Adobe Acrobat DC Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

The Choice for PDFs!

Adobe Acrobat DC is used across the company for viewing, printing, and editing various documents. We are a paperless company so almost everything is turned into a PDF. I personally have used it to edit PDFs instead of hunting down the original file. I also use it to view and share documents. Adobe Acrobat DC is helping us be a paperless company.
  • Edit PDFs - super easy to do.
  • Sign and send PDFs - a common need.
  • I wish it was easier to add fillable text boxes.
Overall, a great tool and honestly something that would be hard to not have at this point. I've grown to really rely on it for various day-to-day tasks. It helps me with everything from basic PDFs to filling out PDFs and even editing them. I can see this being a tool for an organization of any size.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Adobe Acrobat DC Review

Most of our use is in reading and creating of PDF document formats. We either print to PDF from another document source or open PDF documents within the Adobe software. Overall for the needs of the group and the business, the software adequately meets the needs of the users, internally and externally to the business (employees and customers).
  • Reading PDF documents, mainly because it is the native document format for the software
  • Highlighting, bookmarking and making notes on documents
  • Digital signatures and document sharing capabilities
  • Search function is a little weak, especially if the original document is an older document
  • Image to text interface would be nice. If I can scan a document to a pdf, and the software is smart enough to recognize the text to make it searchable it would be beneficial
  • Merging files would be a nice add, but I believe that comes with the full version of Adobe Acrobat
As a document reader and file export software it hits the marks that are necessary to make the software useful in a business environment. It is also helpful to get an entire team on a license of adobe without the need to break the bank on full license structures for everyone that might not use the entirety of the paid version of the software. Less useful are the document manipulation and search functions available to the free DC version of the software package. Full Adobe likely has all the bells and whistles, but it would be nice to have some of the functionality in the freeware software.
Read Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D.'s full review
Brian McCollom | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small consulting firm. We use Adobe Acrobat DC for:
  1. Reading reports and other PDF files
  2. Creating reports for our clients
  3. Reviewing and commenting on reports
  4. Preparing reports and invoices
  5. Completing government forms.
  • Making review comments on reports. Abode provides an organized way for a team to review and edit a draft report.
  • Completing government forms. Most of our clients are government agencies. Adobe makes it easy to complete paper-based (non-menu) forms. It also helps when these forms need updating.
  • Copying pages from one document to another is not clear.
  • The extract command is unclear.
It is well-suited for the use of all PDF files—reading, creating, editing. It is so good that I continue my annual subscription and do not even consider other products.
Read Brian McCollom's full review
Evan Loeb | TrustRadius Reviewer
My department (Research & Evaluation) uses Adobe Acrobat for a wide array of tasks, but the most important is making periodic updates to Feedback Survey templates, which exist as PDFs but involve near constant iteration and redesign. While I'm unsure how other departments in the agency are using the software specifically, with so many diverse applications I can't imagine we're the only ones using it in the organization. In past roles I've also used Acrobat to work with contracts, which it was very well suited to as well.
  • By far the best value add of Acrobat is editing PDFs, which it does both well and intuitively.
  • There are many other useful tools, including but not limited to signature controls and document management.
  • There's not much to say here - there are what feels like hundreds of features I don't use in Adobe, but the interface is so well designed they don't feel like clutter and never distract from the features I need.

I'll reiterate the main use case I've had for it over the past 3 years: editing PDFs:

