Its cloud-based solutions help customers improve the planning, governance, and delivery...
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bubble PPM, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee required
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Its cloud-based solutions help customers improve the planning, governance, and delivery of Innovation, New Product Development, Engineering, IT, and other initiatives.
Their software supports Portfolio Planning, ongoing Project and Portfolio Management, and Resource management.
According to the vendor, the solution enables cross-functional teams to collaborate effectively on projects and provides a flexible platform for business leaders to consider investments, define priorities, and monitor overall progression. For project teams, it provides real-time views on project status and risk, streamlines reporting, facilitates the preparation for stage gate and other project reviews, and enables fact-based decision making.
- Supported: Portfolio Dashboards (Fully configurable to plan / monitor investments)
- Supported: Real-time Portfolio Analysis & Scenario Planning Tools
- Supported: Roadmapping tools (e.g. Strategy / Service / Technology Roadmaps etc)
- Supported: Supports Waterfall, Agile and hybrid project management processes
- Supported: Business Case, Financial and Risk Management tools
- Supported: Project Selection and Prioritisation tools (e.g. Balanced scorecards)
- Supported: Project Process Governance and Management
- Supported: Fully configurable Metrics (e.g. 1-click Chart builder / Reporting tools)
- Supported: Resource, Task & Capacity Management Tools
- Supports API calls to extract data from platform using REST API calls
- Supports import & exporting (e.g. MS Excel/PDF etc)
- Portfolio and Application level document repository
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||75%|
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS|
|Supported Languages||Supports Multi-Language|
- Bubble PPM allows for a "single source of truth" for the progress and details of all projects. The very flexible system allows for customized forms and fields that provides a home for all the details of a project, from ideation to post-launch review.
- Bubble PPM is particularly good for managing Product Development projects. The system is built with Product Development in mind, which is a unique offering where other project management tools have been deficient. The project templates are made for the specific demands of managing many ongoing products, with provisions for managing competing priorities.
- Bubble is more than a software system, there is personal help with implementing a system of governing projects where there may have been gaps before. The company began as a process management consultancy, that saw the need for a system to manage the resulting processes they developed with clients. It is hard to overstate the value of this background of the company when adapting your existing processes to the Bubble PPM system, or creating processes for the first time.
- If you want your team to be conspicuously well-organized, "doing the right work", with easy reports for progress updates, forecasting, and budgeting, this system will help you.
- As with all software systems there are features that are occasionally changed to improve the function of the system. Some patience and curiosity is always rewarded with any software, and this is no different.
Bubble PPM would not be as appropriate for use as a CRM tool, as the references to people are best suited to users within the organization.
- Great at being able to manipulate projects and filter certain projects into a report. This is great for when we have different meetings for different channels e.g. food service vs speciality.
- Easy to use - our cross-functional teams use this and they are able to find what they need without a lot of training.
- The development team are understanding of our needs and happy to adapt the program for us.
- Parent-child functionality. However we are currently working with Bubble to develop this and find a solution to our needs.
- Limited timeline capability.
- Sometimes the speed is slow - however I think this is related to our internet connection.
- Simplistic, smart view of entire portfolio, with easy filtering for quick searches
- Readily accessible one-page summaries for projects, detailing specific data relevant to our needs
- Ability to rapidly run a variety of specific reports
- Ability to export graphs / cut & paste graphs to presentations
- Ability to run graphical reports
- Quicker ability to assess financial metrics for improved management and forecasting
Great view of entire portfolio - allowing teams to operate a balanced portfolio. Ease of use. Quick access to one-page reports.
Resource model more restrictive - if looking to use >3 role levels.
- Gives us one point of truth for both the projects and reporting.
- Allows accountability for team members.
- Is very easy to use.
- Parent child relationship between projects.
- Dependencies between gates and timings.
- Bubble customize what data are required very quickly, so that we only look at what we need.
- Extremely responsive! Issues or requests for changes are handled typically within a day.
- Based on their experience from various industries, the Bubble team contribute valuable insights into what and how information gets reviewed.
- Only thing I can think of is almost piddly, that is having to scroll on a screen within the web browser - so that you have to scroll the screen then scroll the browser screen to get to the bottom of a chart.
- The team that implemented Bubble Innovator into our business was tremendous. They worked with us closely and listened to our needs in incorporating changes quickly. The support we received was professional, timely and throughout the years of implementation we built a great working relationship with the team. They spent the time to work with us and also trained our entire department/business on this new system.
