INNOVATOR is Bubble-icious
September 29, 2014
INNOVATOR is Bubble-icious
Score 9 out of 10
Bubble INNOVATOR Portfolio Management Software
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
- Product Development Process - Stage Gate Managment
- Metric Tracking
Overall Satisfaction with Bubble Innovator
Bubble Innovator rolled out 3 months ago across our entire organization. It presently is addressing 2 major gaps for us. As a Project Management tool, it is enabling consistent reporting from our project managers, focusing on upward communication around project status, risk, timeline, and resource levels. As a Portfolio Management tool, management is able to look across the entire business to make prioritization decisions, with the project profile data to make those tradeoff decisions now at their fingertips.
- The version of the tool presented to us on day 1 required some configuration to match our product development process. Bubble was very willing to partner with us, dig into the details of our procedures, and work towards a successful solution.
- Bubble Engineers and Programmers have clearly spent countless hours working on the interface. The usability of this software is among the most intuitive I have worked with in a business environment.
- Support from both Customer Service and Acct Managers has been great. Questions and reasonable requests are always handled in a timely manner.
- Limited metric reports available at this time. Screen printing and general report printing interfaces could use some improvement. Very little customization is available to different stakeholders for reports important to their department.
- The small text size and grey text color can be very difficult to read in meetings where projectors/large TVs are used. While it looks stylistically fantastic at my desk, it can be very challenging to view during presentations or peer reviews with stakeholders. Reference documents are often provided which defeats the purpose of having a web based tool to view live.
- Significant reduction in time from each Project Manager to produce documentation to communicate project status.
- Increased trust and confidence in the data that is being presented.
The business has been extremely satisfied with Bubble Innovator and is in support of rolling this tool out to our other businesses within the overall franchise.
Bubble Innovator is very structured related to moving through the gate process, and much of its logic is based on this structure. While this is great to keep consistent our management and reporting of core projects, it can be difficult to log projects that are not classic R&D Design Control projects. For example, special management initiatives, supply chain projects, or Marketing and Sales initiatives. There are times when you want to track this to know where resource effort is going, and these can be difficult to capture.