Adobe Acrobat DC Reviews

October 08, 2020
It is being used by select users in each department for its advanced features such as converting PDFs to Word format, forms creation, as well as its ability to insert or delete individual pages within a document. It’s most powerful use for us is the ability to create PDF forms that are fill in the blank, drop down, include radio buttons, and more.
  • Form creation
  • Conversion of pdf to word or excel
  • Page deletion and insertion
  • Cryptic error messages that require intense research to understand
  • Confusing pricing models which include licensing options only
  • Limited Collaboration options
Non technical end users will not do well with this product as the learning curve is steep. Even understanding the menu structure alone is challenging to the non technical user.
Live support is difficult to obtain. Most support is in the form of FAQs and community-based online support. There are online experts that can be leveraged, however, nothing compares to real-time voice-based support when you have an issue and a deadline is looming.
July 09, 2020
Nick Darnell | TrustRadius Reviewer
All users in our campus must use .pdf at some point in their employment. Adobe Acrobat DC is the only authorized viewer for .pdf files on campus at this time. The usage of Adobe DC allows campus employees to use a standardized digital document product that is compatible with all users in our environment.
  • Clean formatting.
  • Small file size.
  • Stability/compatibility.
  • Ease of use.
  • Licensing is unnecessary.
  • More options in DC if requiring a license similar to Adobe Pro.
Adobe DC is perfect for professional teams to create clean, stable digital documents with little storage footprint. The software runs light and does not consume enough hardware resources to affect system functionality. Although the functionality is not comparable to that or MS Word, the basic features are very useful for streamlining forms that must be sent to professional users.
I have never needed the assistance of Adobe support because of the ease of use. I would not be able to accurately rate the customer support at this time. Because of the increased billing requirements now taking place with subscription based services, I could only hope they would have tier-1 support for all users.
Read Nick Darnell's full review
April 08, 2020
Melanie N. Abea, Esq. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Adobe Acrobat DC for many things: getting e-signatures from clients, enhancing scans to become text searchable, editing PDFs, combining PDFs, reorganizing the pages of a PDF, adding bookmarks, redacting documents, etc. Given it has a wide range of tools, Adobe Acrobat DC is best suited for our office needs for the price. Individually, those tools would cost us much more through other software programs.
  • Redacting is a great function. Makes it so I no longer have to hand redact with a sharpie.
  • I like the combining PDF function and reorganizing the pages. It's simple and fast.
  • The adobe sign function is great to be able to share and send docs to clients for them to sign without having to come to my office.
  • The manuals on Adobe's website aren't great.
  • Even the video tutorials they have don't help much.
  • I don't like that I have to resort to youtube or google to figure out how to use a tool in Adobe.
Given there are so many tools and functions of Adobe Acrobat DC, I would say it's well suited for most documents. The edit PDF function might be the hardest to use, but that is because the formatting changes sometimes when making the PDF editable. It would probably be easier if you just had a different version of the document to edit if possible.
I have not emailed or contacted the support directly, but I have gone to their website and watched some of their videos on using the product. The videos were fast and not very helpful. I learned more from Google and Youtube on how to use the various functions rather than from Adobe itself.
Read Melanie N. Abea, Esq.'s full review
February 14, 2020
Heather Robinette, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat DC is used across the company for viewing, printing, and editing various documents. We are a paperless company so almost everything is turned into a PDF. I personally have used it to edit PDFs instead of hunting down the original file. I also use it to view and share documents. Adobe Acrobat DC is helping us be a paperless company.
  • Edit PDFs - super easy to do.
  • Sign and send PDFs - a common need.
  • I wish it was easier to add fillable text boxes.
Overall, a great tool and honestly something that would be hard to not have at this point. I've grown to really rely on it for various day-to-day tasks. It helps me with everything from basic PDFs to filling out PDFs and even editing them. I can see this being a tool for an organization of any size.
I gave it a 10, but I've never contacted support in my many years of using it. I've never run into a problem where contacting support was required. I've dealt with Adobe support in general and have had a great experience. It was really easy to get my issue resolved. I don't know if the support would be different, but overall it was a good experience.
