Malwarebytes is a antimalware application for home and small businesses, which blocks viruses, malware, hackers, viruses, and malicious websites.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/iO/H1/HB8SVAF84H8S.pngA mighty virus protection systemMalwarebytes is protecting the systems of our whole company. We are using it in our day to day tasks. Its real-time protection makes sure that our systems will get ultimate protection from any malware. Malwarebytes is a final total security solution that one needs to have to be free from any security concern. We are using Malwarebytes to protect our systems from any viruses or malware coming through email attachments, etc. Malwarebytes has enabled us to focus on our work and surf the internet safely. It is very crucial for any company to keep itself safe from any malicious attempt to steal highly confidential information. Hence, Malwarebytes is helping us to solve this issue more efficiently.,Very powerful scanning mechanism Frequently updated virus definitions Very effective against the rootkits Scans and detects even those virus which were left out by other antiviruses,Real-time protection is not available in the free version. Gets a little costly on purchasing for a yearly basis after the first discounted year. Its resource consumption is higher as compared to other similar products. Hence, I find a performance drop when it is running in the background.,9,More secured systems Protection against the financial losses Real-time protection is awesome Effective against some of the most dangerous malwares,Norton Small Business,Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (Hexadite AIRS), Kaspersky Anti Targeted Attack Platform, Comodo AntivirusMalwarebytes: Quality protection for your network and organization.We use Malwarebytes across the entire organization as part of our security solution for our internal networks at three sites and for remote users machines that connect to our network. This is a necessary part of our plan to remain PCI compliant as well as a great option for best practice prevention of any kind of malware, ransomware, etc.,It's very good at detecting and removing possibly unwanted programs, like iffy extensions, etc. It's great at blocking questionable sites from being accessed by users. It's quite good at keeping clients up to date.,The admin client push install is a great tool, but I've had to take a couple of tries occasionally to install a client. Not often, but it happens. The push install tool could be a little more flexible in terms of how you'd like to install and when. The client dashboard has a lot of information but I'd like to be able to customize it more than I can now.,9,It's part of what keeps us compliant, which we need to operate. There's definitely peace of mind with it running. There is a noticeable resource hit on older machines, but with moderately recent mid-range Optiplex's, for example, it runs great.,Malwarebytes is a good, solid product to protect your users and devices.We use Malwarebytes as part of our security measures to protect our computers against viruses and malware. We have it installed on every machine. We use this software in combination with another to protect ourselves in several layers from any accidental exposure to nasty email attachments, downloads and programs. It is easy to use and works well.,Easy to install. Always running to offer protection. Offers a variety of scan types. Updates frequently.,Updates can be intrusive with pop up messages. Free version always pushes you to upgrade to paid product. Updates always turn on premium trial mode that will eventually expire and prompt users even more for their attention.,8,Definitely has given us peace of mind. We see the value in the product compared to the price. Installs and maintenance are quick which saves us time.,Trend Micro Worry-Free Business SecurityMalwarebytes: Software That Keeps You SafeI use Malwarebytes on my work laptop and personal workstation computers. We use Malwarebytes in both Windows and Mac environments. We trust Malwarebytes to protect our computers from any malicious websites and ransomware attacks in real-time. I know it protects my computers beyond what any anti-virus software used to do. It keeps us safely operating without any fear of attacks.,Real-time malware and ransomware protection. I never worry about attacks. Automatic scans that don't affect computer performance. Runs at start-up and periodic scans to not only keep my computers running without a hiccup but also without any delay. Almost hidden from view so I hardly know it's there.,More clarity on the different versions and which is best and why. Before I purchased Malwarebytes the pop-up to purchase in the free version was very annoying.,9,I don't worry about malicious infections anymore. The peace of mind helps me stay focused on more important tasks. I run about 80% of my business in the cloud so I need protection for myself and for my client data. It's imperative that I can protect my client data and that I don't have problems with my computers or website access. Malwarebytes protects my business.,Norton Internet Security, AVG AntiVirus Business Edition and Avast Business Antivirus,Adobe Acrobat DC, Mikogo, QuickBooks Online, Skype, OneNoteBest Antimalware SoftwareMalwarebytes is being used on most PCs in our organization and it is a great malware remover solution. Its pros include ease of use and comprehensive malware removal for free. On a personal level, I find it to be an indispensable tool for any OS. Nothing to dislike, I would like more features, but I'm sure they will come with time. During my years of using the software both for personal use and at work, I have successfully removed malware that was causing system instability several times.,Ease of use Comprehensive malware removal Low cost Includes a free version,Update the design to something more modern. Make a dedicated standalone version of the free version.,10,Feel more secure when working/browsing/being connected to the internet Feel more secure when inserting 3rd party storage into my PC Not having to worry about viruses and other,AVG AntiVirus Business Edition, Avira Antivirus, ESET Endpoint Security, Norton Internet Security, Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Avast Business Antivirus,Microsoft Exchange, TrelloMalwarebytes For a Second Set of Eyes in Cyber SecurityOur IT Department uses Malwarebytes as an antivirus detect and repair tool as needed for one-off issues that arise. Typically when our antivirus reports an issue, whether it species that it quarantined the problem or not, we follow up with a Malwarebytes scan on the machine to confirm all is well. It's basically used as a second set of eyes to confirm our primary software did not miss anything.,It is one of the best malware testers I've ever used. It finds things others don't. It updates the database quickly so it always seems to be one step of others in a removal or block. It runs quickly, even the full scans take less than and cover more ground than competitors.,I wish it could update its software without admin rights once it is installed so it's always up to date when needed.,10,Malwarebytes offers a FREE version for troubleshooting malware on machines. It is a priceless tool for that alone. Their blogs and articles have provided lots of insight into new threats.,Symantec Endpoint Protection,Cisco Aironet Access Points, iManage Work, SnagitMalwarebytes is what you need for all of your malware/spyware/virus protection.I use Malwarebytes for all of my computers, for all of my client's computers, and recommend it to anyone that asks. I've used it for over 9 years and have found it to be the best malware and virus protection out there. It's easy to install, and comes in both a free and paid version. Free version you have to manually run your scans, and the paid version has real-time protection. Both are excellent options and the paid version is MORE than worth the money they charge. Everyone I have recommended it to has been extremely happy with it and have NO complaints whatsoever.,Malware protection is top of the line, keep your computer clean of malware and spyware. Virus protection is also top of the line, and I've had Malwarebytes catch viruses that Symantec