Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Malwarebytes, and make your voice heard!
Premium (1 device)
Premium (5 devices)
Premium + Privacy
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Mac|
McAfee Total Protection
Sophos Intercept X
Norton Small Business
Webroot Antivirus + Internet Security Complete (SecureAnywhere)
Avast Business Antivirus
AVG AntiVirus Business Edition
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud
- Catches malicious websites
- Catches malware activity
- Ransomware protection
- software exploits
- They are constantly making the program better...no recommendations for improvement.
- Threat prevention
- Web protection
- Ransomeware protection
- There are less features provided for trial version of software.
- They are missing realtime protection.
- Sometimes quick scan fail to capture some affected files.
- The weekly reports help me see which employees are not being careful in the emails they open or programs they run.
- This program gives me peace of mind that our computers are kept relatively safe from hackers.
- Malwarebytes will warn you if a website does not look safe.
- Clean interface
- Heavy if kept installed on the machine
- Admin console is great because it is easy to use and understand.
- Malwarebytes was easy to deploy not only because of our small number of endpoint installs but also because of their deployment tool.
- Malwarebytes often detects malware that other solutions don't.
- Admin console easily allows you to manage endpoints and apply specific/different policies among your endpoints.
- As of 2021 Q1, I have had issues with upgrading Malwarebytes installs on endpoints from the admin console. On about 30%-50% of the endpoints, I have to manually uninstall them, reboot, and reinstall Malwarebytes. This is a relatively new feature over the last year that Malwarebytes has done that let's you control updating the endpoint agent.
- Very effective at detecting and blocking threats. Stays up to date with the latest threats.
- Makes clean up easy for IT when there is a security incident.
- Portal makes it easy to manage incidents and build custom policies.
- I would like to see behavior monitoring tools on their baseline product. I think these should be standard in our current threat environment.
- Like many other endpoint security products, prices are based on device count. I think this model is outdated and pricing should be based on an agent or other criteria that are more cost-effective to scale and adjust.
- Malwarebytes constantly monitors for all malware and ransomware, protecting your systems and network from being attacked. This can save a company millions of dollars even if one attack is averted.
- Malwarebytes runs silently and does not create a bunch of overhead, dragging your system resources down. It is efficient and effective.
- Malwarebytes has been one of the best values with reasonable subscription costs
- Stops drive-by malware attacks/infections.
- Blocks potentially hazardous website.
- Pricing has increased dramatically over the last few years.
- License renewals always require negotiation by us to mitigate price increases.
- Protects against ransomware
- Scans quickly and accurately assesses real and potential dangers
- Provides and ongoing, running tally of items quarantined and those from last scan
- I feel there should be more options of types of scans to run.
- Auto updates fail at times
- More layperson explanations of threats detected
- Blocks and quarantines viruses.
- Regularly and automatically scans computer for threats.
- Real time Malware protection.
- Real time app blocks.
- User education.
- Yearly subscription costs--it isn't free.
- It integrates well with Active Directory.
- Implementation is smooth and easy.
- The central management of endpoints makes it easy to monitor, etc.
- Reporting could be a little more robust and having the ability to drill-down would be nice.
- Initial configuration is a bit involved.
- The GUI for the cloud interface could use improvement.
- It is great at detecting malware and other such attempts to take over our systems.
- Its deep scanning finds things we had no idea were on a system, then fixes it.
- As I stated above, MB is very functional and quite easy to use, even for a novice. However, a better explanation of things found and their impact would be helpful.
- Stop trying to sell me more time even when my license is good for well over a year.
- Malwarebytes catches some malware apps that other security programs don't catch.
- The user interface is easy to understand.
- Malwarebytes used to be available for one-time purchase. Now the premium version is available only for yearly subscription.
- Occasionally, Malwarebytes misses a suspicious application that other security programs catch.
- One thing that makes it a great product is its ability to find malware that is always not picked up by other AV solutions. It digs deeper into the OS to scan/find threats.
- Another thing it does well is scanning is usually fast, and it doesn't really use a lot of system resources when running. This can help end-users to still be productive on their computers while Malwarebytes is running.