- Change Management/Support - Bubble Innovator support team is responsive when asking for updates/upgrades to any report or additions/deletions that are required.
- One improvement is all the reports need to be able to be placed into a PowerPoint easily, currently you have to take a picture and add [it]. This system is amazing and has helped me with my position of reporting and managing over 50 new projects.
- The User Interface is sleek,very user friendly and imaginative. There is a lot that can be customized by user level and interest. The data insights and visuals it provides are unparalleled. I have seen another similar system and the first thing that strikes me Innovator is so modern - 2015.
- The support the team provides is excellent. The team has great talent with deep insights and experience into NPD. The team understands the challenges of working with a big company. They are great to work with and a very resourceful partner. During our partnership they went well beyond just system installation but improved native processes such as stage gates and leadership reports.
- The system is highly flexible- one can create a variety of reports, views, analysis. It allows various restrictions if needed. It can create special views providing insights for management consumption which are very different to day-to-day tracking of portfolio. Very importantly the data can be uploaded into the system using one's own Excel files such as business cases.
- There are stand alone analytical tools. Innovator will be even better if it fortifies its analytic capabilities
- Bubble Innovator seems to be one of those software packages that is liked by anyone who uses it. It kind of sells itself just by showing it to someone. It seems to be very intuitive and simple to use even for an occasional user.
- Bubble Innovator shows the project progress through the stage gGate process very clearly which is great for upper management but it also guides project managers through that same process which means that things don't easily get omitted by accident/forgetfulness.
- Bubble Innovator seems to be well received by upper management due to the simple way it presents the whole portfolio of products along with key metrics/data that is really helping to simplify portfolio decision making.
- Bubble INNOVATOR is relatively new and so there is an ongoing list of development activity. Resource planning is an example where new functionality would be welcomed.
- I am honestly not aware of any other weaknesses. Bubble INNOVATOR seems to be one of those systems that generally meets with great reviews from users and especially new users at all levels. I guess just the desire for it to do more and more.
The Bubble Innovator product solves the problem of multiple sources of truth floating through your organization regarding the status of any program/project at any point in time. It also reduces the multiple demands from different quarters of an "update" since you can point everyone to Bubble Innovator as that "single source of truth" for the new product development (NPD) pipeline.
- The Bubble Innovator team is particularly good at listening and seeking to understand your specific requirements and needs to make sure the outcome of the product meets those needs.
- The Bubble Innovator product is fast, efficient and available and accessible from anywhere.
- The Bubble Innovator product gives you layered levels of logic associated with your programs so you can decide what rolls up with what or not as desired to suit the business needs.
- Bubble Innovator is still working out the best logic to be used for collections of projects that are part of a program. It is not a project management software platform but must still manage/show dependencies appropriately.
- Sometimes it is difficult to capture the right information for the right report. Note that a company's constantly changing needs for reports becomes Bubble Innovator's nightmare to keep abreast of. Bubble Innovator has introduced a custom report generator for their customers so you have more personal control over creating the reports you want.
Do you have difficultly organizing cross functional alignment on the funded versus unfunded programs? Choose Bubble Innovator.
Do you have trouble communicating consistently with your markets the future availability of your NPD pipeline of products? Choose Bubble Innovator.
Does senior management constantly want updates on the status and progress of your programs for which you end up in a constant PowerPoint loop creating? Choose Bubble Innovator.
Do you need a project management solution to manage your projects? This is not Bubble Innovator.
- I already mentioned the simple user interface for data upload, and the equally intuitive customized reporting. Leadership and "supporting" functions for product development get tremendous value from this because they don't need to hunt down answers anymore. Everything from pipeline planning to operational planning can be built on the same foundation of objective data, rather than many different sources interpreted through many different lenses.
- But the greatest value I think Bubble Innovator delivers is not really the product itself. It's the sense of partnership and responsiveness from the Bubble Innovation team. The Bubble Innovation team becomes a part of your team. They are valued consultants with helpful input on best practices for stage gate management, portfolio analytics, and report visualization. I have continually been impressed with the responsiveness and effort that their team brings to the table. When we have challenges and need to customize our data or analytics or reporting, they are right there beside us, finding the best solution, sharing prototypes in a test environment, and implementing as fast as possible.
