Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Catalyst 3650 Series
- Catalyst 6800 Series
- Catalyst 9300 Series
- Catalyst 9400 Series
We are using the 6880 switches as our core and distribution layer through our network. We have about 60 of them deployed. We run MPLS and MP-BGP with a 3 layer VPN on them. We use 4510, 9410 and 9300 as our aces layer. We use sub-interface on the 6880 com toon access layer and GLBP for our gateway protocol and it allows us not to use a limit spanning tree in our environment.
- Stable hardware
- Ease of configuration
- We have had some issues with 6800 switches more so the 6840s we had to replace them with 6880 because of hardware issues.
- The number of software releases. I know you are moving to just a few which is good.
- Sometimes finding a stable release for dot1x.
- We are able to standardize on switch platform.
- We have had great uptime on the switches.
- Support of some of our power, POE needs. We are able to remove power injectors for cameras.
We currently have not. We are looking at how we can use more automation and use some of the new features that the 9k have with DNA Center for deploying new hardware and getting better visibility in our network with DNA assurance.
We currently are not using these benefits but we are looking at DNA center to help with this.