Overall Satisfaction with Check Point Firewall Software Blade
We use Check Point Firewall Software Blade for outside facing protection for our hardware in multiple locations throughout the organization. Check Point serves as our primary firewall and our VPN software solution for the company. It is very easy to set up and use Check Point as a solution for VPN access instead of Microsoft VPN. The firewall itself proves to be very effective in managing traffic.
- The management console is very easy to use. There is a lot of information on it which can seem overwhelming, but everything is right there in one page.
- You have the ability to manage certain websites or IP addresses based on web content that is predefined or track individual end users.
- The support for Check Point is excellent. If you are having trouble with the appliance, help is not far away. Techs will stay with you for hours if need be, to resolve any issues.
- Check Point has a complex range of reporting tools, some of which can take time to learn and be comfortable with.
- The firewall is solid and needs to have someone with training to manage it which means any little mistake can bring down the network and have you on the phone with Check Point support.
- They are pricey for some of the hardware and reporting tools.
- Although there are better alternatives out there, Check Point delivers results for the price we paid for the system.
- Since implementation, we have not have any major issues with the product, minor issues were resolved in a timely fashion.
- Check Point currently fulfills our need for an outside facing firewall, when our organization grows larger, we will be looking at higher level enterprise solutions.
I believe Check Point Firewall Software Blade is well suited for medium to large organizations with 500 employees or less. Anything more than that, I would choose a more enterprise level firewall like Dell SonicWALL. Check Point does not provide mobile device control or Wi-Fi network control without purchasing a different Check Point appliance.