didn't! Updates are provided quickly and you are always prompted to download the updates as soon as they are available making sure you're always protected. And the absolute best part of Malwarebytes....it won't slow down your computer or interfere with other programs such as some of the big antivirus software companies!,I have not found any cons for Malwarebytes. I have never had any issues with it in the 9+ years I've been using it as my sole malware/spyware/virus protection.,10,Malwarebytes stops the malware/spyware/trojans/viruses and many other questionable nasties for all of my computers, keeping me up and running. Malwarebytes even makes virus removal easy should you get one, and from my experience has virus updates faster than some of the big antivirus companies. Malwarebytes has been a huge plus for my business that depends on having a running computer at all times.,Symantec Advanced Threat Protection, McAfee Data Center Security Suite and AVG AntiVirus Business EditionGuaranteed ProtectionI started using Malwarebytes a few years ago after I suffered the infection of a ramsonware (police type) on my laptop, and with it I lost almost all the information stored on my desktop and my disk c. The truth is that on that occasion I tried by all means to recover my S.O and my files, but there was nothing to do, it was a total disappointment. After formatting my disk and reinstalling the whole system, I dedicated myself to searching in several forums about a program that will help me improve the defenses of my laptop and finally I decided on Malwarebytes and the truth is that it is an excellent protection measure, from that I have not had incidents with malwares, rootkits or any other malicious code since it detects them quickly and eliminates them without any problem.,There is a free version and paid version. The installation process is very easy and quick to perform. You can choose the type of analysis that the program performs (threats, personalized, fast). Of course you can also program the system to perform the analysis at the time you want and so do not have to perform manually. After executing the analysis, Malwarebytes generates a quite complete report where you can see all the problems, violations and others that have been detected.,When Malwarebytes is updated the consumption of CPU increases considerably generating a slight decrease in the performance of the PC, which can be uncomfortable when you occupy PC with low memory and an old processor.,9,Since I installed Malwarebytes I have not had problems with malicious files like malware, rootkits, ramsonware or anything similar. I have not lost information again, nor have I reinstalled the system due to infections or faults caused by malicious elements. I navigate with greater security and tranquility, since not only I count on my antivirus, but also with Malwarebytes, and with only analyzing your PC once a day you keep it clean and without problems.,ESET Endpoint Security,Avira AntivirusI like malwarebytes and I'll continue to use them for years to come!When it comes to malware, malwarebytes is great for cleaning and detecting issues. We have it for users who access/download many webpages daily, and those who download attachments and get emails from sales or customers outside the organization. It helps ease my mind when dealing with infections. When it finds something, it's extremely easy to clean it.,Low system resources, it does not slow down the whole computer when scanning or when real-time protection is enabled Quick and frequent updates, usually people hate updating, but for malware/viruses, you want to be updated as possible. It takes less than 15 seconds and usually does it automatically. They usually send a few updates a day as they find more. Protection features actually work when visiting known bad websites. The page will be blocked and nothing will be downloaded. It may not be what the user wants, but it's what the user needs (as the user can't know every bad website),A few years ago they changed their license model and now have different products. They no longer have lifetime subscriptions, you have to buy it monthly. I really dislike monthly charges, but I understand this is how they make money. It would be nice if malwarebytes had a management console for business/enterprise clients. One place/program to manage all the others. Enabling premium features when the free version is downloaded is annoying, just give me the free version if I download that one.,10,Less cleanup and work for IT, as users/PC don't get infected as often Less user interaction when premium is installed, it will run scans and block sites for you Less downtime as PCs stay up and running, users can stay productiveInstall it and forget it!We deploy Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection to all staff. We find that malware/spyware/adware issues become simply non-existent when the client is installed on a computer. It is incredibly easy to deploy and we find that we rarely, if ever, need to address any problems with the installations. It dynamically updates malware definitions in the background and is completely silent. Most users are not even aware they have it installed on their system...which is a good thing!,Malwarebytes blocks and removes ALL malware extremely well. We simply do not have malware/adware/spyware issues any more. Malwarebytes runs silently in the background. The last thing we want is something intrusive that shows constant popups and annoys users. We are able to quickly and easily deploy and monitor Malwarebytes installations from a central server. This is incredibly nice from an administration standpoint. We almost never have to remote into a user's computer or visit them to make any changes or adjustments. It also gives us peace of mind being able to see all implementations listed in a central application and know that they are working and updated.,The central server management software was rather difficult to install. This was mostly due to a permissions issue with SQL server. Malwarebytes support helped us out and we were able to get past this ok. We really have no other complaints with this software.,10,The main impact on ROI is in the amount of time it saves. We can centrally manage, deploy, and monitor Malwarebytes implementations, which saves tons of time. We do not have to spend any time throughout the year getting rid of stubborn malware from users' computers. This in itself makes it all worth it! Malwarebytes has helped us achieve our objective of keeping our users safe and secure from malicious software.,Kaspersky Endpoint Security,Sophos Endpoint Protection, Windows ServerGood anti-malware toolMalwarebytes is used in the department where I work to keep computers free of harmful files. This allows computers to keep running smoothly and deliver jobs without setbacks.,I have used this program for some time. I have found it to be very effective at removing malware. It does a very thorough scan of your hard drive and pretty quickly. Also, I like to see that there are updates to its database definitions frequently,This program gives false positives sometimes and the scanning is slow to complete. I don't like the constant reminders for updates.,9,Keeps computers in good working order Saves time and money Gives security to users that it has malware-free files,,Avast Business Antivirus, ESET Endpoint Security, Norton Internet SecurityBest overall protectionI have been using Malwarebytes for years in my home computer and work computer, all telecommuters at work have Malwarebytes installed on their notebooks. Malwarebytes is a great option to protect your computer whether for home use or your business. Malwarebytes has been my go-to security software when thinking of the best anti-malware software out there.,Keeps your computer clean of malware, blocks and removes all malware extremely well. There is a free version. There are updates to the database definitions frequently. Simple interface and easy software to use. Effeciently quarantines and removes threats.,Scanning is slow to complete.,10,Malwarebytes free version is one of the best free programs available.,McAfee Total Protection,McAfee Total Protection, QuickBooks ProMalwarebytes, King of the HillWe are utilizing Malwarebytes across the whole