July 05, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
I started using CBT Nuggets in my last job and suggested it for my current position. The training courses/videos are great and love that they are usually broken down to 10-15 minute segments which makes it slightly easier to squeeze in a video or two during downtime. It's great with multiple licenses to distribute accounts throughout your organization accordingly for a fraction of the cost an actual 5-day course.
- It's on-demand. You can take zero or 100 courses for the same price and at your own convenience.
- Courses are organized extremely well and instructors are great.
- You can cover a wide range of training topics - Microsoft, Networking, database, ETC.
- You can go back and re-watch videos to get a better understanding.
- Because it is on-demand, it's difficult to carve out time to dedicate to training.
- I've had trouble with following along with some of the lab exercises.
- It's rare, but videos can freeze up. You'll need to close the tab and start over.
Read Curt Sminkey's full review
Many Microsoft servers and Cisco networking topics are covered which suits me best. Some IT topics are not covered as opposed to other training platforms. Things that require a hands-on lab can be difficult to simulate as well.