1. In my current role this is editing a survey we administer to clients, which requires a separate saved version for each of our 20+ programs, as well as constant revision as we re-word answers or tweak what responses are available.
  2. In my previous role doing marketing/sales support for a tech company, we used Acrobat to store and edit our contract PDFs. This was great, as we could save one unified generic template contract that had every single clause and rider possible, and we'd then use Acrobat to cut out the bits that weren't relevant to the customer in question and manage e-signature of the buyer. These were 5- and 6-digit contracts, and we felt that Acrobat's signature verification standards were high enough to use for these deals.
Read Evan Loeb's full review
Marlanda Wicox | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Adobe Acrobat DC daily for editing PDF files. I have to send out contracts, lien waivers, etc. The ability to edit a PDF file makes my job so much easier! I also like that it gives me the ability to digitally sign documents. Without the editing feature, it would take me 3 times as long to get my job done.
  • Great for editing PDF files
  • Great for digitally signing documents
  • Sometimes, the program has small issues when I first start my computer. Usually a restart fixes it.
It's perfect for my job! Helps me edit multiple files and get documents out quickly.
Read Marlanda Wicox's full review
Karen Zelzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Adobe Acrobat DC for all of our reports we send to our clients. We used the program to make fallible forms that are sent to our clients to make data collection more coefficients. We use the organize pages tool often to compile and reorganize our reports and we use the edit and comment tools to make collaboration projects more efficient.
  • The organize pages tool makes changing page orientations and locations easy.
  • Having the option to lock a file is beneficial for our company to insure our document is not being tampered with by another user.
  • Recently had issues adjusting the font size on one of the editable text documents. There is no quick and easy why to change the font, it felt like I had to really search for this simple edit I needed to make.
Well suited for compiling reports with multiple PDF files and then allowing the user to reorganize the document and pages without having to start over. Also allows a document to be locked so it can not be edited by another user, this insures that the document will remain valid.

We had a project where a client provided us with PDF maps and needed us to identify areas of concern. Instead of recreating the maps in a different program, we were able to use the comment tool to add lines/figures/text/arrows and other shapes that helped to quickly determine areas of concern for our client and produced a professional looking document. Being able to do this in Adobe Acrobat DC saved time for both our company and for our client.
Read Karen Zelzer's full review
Lisa Cooley | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

We love Acrobat!

We've used Adobe Acrobat DC both in my current business and in my previous business where I oversaw a staff of eight. Our business involves a lot of .pdf sales offers, and Acrobat was critical in creating, editing, and sending .pdfs. We didn't rely on it so much to track changes because most of the changes we'd made were visual and were usually made by one or two people. We also used it to routinely add our letterhead to invoices created by a separate accounting program. With Adobe Acrobat, we were able to better control how our identity appeared while also using the accounting and inventory program we liked the most.
  • Creates .pdfs
  • Makes it very easy to edit .pdfs, frequently without having to open up the original document and resave before editing.
  • Highly versatile.
  • I would like to see Acrobat take on some of the light functionality of Illustrator for making small graphic changes without having to go back to the original document and resave. Essentially, I'd like to be able to do graphically what you can more easily do for text.
  • The new user interface is more difficult for me than the previous interface.
  • I wish it was easier to figure out adding the signature functionality.
Anyone who is processing documents and working collaboratively needs Acrobat. Period. We've had wonderful experiences using it for sales offers. But it's not where you're going to exercise full visual creative control. All those little nuances need to be done in Illustrator or InDesign. I also love being able to do light .pdf editing on my phone.
Read Lisa Cooley's full review
Jerome Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Acrobat DC Review

Adobe Acrobat DC is a standard app used for both Mac and PC's at our institute. We roll this out to every user for easy PDF viewing capabilities.
  • Works excellent for viewing PDF and PDF-type files
  • Easy installation
  • Works well with many PDF type files
  • This is strictly for reading
  • Would like to see more editing options, such as the ability to digitally sign a PDF. We have to purchase Acrobat Pro to perform this function
  • Would like to see fewer updates which tend to break custom printer settings
Great for viewing PDFs directly from email clients.
Read Jerome Pierce's full review
Ryan Hawley | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2020

Great product!

We use the program for invoicing, presentations, and nursing documentation.
  • Visual appeal of documents.
  • Exporting to Word.
  • Tool menus are not intuitive.
  • Edit document changes formatting.
Adobe Acrobat is well-suited for:
  • Document presentation
  • Signing contracts or documents
  • Editing documents
  • Virtual collaboration
Read Ryan Hawley's full review
Chike Igwegbe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Adobe Acrobat DC across our whole organization when we do presentations, most of our documents are prepared using PowerPoint then are converted to Adobe Acrobat DC which allows people within and outside our organization view the documents without allowing them to edit.

