we'd made were visual and were usually made by one or two people. We also used it to routinely add our letterhead to invoices created by a separate accounting program. With Adobe Acrobat, we were able to better control how our identity appeared while also using the accounting and inventory program we liked the most.
  • Creates .pdfs
  • Makes it very easy to edit .pdfs, frequently without having to open up the original document and resave before editing.
  • Highly versatile.
  • I would like to see Acrobat take on some of the light functionality of Illustrator for making small graphic changes without having to go back to the original document and resave. Essentially, I'd like to be able to do graphically what you can more easily do for text.
  • The new user interface is more difficult for me than the previous interface.
  • I wish it was easier to figure out adding the signature functionality.
Anyone who is processing documents and working collaboratively needs Acrobat. Period. We've had wonderful experiences using it for sales offers. But it's not where you're going to exercise full visual creative control. All those little nuances need to be done in Illustrator or InDesign. I also love being able to do light .pdf editing on my phone.
Read Lisa Cooley's full review
Jerome Pierce profile photo
October 18, 2019

Acrobat DC Review

Adobe Acrobat DC is a standard app used for both Mac and PC's at our institute. We roll this out to every user for easy PDF viewing capabilities.
  • Works excellent for viewing PDF and PDF-type files
  • Easy installation
  • Works well with many PDF type files
  • This is strictly for reading
  • Would like to see more editing options, such as the ability to digitally sign a PDF. We have to purchase Acrobat Pro to perform this function
  • Would like to see fewer updates which tend to break custom printer settings
Great for viewing PDFs directly from email clients.
Read Jerome Pierce's full review
Chike Igwegbe profile photo
We use Adobe Acrobat DC across our whole organization when we do presentations, most of our documents are prepared using PowerPoint then are converted to Adobe Acrobat DC which allows people within and outside our organization view the documents without allowing them to edit.