organization as a critical component of our security posture. We currently have gateway anti-virus as well as System Center Endpoint Protection client, however, our protection was not as well rounded and comprehensive as it is now with Malwarebytes added to the layers. We have seen a significant decrease in infections across the enterprise, which is a good sign of an effective product. As with any IT Manager, my goal is to maintain as close to 100% uptime for every user in the company and with Malwarebytes in the mix that goal is possible.,Work without knowing it's there. Undetectable silent operation Easy management & configuration Highly effective in eliminating daily threats to our organization Plays well with other products,I chose Malwarebytes because I couldn't find anything significant for them to improve on at this time. (As far as functionality goes) I would like to see the reporting improve as far as exporting data.,10,Malwarebytes has prevented many infections which leads to less downtime for my internal customers. ROI is really difficult to calculate, but here is an impact on the company in te sense that we have next to zero client infections that disrupt workflow.,GFI Vipre and McAfee Endpoint Protection Suite,Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager,175,2,Endpoint protection Mobile device protection Server protection,None noted,None noted We will be utilizing Malwarebytes as it applies to best practices.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Vendor Reputation Third-party Reviews,We take a methodical approach to evaluating security products as the impact to our organization can be significant (either positive or negative). I don't believe that we would change our approach if we had to do it again. We always thoroughly review and demo any product prior to implementation into our infrastructure.,Self-taught,Malwarebytes is very intuitive. I am speaking from an enterprise user/administrator perspective, so I assume I am talking to an IT professional when I say that it is intuitive and easy to set up and use. I would definitely recommend this product to my colleagues with no reservations. We ordered the product from Malwarebytes, received our download email & license codes, installed the product and was up and deployed in a matter of an hour or so after we created our policies and exceptions.,No,10,Yes,When we first got the product we had issues with loading the management client on one of our servers, but tech support assisted us quickly and we were up and running in minutes. Malwarebytes tech support is one of the better support teams we have dealt with albeit, very infrequent. :). I know that my Sr. Network Admin loves their technical support staff because they don't waste any time in reaching a solution. Being a small team, we have a lot of responsibility and our workload can be heavy at times...the last thing you want to worry about is revisiting a problem more than once, or having to make more than one support call to resolve an issue.,Client deployment is super easy and fast. You must read the pre-requisite requirement for client-side prior to deployment or your deployments will fail. Creating policies are easy and quick Creating exceptions and rules is easy Reporting is easy to use and is laid out in a professional manner,None noted None noted None Noted,Yes,10Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business is great!We use the Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business. It is installed on all of our company computers as well as some servers. We use the enterprise addition to help us keep track of all computers and protect us against any security threats since we are a software company.,The Enterprise console manager is very nice Very easy to install Very light program Logging is great,A better UI More solutions for data security Have an email logging mechanism to send system admin alerts for any computers in the fields with threats,10,Able to effectively work without worries of Malware getting on the network Security with our hardware Less overhead costs for system admins to keep track of hardware,Norton Internet Security and Avast Business Antivirus,Zoom, AutoCAD 360, SeleniumKeep Your PC Clean and SafeMalwarebytes began to be used two years ago by the team in charge of the maintenance of the equipment (pc) because many users of the company navigated without precaution through the network in search of files and materials. This constantly infected their browsers with various malware that in the end freeze the browser, opened popup pages and changed the home page. As you cannot always eliminate the infection with only an antivirus and we could not be constantly formatting the system, we started using this program after reading several forums and comments about the advantages it has over other similar programs.,Its analysis system is quite fast and efficient, finding and detecting the infected files and also those that are suspicious. its system of heuristic analysis allows detection of potential problems or infections in the system complements in a very good way the use of antivirus, since it blocks and detects all that the antivirus does not detect,I think they should improve the update system to be more constant and not just once a day,9,It allows to keep the computers functional and free of infection, and due to that the amount of computer rotation and the amount of these that were sent to the technical service were reduced.,Avira Antivirus, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Media OptimizerSuper Antivirus Software!Our company has two locations, one in Illinois and one in New Jersey. We normally use Malwarebytes to pick up PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that are not normally caught by our virus software. This is installed on all of our computers. It is very reliable and user friendly. We first started using MWB about 8 years ago. They are constantly running updates to better the program.,Picks up PUPS that other programs don't. Picks up adware that other programs don't. Picks up root kits that other programs don't. Very user friendly and easy to navigate. Easy to renew license. Very good price for licenses on multiple computers.,Make it easier to find the area where you enter the activation code or key code. Sometimes it's hard to find, too many clicks to get to it. Offer a rewards program for renewals. Offer reward points.,10,It has had a positive impact because it finds PUPS, malware and adware that other programs don't pick up. Less than a year for a ROI It has saved us thousands of dollars in IT fees by finding other malware.,Norton Internet Security,Microsoft Dynamics 365 (formerly Microsoft Dynamics CRM), Microsoft Dynamics SL, Avalara AvaTax,26Malwarebytes Delivers for LibraryPikes Peak Library District (PPLD) uses Malwarebytes across our entire organization. Malwarebytes is an integral component of our risk mitigation strategy to address the following threats: malware; block ransomware attacks; malicious website blocking; prevent exploits. Malwarebytes provides a solution that stays current with new attack vectors but works in the background without affecting or disrupting library staff operations or patron services. Malwarebytes also provides capability for centralized management significantly improving IT staff efficiency.,Centralized management saves travel time for remediation. IT Staff covers 14 locations covering 2300 square miles. Malwarebytes is a partner as PPLD has ramped up its security posture to better protect employees and patrons while walking the fine line between enabling freedom of information and maintaining online safety. Using Malwarebytes has enabled PPLD to increase protection without hindering access to information and materials. PPLD integrates Malwarebytes with new system builds and scheduled maintenance updates. The Malwarebytes Management Console simplifies staff task to push Malwarebytes to remote machines. The console saves time for technicians and eliminates staff downtime when compared to the old process requiring computer retrieval for updates.,Integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning to release IT staff to perform other activities.,8,Library district has no "business" or profit