https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/iO/H1/HB8SVAF84H8S.pngI like malwarebytes and I'll continue to use them for years to come!When it comes to malware, malwarebytes is great for cleaning and detecting issues. We have it for users who access/download many webpages daily, and those who download attachments and get emails from sales or customers outside the organization. It helps ease my mind when dealing with infections. When it finds something, it's extremely easy to clean it.,Low system resources, it does not slow down the whole computer when scanning or when real-time protection is enabled Quick and frequent updates, usually people hate updating, but for malware/viruses, you want to be updated as possible. It takes less than 15 seconds and usually does it automatically. They usually send a few updates a day as they find more. Protection features actually work when visiting known bad websites. The page will be blocked and nothing will be downloaded. It may not be what the user wants, but it's what the user needs (as the user can't know every bad website),A few years ago they changed their license model and now have different products. They no longer have lifetime subscriptions, you have to buy it monthly. I really dislike monthly charges, but I understand this is how they make money. It would be nice if malwarebytes had a management console for business/enterprise clients. One place/program to manage all the others. Enabling premium features when the free version is downloaded is annoying, just give me the free version if I download that one.,10,Less cleanup and work for IT, as users/PC don't get infected as often Less user interaction when premium is installed, it will run scans and block sites for you Less downtime as PCs stay up and running, users can stay productiveMalwarebytes, King of the HillWe are utilizing Malwarebytes across the whole organization as a critical component of our security posture. We currently have gateway anti-virus as well as System Center Endpoint Protection client, however, our protection was not as well rounded and comprehensive as it is now with Malwarebytes added to the layers. We have seen a significant decrease in infections across the enterprise, which is a good sign of an effective product. As with any IT Manager, my goal is to maintain as close to 100% uptime for every user in the company and with Malwarebytes in the mix that goal is possible.,Work without knowing it's there. Undetectable silent operation Easy management & configuration Highly effective in eliminating daily threats to our organization Plays well with other products,I chose Malwarebytes because I couldn't find anything significant for them to improve on at this time. (As far as functionality goes) I would like to see the reporting improve as far as exporting data.,10,Malwarebytes has prevented many infections which leads to less downtime for my internal customers. ROI is really difficult to calculate, but here is an impact on the company in te sense that we have next to zero client infections that disrupt workflow.,GFI Vipre and McAfee Endpoint Protection Suite,Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager,175,2,Endpoint protection Mobile device protection Server protection,None noted,None noted We will be utilizing Malwarebytes as it applies to best practices.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Third-party Reviews,We take a methodical approach to evaluating security products as the impact to our organization can be significant (either positive or negative). I don't believe that we would change our approach if we had to do it again. We always thoroughly review and demo any product prior to implementation into our infrastructure.,Self-taught,Malwarebytes is very intuitive. I am speaking from an enterprise user/administrator perspective, so I assume I am talking to an IT professional when I say that it is intuitive and easy to set up and use. I would definitely recommend this product to my colleagues with no reservations. We ordered the product from Malwarebytes, received our download email & license codes, installed the product and was up and deployed in a matter of an hour or so after we created our policies and exceptions.,No,10,Yes,When we first got the product we had issues with loading the management client on one of our servers, but tech support assisted us quickly and we were up and running in minutes. Malwarebytes tech support is one of the better support teams we have dealt with albeit, very infrequent. :). I know that my Sr. Network Admin loves their technical support staff because they don't waste any time in reaching a solution. Being a small team, we have a lot of responsibility and our workload can be heavy at times...the last thing you want to worry about is revisiting a problem more than once, or having to make more than one support call to resolve an issue.,Client deployment is super easy and fast. You must read the pre-requisite requirement for client-side prior to deployment or your deployments will fail. Creating policies are easy and quick Creating exceptions and rules is easy Reporting is easy to use and is laid out in a professional manner,None noted None noted None Noted,Yes,10Install it and forget it!We deploy Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection to all staff. We find that malware/spyware/adware issues become simply non-existent when the client is installed on a computer. It is incredibly easy to deploy and we find that we rarely, if ever, need to address any problems with the installations. It dynamically updates malware definitions in the background and is completely silent. Most users are not even aware they have it installed on their system...which is a good thing!,Malwarebytes blocks and removes ALL malware extremely well. We simply do not have malware/adware/spyware issues any more. Malwarebytes runs silently in the background. The last thing we want is something intrusive that shows constant popups and annoys users. We are able to quickly and easily deploy and monitor Malwarebytes installations from a central server. This is incredibly nice from an administration standpoint. We almost never have to remote into a user's computer or visit them to make any changes or adjustments. It also gives us peace of mind being able to see all implementations listed in a central application and know that they are working and updated.,The central server management software was rather difficult to install. This was mostly due to a permissions issue with SQL server. Malwarebytes support helped us out and we were able to get past this ok. We really have no other complaints with this software.,10,The main impact on ROI is in the amount of time it saves. We can centrally manage, deploy, and monitor Malwarebytes implementations, which saves tons of time. We do not have to spend any time throughout the year getting rid of stubborn malware from users' computers. This in itself makes it all worth it! Malwarebytes has helped us achieve our objective of keeping our users safe and secure from malicious software.,Kaspersky Endpoint Security,Sophos Endpoint Protection, Windows ServerKeep Your PC Clean and SafeMalwarebytes began to be used two years ago by the team in charge of the maintenance of the equipment (pc) because many users of the company navigated without precaution through the network in search of files and materials. This constantly infected their browsers with various malware that in the end freeze the browser, opened popup pages and changed the home page. As you cannot always eliminate the infection with only an antivirus and we could not be constantly formatting the system, we started using this program after reading several forums and comments about the advantages it has over other similar programs.,Its analysis system is quite fast and efficient, finding and detecting the infected files and also those that are suspicious. its system of heuristic analysis allows detection of potential problems or infections in the system complements in a very good way the use of antivirus, since it blocks and detects all that the antivirus does not detect,I think they should improve the update system to be more constant and not just once a day,9,It allows to keep the computers functional and free of infection, and due to that the amount of computer rotation and the amount of these that were sent to the technical service were reduced.,Avira Antivirus, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Media OptimizerSuper Antivirus Software!Our company has two locations, one in Illinois and one in New Jersey. We normally use Malwarebytes to pick up PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that are not normally caught by our virus software. This is installed on all of our computers. It is very reliable and user friendly. We first started using MWB about 8 years ago. They are constantly running updates to better the program.,Picks up PUPS that other programs don't. Picks up adware that other programs don't. Picks up root kits that other programs don't. Very user friendly and easy to navigate. Easy to renew license. Very good price for licenses on multiple computers.,Make it easier to find the area where you enter the activation code or key code. Sometimes it's hard to find, too many clicks to get to it. Offer a rewards program for renewals. Offer reward points.,10,It has had a positive impact because it finds PUPS, malware and adware that other programs don't pick up. Less than a year for a ROI It has saved us thousands of dollars in IT fees by finding other malware.,Norton Internet Security,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Microsoft Dynamics SL, Avalara AvaTax,26
Windows, Mac
Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes Reviews

