Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Catalyst Switches
Access layer to all computers and endpoints throughout. All uplink to 9K distribution switches. These catalyst switches provide connectivity to computers, printers, access points, IE1000 switches, and MFD devices. They also provide connections to Cisco 8835 VoIP phones that are also Cisco. PoE ports provide power to end devices where needed. Cisco Catalyst Switches switches are rugged and can withstand very challenging environments. They are integrated with Cisco ISE as well and use both RADIUS and TACACS+
- Quickly process IO.
- Provided PoE needed for phones, access points, and loud ringers.
- Facilitates access layer control and security.
- Provides connectivity needed for our production floor.
- GUI Management interface one to many single pane of glass.
- Modular uplink ports.
- Wider uplink lane.
- They pay for themselves over the long life and durability of the switches.
- They are reliable and easy to configure.
- They work right out of the box with minimal config, although the configuration is what makes them stand out from other competitor switches.
We use these switches in conjunction with ISE. They are fully compatible with dot1x authentication, TACACS, and Radius.
- 3Com Baseline Switches (Discontinued)
There is no comparison to 3COM unmanaged switches.
Do you think Cisco Catalyst Switches delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Catalyst Switches's feature set?
Did Cisco Catalyst Switches live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Catalyst Switches go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Catalyst Switches again?
These switches are well suited for network closets to provide multiport access layer, PoE, and security to endpoints where multiple connections are required. They are able to withstand high heat temperatures and dirty environments. I’ve seen some of the dirtiest switches, and they continue to operate and perform as expected although the expectation is that they are placed in environments that won’t damage internal components, etc.