- The biggest issue we've had in the past is customized reporting. But this has now been addressed with a new module dedicated to enabling any user to build the report to exactly meet their needs and address the questions being asked by their leaders. There is always room for improvement here, and the leadership demands for alternative views are frequently evolving, but with the customized reporting ability we can deal with this evolution far better than ever before, and beyond the capabilities of any competitive product I've seen.
- Detailed resource & capacity planning is not the strength of this tool. Compiling and packaging data to drive highly constructive conversations during stage gate reviews, pipeline reviews, and portfolio optimization discussions is. With that said, the Bubble Innovation team rose to the challenge of creating a high-level resource & capacity planning tool that now gives us reasonable ability to plan for forward-looking functional resource gaps in the context of a prioritized project list. It won't address detailed capabilities/competencies at the individual employee level.
- For senior level reporting, we tend to speak in PowerPoint. While it is pretty effortless to create Excel and pdf output from Bubble Innovator, it would be nice to be able to export reports/data/charts/content to PowerPoint.
- Bubble Innovator is a tremendous visualization tool. The entire organization can quickly see where projects are in the stage-gate process.
- Bubble Innovator became a key part of our strategic process for new product revenue projections. Utilizing Bubble Innovator as a portfolio management tool allows us to quickly output new product revenue projections for our strategic planning process.
- Bubble Innovator is highly flexible. We are able to adapt it to our particular needs at different sites. This adaptability also allows us to utilize information to support other business processes.
- As the Bubble Innovator solution evolves, tighter tie-ins with other software solutions will be advantageous.
- The Bubble team is outstanding at providing technical support, query response times are often within an hour and resolutions (depending on the level of complexity of the query) follow very quickly after this. They provide a professional, reliable service.
- The software design is simple, intuitive and more accessible than many of the alternatives on the market. It does not require licenses, installations, internal servers, extensive training programs. It doesn't interface directly with 'business management' software which provides flexibility and development opportunities.
- The Bubble team have a depth of knowledge for new product development processes and relevant industries, and provide much more than just the software. The teams are actively involved in process design beyond the software, and their recommendations have been invaluable when establishing a new stage-gate process across our organisation.
- Development of custom functionality, and redefining 'standard' options for the software. As Bubble grows and their customer base increases there will be opportunity for this, at present development projects can be slow and expensive. However the standard software options are excellent, but as processes evolve within organisations the flexibility to evolve the software could be made simpler.
Innovator provided us with one system to manage all our 'non technical' NPD project data including project status and risk reports, project financials to Stage Gate & Portfolio Analysis. Having one place to capture all the data has created huge efficiencies for project teams, project managers, portfolio directors and senior management, eliminating multiple other reporting mechanisms, share point sites etc.etc..
- Innovator is easily configured around your exisiting processes and requires little or no training so you are up and running very quickly
- Innovator focusses on the practical challenges that almost all companies face in managing Portfolios of New Product Development projects - a one stop shop for all project & portfolio data, real time reporting, scenario modelling to support portfolio decision making.
- Users are attracted by the ease of use and visual format of the tool.
- Our internal IT group love it -it's provided by the Bubble Group as Software as a Service (hosted by Amazon), this means vitually no internal IT support is required
- User configurable screen views and reporting capability are in development - this will significantly help key users
- User configurable Portfolio Views and charting
- This tool provides the ability to see the full consolidated portfolio as well as the specific details of each project.
- This tool also allows the organization to rank the strategic importance of each project and makes it very easy to generate graphs for presentations.
- Each cross functional team member can also contribute and document their own progress in each project as well.
- The version of the tool presented to us on day 1 required some configuration to match our product development process. Bubble was very willing to partner with us, dig into the details of our procedures, and work towards a successful solution.
- Bubble Engineers and Programmers have clearly spent countless hours working on the interface. The usability of this software is among the most intuitive I have worked with in a business environment.
- Support from both Customer Service and Acct Managers has been great. Questions and reasonable requests are always handled in a timely manner.
- Limited metric reports available at this time. Screen printing and general report printing interfaces could use some improvement. Very little customization is available to different stakeholders for reports important to their department.
- The small text size and grey text color can be very difficult to read in meetings where projectors/large TVs are used. While it looks stylistically fantastic at my desk, it can be very challenging to view during presentations or peer reviews with stakeholders. Reference documents are often provided which defeats the purpose of having a web based tool to view live.