Malwarebytes
Filter 63 vetted Malwarebytes reviews and ratings
Kenji C profile photo
August 03, 2018

Review: "I like malwarebytes and I'll continue to use them for years to come!"

• Low system resources, it does not slow down the whole computer when scanning or when real-time protection is enabled
  • Quick and frequent updates, usually people hate updating, but for malware/viruses, you want to be updated as possible. It takes less than 15 seconds and usually does it automatically. They usually send a few updates a day as they find more.
  • Protection features actually work when visiting known bad websites. The page will be blocked and nothing will be downloaded. It may not be what the user wants, but it's what the user needs (as the user can't know every bad website)
  • A few years ago they changed their license model and now have different products. They no longer have lifetime subscriptions, you have to buy it monthly. I really dislike monthly charges, but I understand this is how they make money.
  • It would be nice if malwarebytes had a management console for business/enterprise clients. One place/program to manage all the others.
  • Enabling premium features when the free version is downloaded is annoying, just give me the free version if I download that one.
I think all users could benefit from it. Bigger clients with thousands of users might be more tough, but once it's installed and running, it doesn't require much user interaction. Really works well, always finds what is infected and cleans them with no issues. Almost never have issues on my PC, with the premium version it will block the site entirely so you won't even get to the page to download the malware. It's pretty good, and i'll be using it for years to come.
Read Kenji C's full review
Joe Spradlin profile photo
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes, King of the Hill"

• Work without knowing it's there.
  • Undetectable silent operation
  • Easy management & configuration
  • Highly effective in eliminating daily threats to our organization
  • Plays well with other products
  • I chose Malwarebytes because I couldn't find anything significant for them to improve on at this time. (As far as functionality goes)
  • I would like to see the reporting improve as far as exporting data.
I believe that Malwarebytes fits into any environment and would compliment a layered approach.
Read Joe Spradlin's full review
Matt Rogers profile photo
August 08, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Install it and forget it!"

