Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software
Cisco ASA is a basic but good firewall. The main function of this firewall is to block every connection from an untrusted network to a trusted network. We have a [Cisco] 5525 Series Firewall in our organization and we [have been] using this for the last 3 years. We have suggested one of [our] clients implement [it] in their organization. The main features of this firewall are nat, routing, VPN, etc. We have configured ikv1 and ikev2 IPsec site to site VPN with our client to create secure communication.
- Network address translation
- IPSec support
- Cisco AnyConnect remote vpn support
- Policy based routing
- Support all routing protocols
- Stateful firewall
- Transparent firewall
- Support authentication, authorization, and accounting
- Load balancing
- Failover support
- Easy to export and understand reporting and logging
- Many bugs in ASDM platform
- Very less application layer security features support
- Complicated configuration through UI
- Very helpful technical support
- Study material available on site
- Easy to download the latest version from website
- Less security options for application layer security
We were using the Sophos firewall but this firewall is very complicated and lots of bugs [are] in this firewall. Lots of [times] we faced the policy misbehave [as well as] downtime. Technical support is also not good so we purchased the Cisco ASA series and after Cisco ASA, we never face any issue. Configuration through CLI is very easy and lots of options in nat.
Do you think Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software's feature set?
Did Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software again?
Cisco ASA is well suited in every organization that needs easy configuration and a trusted firewall. We always recommend Cisco ASA to our all clients because of lots of options in routing, nat, and support the site to site and remote VPN. You can easily configure and deploy in an existing organization network and [it] will never misbehave [or] face any downtime.