Quick and best security

Excellent Product Overall

Great Endpoint Protection Tool

Bytes Malware in the butt!

Endpoint Protection You Can Count On!

Malwarebytes for PCs

Premium (1 device)

Premium (5 devices)

Premium + Privacy

What is Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes is a antimalware application for home and small businesses, which blocks viruses, malware, hackers, viruses, and malicious websites.

Malwarebytes Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise, SaaS
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac

Alternatives

What is Malwarebytes?

What is Malwarebytes's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Malwarebytes?

The most common users of Malwarebytes are from Mid-size Companies and the Information Technology & Services industry.

We used malware bytes as a secondary antivirus program as we had another antivirus as our primary source of protection, but still, Malwarebytes was easy for us to quickly check systems for viruses and malware. We made use of their trial version to check its features and later we decided to go with paid versions. As it is easy to use, even a beginner can master this software. Quick scan time helps to save a lot of our time.
  • Threat prevention
  • Web protection
  • Ransomeware protection
  • VPN
  • There are less features provided for trial version of software.
  • They are missing realtime protection.
  • Sometimes quick scan fail to capture some affected files.
Malwarebytes will be very useful for people who don't want to sit for hours and hours for a virus scan. It can scan your complete PC within a minimum time. People can make use of a 14-day trial of this software to check if it works in your case. Finally worth the try.
Malwarebytes is being used to keep all computers virus-free. Since most of us are still working remotely and logging into the server from home, we needed something to keep our computers safe from viruses. This program came highly recommended by our IT consultant. I get a weekly report from them showing the viruses they quarantined and if any computer is in need of service.
  • The weekly reports help me see which employees are not being careful in the emails they open or programs they run.
  • This program gives me peace of mind that our computers are kept relatively safe from hackers.
  • Malwarebytes will warn you if a website does not look safe.
I know that computers are not 100% safe but it gives me some peace of mind knowing Malwarebytes is monitoring our computers daily. It is very easy to install and use. We were able to take out a 3-year contract for 5 users at a reasonable price.
Philip Dixon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Malwarebytes is a reliable and effective line of defense at the endpoint. In combination with other security measures, is helps keep our users and company safe from a variety of threats. With less time and resources spent on security and clean-up, business continuity is not disrupted. It works so well the end-user doesn't even know it is there, running in the background without hogging resources.
  • Very effective at detecting and blocking threats. Stays up to date with the latest threats.
  • Makes clean up easy for IT when there is a security incident.
  • Portal makes it easy to manage incidents and build custom policies.
  • I would like to see behavior monitoring tools on their baseline product. I think these should be standard in our current threat environment.
  • Like many other endpoint security products, prices are based on device count. I think this model is outdated and pricing should be based on an agent or other criteria that are more cost-effective to scale and adjust.
This is a great product for an organization with a small IT dept. It is easy to deploy and manage, and if you purchase the R]response product it can save you a lot of time on remediation and other issues. Since you have to purchase separate products for servers, large enterprises with a lot of servers might see high costs.
Mauro Biefeni | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Malwarebytes in the IT department to protect our servers. We also use Malwarebytes on all user machines, especially now that users often work from home, in order to protect all of our systems from ransomware or other attacks or issues.
  • Malwarebytes constantly monitors for all malware and ransomware, protecting your systems and network from being attacked. This can save a company millions of dollars even if one attack is averted.
  • Malwarebytes runs silently and does not create a bunch of overhead, dragging your system resources down. It is efficient and effective.
  • Malwarebytes has been one of the best values with reasonable subscription costs
Malwarebytes is well suited for a wide range of applications, from the home user to an enterprise infrastructure consisting of numerous server endpoints. We have it installed on over 80 endpoints including 16+ servers, both physical and virtual. I can't really think of a scenario where it is less appropriate--maybe in a scenario where you want malware to be able to take over a system?
We have Malwarebytes deployed across select users throughout our organization who we believe are at higher risk compared to our other users. We did this because we have found Malwarebytes to provide better overall protection on endpoints compared to other products. Also, Malwarebytes has a better admin console. We may consider deploying Malwarebytes more so in the future.
  • Admin console is great because it is easy to use and understand.
  • Malwarebytes was easy to deploy not only because of our small number of endpoint installs but also because of their deployment tool.
  • Malwarebytes often detects malware that other solutions don't.
  • Admin console easily allows you to manage endpoints and apply specific/different policies among your endpoints.
  • As of 2021 Q1, I have had issues with upgrading Malwarebytes installs on endpoints from the admin console. On about 30%-50% of the endpoints, I have to manually uninstall them, reboot, and reinstall Malwarebytes. This is a relatively new feature over the last year that Malwarebytes has done that let's you control updating the endpoint agent.
We only use the Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection software, which is only meant for endpoints for end users. Therefore, this product works really well for that.
When anything nasty hits a computer, we trust Malwarebytes to scan, detect, and reverse the harm done. It has proven to actually detect things which other solutions do not detect. The issue with the solution is that it does get a bit heavy when doing a rootkit scan. At times that causes the computers to become non-responsive.
  • Works
  • Clean interface
  • Heavy if kept installed on the machine
Appropriate to be used as a daily endpoint protection tool. It is suitable for personal, small, medium, and even large enterprises and can be trusted as a daily driver. But if you end up starting a rootkit scan during working hours, you'll have to get another temporary device for that user, as the computer being scanned gets heavy.