motivation. The primary objective is to minimize or prevent service disruption for both the staff and patron computers. ROI is primarily focused on previous software used to provide this service. Business case analysis determined Malwarebytes was the solution needed to meet our objective.,,Cisco Umbrella, Barracuda Email Security ServiceMalwarebytes. Easy!It is being used by the organization as a way to mitigate Malware and keep network machines clean. It is easy for users to run, remove threats, and keep updated.,Easy to update. Program gives clear indication when updates are available and makes it easy to do with a few clicks. Allows user to decied how to deal with identified threats. Quarantine all but allows selective removal. Allows automated scans based on a user controlled schedule.,Pricing for upgraded features could be better.,9,We only use the free version.,Avast Business AntivirusMalwarebytes Catches All SpiesWe had for a number of years implemented Malwarebytes throughout our entire Los Angeles office. I also install & use Malwarebytes on my computers at home. Malwarebytes does a very good job in catching potential malware infections when visiting various websites or when addressing various email attachments.,Detecting potential malware infections while surfing the web using your web browser Catching malware that may spawn when opening email attachments Stopping programs you attempt to run that may generate a malware attack on your entire network,There was one time in recent months when Malwarebytes installed an update automatically on its own that started to replicate itself over and over again causing the computer to slow to a halt. But it was good that Malwarebytes addressed the problem quickly and within hours another update was rolled out which fixed the problem. There should be an option where when aftter computers are automatically scanned, a report can be sent out via email to designated recipients emails. Perhaps there can be a web portal where an admin user can logon to keep track of all the users in the organization that has Malwarebytes installed,10,ROI is immediately realized when a malware is prevented from infecting your computer thus preventing loss of data and time to fix the problem. ROI is seen when a worm is stopped from infecting all the computers in your local area network. ROI is drastic when a malware is prevented from sending itself off to all your private email contacts.,,Vipre, Sophos Endpoint Protection, AVG Managed Workplace 10Malwarebytes ReviewI have had Malwarebytes installed on my home and work computers for years. I love that it is very user-friendly. I can set up a daily scan or I can go in a run a scan when my computer is not performing normally to rule out a virus. In the 8 years that this has been on my computer I have never had a virus that disrupted my computer.,Alerts when there is a threat on your computer Allows you to schedule scans Allows for a "right now" scan,Updated interface,9,I believe this has prevented us from having to hire/spend extra on resources to repair viruses Protected out data,McAfee and Webroot SecureAnywhere,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Final Cut Pro X, Keynote Systems, LogMeIn Pro, iMovieA nice endpoint protectorI started using Malwarebytes on my personal client to evaluate the effectiveness of the protection and monitor whether the library at its disposal was actually complete and functional. For a client of mine, it is mainly used for the control of the single client and to, therefore, have a controlled and centralized control of the part of security.,Real-time protection Control of malicious sites and threats Ransomware detection,Stylish and attractive platform but [less] effective on the management side For poorly performing clients, it can consume a lot of CPU A reduction in the license cost would make the choice easier than the competitors,7,Centralized management of endpoints Clients are always protected Remote and facilitated management,Kaspersky Endpoint SecurityBite back at malware with MalwarebytesMalwarebytes Anti-Malware free version is one of the best free programs available. It is not an anti-virus program, nor does it prevent infection but it does do a great job in identifying and removing potentially unwanted programs such as adware and spyware. For this reason, a great number of IT professionals turn to Malwarebytes when a problem arises that current anti-virus solutions fail to fix. The company does a good job of keeping the table of threat signatures up-to-date and the program can be run with virtually no impact on performance. Neither does it interfere with conventional anti-virus programs. Malwarebytes has cured many problems with computers over the years and I thoroughly recommend it. If you want to pay for the premium version you'll benefit from real-time protection but the free version has always served me well.,Identifies adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted programs. Efficiently quarantines threats Does not interfere in any way with anti-virus software Has a good, up-to-date library of threat signatures,Scans take some time. If they could be made faster it would make the product more attractive. Once the scan schedule has been set, it is not possible to change in the free version. When running individual scans, Malware threat signatures are not updated automatically.,9,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office 2016Malwarebytes True ReviewMalwarebytes is currently being used by our Fresh Fruit Division in North America. We are looking at deploying throughout our enterprise.,Provides endpoint protection from malware. Provides endpoint protection from exploits. Works great for removing malware from infected systems. Protects against ransomware.,Would like to see an improvement in legitimate applications being detected as PUP.,10,It has been all positive. It does what it is advertised to do.,Trend Micro OfficeScan, ManageEngine Desktop Central, ManageEngine Password Manager Pro, Microsoft Office 365Best, most effective, non-intrusive virus prrotection - and it's free!Malwarebytes helps with protection from viruses immensely. It will detect real time threats and also gives you an option to do a quick scan or full scan. The quick scan is great if you just want to do a quick check up to make sure there's nothing bad on your computer. The full scan is great is you have more time and really want to do a 'deep cleaning' of all the files on your computer. In addition, the program is great at blocking webpages you might click on that can potentially give you a virus.,Virus protection. Real time protection. Speed of virus scans.,Pro version costs money. Sometimes blocks websites that don't have viruses. May not be able to detect some deep-rooted malware.,10,protected personal information on computer by preventing viruses helps keep computer fast blocks any potential threats that one might unknowingly get,Symantec Norton (SMB) and McAfee,McAfee, Symantec Norton (SMB),Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,I wouldn't change anything about the process, I've been using Malwarebytes as my virus protection for over 8 years now and I have no complaints. The software is fast, easy, and effective to use and I'd recommend it to anyone who asked me what a good virus removing tool is.Consider Some Teeth for Your Security SuiteThe free version of Malwarebytes is part of an effective suite used to clean an infected PC and/or determine if the PC has been compromised. The paid version is a bit more proactive and can prevent malware. However, my main use case has been in the case of confirmation and cleanup of already compromised systems.,Efficient targeted scans Cleanup of malware and adware,Have run into one or two infections in the past that it had trouble removing once detected No individual anti-malware is perfect in my experience - I have certainly found infections it could not detect Updates in the free version were not always smooth and/or quick,9,Improve infection cleanup efficiency and success rate Efficiently confirm systems intact and secure (as part of a suite),Avast, AVG, Norton Internet Security, Sophos Endpoint Protection and Spybot
Windows, Mac
Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes Reviews

