Overall Satisfaction with Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series
We needed a solution that does not rely on WiFi since we've had so many issues with WiFi phones in the past, especially from Cisco, including the 7825 and 8821 series. DECT is reliable and so we looked at the Cisco IP Phone 6825 and quality-wise it works fine for audio. It's being used in our department only.
- Audio quality is solid
- It is portable and has good distance capability
- It's compact and easy to carry
- Battery life is decent
- Buttons could be designed better/larger/easier to find and press
- More intuitive GUI; takes time to figure out how to navigate around
- Webex registration process is terrible; this needs to be improved
It's less expensive, more compact but not as robust and well-adopted/supported since Spectralink kind of owns the industry. Cisco needs to make more of these lines of DECT phones in order to compete.
Do you think Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series's feature set?
Did Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco IP Phone 6800 Series again?