Jennifer Stirling | TrustRadius Reviewer
Malwarebites was highly recommended to me by a friend/colleague who specializes in cyber security. Since owning Malwarebites I have had 0 incidences of viruses, trojans, unwanted popups, or unwanted downloads on my computer. It allows me to do work without fear of stolen data, stolen passwords, or viruses that would negatively impact my time or computer speed.
  • Blocks and quarantines viruses.
  • Regularly and automatically scans computer for threats.
  • Real time Malware protection.
  • Real time app blocks.
  • User education.
  • Yearly subscription costs--it isn't free.
Malwarebites is appropriate for ANYONE who owns a computer. It is the most affordable and efficient option I know of in protecting your computer from malware including viruses, spyware, and Trojans. I honestly would not feel comfortable using any computer without this software to protect it. The alternative is often time-consuming and costly, whether it results in stolen information that impacts your accounts or computer damage that requires costly repairs, replacement, and/or re-programming.
I honestly haven't needed support for Malwarebytes because I haven't had any problems with it, whatsoever. I am giving it a 9 rating because I haven't actually had an encounter or experience with customer service or support, so it's hard to rate the actual support team since I've never had the privilege of coming into contact with them.
Marc Shaffer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it corporate-wide for endpoint and systems malware protection, threat mitigation, and repair. It is loaded onto all of our systems and we refer to it often. It does a great job of finding and eliminating malware of all kinds. It requires very little attention, updates cleanly and just works how it is supposed to work.
  • It is great at detecting malware and other such attempts to take over our systems.
  • Its deep scanning finds things we had no idea were on a system, then fixes it.
  • As I stated above, MB is very functional and quite easy to use, even for a novice. However, a better explanation of things found and their impact would be helpful.
  • Stop trying to sell me more time even when my license is good for well over a year.
MB shines for endpoint and system malware protection. It has saved us many times over the years which is why we continue to use it internally and recommend it to our clients. It is not a replacement for a strong firewall or good antivirus software. Together these things can and will keep you safe and will notify you of a problem.
Because they have always been johnny-on-the-spot when it comes to helping us. Fast and efficient. Besides, in all the years we have used MB we have had very few issues we could not resolve ourselves. If we email or call support we get excellent and fast responses with information that solves our issue.
Mark Piskura | TrustRadius Reviewer
Malwarebytes is being used to stop malware threats both expected and unexpected. It is used on both of my workstations. Malwarebytes addresses the business problem of potential malware infecting workstations, affecting the overall security of each station.
  • Protects against ransomware
  • Scans quickly and accurately assesses real and potential dangers
  • Provides and ongoing, running tally of items quarantined and those from last scan
  • I feel there should be more options of types of scans to run.
  • Auto updates fail at times
  • More layperson explanations of threats detected
I cannot speak to another company's needs but for us as a small company Malwarebytes provides the protection needed at a reasonable price. The protection it provides comes in the form of malware detection from downloaded files, which it does very well.
Each time I have ever needed support it was promptly available. The updates provided are always needed and immediately benefit my use of the software.
Malwarebytes is being used across our organization as our primary endpoint protection software to help guard against malware, virus and ransomware attacks. It is easy to make sure the software stays updated due to the cloud platform. Having Malwarebytes in use at our company gives me peace of mind that we are protected from serious threats.
  • It integrates well with Active Directory.
  • Implementation is smooth and easy.
  • The central management of endpoints makes it easy to monitor, etc.
  • Reporting could be a little more robust and having the ability to drill-down would be nice.
  • Initial configuration is a bit involved.
  • The GUI for the cloud interface could use improvement.
Malwarebytes is definitely one of the top contenders in its field. As with any corporate software, there are headaches all along the way -- from implementation to daily use and support. And cost is also a factor. Although not inexpensive, Malwarebytes is comparable to its close competitors. Overall, the quality of the product shines through, and it does what it's intended to do...protect!
The Malwarebytes customer support team is awesome! They really go above and beyond to help you with whatever issue you may experience. It is not that we need to contact their support team often, but the few times we did, we would speak to someone who knew what they were talking about and able to solve our problem. It is a comfort knowing that aside from a great product, you are getting a reliable support structure.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is used across the company on all computers as a second-level security solution, working in tandem with Symantec Endpoint Protection. Before integrating Malwarebytes into our security solutions, we used to lose at least one or two days of user productivity per month due to drive-by malware attacks - these problems were completely eliminated by adding Malwarebytes to our security solution.
  • Stops drive-by malware attacks/infections.
  • Blocks potentially hazardous website.
  • Pricing has increased dramatically over the last few years.
  • License renewals always require negotiation by us to mitigate price increases.
Malwarebytes is well suited to work in any business environment as a second-step security solution, working in tandem with a frontline anti-virus program such as Symantec Endpoint Protection or other corporate anti-virus. I can think of no real environments where Malwarebytes would not be useful, as malware is a problem across the board, regardless of business type or industry.
Technical support is excellent, but sales support is not the greatest. We are regularly faced with dramatic price increases each year at time of renewal, and usually have to negotiate with sales support for a few weeks to mitigate these increases. Even after negotiation, we regularly see price increases of approximately 35-40% on our annual renewals, which have amounted to an overall increase of more than 150% over just the past three years!
January 26, 2020