This gives us proper control of our proprietary document, also with Adobe Acrobat DC the size of the document is easily compressed making it smaller and easier to email to other users.
  • With Adobe Acrobat DC you can easily upload your document to the cloud then share via email or you copy and send the link.
  • You can easily attach your signature.
  • Conversion from Adobe Acrobat DC to Word, PowerPoint etc., is easy!!
  • Adobe Acrobat DC also makes your work look professional.
  • Limit the time it takes to generate a shareable link.
  • Conversion to jpeg is needed.
  • There are too many Adobe products, can't they be listed on the home page of Adobe Acrobat DC to allow people make informed decisions?
It is mostly suited for most businesses who need to prepare documents and share documents, I would easily recommend Adobe Acrobat DC to any business. It is a must-have. I personally think every business needs to use Adobe Acrobat DC, you will certainly enjoy the features that allows you to convert from Word, Excel etc., to PDF, and vice-versa.
Read Chike Igwegbe's full review
Lacey Tallmadge | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across our HR department on a daily basis. It eliminates the need to print out nearly all the documents we use to on-board a new employee, which is a huge time-saver.
  • Allowing us to edit files live within the document.
  • Allowing re-organization of pages, rotating pages in an alternate direction and deleting pages.
  • Adding in a signature is huge for us. My department is split and we use this to eliminate the need for a printed copy signed and scanned back in.
  • I've had Adobe Acrobat DC crash a lot lately.
  • I would like to be able to save more than 2 signature.
  • Adding in text is sometimes difficult and can cause the program to crash.
I process a lot of documents that come through as faxes. In one instance, a single set of documents came through in 9 different faxes. Ultimately, they all needed to be combined into their own files and saved individually. Rather than printing each efax, organizing the pages and then scanning everything back in, I can efficiently move pages around with the Organize function. The need for a "wet" signature might be the only limitation I have come up against.
Read Lacey Tallmadge's full review
JOAN HOPE | TrustRadius Reviewer
Most of the staff here use BlueBeam. I use Acrobat because it gives more flexibility in editing, combining documents, filling out forms, affixing signatures, etc.
  • Ability to sign documents: it's easy and allows multiple signatures in a single document.
  • Combining documents into a single document or a portfolio is easy and convenient.
  • Using Outlook's "convert to Adobe pdf" works well, it's much better than print, save to pdf, which produces atrocious saved documents.
  • Converting a scanned PDF to a Word document is just awful. It's generally easier just to retype the document.
  • The edit function in Adobe is hit and miss. The groupings of words/lines/sentences/objects are often very strange and generally in blocks that are too small. Some items are apparently uneditable without deleting a block altogether; highlighting and lines (as found in a form) are examples.
  • The font options are limited as for formatting. There is no way to change some defaults. The line spacing, for example, defaults to 1.10 rather than single spacing. Who on earth uses this line spacing for ANYTHING? It would be nice if Adobe would involve actual users in their design decisions or at least give users the option to set their own default settings.
Best suited to filling out forms, adding signatures to documents, saving emails, and minor edits to existing documents. Not a good option for converting documents to different formats (Word in particular), editing heavily formatted documents, or extensive edits.
Read JOAN HOPE's full review
Christopher McDaniel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Adobe Acrobat to prepare documents to send out to our customers. These docs are used for security agreements and guarantees, so having Adobe has made creating these docs much easier. Our entire company has some form of Adobe and everyone uses it and likes it. Great product for a great price.
  • We are able to draft Docs and add signature requirements much more easily than prior to Adobe.
  • Being able to edit and correct files sent in is a huge benefit.
  • Being able to convert and save just about any file to an Adobe PDF has saved a ton of time and money.
  • Registering my Adobe Acrobat license was a bit of a challenge. The first time I tried, it failed and I wasn't able to try it again. Our IT Dept. got involved and squared it all away but it was troublesome at first.
If you need to credit documents or forms, then this is a great tool to have at your disposal. Creating and converting PDFs is so much easier now and has saved me a ton of time and headaches.
Read Christopher McDaniel's full review
Nick Walters | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it almost every day, as do all my associates.
  • It is very user-friendly for editing documents.
  • The fill and sign feature is so very helpful for getting multiple people to sign documents.
  • Reformatting Word Docs to PDFs is a very helpful feature.
  • It would help if there was "laymans language" in the help box. For example: What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Sometimes I have to re-name files when I save them.
It helps us to use the icons to help edit and make documents.
Read Nick Walters's full review
Arika Chioma Ejim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, I use the "Document Cloud" to interact with our presenters. I run about 100 plus webinars a year within the association. Acrobat is great when trying to share resources and even to gain signatures for important documents. This product has changed the way we interact with our members and associates.
  • I can make edits directly from my iPad while away from the office with no issue.
  • I can create cross conversions between different document types.
  • For what I use the product, for now, it is great. I am not sure of any changes that would make the product better.
We work with several presenters on several meetings including our annual meeting, regional meeting, and webinars. Using Acrobat makes it so much easier to edit, share and sign documents quickly. The features are great and I don't have to worry about running back to the office to get things done.
Read Arika Chioma Ejim's full review
Sudha Govindaraju | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 12, 2019