• Malwarebytes blocks and removes ALL malware extremely well. We simply do not have malware/adware/spyware issues any more.
  • Malwarebytes runs silently in the background. The last thing we want is something intrusive that shows constant popups and annoys users.
  • We are able to quickly and easily deploy and monitor Malwarebytes installations from a central server. This is incredibly nice from an administration standpoint. We almost never have to remote into a user's computer or visit them to make any changes or adjustments. It also gives us peace of mind being able to see all implementations listed in a central application and know that they are working and updated.
  • The central server management software was rather difficult to install. This was mostly due to a permissions issue with SQL server. Malwarebytes support helped us out and we were able to get past this ok.
  • We really have no other complaints with this software.
Malwarebytes is well-suited to most environments. I can only speak for a small-sized company. In our environment of 20 users, it is very manageable and trouble free. I would imagine it would work equally well in a large company. I cannot think of a scenario where it would not be appropriate. I have it installed on my personal machine at home and do not have any spyware/adware/malware issues.
Read Matt Rogers's full review
Benjamin Cornejo profile photo
June 13, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Keep Your PC Clean and Safe"

• Its analysis system is quite fast and efficient, finding and detecting the infected files and also those that are suspicious.
  • its system of heuristic analysis allows detection of potential problems or infections in the system
  • complements in a very good way the use of antivirus, since it blocks and detects all that the antivirus does not detect
  • I think they should improve the update system to be more constant and not just once a day
It is suitable for use in all spaces where the security of computers must be taken care of, and even for the home, I also use it on my personal laptop. I have been able to install the Malwarebytes on several computers (some new and others with more than 5 years) and in all it has run well without producing any problem with the system.
Read Benjamin Cornejo's full review
Elena Jackson profile photo
May 28, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Super Antivirus Software!"

• Picks up PUPS that other programs don't.
  • Picks up adware that other programs don't.
  • Picks up root kits that other programs don't.
  • Very user friendly and easy to navigate.
  • Easy to renew license.
  • Very good price for licenses on multiple computers.
  • Make it easier to find the area where you enter the activation code or key code. Sometimes it's hard to find, too many clicks to get to it.
  • Offer a rewards program for renewals.
  • Offer reward points.
Malwarebytes is best suited to run in the background and set to start scanning upon reboots and start ups. I like that it runs flawlessly in the background and doesn't interrupt my running programs. It is also best suited to run after a major scan of your primary virus scan. It tends to find additional stuff that other virus scans don't pick up on.
Read Elena Jackson's full review
Richard D. Peters profile photo
May 22, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes Delivers for Library"

Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) uses Malwarebytes across our entire organization. Malwarebytes is an integral component of our risk mitigation strategy to address the following threats: malware; block ransomware attacks; malicious website blocking; prevent exploits. Malwarebytes provides a solution that stays current with new attack vectors but works in the background without affecting or disrupting library staff operations or patron services. Malwarebytes also provides capability for centralized management significantly improving IT staff efficiency.

• Centralized management saves travel time for remediation. IT Staff covers 14 locations covering 2300 square miles.
  • Malwarebytes is a partner as PPLD has ramped up its security posture to better protect employees and patrons while walking the fine line between enabling freedom of information and maintaining online safety. Using Malwarebytes has enabled PPLD to increase protection without hindering access to information and materials.
  • PPLD integrates Malwarebytes with new system builds and scheduled maintenance updates. The Malwarebytes Management Console simplifies staff task to push Malwarebytes to remote machines. The console saves time for technicians and eliminates staff downtime when compared to the old process requiring computer retrieval for updates.
  • Integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning to release IT staff to perform other activities.
Well suited for our environment comprised of over 1300 computers (450 for staff and 850 patron) spread over 2300 square miles at 14 locations.
Read Richard D. Peters's full review
Eric Pohlabel profile photo
May 21, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes. Easy!"