Malwarebytes for PCs

Individuals at the university have purchased Malwarebytes for their university-issued computers and for their own computers. We use it to protect our computers from malware.
  • Malwarebytes catches some malware apps that other security programs don't catch.
  • The user interface is easy to understand.
  • Malwarebytes used to be available for one-time purchase. Now the premium version is available only for yearly subscription.
  • Occasionally, Malwarebytes misses a suspicious application that other security programs catch.
Malwarebytes is well suited for protecting an individual PC. (I haven't tried the Mac version.) Malwarebytes is not suitable for computers that belong to an organization where users are compelled to install other security software. Conflicts between Malwarebytes and other security software can slow down a computer and possibly cause other problems.
Kyle Dennis | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Malwarebytes on all client systems with great success, we have had no negative impacts on our operations from malware while using the product companywide. It is a lightweight and minimally intrusive solution so we also do not need to worry about it creating confusion or concern among our user base.
  • Detection - Malwarebytes is extremely thorough and very quick, realtime detection has been very helpful.
  • Mitigation - Malwarebytes is effective at removing any malware that it detects and uses a simple user interface which helps enable our end users to be proactive.
  • User Friendliness - It is straightforward and easy to use.
  • Not a full-stack Anti-Virus solution - While good with Malware, it was not built to be a full suite antivirus program.
  • Lack of centralized reporting - Does not report back to system administrators, only locally
  • Updates can be somewhat intrusive - A silent background update feature for program updates would be great, currently only updates definitions that way.
Malwarebytes is great when combined with another solution, such as an antivirus. It is an added layer of protection and does a great job with threats that other programs may see as low priority or not even worth reporting. It is not meant to be the only solution used by your company. We use it behind strong policies on our firewall, Proofpoint email security, and an additional cloud-based antivirus on our client systems with great success (zero incidents).
Great at what it does and doesn't try to do what isn't within its core competencies. It is a lightweight and user-friendly program that doesn't incite panic among our users or create inconvenience which is something our help desk appreciates as they can spend time focusing on actual problems, not a bunch of scary false positives.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Malwarebytes on my work laptop and personal workstation computers. We use Malwarebytes in both Windows and Mac environments. We trust Malwarebytes to protect our computers from any malicious websites and ransomware attacks in real-time. I know it protects my computers beyond what any anti-virus software used to do. It keeps us safely operating without any fear of attacks.
  • Real-time malware and ransomware protection. I never worry about attacks.
  • Automatic scans that don't affect computer performance. Runs at start-up and periodic scans to not only keep my computers running without a hiccup but also without any delay.
  • Almost hidden from view so I hardly know it's there.
  • More clarity on the different versions and which is best and why.
  • Before I purchased Malwarebytes the pop-up to purchase in the free version was very annoying.
Malwarebytes works great on both Windows and Mac computers. My laptop is a middle of the pack late 2017 Dell running Windows 10 i7 with 8GB RAM 250GB Hybrid Hard Drive and I don't have any noticeable slowdown issues. My Mac is a mid-2010 Mac Mini running MacOS Sierra and I have no issues with Malwarebytes on that platform either.
dishant sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
Malwarebytes is protecting the systems of our whole company. We are using it in our day to day tasks. Its real-time protection makes sure that our systems will get ultimate protection from any malware. Malwarebytes is a final total security solution that one needs to have to be free from any security concern. We are using Malwarebytes to protect our systems from any viruses or malware coming through email attachments, etc. Malwarebytes has enabled us to focus on our work and surf the internet safely. It is very crucial for any company to keep itself safe from any malicious attempt to steal highly confidential information. Hence, Malwarebytes is helping us to solve this issue more efficiently.
  • Very powerful scanning mechanism
  • Frequently updated virus definitions
  • Very effective against the rootkits
  • Scans and detects even those virus which were left out by other antiviruses
  • Real-time protection is not available in the free version.