This gives us proper control of our proprietary document, also with Adobe Acrobat DC the size of the document is easily compressed making it smaller and easier to email to other users.
  • With Adobe Acrobat DC you can easily upload your document to the cloud then share via email or you copy and send the link.
  • You can easily attach your signature.
  • Conversion from Adobe Acrobat DC to Word, PowerPoint etc., is easy!!
  • Adobe Acrobat DC also makes your work look professional.
  • Limit the time it takes to generate a shareable link.
  • Conversion to jpeg is needed.
  • There are too many Adobe products, can't they be listed on the home page of Adobe Acrobat DC to allow people make informed decisions?
It is mostly suited for most businesses who need to prepare documents and share documents, I would easily recommend Adobe Acrobat DC to any business. It is a must-have. I personally think every business needs to use Adobe Acrobat DC, you will certainly enjoy the features that allows you to convert from Word, Excel etc., to PDF, and vice-versa.
Read Chike Igwegbe's full review
Lacey Tallmadge profile photo
It is used across our HR department on a daily basis. It eliminates the need to print out nearly all the documents we use to on-board a new employee, which is a huge time-saver.
  • Allowing us to edit files live within the document.
  • Allowing re-organization of pages, rotating pages in an alternate direction and deleting pages.
  • Adding in a signature is huge for us. My department is split and we use this to eliminate the need for a printed copy signed and scanned back in.
  • I've had Adobe Acrobat DC crash a lot lately.
  • I would like to be able to save more than 2 signature.
  • Adding in text is sometimes difficult and can cause the program to crash.
I process a lot of documents that come through as faxes. In one instance, a single set of documents came through in 9 different faxes. Ultimately, they all needed to be combined into their own files and saved individually. Rather than printing each efax, organizing the pages and then scanning everything back in, I can efficiently move pages around with the Organize function. The need for a "wet" signature might be the only limitation I have come up against.
Read Lacey Tallmadge's full review
JOAN HOPE profile photo
Most of the staff here use BlueBeam. I use Acrobat because it gives more flexibility in editing, combining documents, filling out forms, affixing signatures, etc.
  • Ability to sign documents: it's easy and allows multiple signatures in a single document.
  • Combining documents into a single document or a portfolio is easy and convenient.
  • Using Outlook's "convert to Adobe pdf" works well, it's much better than print, save to pdf, which produces atrocious saved documents.
  • Converting a scanned PDF to a Word document is just awful. It's generally easier just to retype the document.
  • The edit function in Adobe is hit and miss. The groupings of words/lines/sentences/objects are often very strange and generally in blocks that are too small. Some items are apparently uneditable without deleting a block altogether; highlighting and lines (as found in a form) are examples.
  • The font options are limited as for formatting. There is no way to change some defaults. The line spacing, for example, defaults to 1.10 rather than single spacing. Who on earth uses this line spacing for ANYTHING? It would be nice if Adobe would involve actual users in their design decisions or at least give users the option to set their own default settings.
Best suited to filling out forms, adding signatures to documents, saving emails, and minor edits to existing documents. Not a good option for converting documents to different formats (Word in particular), editing heavily formatted documents, or extensive edits.
Read JOAN HOPE's full review
Christopher McDaniel profile photo
We use Adobe Acrobat to prepare documents to send out to our customers. These docs are used for security agreements and guarantees, so having Adobe has made creating these docs much easier. Our entire company has some form of Adobe and everyone uses it and likes it. Great product for a great price.
  • We are able to draft Docs and add signature requirements much more easily than prior to Adobe.
  • Being able to edit and correct files sent in is a huge benefit.
  • Being able to convert and save just about any file to an Adobe PDF has saved a ton of time and money.
  • Registering my Adobe Acrobat license was a bit of a challenge. The first time I tried, it failed and I wasn't able to try it again. Our IT Dept. got involved and squared it all away but it was troublesome at first.
If you need to credit documents or forms, then this is a great tool to have at your disposal. Creating and converting PDFs is so much easier now and has saved me a ton of time and headaches.
Read Christopher McDaniel's full review
Nick Walters profile photo
I use it almost every day, as do all my associates.
  • It is very user-friendly for editing documents.
  • The fill and sign feature is so very helpful for getting multiple people to sign documents.
  • Reformatting Word Docs to PDFs is a very helpful feature.
  • It would help if there was "laymans language" in the help box. For example: What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Sometimes I have to re-name files when I save them.
It helps us to use the icons to help edit and make documents.
Read Nick Walters's full review
Arika Chioma Ejim profile photo
Currently, I use the "Document Cloud" to interact with our presenters. I run about 100 plus webinars a year within the association. Acrobat is great when trying to share resources and even to gain signatures for important documents. This product has changed the way we interact with our members and associates.
  • I can make edits directly from my iPad while away from the office with no issue.
  • I can create cross conversions between different document types.
  • For what I use the product, for now, it is great. I am not sure of any changes that would make the product better.
We work with several presenters on several meetings including our annual meeting, regional meeting, and webinars. Using Acrobat makes it so much easier to edit, share and sign documents quickly. The features are great and I don't have to worry about running back to the office to get things done.
Read Arika Chioma Ejim's full review
Sudha Govindaraju profile photo
September 12, 2019

Use Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC is used in almost every department in my organization. There are a lot of tasks involved, with editing, creating, signing and sharing of PDF documents, and Adobe Acrobat DC helps to do all the work from any device at any place. It also helps to manage our documents.
  • Editing documents.
  • Signing PDF documents.
  • Sharing PDFs across devices.
  • Too cumbersome.
  • Non-intuitive.
  • Subscription model.
Adobe Acrobat is a really powerful and feature-rich PDF editor. It allows us to do almost everything with a PDF file, such as edit, annotate, fill out forms, signatures, etc. We can also use it to create PDF files from other file types. It helps a great deal in sharing PDF files.
Read Sudha Govindaraju's full review
Wajeeh Rehman profile photo
September 11, 2019