It is being used by the organization as a way to mitigate Malware and keep network machines clean. It is easy for users to run, remove threats, and keep updated.
  • Easy to update. Program gives clear indication when updates are available and makes it easy to do with a few clicks.
  • Allows user to decied how to deal with identified threats. Quarantine all but allows selective removal.
  • Allows automated scans based on a user controlled schedule.
  • Pricing for upgraded features could be better.
Malwarebytes seems to do an excellent job of cleaning up malicious software.
Read Eric Pohlabel's full review
Paul Li profile photo
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes Catches All Spies"

We had for a number of years implemented Malwarebytes throughout our entire Los Angeles office. I also install & use Malwarebytes on my computers at home. Malwarebytes does a very good job in catching potential malware infections when visiting various websites or when addressing various email attachments.
  • Detecting potential malware infections while surfing the web using your web browser
  • Catching malware that may spawn when opening email attachments
  • Stopping programs you attempt to run that may generate a malware attack on your entire network
  • There was one time in recent months when Malwarebytes installed an update automatically on its own that started to replicate itself over and over again causing the computer to slow to a halt. But it was good that Malwarebytes addressed the problem quickly and within hours another update was rolled out which fixed the problem.
  • There should be an option where when aftter computers are automatically scanned, a report can be sent out via email to designated recipients emails.
  • Perhaps there can be a web portal where an admin user can logon to keep track of all the users in the organization that has Malwarebytes installed
Since it's a fairly simple process to download, install & then run a scan using Malwarebytes, an end user can quickly evaluate the effectiveness of the program.
Read Paul Li's full review
Isabel Huamani profile photo
August 31, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Good anti-malware tool"

Malwarebytes is used in the department where I work to keep computers free of harmful files. This allows computers to keep running smoothly and deliver jobs without setbacks.
  • I have used this program for some time. I have found it to be very effective at removing malware.
  • It does a very thorough scan of your hard drive and pretty quickly.
  • Also, I like to see that there are updates to its database definitions frequently
  • This program gives false positives sometimes and the scanning is slow to complete.
  • I don't like the constant reminders for updates.
This software is fast when scanning. It also works in the background while you can perform other tasks in the meantime. It is excellent to make backup copies with the guarantee that these do not contain viruses.
Read Isabel Huamani's full review
Roxie Kirk profile photo

"Malwarebytes Review"

I have had Malwarebytes installed on my home and work computers for years. I love that it is very user-friendly. I can set up a daily scan or I can go in a run a scan when my computer is not performing normally to rule out a virus. In the 8 years that this has been on my computer I have never had a virus that disrupted my computer.
  • Alerts when there is a threat on your computer
  • Allows you to schedule scans
  • Allows for a "right now" scan
  • Updated interface
Any home or business setting.
Read Roxie Kirk's full review
Pritesh Patel profile photo
April 27, 2018

Review: "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business is great!"

We use the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business. It is installed on all of our company computers as well as some servers. We use the enterprise addition to help us keep track of all computers and protect us against any security threats since we are a software company.
  • The Enterprise console manager is very nice
  • Very easy to install
  • Very light program
  • Logging is great
  • A better UI
  • More solutions for data security
  • Have an email logging mechanism to send system admin alerts for any computers in the fields with threats
Malwarebytes is great for any size company. We are a small company and it works well with us. Each user was easily able to install the software and get it registered. If you are a very large company, you may look into a better enterprise security software that can give you more controls and options.
Read Pritesh Patel's full review
Alan Wheeler profile photo
January 08, 2018

User Review: "Bite back at malware with Malwarebytes"

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free version is one of the best free programs available. It is not an anti-virus program, nor does it prevent infection but it does do a great job in identifying and removing potentially unwanted programs such as adware and spyware. For this reason, a great number of IT professionals turn to Malwarebytes when a problem arises that current anti-virus solutions fail to fix. The company does a good job of keeping the table of threat signatures up-to-date and the program can be run with virtually no impact on performance. Neither does it interfere with conventional anti-virus programs. Malwarebytes has cured many problems with computers over the years and I thoroughly recommend it. If you want to pay for the premium version you'll benefit from real-time protection but the free version has always served me well.
  • Identifies adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
  • Efficiently quarantines threats
  • Does not interfere in any way with anti-virus software
  • Has a good, up-to-date library of threat signatures
  • Scans take some time. If they could be made faster it would make the product more attractive.
  • Once the scan schedule has been set, it is not possible to change in the free version.
  • When running individual scans, Malware threat signatures are not updated automatically.
No anti-threat software is perfect but Malwarebytes, by and large, does everything it claims to do and it does it particularly well.
Read Alan Wheeler's full review
February 09, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "A nice endpoint protector"