Malwarebytes
Filter 81 vetted Malwarebytes reviews and ratings

dishant sharma profile photo
May 06, 2019

Malwarebytes Review: "A mighty virus protection system"

• Very powerful scanning mechanism
  • Frequently updated virus definitions
  • Very effective against the rootkits
  • Scans and detects even those virus which were left out by other antiviruses
  • Real-time protection is not available in the free version.
  • Gets a little costly on purchasing for a yearly basis after the first discounted year.
  • Its resource consumption is higher as compared to other similar products. Hence, I find a performance drop when it is running in the background.
Malwarebytes is undoubtedly one of the best antiviruses protection system available in the market to date. Malware bytes is pretty effective against the rootkits. A rootkit is a piece of software which enables malware to be in stealth mode while remaining undetected by most of the antiviruses. But, Malwarebytes provides superior protection to the device against it.

Malware bytes is an excellent antivirus system to purchase. But, it also has some downsides. One of the limitations of Malwarebytes is that even after scanning the whole system, some viruses remained in the system. It doesn't provide real-time email protection.
Read dishant sharma's full review
June 05, 2019

Review: "Malwarebytes: Quality protection for your network and organization."

• It's very good at detecting and removing possibly unwanted programs, like iffy extensions, etc.
  • It's great at blocking questionable sites from being accessed by users.
  • It's quite good at keeping clients up to date.
  • The admin client push install is a great tool, but I've had to take a couple of tries occasionally to install a client. Not often, but it happens.
  • The push install tool could be a little more flexible in terms of how you'd like to install and when.
  • The client dashboard has a lot of information but I'd like to be able to customize it more than I can now.
Malwarebytes is a great solution for deploying anti-malware, anti-exploit clients to large numbers of machines and monitoring them all from a central location. It's not really needed for very small organizations probably, though it certainly could not hurt. For medium to large business, however, it's perfect. If you need anti-exploit it's an excellent solution, but if you're running it on very old machines there's some overhead there.
May 10, 2019

Review: "Malwarebytes is a good, solid product to protect your users and devices."