Adobe is the PDF guru

Adobe Acrobat DC is being used for all departments in our organization. This is the most used tool for everyday work. Adobe Acrobat DC provides many advanced tools to make our work easy. We can also convert PDF`s into other formats. As a finance professional, this is a must-have software to meet daily reporting requirements.
  • Best reading experience.
  • Easy conversion into different formats.
  • Best for presenting documents.
  • Conversion into Excel could be better.
  • Sometimes it stops responding.
It is well suited for situations where you are about to present your data to some clients or partners. It gives you nice printing options as well.
Read Wajeeh Rehman's full review
Nicholas Kouvatsos profile photo
We've used Adobe Acrobat in many ways over the years. We use it for creating fillable form PDFs, and converting documents to PDF. I also really like the ability to convert scanned documents to PDF with editable text using OCR. I have my signature uploaded, so I always use it to quickly fill and sign documents that are sent to me, even if the publisher did make them fillable/signable. Most recently, we've added using the Adobe Sign feature for sending documents for signature to our own clients.
  • It's the standard in creating PDFs. You can convert pretty much any document to PDF.
  • Editing existing PDFs is easy with Adobe Acrobat. Even if the existing PDFs are scanned documents, you can still edit the text of the document.
  • Filling out PDFs sent to you is really easy, even if the publisher of the PDF did not make it fillable and signable.
  • Sending documents for signature is easy with the Adobe Sign integration.
  • I don't really have any complaints. It does everything it's supposed to do very well.
Again, probably my favorite feature of Adobe Acrobat is the ability to edit existing PDFs with it. While it's best to go back to the original file, make the edits, and export again as a new PDF, when that's not possible, it's extremely easy to make edits to existing PDFs, even if the document was scanned and is a flat image. Adobe Acrobat will convert the text in the image to editable text, and that text still looks the same, even if you add characters. I don't know exactly how it works, but it seems like it creates a font out of the text image and uses that.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review
Karee Smith profile photo
November 08, 2019

Adobe review

Use it to edit, comment on, and arrange PDFs. Also, we use it to make forms to fill in.
  • Easy to arrange pages
  • Can make editable
  • Can mark up
  • Make it usable in Google Docs/Drive.
  • Easier to share and edit with others.
  • Easier to make it your default reader.
We use it a lot to add comments and edits on each other's work.
Read Karee Smith's full review
Paula Byrd profile photo
I am a remote tax preparer and I need to be able to markup PDFs as well as secure them with a password. I send documents that are not finalized using Adobe Acrobat DC for clients to review and I use the stamps and watermarks often. I use it for everything in between as well.
  • Editing PDFs
  • Making / saving comments and questions
  • Able to open in different PDF reader software
  • Adding different tools is somewhat confusing. Sometimes you go into the tool to use it and find out it isn't included in your particular subscription.
I do not see where it is not well suited for my business. I find it most helpful when running a relatively paperless business.
Read Paula Byrd's full review
Özgür Erkek, MSc, PRINCE2® profile photo
Adobe Acrobat reader is being used for our entire organization, it is either an as-installed program, or users can install it themselves. We are dealing with .pdf files frequently due to file format efficiency and robustness. As a consequence of using .pdf format, we need a robust program to view or edit files. So far I can say Acrobat reader is doing the job properly. Not perfectly, but in a robust and efficient way.
  • Ability to use one cloud server for saving your files/documents
  • If purchased, you can not only edit, combine and extract your files but also add digital stamp and signature to your files
  • Converting pdf files from taken photos with mobile and desktop versions
  • Converting files from Office (Word, Excel etc.) to pdf