I started using Malwarebytes on my personal client to evaluate the effectiveness of the protection and monitor whether the library at its disposal was actually complete and functional. For a client of mine, it is mainly used for the control of the single client and to, therefore, have a controlled and centralized control of the part of security.
  • Real-time protection
  • Control of malicious sites and threats
  • Ransomware detection
  • Stylish and attractive platform but [less] effective on the management side
  • For poorly performing clients, it can consume a lot of CPU
  • A reduction in the license cost would make the choice easier than the competitors
For what is my experience in the security sector it's a good endpoint protection [solution] but it really has many competitors. For this [reason] I do not advise actively as a choice. I can instead advise to analyze well all the requests and needs of the customer and choose the best and least expensive solution.
Tom Parker profile photo
October 27, 2017

"Malwarebytes True Review"

Malwarebytes is currently being used by our Fresh Fruit Division in North America. We are looking at deploying throughout our enterprise.
  • Provides endpoint protection from malware.
  • Provides endpoint protection from exploits.
  • Works great for removing malware from infected systems.
  • Protects against ransomware.
  • Would like to see an improvement in legitimate applications being detected as PUP.
It is great for endpoint protection in cases of malware, ransomware, web protection, and exploits. I am not sure I would necessarily use it as a complete replacement for an antivirus program. We are running it in tandem with Trend Micro.
Read Tom Parker's full review
Chris Putnam profile photo
July 10, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "Consider Some Teeth for Your Security Suite"

The free version of Malwarebytes is part of an effective suite used to clean an infected PC and/or determine if the PC has been compromised. The paid version is a bit more proactive and can prevent malware. However, my main use case has been in the case of confirmation and cleanup of already compromised systems.
  • Efficient targeted scans
  • Cleanup of malware and adware
  • Have run into one or two infections in the past that it had trouble removing once detected
  • No individual anti-malware is perfect in my experience - I have certainly found infections it could not detect
  • Updates in the free version were not always smooth and/or quick
Great as part of a suite for detection and cleanup of infections. Fairly low-profile and runs efficiently in my experience. A very good start for you in-depth cleanup.

I would not suggest relying on Malwarebytes alone as your security system. No individual free A/V software that I have found is 100% enough for prevention, detection and effective cleanup.
Read Chris Putnam's full review
Greg Jones profile photo
June 20, 2017

"Malwarebytes Review"

It is being used in sections to provide an additional layer of security for employees using desktop computers. It provides a great way to scan a desktop and identify threats to that device.
  • Scanning the computer for threats and malware.
  • Real-time protections for the computer.
  • A thorough scan may be time-consuming.
It is great for desktop computers in our agency. I cannot think of a situation where it not appropriate.
Read Greg Jones's full review
September 08, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "Best, most effective, non-intrusive virus prrotection - and it's free!"

Malwarebytes helps with protection from viruses immensely. It will detect real time threats and also gives you an option to do a quick scan or full scan. The quick scan is great if you just want to do a quick check up to make sure there's nothing bad on your computer. The full scan is great is you have more time and really want to do a 'deep cleaning' of all the files on your computer. In addition, the program is great at blocking webpages you might click on that can potentially give you a virus.
  • Virus protection.
  • Real time protection.
  • Speed of virus scans.
  • Pro version costs money.
  • Sometimes blocks websites that don't have viruses.
  • May not be able to detect some deep-rooted malware.
It's great for business use or even just personal use. It's also not super intrusive like some security softwares can be. I feel safe using my computer knowing I have it and if I'm worried there might be an issue with my computer I can run a quick scan just to put myself at ease.
Christin Wirkner profile photo
April 19, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "Techies like it and I do too!"