  • Gets a little costly on purchasing for a yearly basis after the first discounted year.
  • Its resource consumption is higher as compared to other similar products. Hence, I find a performance drop when it is running in the background.
Malwarebytes is undoubtedly one of the best antiviruses protection system available in the market to date. Malware bytes is pretty effective against the rootkits. A rootkit is a piece of software which enables malware to be in stealth mode while remaining undetected by most of the antiviruses. But, Malwarebytes provides superior protection to the device against it. Malware bytes is an excellent antivirus system to purchase. But, it also has some downsides. One of the limitations of Malwarebytes is that even after scanning the whole system, some viruses remained in the system. It doesn't provide real-time email protection.
Richard Marton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Malwarebytes is being used on most PCs in our organization and it is a great malware remover solution. Its pros include ease of use and comprehensive malware removal for free. On a personal level, I find it to be an indispensable tool for any OS. Nothing to dislike, I would like more features, but I'm sure they will come with time. During my years of using the software both for personal use and at work, I have successfully removed malware that was causing system instability several times.
  • Ease of use
  • Comprehensive malware removal
  • Low cost
  • Includes a free version
  • Update the design to something more modern.
  • Make a dedicated standalone version of the free version.
Whenever anything goes wrong on my PC, my first instinct is to immediately fire up Malwarebytes in order to launch a full system scan. I usually am hopeful that Malwarebytes finds at least one piece of unfriendly malware because it usually means that it can be removed by Malwarebytes and then all the problems that came with it in the first place seem to go away as well.
Debbie Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our IT Department uses Malwarebytes as an antivirus detect and repair tool as needed for one-off issues that arise. Typically when our antivirus reports an issue, whether it species that it quarantined the problem or not, we follow up with a Malwarebytes scan on the machine to confirm all is well. It's basically used as a second set of eyes to confirm our primary software did not miss anything.
  • It is one of the best malware testers I've ever used. It finds things others don't.
  • It updates the database quickly so it always seems to be one step of others in a removal or block.
  • It runs quickly, even the full scans take less than and cover more ground than competitors.
  • I wish it could update its software without admin rights once it is installed so it's always up to date when needed.
It does a fantastic job when attempting to confirm if a user machine has malware or not. It does a great job at cleaning most things or telling you if it can't clean it completely. It's easy to understand and doesn't leave you wondering if the PC is clean or not.
Jen Garfinkel-Canseco | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Malwarebytes for all of my computers, for all of my client's computers, and recommend it to anyone that asks. I've used it for over 9 years and have found it to be the best malware and virus protection out there. It's easy to install, and comes in both a free and paid version. Free version you have to manually run your scans, and the paid version has real-time protection. Both are excellent options and the paid version is MORE than worth the money they charge. Everyone I have recommended it to has been extremely happy with it and have NO complaints whatsoever.
  • Malware protection is top of the line, keep your computer clean of malware and spyware.
  • Virus protection is also top of the line, and I've had Malwarebytes catch viruses that Symantec didn't!
  • Updates are provided quickly and you are always prompted to download the updates as soon as they are available making sure you're always protected.
  • And the absolute best part of Malwarebytes....it won't slow down your computer or interfere with other programs such as some of the big antivirus software companies!
  • I have not found any cons for Malwarebytes. I have never had any issues with it in the 9+ years I've been using it as my sole malware/spyware/virus protection.
Malwarebytes, although mostly marketed for malware and spyware, has an excellent virus protection as well. Over 9 years ago when I first started using it, I had gotten a nasty virus on my laptop. t locked out Symantec (which never blocked it, and never recognized it). I tried half a dozen other virus programs to determine what virus and to fix it, and NONE worked. Someone recommended trying Malwarebytes, guess what, first scan it caught the virus, gave me info on what virus it was and helped me remove the virus from the laptop, as well as from all of the executable files it had attached to. I have been a loyal Malwarebytes customer since!
November 28, 2018