  • You can use mobile version and integrate with desktop by signing with your account
  • Most of the critical features do not exist on the free version
  • It can slow down or become buggy (mostly for mobile, but also desktop as well) if you try to open larger files
  • Sometimes causes sync issues while loading from cloud
I think Adobe Reader DC is an essential tool for daily office life especially features like e-signature and fill/edit features are considered. Printing a document filling manually with a pen, signing and then scanning to create .pdf again is dead. In today's digital world, filling a .pdf file and signing it digitally is a ''must''. Keeping and reaching your documents from cloud also kind of a ''must'' feature nowadays. Therefore I find Adobe Reader DC is a key software for your office. Purchasing options including cloud services can be pricey, but when you think about the efficiency and the cost savings, it becomes a logical choice.
Read Özgür Erkek, MSc, PRINCE2®'s full review
Susan Hammiche profile photo
Adobe Acrobat DC is used within our organization on a daily basis. You can review documents, create them, sign files or convert other files to use with Adobe. It makes it easy to organize documents and distribute to others. It is used by everyone in the company as it makes it easy to get documents signed by others online rather than printing.
  • Convert Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to PDF.
  • Edit documents and even scans - making changes to an existing document is easier than creating a whole new one.
  • Apply PDF passwords and permissions to secure documents when emailing them.
  • Send and track files online. See who opened the document so it is easier to follow up.
  • Customer service was lagging a little bit during the contact I had with them.
Adobe Acrobat DC is great when you deal with a lot of documents. For example, you can send a contract for signature and track online who viewed and signed it, or scan documents and make changes to it if needed. If you have sensitive information such as paystubs, they can be sent out with a password to prevent unauthorized access. You can also combine files and images into one document to reduce the clutter.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Peter Day profile photo
Adobe Acrobat DC is no longer being used by the business, it has been cancelled as of today. The online Adobe system, as confirmed by Adobe, has a bug (case numbers can be provided) that currently they have no fix for. This has been going on for 8 weeks, and the system allows one-time use then advises the Customer that they need to subscribe. It has taken 6 weeks for Adobe to confirm the bug is present and currently have advised they are working on it but this has been going on for a further two weeks. We have cooperated and allowed Adobe access to our systems to run logs and to get as much data as they required, the result is: They advise today that the subscription is cancelled and have refunded £43. Cost to my business extends into the thousands. We would advise anyone thinking of using this service to look at alternatives until the platform is more reliable, but Adobe is unable to advise when this will be. Adobe's CEO is aware of our issue.
  • We are unable to provide anything that would compliment Adobe
  • Had they accepted and investigated the issue from the beginning rather than keep telling us the problem was out of their systems we may have commented positively
  • Listen to their Customers
  • Don't assume Customers are all thick and unable to understand how a computer functions
  • Accept their system is not infallible
No can't think of nothing positive about our experience.
Read Peter Day's full review
Hanzhi Jiang profile photo
It's being used by all the research analysts for projects and meetings. We make brochures and reports and present them to the clients.
  • Easy to edit texts even though it's in PDF format
  • we could change cover and edit pages well
  • transform into words or other formats easily
  • sometimes when there are pictures involved, the ability to transform into editable text is not good
For research teams who make PDF reports to clients, Adobe Acrobat DC is extremely useful and helpful.
Read Hanzhi Jiang's full review
Jamie Wilkinson profile photo
September 16, 2019