We use Malwarebytes company-wide. We are a smaller company that does big business. We are a general contractor that does commercial and industrial construction. Keeping our files safe is important. Protecting our client's information is even more important. In the course of a standard day I can spend hours surfing the net looking for bits of information pertaining to jobs or subcontractors. Sometimes this sends me to some sketchy sites that I normally wouldn't go. We also get an insane amount of email traffic. And they ALL must be opened, and most of them have attachments. So, needless to say, computer security is very important to our company. Malwarebytes is part of that security system.
  • My tech guys tell me it's important to our security. I like knowing it's there as a back-up in case I open the wrong email. (Which has happened--more than once.) I don't know much about the different viruses out there, but I know they can be bad. Malware was one of the things that saved us this last time. Our guys told us it was chewing its way through and got stuck on Malware before I could unplug the machine. Saved our company server.
  • Excellent at removing adware. I know it sounds small, but having your information out there and being tracked or sold is more than irritating. Besides, certain ads slow down your computer, which is also frustrating to no end.
  • While I don't personally use it, I do like that there is an option to put the Malware button on your task bar to make things nice and simple. Who doesn't like simple?
  • I would love a clearer description of all the techno-babble. Too many products these days take for granted that we are all tech savvy millennials who understand this stuff. We are not.
  • My tech guys take care of most of this kind of stuff for us, so I don't have any other complaints!
I wish I had it on my home laptop. Perhaps my husband would not have been able to infect our laptop repeatedly by not paying attention to what he was doing online. I know that it works very well in conjunction with the rest of our computer security here at work to protect our most sensitive files and information. We have never suffered a successful hack into our office server.
Read Christin Wirkner's full review
William Alvarez profile photo
March 30, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "Finds and removes all kinds of threats. More than pays for itself!"

Several people across different departments at my organization have used Malwarebytes as needed. It's been a handy solution when we suspect that our individual work PCs may have become infected with malware or some type of malicious code. It was suggested by our IT director, but I had already been using independently for several years, including on my home computer. It's been very effective in both settings.
  • It scans for malware or viruses that other software products miss. Everyday anti-virus software doesn't always detect everything.
  • It removes malicious files from my PC, making it safe for me to continue using my work computer and reducing risk to the rest of the network.
  • Malwarebyte's database of malware, viruses and other threats seems to be very up to date, enabling it to protect against new risks as they come along.
  • The scans can be a bit time-consuming, but that's certainly not unique to Malwarebytes.
  • It can sometimes pick up cookies and other harmless items are potential threats.
Malwarebytes, at least in my experience, would be good to provide spot solutions for workstations that become sluggish or show other signs of being infected with malware, viruses or other threats. It is especially useful when conventional anti-virus software runs a scan and does not find a threat, even though there are signs that the PC in question is still infected. It is also appropriate when dealing with newer threats that other anti-virus software has not yet "become aware of". It's probably not as appropriate for everyday background scanning.
Read William Alvarez's full review
April 05, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "My Malware Go To"

I have used Malwarebytes on my personal computer for years. I suggested our principal install it on all employee computers after one of my co-workers had a problem with some type of malware on her computer. Malwarebytes easily found and took care of the malware. As far as I know no one has had any additional problems with malware or phishing since.
  • Maywarebytes is very good at detecting and removing malware and spyware. During the download process there is an option to add Malwarebytes to your task bar at the bottom of your computer just under the screen. Choose this option so It can be accessed even if the malware has completely covered your computer screen.
  • It also great at removing adware. Adware may not sound so bad, but it stays on your computer tracking your personal information, your interests, and the websites you visit and sells this information to list brokers.
  • It also takes care of trojans and worms. I don't know much about trojans, but worms are very dangerous critters. A worm on your computer can worm its way into your email account and hijack your email, sending copies of itself to everyone in your contacts list. When they click on your email (which they assume is safe because they know you) it then attaches to their computer and the process repeats itself.
  • I wish I didn't have to update to the newest version each time before running it on the free version. I'm guessing this happens automatically with the Pro version.
  • I am very happy with this product's functionality. The only input I have here is for new users to make sure that you are actually on Malwarebytes website when you download the product. I purchased a new laptop for my daughter once & thought I was on their site. After downloading the product I immediately ran the program (on my brand new laptop) and it turned up adware that had come from the website I had just used to download the Malwarebytes! Turned out it was not their "official" website but one using a very similar name and I wasn't paying attention.
Malwarebytes is well suited for anyone with a computer or laptop as far as I know. I make a point of adding it to every new one I get before I start using it. I do not know if it is well suited for iPads or iPhones.
Steven Peterson profile photo
September 19, 2016

Review: "MalwareBytes a great additional layer of defence"