• Easy to install.
  • Always running to offer protection.
  • Offers a variety of scan types.
  • Updates frequently.
  • Updates can be intrusive with pop up messages.
  • Free version always pushes you to upgrade to paid product.
  • Updates always turn on premium trial mode that will eventually expire and prompt users even more for their attention.
Malwarebytes is a good product. It detects issues very well and scans are very thorough and complete.The software is always there running in the background when I need it. I can depend on Malwarebytes to give me intelligent and accurate scan results and the quarantine capability has not failed me yet.
Jeff Henkel profile photo
January 15, 2019

Review: "Malwarebytes: Software That Keeps You Safe"

• Real-time malware and ransomware protection. I never worry about attacks.
  • Automatic scans that don't affect computer performance. Runs at start-up and periodic scans to not only keep my computers running without a hiccup but also without any delay.
  • Almost hidden from view so I hardly know it's there.
  • More clarity on the different versions and which is best and why.
  • Before I purchased Malwarebytes the pop-up to purchase in the free version was very annoying.
Malwarebytes works great on both Windows and Mac computers. My laptop is a middle of the pack late 2017 Dell running Windows 10 i7 with 8GB RAM 250GB Hybrid Hard Drive and I don't have any noticeable slowdown issues. My Mac is a mid-2010 Mac Mini running MacOS Sierra and I have no issues with Malwarebytes on that platform either.
Read Jeff Henkel's full review
Richard Marton profile photo
January 09, 2019

Malwarebytes Review: "Best Antimalware Software"

• Ease of use
  • Comprehensive malware removal
  • Low cost
  • Includes a free version
  • Update the design to something more modern.
  • Make a dedicated standalone version of the free version.
Whenever anything goes wrong on my PC, my first instinct is to immediately fire up Malwarebytes in order to launch a full system scan. I usually am hopeful that Malwarebytes finds at least one piece of unfriendly malware because it usually means that it can be removed by Malwarebytes and then all the problems that came with it in the first place seem to go away as well.
Read Richard Marton's full review
Debbie Johnson profile photo
December 14, 2018

Review: "Malwarebytes For a Second Set of Eyes in Cyber Security"

• It is one of the best malware testers I've ever used. It finds things others don't.
  • It updates the database quickly so it always seems to be one step of others in a removal or block.
  • It runs quickly, even the full scans take less than and cover more ground than competitors.
  • I wish it could update its software without admin rights once it is installed so it's always up to date when needed.
It does a fantastic job when attempting to confirm if a user machine has malware or not. It does a great job at cleaning most things or telling you if it can't clean it completely. It's easy to understand and doesn't leave you wondering if the PC is clean or not.
Read Debbie Johnson's full review
Jen Garfinkel-Canseco profile photo
December 14, 2018

Review: "Malwarebytes is what you need for all of your malware/spyware/virus protection."

• Malware protection is top of the line, keep your computer clean of malware and spyware.
  • Virus protection is also top of the line, and I've had Malwarebytes catch viruses that Symantec didn't!
  • Updates are provided quickly and you are always prompted to download the updates as soon as they are available making sure you're always protected.
  • And the absolute best part of Malwarebytes....it won't slow down your computer or interfere with other programs such as some of the big antivirus software companies!
  • I have not found any cons for Malwarebytes. I have never had any issues with it in the 9+ years I've been using it as my sole malware/spyware/virus protection.
Malwarebytes, although mostly marketed for malware and spyware, has an excellent virus protection as well. Over 9 years ago when I first started using it, I had gotten a nasty virus on my laptop. t locked out Symantec (which never blocked it, and never recognized it). I tried half a dozen other virus programs to determine what virus and to fix it, and NONE worked. Someone recommended trying Malwarebytes, guess what, first scan it caught the virus, gave me info on what virus it was and helped me remove the virus from the laptop, as well as from all of the executable files it had attached to. I have been a loyal Malwarebytes customer since!
Read Jen Garfinkel-Canseco's full review
george wilson profile photo
November 28, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Guaranteed Protection"

• There is a free version and paid version.
  • The installation process is very easy and quick to perform.
  • You can choose the type of analysis that the program performs (threats, personalized, fast). Of course you can also program the system to perform the analysis at the time you want and so do not have to perform manually.
  • After executing the analysis, Malwarebytes generates a quite complete report where you can see all the problems, violations and others that have been detected.
  • When Malwarebytes is updated the consumption of CPU increases considerably generating a slight decrease in the performance of the PC, which can be uncomfortable when you occupy PC with low memory and an old processor.
Malwarebytes is totally recommended in almost all possible scenarios as an excellent measure of protection for your PC, allowing you to clean your PC of rootkits, malwares, avoid annoying ramsonwares infections, trojans and many other threats that are found on the internet today. Unfortunately, Malwarebytes can give some problems if you occupy an old or low-end computer since sometimes the consumption of resources goes up a lot and can cause slight system freezes, but that happens only occasionally and it seems that it is mainly a product of the version that is taken care of since in previous versions and other PC that did not happen to me.
Read george wilson's full review
Kenji C profile photo
August 03, 2018

Review: "I like malwarebytes and I'll continue to use them for years to come!"

