June 26, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Small Business RV Series
[It's used] Across the whole organization. They help us manage all our intense network traffic (highly secure, high-performance, reliable connectivity to the Internet, other offices, and employees working remotely) from the heart of your small business network. This proven router provides the performance and security you need to help keep your employees and your business, productive.
- Manage multiple connections
- Great management tools
- Awesome security
- Complex licensing. One could invest as much time learning their licensing schemes as you would studying for a CCIE.
- Most GUI software is written in Java and can do a lot of dumb things--specifically the ADSM software used to configure ASA's.
- Very good ROI
- Most products have a CLI that is easy to use and understand.
- Very large feature set. Cisco offers numerous open standard and proprietary protocols and options in their code that other vendors lack parity with.
Small to medium organizations should use these routers in order to improve network management and traffic control. Also for security reasons. Great hardware, but sometimes expensive. Licensing is often complex, but when finished, great support. VPN is also a great feature, and other products available make this a great package. Great ROI.