Read Heather Robinette, MBA's full review
February 08, 2020
Brian McCollom | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a small consulting firm. We use Adobe Acrobat DC for:
  1. Reading reports and other PDF files
  2. Creating reports for our clients
  3. Reviewing and commenting on reports
  4. Preparing reports and invoices
  5. Completing government forms.
  • Making review comments on reports. Abode provides an organized way for a team to review and edit a draft report.
  • Completing government forms. Most of our clients are government agencies. Adobe makes it easy to complete paper-based (non-menu) forms. It also helps when these forms need updating.
  • Copying pages from one document to another is not clear.
  • The extract command is unclear.
It is well-suited for the use of all PDF files—reading, creating, editing. It is so good that I continue my annual subscription and do not even consider other products.
The few times that I have contacted Adobe it has taken less than 15 minutes from the start of call (dialing number) to finish receiving advice.
Read Brian McCollom's full review
May 27, 2020
Len Masek | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat DC is our go-to software for the development and editing of PDF documents. We have found that it is significantly easier to use than other programs claiming to be able to perform the same tasks. For the most part, they do not perform all the same tasks, and the ones they can perform are much more complicated. Adobe Acrobat DC is the gold standard. It is not inexpensive, but well worth the investment is you need this type of software.
  • Editing of PDFs
  • Inserting graphics
  • Adding or removing pages
  • At times the editing is clunky, selects too many words, etc.
  • Fonts are a little hard to change
  • Signature option could be smoother
I have used 3 or 4 different PDF editing tools, and none come close to the power and overall ease of Adobe Acrobat DC. Often we receive quotes in PDF format that we need to modify or select sections to place into a new quote. We can perform these tasks effortlessly with Adobe Acrobat DC.

If you just need to read PDFs or do very minimal editing, then just use the Adobe Reader, which is free.
I am rating Adobe Acrobat DC as highly as I can because there is really no other program out there that performs as well and is as user-friendly as Adobe Acrobat DC. It is the gold standard, and well worth the investment in my opinion. If you need to work with PDF documents as part of your workday, there really is no other option.
Read Len Masek's full review
April 03, 2020
Eduardo Freitas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat dc is a very useful tool in our offices, with it we manage files of all kinds, we can create and edit PDF files with great ease, this software is used in all departments since through it our colleagues can read and create daily reports.
  • Simple and easy to use interface.
  • It has the ability to edit PDF files.
  • I can transform text documents to PDF and vice versa.
  • Adobe Acrobat DC allows me to save my work in the cloud.
  • It is heavy and can only be used in Windows operating system.
  • It does not have many editing tools.
  • It takes time to open large files.
Adobe Acrobat DC can be used in all kinds of work where it requires a PDF file reader, it has the necessary tools so that my files can be managed. It is not suitable for creating or editing files where specific designs and formats are required since this tool is limited in this regard.
When I bought Adobe Acrobat DC I sent a couple of questions to the support and they responded very quickly, they provide personalized support and also in the language you need.
Read Eduardo Freitas's full review
February 10, 2020
Ryan Hawley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the program for invoicing, presentations, and nursing documentation.
  • Visual appeal of documents.
  • Exporting to Word.
  • Tool menus are not intuitive.
  • Edit document changes formatting.
Adobe Acrobat is well-suited for:
  • Document presentation
  • Signing contracts or documents
  • Editing documents
  • Virtual collaboration
Adobe has excellent customer service.
Read Ryan Hawley's full review
February 21, 2020
We use Adobe Acrobat DC across the entire organization. Everyone has Reader installed and now most have Adobe Acrobat DC installed on their laptops. The frequency of use depends on the department, but in our communications department, we use it heavily. All the department offices at the school use it. It is great for making quick edits and adding comments. Most employees are familiar with Adobe Reader so it is an easy transition.
  • Great for putting together multi-page documents and to organize them.
  • Makes it easy to work with other Adobe products such as Photoshop and InDesign.
  • It would be great if this program always automatically recognized any URL or email addresses. Even if you get it scanned for it, it doesn't always recognize it if the full URL is not in place.