Adobe Acrobat DC Review

It is used by our Marketing department to edit presentations.
  • Move slides around on our presentations.
  • Making small amendments.
  • Adding in additional slides.
  • Ease of use on mobile devices.
Adobe Acrobat DC is ideal to move slides on a PDF presentation.
Read Jamie Wilkinson's full review
We use Adobe Acrobat DC to compile and manipulate documents. That sort of sounds like corporate-speak and it really undersells how powerful Adobe Acrobat DC is - it is one of the most powerful pieces of software currently installed on my computer.

I'll give an example. In the transnational practice of corporate law firms, we often compile documents (particularly officer's certificates) which attach other, older documents as schedules. One way to do this is to kill a couple of trees, print everything out, and scan it back into the system. This is how I used to do things before I got Adobe Acrobat DC. Now, with Adobe, I just compiled the scanned versions of the documents into a single PDF. This saves time (it's slightly faster than the old process) and money (because my printing has gone down substantially).
  • The text recognition feature is something I use almost every day.
  • Compiling documents from exiting Word and PDF documents
  • The auto-convert feature (to convert an existing PDF document to Word) is very powerful.
  • Cost - it is powerful but expensive. I managed to get approval but someone in our organization just told me the other day she was going to hold off because it was so expensive.
  • Some of the time I wish the page editing features were a little more robust
Another example (beyond the one I gave above). It is common for transactional law firms to re-use existing chunks of text from prior documents (often saved onto our systems as PDFs) in new documents. The Adobe text recognition feature will recognize all of the text in a document (or in just a specific page - which is very helpful for long documents so you aren't just sitting there waiting for the text recognition to finish) and then you can copy it into Word. This saves time (because neither my assistant or I have to manually type in the clause) and money (because when you do that copy typing you normally have to print the page first, so my printing goes down).
Some of the agents and PMs use adobe as a solution to editing PDF documents and getting them authorized/executed through their 'signing' feature. It is not a company-wide mandated or sponsored application at our organization. There is a small group of us internally that, as a part of our ongoing, regular responsibilities, need to adjust forms and have clients sign them and a few of us identified Acrobat DC as a solution for this and have been using pretty consistently (sometimes use other tools with similar capabilities) ever since.
  • Compatibility with various file types.
  • Ability to edit PDF documents.
  • Ability to create forms/pdfs from scratch.
  • Ability to send documents out to clients for signature/signing capability (all in the app).
  • Pricing structure (there are some lower cost and free alternatives in the marketplace with many similar - not All - features).
  • The UI feels a bit dated overall.
  • Mobile App functionality could be easier overall (see my notes on competitor/similar products).
It is great for its ability to easily edit PDF documents or forms that, without it, are impossible to edit. Prior to discovering Adobe Acrobat DC and its competitor applications, you would have to print a form, hand sign it, scan it, save it, and email it. With Adobe you can do all that, easily, without any equipment and without leaving the app. Adobe allows you to enter text directly into form fields and email documents out for signature to clients or other parties, directly from the application. While all of this sounds simply, anyone who has ever been locked out of a PDF/form for editing knows how much of a pain it is when you have to print/hand sign/scan the old fashioned way.
Our medium-sized organization uses Adobe Acrobat DC primarily within our Sales & Marketing departments to manage, edit, share, create, and prepare for printing various PDF files. Adobe Acrobat DC helps us with our digital and print document needs by providing tools like editability, watermarking, pre-press proofing, and the ability to combine multiple PDFs, re-organize them, and compress them for distribution.
  • Editing PDFs. This is a really big feature that we use a lot.
  • Combining multiple files into one PDF.
  • Proofing PDFs prior to delivery and distribution.
  • There are some times when the program seems to run slowly, especially when handling large files.
  • Occasionally when editing a PDF, the software will not recognize the correct font to replace text with.
  • The program really wants to become the default PDF reader for your system, and it can be frustrating to keep that from happening if you don't want it to.
Adobe Acrobat DC is very well suited for scenarios where you need to edit or otherwise manipulate PDF files. For instance, if you have several PDF files in a folder and you need to combine them into one file with bookmarks, or if you need to replace a logo on a PDF with a different file, these are great uses for Acrobat DC. If you just need to read PDF files, then you can typically do that just fine with a free PDF reader (Adobe Reader works great here).
We use Adobe Acrobat DC throughout our entire organization. Our writers and designers alike use it to create client-ready documents. Our quality control team also uses it to check over documents without using the actual editable doc. It's been great for our company for these purposes, and we know it will continue to be a great asset in the future.
  • Produce client-ready documents
  • Ability to add notes to documents
  • Shareable PDFs
  • Ability to edit docs directly
Adobe Acrobat DC has been very well suited for our company in providing client-ready documents for all of our clients. We are able to take editable documents and turn them into uneditable, finished docs that our clients love. It's also easy to make notations on documents, which has been great for our QC process.
I use Adobe Acrobat DC on a daily basis. Since I do bookkeeping and consulting I need a product to create and or modify documents into .pdf form so I can attach them to recorded transactions in accounting software. I have also found it useful to export pdf documents to Excel so I can use the data to speed up my consulting services. In addition, I use Adobe Acrobat DC to send out my engagement letters and contracts for signatures.
  • Fill & Sign feature is great. It saves me time and postage. All I have to do is activate the fill and sign feature, mark the places where signature and dates need to be entered and send it through Adobe Acrobat. Once it's signed I get an email from Adobe with the attached completed document.
  • Converting all types of document to and from pdf. I have both created pdf's with Adobe Acrobat DC and exported a pdf to another type of document. I have used the export to different Microsoft Office documents especially.
  • Combine pdf files. A feature I recently found is that I can combine separate pdf documents into a single file. This has helped me organize my backup files more simply and efficiently.
  • Word Search. I like the fact that I can search for a particular word, group of letters or even a phrase through a pdf document. This makes it much easier to modify and personalize my document templates.
  • I use the highlighter a lot. Sometimes I prefer to use different shades of highlight in a document. As far as I can see only a yellow highlighter is available.
  • Standard symbols. It would be handy to have some basic symbols available to use like a colored checkmark, question mark, or exclamation mark to be able to mark up pdf's for others to see.
Adobe Acrobat DC is well suited for the remote office. I do a lot of work online and need to send documents for signature and returned. The option to have my document saved in the cloud inside the features of Adobe Acrobat DC and not requiring the recipient to have to own Adobe Acrobat makes it so easy and flexible.

About Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC is the current version of the well-established document / PDF management solution, part of the Adobe Document Cloud (the other part being Adobe's eSign services based on technology acquired with EchoSign in 2011).

Adobe Acrobat DC Technical Details