- It would not really be recommended to use as a standalone AV product without any other AV software. It is not a complete all-in-one AV solution, as it is good at finding some hard-to-discover malware, but for other viruses, an actual anti-virus product would be recommended.
- There is not a "quick scan" option, so it will generally do a full/complete threat scan. The scanning completion time has gotten better over years, even with it doing a full scan, although for some users, a quick scan option would be nice.
- Background scan and hunt for virus
- Manage multiple licence
- Remote support
- App Based monitoring for all devices
- Price discount and offers
- Device Location Identification
- Detection - Malwarebytes is extremely thorough and very quick, realtime detection has been very helpful.
- Mitigation - Malwarebytes is effective at removing any malware that it detects and uses a simple user interface which helps enable our end users to be proactive.
- User Friendliness - It is straightforward and easy to use.
- Not a full-stack Anti-Virus solution - While good with Malware, it was not built to be a full suite antivirus program.
- Lack of centralized reporting - Does not report back to system administrators, only locally
- Updates can be somewhat intrusive - A silent background update feature for program updates would be great, currently only updates definitions that way.
- It's very good at detecting and removing possibly unwanted programs, like iffy extensions, etc.
- It's great at blocking questionable sites from being accessed by users.
- It's quite good at keeping clients up to date.
- The admin client push install is a great tool, but I've had to take a couple of tries occasionally to install a client. Not often, but it happens.
- The push install tool could be a little more flexible in terms of how you'd like to install and when.
- The client dashboard has a lot of information but I'd like to be able to customize it more than I can now.
- Real-time malware and ransomware protection. I never worry about attacks.
- Automatic scans that don't affect computer performance. Runs at start-up and periodic scans to not only keep my computers running without a hiccup but also without any delay.
- Almost hidden from view so I hardly know it's there.
- More clarity on the different versions and which is best and why.
- Before I purchased Malwarebytes the pop-up to purchase in the free version was very annoying.
- Easy to install.
- Always running to offer protection.
- Offers a variety of scan types.
- Updates frequently.
- Updates can be intrusive with pop up messages.
- Free version always pushes you to upgrade to paid product.
- Updates always turn on premium trial mode that will eventually expire and prompt users even more for their attention.
- Very powerful scanning mechanism
- Frequently updated virus definitions
- Very effective against the rootkits
- Scans and detects even those virus which were left out by other antiviruses
- Real-time protection is not available in the free version.
- Gets a little costly on purchasing for a yearly basis after the first discounted year.
- Its resource consumption is higher as compared to other similar products. Hence, I find a performance drop when it is running in the background.
- Ease of use
- Comprehensive malware removal
- Low cost
- Includes a free version
- Update the design to something more modern.
- Make a dedicated standalone version of the free version.
- Keeps your computer clean of malware, blocks and removes all malware extremely well.
- There is a free version.
- There are updates to the database definitions frequently.
- Simple interface and easy software to use.
- Effeciently quarantines and removes threats.
- Scanning is slow to complete.
- It is one of the best malware testers I've ever used. It finds things others don't.
- It updates the database quickly so it always seems to be one step of others in a removal or block.
- It runs quickly, even the full scans take less than and cover more ground than competitors.
- I wish it could update its software without admin rights once it is installed so it's always up to date when needed.
- Malware protection is top of the line, keep your computer clean of malware and spyware.
- Virus protection is also top of the line, and I've had Malwarebytes catch viruses that Symantec didn't!
- Updates are provided quickly and you are always prompted to download the updates as soon as they are available making sure you're always protected.
- And the absolute best part of Malwarebytes....it won't slow down your computer or interfere with other programs such as some of the big antivirus software companies!
- I have not found any cons for Malwarebytes. I have never had any issues with it in the 9+ years I've been using it as my sole malware/spyware/virus protection.
- There is a free version and paid version.
- The installation process is very easy and quick to perform.
- You can choose the type of analysis that the program performs (threats, personalized, fast). Of course you can also program the system to perform the analysis at the time you want and so do not have to perform manually.
- After executing the analysis, Malwarebytes generates a quite complete report where you can see all the problems, violations and others that have been detected.
- When Malwarebytes is updated the consumption of CPU increases considerably generating a slight decrease in the performance of the PC, which can be uncomfortable when you occupy PC with low memory and an old processor.