  • The text editing is amazing but it would be a bonus if it recognized the font type and size to match your document when you are just in editing mode.
This program is a must for any office situation. From simple edits to more complex fillable forms, or even just for comments... this program is great. Even if someone doesn't have the full DC version, as long as they have the free Reader version, they are able to view your document. Also, the documents render well from laptops to mobile devices, which is a big plus!
I've never had to call in for support on this product... but on the occasion that I need a refresher on how to do something, I can very easily find a support article online through a quick search. In general, I find the program fairly straight forward to use. Usually, I am finding tutorials to pass along to other staff and there are plenty of videos or articles online that are helpful.
April 20, 2020
Adobe Acrobat DC is primarily used by the marketing department. We use it to quickly edit PDFs, view them, and send interactive documents to our distributors and sales team. The functionality of Adobe Acrobat DC allows us to create documents that are viable and protected with the added capability for signatures other line items.
  • Extracting pages from a PDF
  • Editing a PDF
  • Interactive abilities for outside parties
  • Hard to find tools, nomenclature
  • Some editing capabilities are limited
It is well suited for interactive documents whether it be creating them or editing them. It also provides the ability to quickly remove/extract pages and re-organize them as well which comes in handy when we need to take out a spec or other protected information.
Because I haven't had to use it yet!
April 13, 2020
It is the software that my organisation officially uses to edit a PDF, make any addition, deletion, any amendment to an existing PDF.
  • Cloud storage.
  • Flexible.
  • It needs to be accessible for challenged people.
  • Optical character recognition needs to be improved.
  • No other gripes.
When data needs to be protected and at the same time needs to be circulated, Adobe alone can serve the purpose.
It provides security and reliability for the data.
October 16, 2019
Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
Most of our use is in reading and creating of PDF document formats. We either print to PDF from another document source or open PDF documents within the Adobe software. Overall for the needs of the group and the business, the software adequately meets the needs of the users, internally and externally to the business (employees and customers).
  • Reading PDF documents, mainly because it is the native document format for the software
  • Highlighting, bookmarking and making notes on documents
  • Digital signatures and document sharing capabilities
  • Search function is a little weak, especially if the original document is an older document
  • Image to text interface would be nice. If I can scan a document to a pdf, and the software is smart enough to recognize the text to make it searchable it would be beneficial
  • Merging files would be a nice add, but I believe that comes with the full version of Adobe Acrobat
As a document reader and file export software it hits the marks that are necessary to make the software useful in a business environment. It is also helpful to get an entire team on a license of adobe without the need to break the bank on full license structures for everyone that might not use the entirety of the paid version of the software. Less useful are the document manipulation and search functions available to the free DC version of the software package. Full Adobe likely has all the bells and whistles, but it would be nice to have some of the functionality in the freeware software.
Read Jonathan Kweder, Ph.D.'s full review
December 04, 2019
Marlanda Wicox | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Adobe Acrobat DC daily for editing PDF files. I have to send out contracts, lien waivers, etc. The ability to edit a PDF file makes my job so much easier! I also like that it gives me the ability to digitally sign documents. Without the editing feature, it would take me 3 times as long to get my job done.
  • Great for editing PDF files
  • Great for digitally signing documents
  • Sometimes, the program has small issues when I first start my computer. Usually a restart fixes it.
It's perfect for my job! Helps me edit multiple files and get documents out quickly.
Read Marlanda Wicox's full review
November 19, 2019
Karen Zelzer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses Adobe Acrobat DC for all of our reports we send to our clients. We used the program to make fallible forms that are sent to our clients to make data collection more coefficients. We use the organize pages tool often to compile and reorganize our reports and we use the edit and comment tools to make collaboration projects more efficient.
  • The organize pages tool makes changing page orientations and locations easy.
  • Having the option to lock a file is beneficial for our company to insure our document is not being tampered with by another user.
  • Recently had issues adjusting the font size on one of the editable text documents. There is no quick and easy why to change the font, it felt like I had to really search for this simple edit I needed to make.
