HPE Networking Switches Reviews

Joe Casas | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 14, 2020

Cost effective switches with amazing overall support.

We use HPE switches throughout our entire organization campus wide. We chose HP because of their quality and dependability but most importantly was their affordability. HP provides an affordable solution which meets our needs in our entire network. They are very well built and hold up to some very warm temperatures we experience in our summer months. They have well exceeded their life expectancy.
  • They are easy to configure using CLI or GUI interfaces.
  • They are very reasonably priced.
  • The ability to find firmware images or other resources could be a lot easier.
  • Nothing else I can think of.
Our HPE Networking Switches work and hold up well in our hot and humid environment. Even in some of our closets with poor ventilation, our HP switches have seemed to hold up.
Read Joe Casas's full review
May 25, 2020

HPE Networking Switches, install and forget. They just work.

We use HPE network switches in our data closets as well for our layer 3 routing. We have been very happy with their high up time and low maintenance. As an industry standard and ease of management I find it hard to beat an HPE switch. As a small to medium sized business being able to deploy a device and just have it work is very reassuring and a time saver for limitted IT resources.
  • They have a great warranty, and we rarely need to use it.
  • Always been professional class even on the lower end models. Giving us the management and control we wanted.
  • Ease of management. The combination of GUI, and command menu, made learning to manage HP switches easy.
  • The Enterprise management software always seemed less intuitive than the default software.
  • More of the parts could be supported across a wider variety of models.
  • Add-on modules should be cheaper than buying a new switch with modules already installed. So they could really do to serve their customers better with pricing options.
In our small to medium business we made HPE switches our staple data closet switch and also our core layer 3 for routing. The reliability, stability, and ease of management were all key factors for our size business with limited IT resources. Many of the switches would be up for over a year, and then only down for patching. Several of our switches are probably 7 or 8 or more years old and still doing what we need them to do.
Jeff Allen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 08, 2019

HP Network Solution: Quality, Dependability, and Cost Savings for a modern switch.

We use a range of HP switches across all of our companies, from our Data centers, remote office locations, and to network manufacturing equipment. HP Provides a quality, dependable, affordable solution that gives us the needs expected of a network today, without the burden of a heavy expense or proprietary training.
  • Quality: The HP switches are built very well. In the 12 years that I have been working with Procurve, I have deployed them in challenging environments. Some of these environments include manufacturing plants, rooms where ventilation is somewhat poor, causing the switch to work at warmer temps, and inside of control panels for various engineering projects located in hot deserts. These switches have lasted me for 10+ years. 6-Months ago I had to replace a switch for a friend that was installed in 2010. The switch was still working when we pulled it from the rack, we just needed to move to a POE model.
  • Dependability: Working with HP switches, I have never had issues with lockups, unknown transmission, dead ports, or firmware updates. Once you put one in, it stays up until you are ready to replace it.
  • Affordable: My motivation of going with HP is because I don't care for the cost of Cisco or the need for a proprietary training. I am a big fan of the open platform. This means that we are able to deploy these quicker, save money on the expense, and have a greater range of support. We get everything we need from a modern switch, without breaking the bank.
  • The product itself is great! Where I would like to see a major improvement is the HP web site. The ability to find firmware images or other resources could be a lot easier.
  • Would love a software or tools that streamlined the upgrade of the firmware. Not that it is hard now, but something that would work in the middle for getting the new firmware, and then pushing it to the switch.
My experience with HP switches is that there is a solution for every need, whether it be in a clean Datacenter, dusty environment with poor ventilation, or the desert, HP holds up.
Read Jeff Allen's full review
Thayer Ramahi | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 21, 2019

Aruba/HPE 3810 Switches Review

We are evaluating Aruba 3810 switches to be used all over our network. We used HP's ProCurve switches between 2002-2004 and they were amazing, easy to configure and to troubleshoot. We are utilizing Aruba Cloud to manage and configure L2/L3 switches. We love the ease of use with their command line, GUI and cloud.
  • L2/L3 switches
  • Easy to configure using Command line, GUI or cloud
  • Lifetime support on all components
  • Excellent local technical support
  • Reasonable prices
  • No compatibility issues with Cisco or Meraki
  • Amazing low fan noise
  • Nothing we can think of, except I wish they had the stacking cable done on the back of the switches.
Aruba/HPE did a great job with the features, support and product availability. We have not tried the Global support yet but I have not needed to do that so far.
Read Thayer Ramahi's full review

HPE Networking Switches Scorecard Summary

About HPE Networking Switches

HPE Networking Switches (formerly branded HP ProCurve) is Hewlett-Packard Enterprise's network / LAN switching option.