Guaranteed Protection

I started using Malwarebytes a few years ago after I suffered the infection of a ramsonware (police type) on my laptop, and with it I lost almost all the information stored on my desktop and my disk c. The truth is that on that occasion I tried by all means to recover my S.O and my files, but there was nothing to do, it was a total disappointment. After formatting my disk and reinstalling the whole system, I dedicated myself to searching in several forums about a program that will help me improve the defenses of my laptop and finally I decided on Malwarebytes and the truth is that it is an excellent protection measure, from that I have not had incidents with malwares, rootkits or any other malicious code since it detects them quickly and eliminates them without any problem.
  • There is a free version and paid version.
  • The installation process is very easy and quick to perform.
  • You can choose the type of analysis that the program performs (threats, personalized, fast). Of course you can also program the system to perform the analysis at the time you want and so do not have to perform manually.
  • After executing the analysis, Malwarebytes generates a quite complete report where you can see all the problems, violations and others that have been detected.
  • When Malwarebytes is updated the consumption of CPU increases considerably generating a slight decrease in the performance of the PC, which can be uncomfortable when you occupy PC with low memory and an old processor.
Malwarebytes is totally recommended in almost all possible scenarios as an excellent measure of protection for your PC, allowing you to clean your PC of rootkits, malwares, avoid annoying ramsonwares infections, trojans and many other threats that are found on the internet today. Unfortunately, Malwarebytes can give some problems if you occupy an old or low-end computer since sometimes the consumption of resources goes up a lot and can cause slight system freezes, but that happens only occasionally and it seems that it is mainly a product of the version that is taken care of since in previous versions and other PC that did not happen to me.
Kenji C | TrustRadius Reviewer
When it comes to malware, malwarebytes is great for cleaning and detecting issues. We have it for users who access/download many webpages daily, and those who download attachments and get emails from sales or customers outside the organization. It helps ease my mind when dealing with infections. When it finds something, it's extremely easy to clean it.
  • Low system resources, it does not slow down the whole computer when scanning or when real-time protection is enabled
  • Quick and frequent updates, usually people hate updating, but for malware/viruses, you want to be updated as possible. It takes less than 15 seconds and usually does it automatically. They usually send a few updates a day as they find more.
  • Protection features actually work when visiting known bad websites. The page will be blocked and nothing will be downloaded. It may not be what the user wants, but it's what the user needs (as the user can't know every bad website)
  • A few years ago they changed their license model and now have different products. They no longer have lifetime subscriptions, you have to buy it monthly. I really dislike monthly charges, but I understand this is how they make money.
  • It would be nice if malwarebytes had a management console for business/enterprise clients. One place/program to manage all the others.
  • Enabling premium features when the free version is downloaded is annoying, just give me the free version if I download that one.
I think all users could benefit from it. Bigger clients with thousands of users might be more tough, but once it's installed and running, it doesn't require much user interaction. Really works well, always finds what is infected and cleans them with no issues. Almost never have issues on my PC, with the premium version it will block the site entirely so you won't even get to the page to download the malware. It's pretty good, and i'll be using it for years to come.
Joe Spradlin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are utilizing Malwarebytes across the whole organization as a critical component of our security posture. We currently have gateway anti-virus as well as System Center Endpoint Protection client, however, our protection was not as well rounded and comprehensive as it is now with Malwarebytes added to the layers. We have seen a significant decrease in infections across the enterprise, which is a good sign of an effective product. As with any IT Manager, my goal is to maintain as close to 100% uptime for every user in the company and with Malwarebytes in the mix that goal is possible.
  • Work without knowing it's there.
  • Undetectable silent operation
  • Easy management & configuration
  • Highly effective in eliminating daily threats to our organization
  • Plays well with other products
  • I chose Malwarebytes because I couldn't find anything significant for them to improve on at this time. (As far as functionality goes)
  • I would like to see the reporting improve as far as exporting data.
I believe that Malwarebytes fits into any environment and would compliment a layered approach.
  • Self-taught
We don't need support very often (if ever). We had a glitch back several years ago that was a small bug, but it was taken care of in the next release. Support is always spot on.
