Overall Satisfaction with Carbonite EVault
[It's] used to backup the whole organization's servers. It solves protecting data files and is part of the DR strategy.
- It's easy to set up and backup.
- Like the speed of full backups once the initial backup is complete. It compresses and only backs up changes but makes it easy to restore as it links all the files together.
- Support is excellent - Easy to contact someone when I need help.
- DR: Previously had to do a restore of over a TB of data from the cloud. They quickly recovered the data onto units and shipped them overnight and it was fairly easy to restore the data and get an email system back up and functional.
- Would like to see better integration with the ON-Prem appliance and the cloud so I can backup less critical things like bare metal systems on-prem and then put the critical files in the cloud and not have to separate it as much.
- It would be nice to have better aging of the data so older files could be put in slower/cheaper storage instead of just falling off a cliff once it's aged based on its retention.
- Don't know as I'm a reseller but I've been able to restore/recover important files.
- ROI was excellent on getting email data back from backup. It did take a lot of time but that was due to how the CIO wanted it put back in pieces since new mail was turned on before the restore happended.
Went out of business but they had a sweet appliance that could be moved and the agents could still find it through a cloud/web site that directed it to it's serial number. Made it great to backup laptops too since they moved around and it wasn't always possible to reconfigure firewalls everywehre
Great for SMBs who have limited resources for backup but need a world class solution. Large companies are hesitant as they are not a big player and I've heard that their compression/deduplication is not as good as others. Some of the SMB on-prem units seemed cheap to me and not a world-class piece of hardware.