Overall Satisfaction with CBT Nuggets
I started using CBT Nuggets in my last job and suggested it for my current position. The training courses/videos are great and love that they are usually broken down to 10-15 minute segments which makes it slightly easier to squeeze in a video or two during downtime. It's great with multiple licenses to distribute accounts throughout your organization accordingly for a fraction of the cost an actual 5-day course.
- It's on-demand. You can take zero or 100 courses for the same price and at your own convenience.
- Courses are organized extremely well and instructors are great.
- You can cover a wide range of training topics - Microsoft, Networking, database, ETC.
- You can go back and re-watch videos to get a better understanding.
- Because it is on-demand, it's difficult to carve out time to dedicate to training.
- I've had trouble with following along with some of the lab exercises.
- It's rare, but videos can freeze up. You'll need to close the tab and start over.
- Training is always an important goal each year but always the first to be cut from the budget. This is a cheaper alternative and can offer more than a single course.
- We don't need to send someone away for an entire week for training, it can be viewed any time.
While you don't get the live instructor that you get with some other solutions, I've found the videos to be extremely helpful. If something is unclear, usually going back to re-watch clears things up for me. I like to get my hands in lots of server and networking functions and CBT Nuggets is great for both.