We use malwarebytes MSP as part of our managed IT services. It helps provide an additional layer of security for our clients. We use it in conjunction with Bitdefender Cloud Security MSP edition. It provides the additional hardening of the Windows OS from exploits not done by traditional antivIrus and antimalware solutions.
  • Harden Windows systems
  • Reduce the attack, surface of Windows systems
  • Proivdes an additonal antimalware support
  • Configuration of the MSP edition is a little clunky.
  • MSP edition is not the latest version.
  • UI alerts are given to the end user and not forwarded to the central admin console.
Malware bytes is well suited for most Windows users. it requires little configuration. It is not well suited for Windows servers, or software development workstations.
Read Steven Peterson's full review
Kirk Lesser profile photo
April 12, 2016

Review: "Malwarebytes Bites Malware and Saves you Money!"

We have been using Malwarebytes even before our MSP even started in 2010. It is, by far, the best anti-malware product on the market. It has prevented numerous issues that could have cost us, and our clients, hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Their integration with RMM platforms is still a work in progress as is their licensing for resellers, but overall, they are second to none!
  • Prevention of going to malicious websites.
  • Block of attempted connections to domains and alerting of user and staff.
  • Ease of install/updates.
  • Better integration with RMM tools (Connectwise, Autotask)
  • Better licensing models for MSPs
Everyone should have at least the free version installed as it does not cost anything but could prevent a disaster on your or your business' systems.
Read Kirk Lesser's full review
Jeff Bosset profile photo
March 23, 2016

Review: "MalwareBytes Really Takes a Bite Out Of Malware"

Malwarebytes consistently locates malware that other software does not. We use Malwarebytes in addition to other protection software and this allows us to maintain an extremely clean and safe network environment. We have not relied on Malwarebytes as our only protection but rather part of a suite. Malwarebytes is the cherry on the cake.
  • Locates malware other software programs do not.
  • Does not annoy with ads - whether you are using the paid or free versions.
  • Not CPU intensive. Easily scan while continuing to work.
  • We would like to see the active protection aspect improved. We currently do not feel safe using ANY single program for protection.
  • Keep the UI simple. Please don't get too fancy on us users!
  • Pricing - multiple PC packages.
Malwarebytes is the perfect solution for any situation. We have not found anything else better for removing malware and tracking cookies.
Read Jeff Bosset's full review
March 28, 2016

Malwarebytes Review: "Malware has Met its Match!"

Malwarebytes is being used across the whole organization that i work for. We have a corporate office, a few factories, a warehouse and many retail stores nationwide. Malwarebytes is on every end user machine throughout the company. Ever since implementing malwarebytes, we have not had a single instance of malware, spyware, bloatware or other types of infections in any of our machines. If any infections were to pass through the company firewall, malwarebytes picks it up right away and goes to quarantine.
  • The software is very good at working in the background without interfering with the end user in any way, there has never been a complaint of slowness on the machines or any excessive scan times because the users are unaware of it.
  • Malwarebytes management console is a very nice interface that tracks all of the machines on the network and shows which one is online, offline, up to date, out of date etc. I can also push installation packages to new machines without end user interaction.
  • Malwarebytes does extremely well what it is made to do, and that is to stop malware. Never once has any infection made it past malwarebytes to harm an end user machine.
  • Malwarebytes is always up to date, definitions are downloaded on a daily basis, you can trust that your software is current and you are being protected from the latest threats out there.
  • One of the main things that malwarebytes is missing as a company, is phone support for its clients. All support questions has to go thru email only. This is not acceptable for issues that needs to be resolved quickly.
  • There is an issue when installing the client on a machine, it has a set amount of time where the software can register with the management server. The issue with this is, with machines that are over a wide area network, slow connection speeds can cause the software not to register. When that happens, it never re attempts to register in the future.
The only scenario that malwarebytes is less suited is in closed networks that do not have access to the internet or access to external devices such as usb drives etc. Such machines can be those that are specific to factories etc that has very little external contact. Any other machines that have end user interaction is susceptible to infections, and malwarebytes is strongly suggested.
April 01, 2016

"Essential Malwarebytes Review"

Malwarebytes is used by my organization on client machines to prevent and clean up malware. It is being used across the whole organization. It is used to enhance our business security.
  • Fast scanning
  • Easy install
  • Good removal of malware
  • Heuristics scan can be faster
  • Quicker updates
  • Better looking interface
Well suited for most malware. Less appropriate for deep-seated malware.

About Malwarebytes