Pritesh Patel | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business. It is installed on all of our company computers as well as some servers. We use the enterprise addition to help us keep track of all computers and protect us against any security threats since we are a software company.
  • The Enterprise console manager is very nice
  • Very easy to install
  • Very light program
  • Logging is great
  • A better UI
  • More solutions for data security
  • Have an email logging mechanism to send system admin alerts for any computers in the fields with threats
Malwarebytes is great for any size company. We are a small company and it works well with us. Each user was easily able to install the software and get it registered. If you are a very large company, you may look into a better enterprise security software that can give you more controls and options.
Matt Rogers | TrustRadius Reviewer
We deploy Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection to all staff. We find that malware/spyware/adware issues become simply non-existent when the client is installed on a computer. It is incredibly easy to deploy and we find that we rarely, if ever, need to address any problems with the installations. It dynamically updates malware definitions in the background and is completely silent. Most users are not even aware they have it installed on their system...which is a good thing!
  • Malwarebytes blocks and removes ALL malware extremely well. We simply do not have malware/adware/spyware issues any more.
  • Malwarebytes runs silently in the background. The last thing we want is something intrusive that shows constant popups and annoys users.
  • We are able to quickly and easily deploy and monitor Malwarebytes installations from a central server. This is incredibly nice from an administration standpoint. We almost never have to remote into a user's computer or visit them to make any changes or adjustments. It also gives us peace of mind being able to see all implementations listed in a central application and know that they are working and updated.
  • The central server management software was rather difficult to install. This was mostly due to a permissions issue with SQL server. Malwarebytes support helped us out and we were able to get past this ok.
  • We really have no other complaints with this software.
Malwarebytes is well-suited to most environments. I can only speak for a small-sized company. In our environment of 20 users, it is very manageable and trouble free. I would imagine it would work equally well in a large company. I cannot think of a scenario where it would not be appropriate. I have it installed on my personal machine at home and do not have any spyware/adware/malware issues.
Malwarebytes began to be used two years ago by the team in charge of the maintenance of the equipment (pc) because many users of the company navigated without precaution through the network in search of files and materials. This constantly infected their browsers with various malware that in the end freeze the browser, opened popup pages and changed the home page. As you cannot always eliminate the infection with only an antivirus and we could not be constantly formatting the system, we started using this program after reading several forums and comments about the advantages it has over other similar programs.
  • Its analysis system is quite fast and efficient, finding and detecting the infected files and also those that are suspicious.
  • its system of heuristic analysis allows detection of potential problems or infections in the system
  • complements in a very good way the use of antivirus, since it blocks and detects all that the antivirus does not detect
  • I think they should improve the update system to be more constant and not just once a day
It is suitable for use in all spaces where the security of computers must be taken care of, and even for the home, I also use it on my personal laptop. I have been able to install the Malwarebytes on several computers (some new and others with more than 5 years) and in all it has run well without producing any problem with the system.
Elena Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company has two locations, one in Illinois and one in New Jersey. We normally use Malwarebytes to pick up PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that are not normally caught by our virus software. This is installed on all of our computers. It is very reliable and user friendly. We first started using MWB about 8 years ago. They are constantly running updates to better the program.
  • Picks up PUPS that other programs don't.
  • Picks up adware that other programs don't.
  • Picks up root kits that other programs don't.
  • Very user friendly and easy to navigate.
  • Easy to renew license.
  • Very good price for licenses on multiple computers.
  • Make it easier to find the area where you enter the activation code or key code. Sometimes it's hard to find, too many clicks to get to it.
  • Offer a rewards program for renewals.
  • Offer reward points.
Malwarebytes is best suited to run in the background and set to start scanning upon reboots and start ups. I like that it runs flawlessly in the background and doesn't interrupt my running programs. It is also best suited to run after a major scan of your primary virus scan. It tends to find additional stuff that other virus scans don't pick up on.