• Low system resources, it does not slow down the whole computer when scanning or when real-time protection is enabled
  • Quick and frequent updates, usually people hate updating, but for malware/viruses, you want to be updated as possible. It takes less than 15 seconds and usually does it automatically. They usually send a few updates a day as they find more.
  • Protection features actually work when visiting known bad websites. The page will be blocked and nothing will be downloaded. It may not be what the user wants, but it's what the user needs (as the user can't know every bad website)
  • A few years ago they changed their license model and now have different products. They no longer have lifetime subscriptions, you have to buy it monthly. I really dislike monthly charges, but I understand this is how they make money.
  • It would be nice if malwarebytes had a management console for business/enterprise clients. One place/program to manage all the others.
  • Enabling premium features when the free version is downloaded is annoying, just give me the free version if I download that one.
I think all users could benefit from it. Bigger clients with thousands of users might be more tough, but once it's installed and running, it doesn't require much user interaction. Really works well, always finds what is infected and cleans them with no issues. Almost never have issues on my PC, with the premium version it will block the site entirely so you won't even get to the page to download the malware. It's pretty good, and i'll be using it for years to come.
Read Kenji C's full review
Matt Rogers profile photo
August 08, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Install it and forget it!"

• Malwarebytes blocks and removes ALL malware extremely well. We simply do not have malware/adware/spyware issues any more.
  • Malwarebytes runs silently in the background. The last thing we want is something intrusive that shows constant popups and annoys users.
  • We are able to quickly and easily deploy and monitor Malwarebytes installations from a central server. This is incredibly nice from an administration standpoint. We almost never have to remote into a user's computer or visit them to make any changes or adjustments. It also gives us peace of mind being able to see all implementations listed in a central application and know that they are working and updated.
  • The central server management software was rather difficult to install. This was mostly due to a permissions issue with SQL server. Malwarebytes support helped us out and we were able to get past this ok.
  • We really have no other complaints with this software.
Malwarebytes is well-suited to most environments. I can only speak for a small-sized company. In our environment of 20 users, it is very manageable and trouble free. I would imagine it would work equally well in a large company. I cannot think of a scenario where it would not be appropriate. I have it installed on my personal machine at home and do not have any spyware/adware/malware issues.
Read Matt Rogers's full review
Isabel Huamani profile photo
August 31, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Good anti-malware tool"

• I have used this program for some time. I have found it to be very effective at removing malware.
  • It does a very thorough scan of your hard drive and pretty quickly.
  • Also, I like to see that there are updates to its database definitions frequently
  • This program gives false positives sometimes and the scanning is slow to complete.
  • I don't like the constant reminders for updates.
This software is fast when scanning. It also works in the background while you can perform other tasks in the meantime. It is excellent to make backup copies with the guarantee that these do not contain viruses.
Read Isabel Huamani's full review
December 18, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Best overall protection"

• Keeps your computer clean of malware, blocks and removes all malware extremely well.
  • There is a free version.
  • There are updates to the database definitions frequently.
  • Simple interface and easy software to use.
  • Effeciently quarantines and removes threats.
  • Scanning is slow to complete.
Malwarebytes is well suited for home and business users to keep their computers free of malware. Malwarebytes is easy to use and great at keeping my computers safe, even the free version is great. This is truly a must-have for anyone.
Joe Spradlin profile photo
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes, King of the Hill"

• Work without knowing it's there.
  • Undetectable silent operation
  • Easy management & configuration
  • Highly effective in eliminating daily threats to our organization
  • Plays well with other products
  • I chose Malwarebytes because I couldn't find anything significant for them to improve on at this time. (As far as functionality goes)
  • I would like to see the reporting improve as far as exporting data.
I believe that Malwarebytes fits into any environment and would compliment a layered approach.
Read Joe Spradlin's full review
Pritesh Patel profile photo
April 27, 2018

Review: "Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit for Business is great!"

• The Enterprise console manager is very nice
  • Very easy to install
  • Very light program
  • Logging is great
  • A better UI
  • More solutions for data security
  • Have an email logging mechanism to send system admin alerts for any computers in the fields with threats
Malwarebytes is great for any size company. We are a small company and it works well with us. Each user was easily able to install the software and get it registered. If you are a very large company, you may look into a better enterprise security software that can give you more controls and options.
Read Pritesh Patel's full review
Benjamin Cornejo profile photo
June 13, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Keep Your PC Clean and Safe"

• Its analysis system is quite fast and efficient, finding and detecting the infected files and also those that are suspicious.
  • its system of heuristic analysis allows detection of potential problems or infections in the system
  • complements in a very good way the use of antivirus, since it blocks and detects all that the antivirus does not detect
  • I think they should improve the update system to be more constant and not just once a day
It is suitable for use in all spaces where the security of computers must be taken care of, and even for the home, I also use it on my personal laptop. I have been able to install the Malwarebytes on several computers (some new and others with more than 5 years) and in all it has run well without producing any problem with the system.
Read Benjamin Cornejo's full review
Elena Jackson profile photo
May 28, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "Super Antivirus Software!"