Well suited for compiling reports with multiple PDF files and then allowing the user to reorganize the document and pages without having to start over. Also allows a document to be locked so it can not be edited by another user, this insures that the document will remain valid.

We had a project where a client provided us with PDF maps and needed us to identify areas of concern. Instead of recreating the maps in a different program, we were able to use the comment tool to add lines/figures/text/arrows and other shapes that helped to quickly determine areas of concern for our client and produced a professional looking document. Being able to do this in Adobe Acrobat DC saved time for both our company and for our client.
There are many tutorials available on how to use the different tools used with Adobe Acrobat DC. A google search will also quickly produce answers since it is a widely used program. They also provide online support for questions or issues the user may encounter. The online support sends you to a very helpful user guide that is user friendly and makes it very easy to search and find answers in a timely manner.
Read Karen Zelzer's full review
October 18, 2019
Lisa Cooley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've used Adobe Acrobat DC both in my current business and in my previous business where I oversaw a staff of eight. Our business involves a lot of .pdf sales offers, and Acrobat was critical in creating, editing, and sending .pdfs. We didn't rely on it so much to track changes because most of the changes we'd made were visual and were usually made by one or two people. We also used it to routinely add our letterhead to invoices created by a separate accounting program. With Adobe Acrobat, we were able to better control how our identity appeared while also using the accounting and inventory program we liked the most.
  • Creates .pdfs
  • Makes it very easy to edit .pdfs, frequently without having to open up the original document and resave before editing.
  • Highly versatile.
  • I would like to see Acrobat take on some of the light functionality of Illustrator for making small graphic changes without having to go back to the original document and resave. Essentially, I'd like to be able to do graphically what you can more easily do for text.
  • The new user interface is more difficult for me than the previous interface.
  • I wish it was easier to figure out adding the signature functionality.
Anyone who is processing documents and working collaboratively needs Acrobat. Period. We've had wonderful experiences using it for sales offers. But it's not where you're going to exercise full visual creative control. All those little nuances need to be done in Illustrator or InDesign. I also love being able to do light .pdf editing on my phone.
Honestly, we've never used support for Acrobat because we've never needed it. So, I don't think I'm the best to answer this question, besides saying that it must be a good thing that we've never had to call support!
Read Lisa Cooley's full review
October 18, 2019
Jerome Pierce | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat DC is a standard app used for both Mac and PC's at our institute. We roll this out to every user for easy PDF viewing capabilities.
  • Works excellent for viewing PDF and PDF-type files
  • Easy installation
  • Works well with many PDF type files
  • This is strictly for reading
  • Would like to see more editing options, such as the ability to digitally sign a PDF. We have to purchase Acrobat Pro to perform this function
  • Would like to see fewer updates which tend to break custom printer settings
Great for viewing PDFs directly from email clients.
Ease of use, implementation is simple, and it just works!
Read Jerome Pierce's full review
October 17, 2019
Chike Igwegbe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Adobe Acrobat DC across our whole organization when we do presentations, most of our documents are prepared using PowerPoint then are converted to Adobe Acrobat DC which allows people within and outside our organization view the documents without allowing them to edit.

This gives us proper control of our proprietary document, also with Adobe Acrobat DC the size of the document is easily compressed making it smaller and easier to email to other users.
  • With Adobe Acrobat DC you can easily upload your document to the cloud then share via email or you copy and send the link.
  • You can easily attach your signature.
  • Conversion from Adobe Acrobat DC to Word, PowerPoint etc., is easy!!
  • Adobe Acrobat DC also makes your work look professional.
  • Limit the time it takes to generate a shareable link.
  • Conversion to jpeg is needed.
  • There are too many Adobe products, can't they be listed on the home page of Adobe Acrobat DC to allow people make informed decisions?
It is mostly suited for most businesses who need to prepare documents and share documents, I would easily recommend Adobe Acrobat DC to any business. It is a must-have. I personally think every business needs to use Adobe Acrobat DC, you will certainly enjoy the features that allows you to convert from Word, Excel etc., to PDF, and vice-versa.
