Overall Satisfaction with Chartio
It is used as a quick reference for our top level business goals. It is mostly for the benefit of execs, though it is used throughout the company. If the question is "is [KPI] trending up or down?" the answer is usually on Chartio.
- Clean, intuitive interface.
- Good selection of visualization types.
- Easy to use, without a lot of unnecessary features tacked on.
- Limited ability to control when charts update. We've seen issues where loading a single dashboard will cause all charts to update simultaneously, swamping the DB.
- User management controls are a bit crude. Adding/removing users and managing dashboard permissions is not trivial.
I tried a number of competitors before selecting Chartio. Duckboard is a mess. Looker is an exciting product but requires a huge amount of configuration. Most enterprise solutions have been featurecreeped to death and all look like Excel circa 1998. We selected Chartio because it does one thing and does it well.
What I like about Chartio is its simplicity, but our company is reaching a point where a more customizable solution is preferable.
It is a very solid dashboard app. If you want to keep track of data from an analytics platform or SQL database, Chartio is a good solution. If you want to do data exploration, this will not suit your needs.