• Picks up PUPS that other programs don't.
  • Picks up adware that other programs don't.
  • Picks up root kits that other programs don't.
  • Very user friendly and easy to navigate.
  • Easy to renew license.
  • Very good price for licenses on multiple computers.
  • Make it easier to find the area where you enter the activation code or key code. Sometimes it's hard to find, too many clicks to get to it.
  • Offer a rewards program for renewals.
  • Offer reward points.
Malwarebytes is best suited to run in the background and set to start scanning upon reboots and start ups. I like that it runs flawlessly in the background and doesn't interrupt my running programs. It is also best suited to run after a major scan of your primary virus scan. It tends to find additional stuff that other virus scans don't pick up on.
Read Elena Jackson's full review
Richard D. Peters profile photo
May 22, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes Delivers for Library"

• Centralized management saves travel time for remediation. IT Staff covers 14 locations covering 2300 square miles.
  • Malwarebytes is a partner as PPLD has ramped up its security posture to better protect employees and patrons while walking the fine line between enabling freedom of information and maintaining online safety. Using Malwarebytes has enabled PPLD to increase protection without hindering access to information and materials.
  • PPLD integrates Malwarebytes with new system builds and scheduled maintenance updates. The Malwarebytes Management Console simplifies staff task to push Malwarebytes to remote machines. The console saves time for technicians and eliminates staff downtime when compared to the old process requiring computer retrieval for updates.
  • Integrate artificial intelligence and machine learning to release IT staff to perform other activities.
Well suited for our environment comprised of over 1300 computers (450 for staff and 850 patron) spread over 2300 square miles at 14 locations.
Read Richard D. Peters's full review
Eric Pohlabel profile photo
May 21, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes. Easy!"

• Easy to update. Program gives clear indication when updates are available and makes it easy to do with a few clicks.
  • Allows user to decied how to deal with identified threats. Quarantine all but allows selective removal.
  • Allows automated scans based on a user controlled schedule.
  • Pricing for upgraded features could be better.
Malwarebytes seems to do an excellent job of cleaning up malicious software.
Read Eric Pohlabel's full review
Paul Li profile photo
May 18, 2018

User Review: "Malwarebytes Catches All Spies"

• Detecting potential malware infections while surfing the web using your web browser
  • Catching malware that may spawn when opening email attachments
  • Stopping programs you attempt to run that may generate a malware attack on your entire network
  • There was one time in recent months when Malwarebytes installed an update automatically on its own that started to replicate itself over and over again causing the computer to slow to a halt. But it was good that Malwarebytes addressed the problem quickly and within hours another update was rolled out which fixed the problem.
  • There should be an option where when aftter computers are automatically scanned, a report can be sent out via email to designated recipients emails.
  • Perhaps there can be a web portal where an admin user can logon to keep track of all the users in the organization that has Malwarebytes installed
Since it's a fairly simple process to download, install & then run a scan using Malwarebytes, an end user can quickly evaluate the effectiveness of the program.
Read Paul Li's full review
Roxie Kirk profile photo

"Malwarebytes Review"

• Alerts when there is a threat on your computer
  • Allows you to schedule scans
  • Allows for a "right now" scan
  • Updated interface
Any home or business setting.
Read Roxie Kirk's full review
February 09, 2018

Malwarebytes Review: "A nice endpoint protector"

• Real-time protection
  • Control of malicious sites and threats
  • Ransomware detection
  • Stylish and attractive platform but [less] effective on the management side
  • For poorly performing clients, it can consume a lot of CPU
  • A reduction in the license cost would make the choice easier than the competitors
For what is my experience in the security sector it's a good endpoint protection [solution] but it really has many competitors. For this [reason] I do not advise actively as a choice. I can instead advise to analyze well all the requests and needs of the customer and choose the best and least expensive solution.
Alan Wheeler profile photo
January 08, 2018

User Review: "Bite back at malware with Malwarebytes"

• Identifies adware, spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
  • Efficiently quarantines threats
  • Does not interfere in any way with anti-virus software
  • Has a good, up-to-date library of threat signatures
  • Scans take some time. If they could be made faster it would make the product more attractive.
  • Once the scan schedule has been set, it is not possible to change in the free version.
  • When running individual scans, Malware threat signatures are not updated automatically.
No anti-threat software is perfect but Malwarebytes, by and large, does everything it claims to do and it does it particularly well.
Read Alan Wheeler's full review
Tom Parker profile photo
October 27, 2017

"Malwarebytes True Review"

• Provides endpoint protection from malware.
  • Provides endpoint protection from exploits.
  • Works great for removing malware from infected systems.
  • Protects against ransomware.
  • Would like to see an improvement in legitimate applications being detected as PUP.
It is great for endpoint protection in cases of malware, ransomware, web protection, and exploits. I am not sure I would necessarily use it as a complete replacement for an antivirus program. We are running it in tandem with Trend Micro.
Read Tom Parker's full review
September 08, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "Best, most effective, non-intrusive virus prrotection - and it's free!"

• Virus protection.
  • Real time protection.
  • Speed of virus scans.
  • Pro version costs money.
  • Sometimes blocks websites that don't have viruses.
  • May not be able to detect some deep-rooted malware.
It's great for business use or even just personal use. It's also not super intrusive like some security softwares can be. I feel safe using my computer knowing I have it and if I'm worried there might be an issue with my computer I can run a quick scan just to put myself at ease.
Chris Putnam profile photo
July 10, 2017

Malwarebytes Review: "Consider Some Teeth for Your Security Suite"

• Efficient targeted scans
  • Cleanup of malware and adware
  • Have run into one or two infections in the past that it had trouble removing once detected
  • No individual anti-malware is perfect in my experience - I have certainly found infections it could not detect
  • Updates in the free version were not always smooth and/or quick
Great as part of a suite for detection and cleanup of infections. Fairly low-profile and runs efficiently in my experience. A very good start for you in-depth cleanup.

I would not suggest relying on Malwarebytes alone as your security system. No individual free A/V software that I have found is 100% enough for prevention, detection and effective cleanup.
Read Chris Putnam's full review