The Adobe support team is forever there to help, I remember one instance where I wanted to cancel my subscription and the support guy asked if he could postpone my subscription for 3 months while I continue using it. I agreed and after 3 months I was able to continue my subscription.
Read Chike Igwegbe's full review
September 24, 2019
Lacey Tallmadge | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used across our HR department on a daily basis. It eliminates the need to print out nearly all the documents we use to on-board a new employee, which is a huge time-saver.
  • Allowing us to edit files live within the document.
  • Allowing re-organization of pages, rotating pages in an alternate direction and deleting pages.
  • Adding in a signature is huge for us. My department is split and we use this to eliminate the need for a printed copy signed and scanned back in.
  • I've had Adobe Acrobat DC crash a lot lately.
  • I would like to be able to save more than 2 signature.
  • Adding in text is sometimes difficult and can cause the program to crash.
I process a lot of documents that come through as faxes. In one instance, a single set of documents came through in 9 different faxes. Ultimately, they all needed to be combined into their own files and saved individually. Rather than printing each efax, organizing the pages and then scanning everything back in, I can efficiently move pages around with the Organize function. The need for a "wet" signature might be the only limitation I have come up against.
I've used Adobe support for other products and it has always been easy to use and access.
Read Lacey Tallmadge's full review
September 21, 2019
JOAN HOPE | TrustRadius Reviewer
Most of the staff here use BlueBeam. I use Acrobat because it gives more flexibility in editing, combining documents, filling out forms, affixing signatures, etc.
  • Ability to sign documents: it's easy and allows multiple signatures in a single document.
  • Combining documents into a single document or a portfolio is easy and convenient.
  • Using Outlook's "convert to Adobe pdf" works well, it's much better than print, save to pdf, which produces atrocious saved documents.
  • Converting a scanned PDF to a Word document is just awful. It's generally easier just to retype the document.
  • The edit function in Adobe is hit and miss. The groupings of words/lines/sentences/objects are often very strange and generally in blocks that are too small. Some items are apparently uneditable without deleting a block altogether; highlighting and lines (as found in a form) are examples.
  • The font options are limited as for formatting. There is no way to change some defaults. The line spacing, for example, defaults to 1.10 rather than single spacing. Who on earth uses this line spacing for ANYTHING? It would be nice if Adobe would involve actual users in their design decisions or at least give users the option to set their own default settings.
Best suited to filling out forms, adding signatures to documents, saving emails, and minor edits to existing documents. Not a good option for converting documents to different formats (Word in particular), editing heavily formatted documents, or extensive edits.
The only time I recall using support was when I contacted them to ask how to change the default line spacing. My recollection was that it took a while to find the person who could answer this question, and the answer was "you can't."
Read JOAN HOPE's full review
September 21, 2019
Christopher McDaniel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Adobe Acrobat to prepare documents to send out to our customers. These docs are used for security agreements and guarantees, so having Adobe has made creating these docs much easier. Our entire company has some form of Adobe and everyone uses it and likes it. Great product for a great price.
  • We are able to draft Docs and add signature requirements much more easily than prior to Adobe.
  • Being able to edit and correct files sent in is a huge benefit.
  • Being able to convert and save just about any file to an Adobe PDF has saved a ton of time and money.
  • Registering my Adobe Acrobat license was a bit of a challenge. The first time I tried, it failed and I wasn't able to try it again. Our IT Dept. got involved and squared it all away but it was troublesome at first.
If you need to credit documents or forms, then this is a great tool to have at your disposal. Creating and converting PDFs is so much easier now and has saved me a ton of time and headaches.
I said it before and will say it again. This is a great product for a very good price. It does cost a little bit of money but it is very much worth it in my eyes. I've already recommended it to numerous people and will continue to do so in the future.
Read Christopher McDaniel's full review
September 17, 2019
Nick Walters | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use it almost every day, as do all my associates.
  • It is very user-friendly for editing documents.
  • The fill and sign feature is so very helpful for getting multiple people to sign documents.
  • Reformatting Word Docs to PDFs is a very helpful feature.
  • It would help if there was "laymans language" in the help box. For example: What are you trying to accomplish?