Use Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC is used in almost every department in my organization. There are a lot of tasks involved, with editing, creating, signing and sharing of PDF documents, and Adobe Acrobat DC helps to do all the work from any device at any place. It also helps to manage our documents.
  • Editing documents.
  • Signing PDF documents.
  • Sharing PDFs across devices.
  • Too cumbersome.
  • Non-intuitive.
  • Subscription model.
Adobe Acrobat is a really powerful and feature-rich PDF editor. It allows us to do almost everything with a PDF file, such as edit, annotate, fill out forms, signatures, etc. We can also use it to create PDF files from other file types. It helps a great deal in sharing PDF files.
Read Sudha Govindaraju's full review
Wajeeh Rehman | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2019

Adobe is the PDF guru

Adobe Acrobat DC is being used for all departments in our organization. This is the most used tool for everyday work. Adobe Acrobat DC provides many advanced tools to make our work easy. We can also convert PDF`s into other formats. As a finance professional, this is a must-have software to meet daily reporting requirements.
  • Best reading experience.
  • Easy conversion into different formats.
  • Best for presenting documents.
  • Conversion into Excel could be better.
  • Sometimes it stops responding.
It is well suited for situations where you are about to present your data to some clients or partners. It gives you nice printing options as well.
Read Wajeeh Rehman's full review
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've used Adobe Acrobat in many ways over the years. We use it for creating fillable form PDFs, and converting documents to PDF. I also really like the ability to convert scanned documents to PDF with editable text using OCR. I have my signature uploaded, so I always use it to quickly fill and sign documents that are sent to me, even if the publisher did make them fillable/signable. Most recently, we've added using the Adobe Sign feature for sending documents for signature to our own clients.
  • It's the standard in creating PDFs. You can convert pretty much any document to PDF.
  • Editing existing PDFs is easy with Adobe Acrobat. Even if the existing PDFs are scanned documents, you can still edit the text of the document.
  • Filling out PDFs sent to you is really easy, even if the publisher of the PDF did not make it fillable and signable.
  • Sending documents for signature is easy with the Adobe Sign integration.
  • I don't really have any complaints. It does everything it's supposed to do very well.
Again, probably my favorite feature of Adobe Acrobat is the ability to edit existing PDFs with it. While it's best to go back to the original file, make the edits, and export again as a new PDF, when that's not possible, it's extremely easy to make edits to existing PDFs, even if the document was scanned and is a flat image. Adobe Acrobat will convert the text in the image to editable text, and that text still looks the same, even if you add characters. I don't know exactly how it works, but it seems like it creates a font out of the text image and uses that.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review
Karee Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 08, 2019

