Reviews (1-3 of 3)
January 14, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We use HPE switches throughout our entire organization campus wide. We chose HP because of their quality and dependability but most importantly was their affordability. HP provides an affordable solution which meets our needs in our entire network. They are very well built and hold up to some very warm temperatures we experience in our summer months. They have well exceeded their life expectancy.
Read Joe Casas's full review
Our HPE Networking Switches work and hold up well in our hot and humid environment. Even in some of our closets with poor ventilation, our HP switches have seemed to hold up.
January 08, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
We use a range of HP switches across all of our companies, from our Data centers, remote office locations, and to network manufacturing equipment. HP Provides a quality, dependable, affordable solution that gives us the needs expected of a network today, without the burden of a heavy expense or proprietary training.
- Quality: The HP switches are built very well. In the 12 years that I have been working with Procurve, I have deployed them in challenging environments. Some of these environments include manufacturing plants, rooms where ventilation is somewhat poor, causing the switch to work at warmer temps, and inside of control panels for various engineering projects located in hot deserts. These switches have lasted me for 10+ years. 6-Months ago I had to replace a switch for a friend that was installed in 2010. The switch was still working when we pulled it from the rack, we just needed to move to a POE model.
- Dependability: Working with HP switches, I have never had issues with lockups, unknown transmission, dead ports, or firmware updates. Once you put one in, it stays up until you are ready to replace it.
- Affordable: My motivation of going with HP is because I don't care for the cost of Cisco or the need for a proprietary training. I am a big fan of the open platform. This means that we are able to deploy these quicker, save money on the expense, and have a greater range of support. We get everything we need from a modern switch, without breaking the bank.
- The product itself is great! Where I would like to see a major improvement is the HP web site. The ability to find firmware images or other resources could be a lot easier.
- Would love a software or tools that streamlined the upgrade of the firmware. Not that it is hard now, but something that would work in the middle for getting the new firmware, and then pushing it to the switch.
Read Jeff Allen's full review
My experience with HP switches is that there is a solution for every need, whether it be in a clean Datacenter, dusty environment with poor ventilation, or the desert, HP holds up.
January 21, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We are evaluating Aruba 3810 switches to be used all over our network. We used HP's ProCurve switches between 2002-2004 and they were amazing, easy to configure and to troubleshoot. We are utilizing Aruba Cloud to manage and configure L2/L3 switches. We love the ease of use with their command line, GUI and cloud.
- L2/L3 switches
- Easy to configure using Command line, GUI or cloud
- Lifetime support on all components
- Excellent local technical support
- Reasonable prices
- No compatibility issues with Cisco or Meraki
- Amazing low fan noise
- Nothing we can think of, except I wish they had the stacking cable done on the back of the switches.
Read Thayer Ramahi's full review
Aruba/HPE did a great job with the features, support and product availability. We have not tried the Global support yet but I have not needed to do that so far.
HPE Networking Switches Scorecard Summary
About HPE Networking Switches
HPE Networking Switches (formerly branded HP ProCurve) is Hewlett-Packard Enterprise's network / LAN switching option.
Categories: LAN Switches
HPE Networking Switches Technical Details