  • Sometimes I have to re-name files when I save them.
It helps us to use the icons to help edit and make documents.
It's hard to find the chat or online help function, but once I found it they were helpful.
Read Nick Walters's full review
September 15, 2019
Arika Chioma Ejim | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently, I use the "Document Cloud" to interact with our presenters. I run about 100 plus webinars a year within the association. Acrobat is great when trying to share resources and even to gain signatures for important documents. This product has changed the way we interact with our members and associates.
  • I can make edits directly from my iPad while away from the office with no issue.
  • I can create cross conversions between different document types.
  • For what I use the product, for now, it is great. I am not sure of any changes that would make the product better.
We work with several presenters on several meetings including our annual meeting, regional meeting, and webinars. Using Acrobat makes it so much easier to edit, share and sign documents quickly. The features are great and I don't have to worry about running back to the office to get things done.
I've not had to contact support yet, things seem to be going well.
Read Arika Chioma Ejim's full review
September 12, 2019
Sudha Govindaraju | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat DC is used in almost every department in my organization. There are a lot of tasks involved, with editing, creating, signing and sharing of PDF documents, and Adobe Acrobat DC helps to do all the work from any device at any place. It also helps to manage our documents.
  • Editing documents.
  • Signing PDF documents.
  • Sharing PDFs across devices.
  • Too cumbersome.
  • Non-intuitive.
  • Subscription model.
Adobe Acrobat is a really powerful and feature-rich PDF editor. It allows us to do almost everything with a PDF file, such as edit, annotate, fill out forms, signatures, etc. We can also use it to create PDF files from other file types. It helps a great deal in sharing PDF files.
Adobe Acrobat DC has been of great help in the last 3 years.
Read Sudha Govindaraju's full review
September 11, 2019
Wajeeh Rehman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Adobe Acrobat DC is being used for all departments in our organization. This is the most used tool for everyday work. Adobe Acrobat DC provides many advanced tools to make our work easy. We can also convert PDF`s into other formats. As a finance professional, this is a must-have software to meet daily reporting requirements.
  • Best reading experience.
  • Easy conversion into different formats.
  • Best for presenting documents.
  • Conversion into Excel could be better.
  • Sometimes it stops responding.
It is well suited for situations where you are about to present your data to some clients or partners. It gives you nice printing options as well.
The support has always been excellent and I am satisfied with it.
Read Wajeeh Rehman's full review
September 10, 2019
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We've used Adobe Acrobat in many ways over the years. We use it for creating fillable form PDFs, and converting documents to PDF. I also really like the ability to convert scanned documents to PDF with editable text using OCR. I have my signature uploaded, so I always use it to quickly fill and sign documents that are sent to me, even if the publisher did make them fillable/signable. Most recently, we've added using the Adobe Sign feature for sending documents for signature to our own clients.
  • It's the standard in creating PDFs. You can convert pretty much any document to PDF.
  • Editing existing PDFs is easy with Adobe Acrobat. Even if the existing PDFs are scanned documents, you can still edit the text of the document.
  • Filling out PDFs sent to you is really easy, even if the publisher of the PDF did not make it fillable and signable.
  • Sending documents for signature is easy with the Adobe Sign integration.
  • I don't really have any complaints. It does everything it's supposed to do very well.
Again, probably my favorite feature of Adobe Acrobat is the ability to edit existing PDFs with it. While it's best to go back to the original file, make the edits, and export again as a new PDF, when that's not possible, it's extremely easy to make edits to existing PDFs, even if the document was scanned and is a flat image. Adobe Acrobat will convert the text in the image to editable text, and that text still looks the same, even if you add characters. I don't know exactly how it works, but it seems like it creates a font out of the text image and uses that.
Everything that it does, it does with ease. It's a very stable program, and very intuitive. I have no recommendations for improvement.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review

What is Adobe Acrobat DC?

Adobe Acrobat DC is the current version of the well-established document / PDF management solution, part of the Adobe Document Cloud (the other part being Adobe's eSign services based on technology acquired with EchoSign in 2011).