Adobe review

Use it to edit, comment on, and arrange PDFs. Also, we use it to make forms to fill in.
  • Easy to arrange pages
  • Can make editable
  • Can mark up
  • Make it usable in Google Docs/Drive.
  • Easier to share and edit with others.
  • Easier to make it your default reader.
We use it a lot to add comments and edits on each other's work.
Read Karee Smith's full review
Paula Byrd | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a remote tax preparer and I need to be able to markup PDFs as well as secure them with a password. I send documents that are not finalized using Adobe Acrobat DC for clients to review and I use the stamps and watermarks often. I use it for everything in between as well.
  • Editing PDFs
  • Making / saving comments and questions
  • Able to open in different PDF reader software
  • Adding different tools is somewhat confusing. Sometimes you go into the tool to use it and find out it isn't included in your particular subscription.
I do not see where it is not well suited for my business. I find it most helpful when running a relatively paperless business.
Read Paula Byrd's full review
Özgür Erkek, MSc, PRINCE2® | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat reader is being used for our entire organization, it is either an as-installed program, or users can install it themselves. We are dealing with .pdf files frequently due to file format efficiency and robustness. As a consequence of using .pdf format, we need a robust program to view or edit files. So far I can say Acrobat reader is doing the job properly. Not perfectly, but in a robust and efficient way.
  • Ability to use one cloud server for saving your files/documents
  • If purchased, you can not only edit, combine and extract your files but also add digital stamp and signature to your files
  • Converting pdf files from taken photos with mobile and desktop versions
  • Converting files from Office (Word, Excel etc.) to pdf
  • You can use mobile version and integrate with desktop by signing with your account
  • Most of the critical features do not exist on the free version
  • It can slow down or become buggy (mostly for mobile, but also desktop as well) if you try to open larger files
  • Sometimes causes sync issues while loading from cloud
I think Adobe Reader DC is an essential tool for daily office life especially features like e-signature and fill/edit features are considered. Printing a document filling manually with a pen, signing and then scanning to create .pdf again is dead. In today's digital world, filling a .pdf file and signing it digitally is a ''must''. Keeping and reaching your documents from cloud also kind of a ''must'' feature nowadays. Therefore I find Adobe Reader DC is a key software for your office. Purchasing options including cloud services can be pricey, but when you think about the efficiency and the cost savings, it becomes a logical choice.
Read Özgür Erkek, MSc, PRINCE2®'s full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat DC is used within our organization on a daily basis. You can review documents, create them, sign files or convert other files to use with Adobe. It makes it easy to organize documents and distribute to others. It is used by everyone in the company as it makes it easy to get documents signed by others online rather than printing.
  • Convert Word, Excel, or PowerPoint to PDF.
  • Edit documents and even scans - making changes to an existing document is easier than creating a whole new one.
  • Apply PDF passwords and permissions to secure documents when emailing them.
  • Send and track files online. See who opened the document so it is easier to follow up.
  • Customer service was lagging a little bit during the contact I had with them.
Adobe Acrobat DC is great when you deal with a lot of documents. For example, you can send a contract for signature and track online who viewed and signed it, or scan documents and make changes to it if needed. If you have sensitive information such as paystubs, they can be sent out with a password to prevent unauthorized access. You can also combine files and images into one document to reduce the clutter.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Hanzhi Jiang | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used by all the research analysts for projects and meetings. We make brochures and reports and present them to the clients.
  • Easy to edit texts even though it's in PDF format
  • we could change cover and edit pages well
  • transform into words or other formats easily
  • sometimes when there are pictures involved, the ability to transform into editable text is not good
For research teams who make PDF reports to clients, Adobe Acrobat DC is extremely useful and helpful.
Read Hanzhi Jiang's full review
Jamie Wilkinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 16, 2019

Adobe Acrobat DC Review

It is used by our Marketing department to edit presentations.
  • Move slides around on our presentations.
  • Making small amendments.
  • Adding in additional slides.
  • Ease of use on mobile devices.
Adobe Acrobat DC is ideal to move slides on a PDF presentation.
Read Jamie Wilkinson's full review
We use Adobe Acrobat DC across the entire organization. Everyone has Reader installed and now most have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on their laptops. The frequency of use depends on the department, but in our communications department, we use it heavily. All the department offices at the school use it. It is great for making quick edits and adding comments. Most employees are familiar with Adobe Reader so it is an easy transition.
  • Great for putting together multi-page documents and to organize them.
  • Makes it easy to work with other Adobe products such as Photoshop and InDesign.
  • It would be great if this program always automatically recognized any URL or email addresses. Even if you get it scanned for it, it doesn't always recognize it if the full URL is not in place.
  • The text editing is amazing but it would be a bonus if it recognized the font type and size to match your document when you are just in editing mode.
This program is a must for any office situation. From simple edits to more complex fillable forms, or even just for comments... this program is great. Even if someone doesn't have the full DC version, as long as they have the free Reader version, they are able to view your document. Also, the documents render well from laptops to mobile devices, which is a big plus!

About Adobe Acrobat DC

Adobe Acrobat DC is the current version of the well-established document / PDF management solution, part of the Adobe Document Cloud (the other part being Adobe's eSign services based on technology acquired with EchoSign in 2011).

Adobe Acrobat DC Technical Details